SYN☆ESTHESIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elio

Blue Jacket
Website
heliosdraws.tumblr.com
WELCOME TO SYN☆ESTHESIA!
(i apologize for the poor word choice but I had to make a pun with my username and the only thing that has syn- in it and is somewhat art-related is synesthesia so) 

[size=small]I'm an artist. That's kind of a no-brainer. I draw a lot in my free time, when I have so much work to do, in between work, when I get bored from doing what I'm supposed to do or just wanting to avoid shit like the procrastinator I am -- I draw like 99% of the time. I've been drawing since I was six but I never really considered SERIOUSLY drawing until I was like 11, and the art bug has bitten me ever since.[/size]​

[size=small]This is where you can see my art! I'll try to update this thread as much as I can, but I upload stuff more often in the following, so check there if activity gets slow here! [/size]​

[size=small]ART TUMBLR | TWITTER | DEVIANTART[/size]​

[size=small]Art samples:[/size]​

[size=small]
tumblr_nuejrmS7ap1teo2who1_540.png

tumblr_nt1wrbcFGZ1teo2who1_540.png

tumblr_nrvirjj8561teo2who5_540.png

tumblr_npouja6P171ur8kyao1_540.png
[/size]​
[size=small][size=small]and in case anyone is actually interested in throwing money my way because you liked it that much here's my[/size][/size]​
[size=small] KO-FI PAGE[/size]​

[size=small]Thanks for visiting! ☆☆☆[/size]​

The Transformer one is adorable. It really made me giggle. xDD

The others are really impressive. I especially like the DBZ one.

They're all great! (My favorite is the Zexion headshot and the DBZ #squad)

I'd commission all the artists but I'm broke and no paypal OTL so I just reblog/promo commission posts instead

~ Z ~ said:
The Transformer one is adorable. It really made me giggle. xDD

The others are really impressive. I especially like the DBZ one.

Ahh I'm glad!! Thank you so much!

LoopyPanda said:
They're all great! (My favorite is the Zexion headshot and the DBZ #squad)

I'd commission all the artists but I'm broke and no paypal OTL so I just reblog/promo commission posts instead

Thanks a lot! Any reblogs or promos are appreciated! 

Here's some new stuff, been on a HUGE Transformers binge lately so you're likely to see more of these littering this thread lmao

PROWL:​

tumblr_nwfkkxx7ls1teo2who1_540.png

ULTRA MAGNUS:​
tumblr_nwfkkxx7ls1teo2who2_540.png

MISFIRE (he's not a very well-known character, but he's p popular in the More Than Meets the Eye comics)​
tumblr_nwfkkxx7ls1teo2who3_540.png

Man, I'm really digging those Transformers drawings (Whoa, Prowl looks really badass) :D I have to say, as of now, the drawing of Aqua is certainly my favorite drawing from you. I don't know why, but I just love the way you draw her (that and I could be bias since she's my favorite character in Kingdom Hearts B| XD)

Can't wait to see more of your works, Syn!

ShineCero said:
Man, I'm really digging those Transformers drawings (Whoa, Prowl looks really badass) :D I have to say, as of now, the drawing of Aqua is certainly my favorite drawing from you. I don't know why, but I just love the way you draw her (that and I could be bias since she's my favorite character in Kingdom Hearts B| XD)

Can't wait to see more of your works, Syn!

Haha, right? I was super proud of how Aqua turned out too :D  And don't worry brah, she's my favorite character too ;;;; And thank you so much!

Here's some new stuff I've drawn lately. More Transformers (oops), but I tried to make gijinkas out of some of them:

RODIMUS GIJINKA (heavily inspired from FFX's Tidus) :​

tumblr_nwkz0z5OuK1teo2who1_540.png

CYCLONUS GIJINKA (based on Cyclonus' holomatter avatar design in MTMTE #43!)   ​

tumblr_nwkps99zFn1teo2who1_540.png

Some very indulgent shippy robot thing​

tumblr_nwnhk7ouQk1teo2who1_540.png

I'm pretty sure y'all are sick of the Transformers already haha

Tailgate gijinka!

