The Magician Square

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fallen_Soul said:
Sarah followed, but had feeling someone she knew was following her.

"I think I see an instrument merchant over in the corner!" Okawa said, pointing in the direction they were walking while veering off into the right. "I forget how huge this place can be when I'm not alone in running my errands."

"I see..." Engine Man said.

"At any rate, I believe we got what we came here for." Doctor Shrooms said. He turns to Dark Gunner and Vincent. "Thank you for allowing us to tag along with your mission. We appreciate the information. We will informed the Heroes Organization about this and send you any updates about the whereabouts. If you have any findings, don't hesitate to call us."

"Same for us." Ballows said as she dragged Tort. "We'll be located the Brotherhood of Black Magic." She began to take her leave. "I need to inform Black Shadow about this..."

Doctor Shroom and Engine Man waved back at the Dark Gunner and Vincent before leaving as well.

An salesman was twirling his thumbs on a run down stand when noticed three ladies walked past him. "Well, look what we have here..." He mumbled to himself. "H-he ladies! Over here! You fine ladies look like you're seeking some good ol' goodies! I have an offer that you just cannot deny!"

"Quite!" the salesman responded to Okawa. "I can tell that you are looking for something very, very specific just by the way you move! If you come with me, I shall fetch whatever you need!" The salesman stated.

Sarah said "We need a del Gesa violin, preserved through the ages and in tune. We also need it susceptible to magical enhancements. Money is of no object."

"Y-es! Rest assured, there is no foul play of any kind." The salesman began to sweat when Okawa threatens him. He needs to be very careful about that particular one. He turns to Sarah and raised a brow about a violin. Placing his right hand underneath his chin, he began to speak. "Ah~! I have tons of violins and I think I might have what you are looking for, young lady." He led them to his shop, though it's a bit run down in comparison to other shops in the Square. He pulled out a box that had tons of violins and pulls one of them out. Alright, I just need to play my cards carefully of conning these dopes. "I believe THIS is what you are looking for! Of course, you need to pay before I let you touch it... valuable and all that."

Okawa's eyes scanned the shop, and her eyes narrowed in scrutiny. She let out a soft scoff of contempt. "You'd think with all those violins you have, this place would look less of a trash heap." Slowly, she withdrew her wand from her dress pocket with her free hand. "Pulling out such a valuable item all willy-nilly? Now why would a merchant with dignity keep something like that among the others as if they were cheap, little, splintery toys?"

Her deep purple eyes gave off a rather unsettling vibe as she stared right at the salesman. "That's quite a bad business practice, you know. What say you, Sarah?"

Sarah looked over the violin and said "He has lied. I can see it in the condition of all the violins, they are cheap knockoffs and while one not trained to notice them would be fooled, I am not."

The salesman sweated a bit, giving a rather crooked smile at their responses. "N-nicely done! You were able to spot something fishy about these artifacts! You see, it was all an act to test if you have the eye to see through scammers! You know this place, full of scammers, tricksters and people trying to get the last golden coins, you see?" He swallowed his saliva and coughed a bit as he turned his back on them for a second. "Damn, just my luck! I was just trying to get a couple of bucks, but I got bitches instead of witches!"  He cleared his throat, took a deep, quick breaths and turned around with more violins in hand. "Well, ladies, since you pass the test of these fools violins... here's the real deal..." 

He opened the box and pulled out several violins that were made from some unknown material. "This particular item is rather unique! With one musical note emitted from this device, you can able to turn anything into objects!" He explained. "Of course, I have the violin in question, but this is precious you know? Rarely anyone would ask such a thing without showing me some gold."

"If I wanted to transform objects, I'd simply use my wand." Okawa interrupted with disinterest. "I don't need a piece of junk like that to do such a simple task. I think we'll be taking our leave now-- I don't like having my time wasted by con artists like yourself."

"H-hey! I have more stuff! Don't leave!" the salesman called out to both of them as they started walking away. It was futile and left hanging his head down in shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom