Not open for further replies.

ShineCero

The Strongest
ADMINISTRATOR
Pronouns
He/Him
H5s5UO7.jpg

Paradice, Terra. The Core Vortex

Long, long ago, people live in peace and harmony with one another. There was sense of unity, bonding and appreciation of one another. However, a dictator from a distant region rose to power, and he used the power of science to bulge the world into darkness and rule it with an iron fist. Using the destructive power of nuclear weapons, he destroyed his once beautiful region into a barren wasteland and set out to do the same to the other regions. After a decade, many brave heroes stood up against the dictator and ended his regime; however, his legacy of bloodshed managed to inspire the hearts of man. Expansion, gathering resources and the sort became attractive to potential rulers, leading to another series of wars soon after a moment in the sun.

One day a human was escaping from pursuers through the desert after committing high crimes against the lord of his own. He was on the run for days without food or water until he was unable to continue any further and stopped by a strange, black tree with a single fruit. Accepting his fate, he went to have his final meal. Suddenly, the human had taken on a strange form, one that has never been seen in this world. The human turned into a gigantic beast with so much tremendous power that no weapon in the world can rival it. The Beast walked among the earth, leaving a path of destruction in his wake until one man stood against this monster: Merlin, a man who held from Paradice that made the first attempts of attempting magic. The two beings clashed against one another in a great, epic battle, but eventually, the beast fell by the hands of Merlin as he emerged as victorious.

But at the end of all of this, the world was badly scarred: over 50% of all humans was killed during the Beast’s rampage. Then upon their corpses, a new life spontaneously formed and appeared in Terra, beings called Demons—they bear similar powers and abilities to that of the Beast. Upon the Beast’s death, a giant metropolis suddenly appeared out of his corpse, reaching new heights in Desolate Lands, protected by a powerful shield that prevents anyone from entering. From there, another wave of creatures emerges—monsters, mindless creatures that think nothing but pure destruction.

Merlin and so many others realized that things must change to improve the world. Centuries passed, some regions managed to strive more than others, while some remained stuck in the past with bitterness and hatred. It is not perfect, but peace was seemingly stabilized… however, things might upset the balance of peace once again as a new threat is on the rise.

Premise: Grand Sorcerer Shine, the current leader of the Magic Society, is set to introduce a new wave of mages that achieved the rank of Battle Mage—the appropriate level for mages to set out in grand adventures and assist people around the world. As required, all battle mages will enter in teams so they can gain battle experience, work experience and explore many parts of the world.

The new Battle Mages, formed by the Magic Council, will received their first mission from Shine. There is someone in Desolate Lands that hadn’t been heard for a while. He wants the team to find this person and bring them home safe and sound. A simple recuse mission that should be an easy task for newly formed Battle Mages. Of course, due to Desolate Lands being dangerous, he requested assistance from Valerie, a friend that oversees the Beast Slayers to ensure nothing goes wrong in the mission. However, it seems that a simple recuse mission will bring unexpecting adversaries.

General Discussion Hub

Core Vortex Rules
  • The [Pending Name] are the main characters of this story.
  • You are only allowed up to 3 characters to play at once.
  • Your characters can be human, demon, monster, mutants, robots, etc.
  • Your character will start as a Battle Mage.
  • Your character must be original—existing/canon characters is for Reality Vortex.
  • You can have characters shift from Main Role to Supporting Role.
  • You can have a character leave for a period.
  • Character Death is possible in this story.
  • Be courteous to other players; do not metagame, make your characters have extensive knowledge, etc.
Subject To Change

“…And I foresee a battle so great, that this entire world will once again face darkness…”

Shine opened his eyes, waking up covered in sweat; breathing heavily and his bed entirely a mess. After controlling his breathing, there was a moment of silence as he observed around his room, filled with magical items, papers and other artifacts. The sun had risen, shining a light through the window as Shine blocked it with his hands. “What was… that? That was too real of a dream…” Furrowing his eyebrows and his eyes narrowed. “Was it a vision…?”

As Shine was lost in thought over the dream, someone entered his room. A young woman, seemingly in her late 20s, was wearing a purple robe, a point black and purple hat, large baggy pants with artifacts attached on the side of her torso to connect her upper outfit together. She has black hair, and her eyes are not visible, hidden underneath her bangs. “Sir, we have a new wave of Battle Mages arrived at the Magic Council Chamber. We request for your appearance to grace them and give their first mission.” She said, not aware that Shine wasn’t listening. “…Sir?”