tumblr_nxd3ri9U3K1teo2who1_540.png

A very pretty Starscream <3

tumblr_nxf48qmPLP1teo2who1_540.png

Black Rock Perceptor (IDW turned him into a sniper, god bless)

tumblr_nxenmhZsl21teo2who1_540.png

Small crossover ft. Tailgate and Xion! 

tumblr_nxoodyoq1R1teo2who1_540.png

A little something I doodled after reading Transformers: Redemption

tumblr_ny25lhWIQp1teo2who1_540.png

More stuff! 

tumblr_o0nlzmXLLa1teo2who1_540.png

tumblr_o0nhvyB0ZZ1teo2who1_540.png

Soundwave

tumblr_o0nhvyB0ZZ1teo2who2_540.png

Whirl​

tumblr_o0i0ujDtYF1teo2who1_540.png

tumblr_o04zbkhtgS1teo2who1_540.png

Xemnas

tumblr_o04y0jthbD1teo2who1_540.png

Sora

tumblr_o04y0jthbD1teo2who2_540.png

Xigbar

tumblr_o08vdz4CEm1teo2who1_540.png

Marluxia

tumblr_o08vdz4CEm1teo2who2_540.png

Marluxia's head colors probably

tumblr_o08s1bV3it1teo2who1_540.png

Super silly self-indulgent comic wwwwww​

Let me know what you think!

Damn, so many drawings, kind of hard to pick out which ones I like the best since all of them are pretty god dang good :pimp:

I really like the Determination one.

I can totally see Sora looking like that if he was to appeared in Transformers xD

Soundwave certainly looks badass in human form. Give him a kick ass guitar and he's on his way to start a rock band XD

ShineCero said:
Damn, so many drawings, kind of hard to pick out which ones I like the best since all of them are pretty god dang good :pimp:

I really like the Determination one.

I can totally see Sora looking like that if he was to appeared in Transformers xD

Soundwave certainly looks badass in human form. Give him a kick ass guitar and he's on his way to start a rock band XD

I plan on making more just to get over this art block thing! Thank you!

LoopyPanda said:
Undye looks so cool in your style! You should totally draw her in her Royal Guard Armor. :D

Dem transformers doe

Thanks so much!! I'll definitely consider it!

Awesome work Syn! I don't know much about Transformers, but I love your KH x Transformers crossover drawings. I think you captured the characters well, especially Marluxia. I'd love to see more :)

I love this! Your artwork is so amazing!!
And your style is so awesome, especially with the transformers!!

Luxtra said:
Awesome work Syn! I don't know much about Transformers, but I love your KH x Transformers crossover drawings. I think you captured the characters well, especially Marluxia. I'd love to see more :)

I had a Transformers!Demyx lying around which I'm planning on sketching out! Thank you so much!

Panich said:
I love this! Your artwork is so amazing!!
And your style is so awesome, especially with the transformers!!

Thanks so much!!

Anyway I should stop not updating this thread until like weeks later but here's some new art!

tumblr_o3po0rG6fu1teo2who1_540.png
tumblr_o3nbufRW9b1teo2who1_500.png
tumblr_o3nbufRW9b1teo2who2_500.png
tumblr_o3h34ya0Ie1teo2who1_540.png
tumblr_o3h34ya0Ie1teo2who2_540.png

ShineCero said:
Awesome! Are the last three drawn by hands?

Nah, I just used pencil brushes that really emulate the look and feel of pencils!

Anyway, I have some cool stuff to show: talksprites!! Been practicing with them for a while, but here's what I have so far:

tumblr_inline_o5vdsoLyYC1ty8s14_500.gif
tumblr_inline_o5vdt5yZdz1ty8s14_500.gif

tumblr_o5viv7kBeU1uavefpo1_500.gif
tumblr_o5viv7kBeU1uavefpo2_500.gif

tumblr_o5w7y1ysWz1uavefpo1_400.gif
tumblr_o5w7y1ysWz1uavefpo2_400.gif

Bonus: 

tumblr_inline_o5v7ddQT0k1ty8s14_500.gif

While I'm not a homestuck fan anymore, I've always liked people's sprites and