Shine’s body shook when she called him a second time, finally realizing that someone had entered his room. “Roxanne… sorry, I was out of it.” He paused for a moment. “So today is the day… I better get ready.”

“…Are you okay, sir? You seem to be rather nervous.” Roxanne asked. “Did you have a nightmare?”

Shine stood up from his bed and wiped the sweats from his forehead using a towel nearby. “No… I’m fine.” He responded. “Roxanne… what’s the name of this world?”

“Why, it’s Terra sir.”

“Terra… is that right.”

“Yes.” Roxanne paused for a second. “Sir… are you truly alright?”

Shine narrowed his eyes upon the name Terra. For some reason, he thought it was another name—and yet, now, despite having that terrible dream, he could not recall a single thing about it. Those thoughts had vanished from his mind instantly. “Yes… I’m fine. I guess I did have a bad nightmare. Remind me to not eat after midnight.” He nodded once. “Anyways, let’s go to the Magic Council. I’m sure the new Battle Mages are eager to start their new journey…”

The Magic Council Chambers

The Magic Council Chambers is what every mage sees for the first time when they achieved the rank of Battle Mage. The sense of scale was far different than any other room they had been before showcasing that there is a new height of powers that they will experience from now on. Across the room, there are various paintings, sculptures, and important magical items spread around. One painting is the portrait of the first founder of the institution, Merlin. In the middle of the room, there are 5 pillars with thrones erected on top: all of them were already seated expect for one.

A large door to the chambers opened, allowing the newly Battle Mages to enter the premise. The first one to step through the chamber had a body language that beams overconfidence.  “And that’s the first step for me to the Magic Council Chambers. You can send the rest of these losers home now, because you’re looking at the future Grand Sorcerer, Liza!”

Liza has black, short hair with bangs that covered her eyebrows, blue eyes and fair skin. She dresses very gaudy; wearing a pink fuku that has a singular, large yellow stripe in the middle, a yellow collar that has three black stripes on it, yellow shoulder pads and a long black skirt that has a checker pattern on the bottom tip. She wears long sleeve socks, with black open-boots, giant yellow orbs that have lightning symbols on it as earrings, a choker with an orb in the center and small orb on top of her head.

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves," a man spoke to Liza and her loud obnoxious attitude. "This is a very important place and meeting, you know..."

The man entered right behind Liza and looked around curiously. He had a long magician navy blue robe to cover him almost from head to toe. His robe had an opening in which people would see a belt with a small notebook, wand, and several potions. He had boots up to his knees and a small dagger in one of them. His hair was dark blue and long, tied at the end with a string. His hands had black gloves with a water symbol on the top. Lastly, he had glasses on his face, ones which he constantly pushed up.

"You should respect your elders, young lady..." The man cleared his throat as he finally addressed himself. "But I guess we should get introductions out of the way. My name is Aquario and I have high hopes of meeting the legendary Shine today. I aspire to be like him one day."

A bandaged hand caught the door just as it was about to close, pushed wide open before the next person entered the room. She stood straight up and had an expression that was somewhere between serious and grumpy. Her bright red hair and eyes stood out the most against her outfit; black loose-fitting pants that tapered tightly into her boots with a white sleeveless top. A leather utility belt held a dagger with some smaller trinkets but that was it. The only thing hinting at a more delicate touch was the headband of dark flowers on her head.

"Looks like this is the place..." she uttered before giving the two other mages in the room a nod with her head as a greeting. "My name's Asuza. I'm here because what I can do as a mage isn't giving me much of a paygrade to work with. And I got sick of doing boring odd jobs that aren't worth the compensation. Pull your own weight, don't do anything dumb, and we'll get along just fine."

A person in a non-descript robes with there face covered says "My name is Vox. I gest that were a party." Its unknown how long Vox was just standing there before speaking or did they just walk in.

Vox thinks "I gest I the only one out side of there hunter that has any real world experience. I wonder how long till the fact my body is that of a demon bite me?"  Any concerns if any did not show on Vox in any way shape or form.

“Huh?!” Liza made an overly exaggeration sound in response to Aquario scolding her over her manners. “Tsk, I’m just merely asserting the truth of the matter: I’m clearly the best one that ever step into this place, and everyone shall know it.” She pointed her finger at Aquario, then to Asuza and Vox. “You three look like you just barely managed to achieved Battle Mage.” She side-eye both Asuza and Vox. The former does not seem like a person she can get along with, and the other she cannot really put her finger on it, but it gave her a creepy vibe. “They’re really letting a bunch of nobodies become Battle Mages these days. Tsk, they ought to revoke that title and sent you back to the tombs, at least you can be useful there. And—”

As Liza rambled on, with the Council members looking at one another with concern, Shine and Black Shadow entered the Chambers.
As opposed to his appearance earlier, Shine was dressed more appropriately, albeit conservative compared to the rest of the mages. It hardly stands out since he was wearing nothing more than a black clergy robe, black boots and magical artifact around his neck. He had purple eyes, black hair and dark skin as he quietly observed each Battle Mage that were in the chambers. This cause Liza to stop berating the others, catching her attention.

“Welcome, Battle Mages.” Shine spoke. “I’m very please to know that we have not one but multiple Battle Mages. Quite a rarity to happen these days. Many are usually content to say in the lower ranks to avoid conflict when traveling.” He closed his eyes. “I’m sensing great power within you all, so I’m confident that the Council members have chosen wisely to promote all four of you.”

Wisely? Of course, it was wise. My parents did not spend all kind of money to sent me here to be a slacker. While I doubt their abilities, mines are top tier. Just simply brilliant.” Liza pounded her chest as she boasted.

"Quite the loudmouth you have," Aquario sighed as he glanced towards Asuza and Vox. He nodded back to Asuza and did not seem to harbor any ill feelings towards them, wondering what their capabilities were. He then rolled his eyes at the mention of how Liza bragged about her money. "I suppose money does buy anything nowadays, even the title of Battle Mage..."

Before he continued on, he heard and felt Shine and his assistant, Black Shadow, enter the room. He glanced towards Shine wide-eyed, finally being able to meet the man face-to-face. Even though their meeting would be brief, he felt so small yet so inspired by Shine's presence. The man couldn't help but lowered his head out of respect to the highest Mage he knew.

"Grand Sorcerer Shine, it is of the highest honor to meet you," Aquario said. "As a battle mage, I will show you my best in any mission you give us. Rest assured that I will not let you down..."

Liza glanced at Aquario after he made his comment on her fortunate and suggested that she bought her way in. Her face distorted just slightly, grinding her teeth at the audacity that this man to speak ill on her person. As she was seething and trying to come up with an elaborate way to rebuke Aquario’s statements, Shine raised his way.

“No, Aquario. The honor is mine. Everyone here has proven themselves to be worthy to hold the title of Battle Mage and achieved even higher. So, there’s no mistake in doubting anyone’s abilities, and no need to prove yourself.” He said, attempting to cool down the tension that Liza was bringing in. “I’ve studied some tasks you have done when you guys were at the lower ranks, and it give such an impression that the Council immediately sought you out as to achieve this rank. You all should be proud of what you have done—regardless of status or background.” Shine and Black Shadow bowed together towards the mages.

Liza snorted once Shine started highlighting everyone’s abilities to be extraordinary.

Shine approached the group a lot closer, with Black Shadow tailing him from behind. “Nowadays, when we have a mage that achieved the rank of a battle mage, we sent them to a team that needs one more member to form their team of five.” He observed each of them, calling out by their names. “Asuza, Vox, Aquario and Liza. The Council and I agreed that you will all formed a team together to celebrate this rare occurrence.”

“Um. What?” Liza clearly became slightly titled when Shine stated the Council’s intentions.

Asuza pressed her lips together to stifle a laugh at the sight of Liza trying to sputter out a comeback to Aquario's remark. "Well isn't that humbling, we're all going to be a team TOGETHER! What are the odds, huh?" It seemed she was going to enjoy this despite the headache Liza already had caused her. "In fact, I wouldn't have it any other way... but you said a team of five. There's only four of us, sir."

Vox thinks "Ok Liza's reaction was amusing to this." Vox shows no reaction to anything visible.

Vox thinks "For now I will let them all speak." Vox seems to be just observing things but that is hard to tell.

"I'm afraid there are only four of us here, Master Shine. Perhaps the last member isn't here yet?" Aquario looked back at the three other members before glancing at where they all came from. "How rude to keep us waiting, especially in front of the Grand Sorcerer himself..." He sighed before turning back to Shine. "Well, at least you see all of our potential."

As the others respond somewhat positively that they will form a team together, especially with Asuza snickering at Liza’s expense. “Wait, hold on.” Liza said in protest. “I thought I was going to join the Golden Knights. Or the Dark Wizards. Or at the very least—the Shining Dawn. No one said anything about joining with these damn clowns!”

“Unfortunately, those teams are quite out of your league, Liza. But I bet once you gather enough experience, you might have a shot to join their teams.” Shine said, quickly turning to both Aquario and Asuza on their question regarding the number on their team. “Now… I am aware that there’s only four of you. But they will be coming in any second now.”

“Wait—I’m not done here. I don’t want to be grouped up with them.”

Before Liza could complain any further, the Chamber doors opened wide when a young man walked in. He was tall with a medium build body. He has black dreads, the end tips illuminating a light blue color, dark skin and red eyes. He wears the standard blue magician robe that barely extend over his knees, accompanied by a black cape, gloves and boots. He wears a blue headband with magic symbols crested all around. “Looks like everyone is here. Good.”

“Ah, there you are Tort.” Shine responded. He turned to the others. “Your fifth member, and your captain of this team, Grandmaster Tort—the Blue Fire Mage.”

Tort was seemingly on the younger side, pushing between 24-27. But his expression, his mannerism and posture showcase his maturity despite being young. “Thank you, Gran Sorcerer. Nice to meet you all. No need for introductions, I’ve already learned your names yesterday.” He has a monotone, so it’s hard to convey his expression when he speaks. “I’ll be your captain and leading this team. Let’s get along… and try not to cause any trouble.”

Grandmaster Tort was known in the Magic Society as being the toughest and harshest Captain. In comparison to the other Captains, his team has a near perfect score of completing missions, but due to how it done cause many Battle Mages to drop out in search of an easier Captain. Because of how he operates, Tort is often dubbed as “The Blue Devil” of his harsh regiment training and always dealing with the harshest missions.

"Tort? Grand master Tort?" Aquario said with some surprise. "I have heard a few rumors circling around saying that this man is tough... Maybe Grand Sorcerer Shine sees our potential and believes we are capable to fight alongside with Tort..."

The mage began to sweat slightly, knowing it took a lot of work and effort to get to where he is now, and he does not know Asuza, Liza, or Vox's capabilities. He grew a little nervous, but his voice sounded confident.

"Well, if Tort is going to be our captain, then he must have a good mission to test us and our teamwork."

“Unfortunately, the mission is already handpicked for us this time.” Tort responded to Aquario’s remark.

While Aquario expressed nervousness, Liza on the other hand was quite freaking out that out of all the Captains, it had to be Tort. What the heck?! Tort is going to be our captain. First these losers and now we are getting latched don the harshest captain in this institution?

“Yes, I figure that this mission will be a testament of your skills, and a chance to work together to see how you flow with one another.” Shine added on. “Of course, after this mission, Tort will handpick all other missions from thus forth.”

“Uhh…” Liza raised her hand. “Can we get another captain? I feel like you’re putting too much confidence on them to have him as their captain. That’s putting too much faith on their level.” Liza tried to explain. “You see, I can tell the magical energy that one has… and they are nowhere near the level of comfort that fitted for Tort. Me of course, have no reason to fear, but I think they should be put with someone that matched their level.”

“…. No, I think this would be fine. As I said, all of you have proven capable of this rank.” Shine responded. “And I will not be surprised if all of you rank up in a good pace in the future. So, the Council’s decision isn’t flawed, nor do I think Tort is unfit.”

Tort narrowed his eyes, remaining silent between that exchanged. “Anyways, Grand Sorcerer Shine. What is our mission?”

Shine nodded his head once, while Liza lowered her head seeing that her “concerns” were dismissed. “The mission is relatively a simple one; there’s someone in Desolate Lands I haven’t heard from in a while. They were supposed to be on a canvas to search the area for some stolen artifacts, but I feel that they made be in danger. So, your mission is to find them and bring them home safe and sound.”

“… Desolate Lands? Are you’re just throwing up into a hell’s den right away? That place is nothing but trouble!” Liza’s eyes narrowed upon hearing that their first mission takes place in a lawless land filled with monsters, demons and mutants. “They will clearly die, you know.”

“Don’t worry, I have a friend, whom I owe a favor too, that will send a few of their people to you to show around the place and provide some decent protection.” Shine said.

Asuza was used to working by herself on jobs under the table, but this seemed quite different than her usual routine. Unlike Aquario and Liza she didn't seem to react with surprise due to her general unfamiliarity with how things worked with this group. She wasn't aware of there being much of a hierarchy other than the counil and the Grand Sorcerer. Regardless, their talk put her at unease.

This might end up being a real pain if I'm stuck hearing her bellyache the whole time... Asuza thought to herself. And to make things worse it sounds like we'll be stuck outside of Paradice for a while.

"Well... as long as it's just a rescue mission I guess it'll be alright for our first job," she sighed a bit and ruffled her own hair idly. They didn't have an option to say no from the looks of things. "Never been to the Desolate Lands before but I hear they don't take too kindly to outsiders. We can use some locals on our side at least."

Vox says still not showing any emotions "I am fine with whatever gob but given the general location we shooed be reedy for most anything." Despite not showing any emotions Vox dos betray the fact, that he if not been there before lived in the Desolate Lands for a bit time.

Vox thinks "The locals are a little guarded but once you shown your worth they are friendly enough."

"Desolate Lands? That's a pretty rough place to start..." Aquario said to himself. "Well, it's just a rescue mission, so I don't think it could be that hard. Still... the people in Desolate Lands are not exactly friendly... I guess we'll see when we get there."

As Liza continued to whine about how she did not want to be with him, Asuza, or Vox, he let out a sigh and had a feeling that this mission would be more annoying than it needed to be. He tried his best to not reply to Liza's witty remarks but pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Look Liza, like it or not, we have to work together in order to make this mission run smoothly. We are all here to follow Grand Sorcerer Shine's orders. Stop worrying about us and quit thinking about yourself... it's annoying." Aquario then turned to Shine. "When will we depart? I'm ready to prove myself."

“That’s the right attitude, Aquario. You should not look at this so negative, Liza.” Shine tried to bring some sense of comfort for the blond woman. “Give them a chance as they will give you, and surely, in due time, you’ll all band together like comrades. And Desolate Lands is a tough place, I won’t deny. That’s why it was fitting to assigned Tort to be your captain. Please treat him well.” He turned to Asuza. “And of course, my friend will take care of ya’ll as well. So lay your worries to bed.”

Liza went quiet and retorted to mere mumbles that is not easy to hear. “Damn four-eyes… go read a book or something.”

“I think that should covered it. Your Captain will take over from now and take you to your next destination. Please have a safe journey and return home safe and sound. I’ll drop in you lot every once in the while to check the status of your progression.” Shine said as he, along with Black Shadow, bowed to them.

The other Council members bowed their heads simultaneously, with one speaking out. It was a rather woman’s voice, but the way she phrased her words indicates that she was on the older side. “You all have the honor of being the rare teams of newly battle mages. We pick you to represent our institution, so don’t disappoint us.” She said as the others nod in agreement.

“Alright, let’s head off then…” Tort said, heading off to the exit. “They’ve made preparation for us to leave right away at the Courtyard. They have all the standard equipment in the vehicle, especially geared towards your specialty. So, we won’t waste time looking for items—we’ll do that in the next mission. Assuming if we survived this one.” He paused for a moment. “It’s a joke, by the way…” Although it was a really dry delivery on that joke. 

Liza held her head down and followed Tort without making a fuss, seemingly that there was no getting out of it.

"I hope not, otherwise that must mean I wasn't good at my old jobs to begin with..." Asuza didn't let herself be stared at for too long by the mysterious councilmembers and started to follow behind Tort once they were dismissed. 

They call this guy Blue Devil... he seems okay... if only a little awkward. But I just hope that name's meant for how he fights, she pondered to herself. She eyed Vox out of curiosity since he hadn't said very much the whole time they were in the meeting-- he was also hard to read. 

"There's stuff on the vehicle for us? Cool, I didn't bring a lot with me since I kinda go pretty lightweight. But then again I've never done a job that needed a 5-man squad before..." she decided to try and be conversational to kill time. "I ought to get this out of the way now; I use fire. But don't worry, I've never burned anybody while on the job-- accidentally, anyway."

I guess Captain Tort has a very...unique taste in humor. Maybe he should save his jokes when we're not in this mission...

When Aquario heard one of the council speakers mention that this mission will represent their institution, he grew slightly cold. He felt a weight on his shoulders but, at the same time, a wave of determination to prove himself and how hard he worked. Hopefully he got along well with Vox, Asuza, and Liza despite her comments earlier. Following Tort, he was curious to see what they would find in the vehicle.

"Well, we can use some of the supplies to think of strategies," Aquario said to the group before trying to add to Asuza's conversation. "I use water. I hope we can work things out between our magical elements, Asuza." He fixed his glasses. "I've studied a bit on how to turn my water to ice and steam. It took me a while, but I got the hang of it." He then turned to Liza and Vox, curious of their magical element. "What about you two? What do you guys specialize in? It helps to know our strengths and weaknesses."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom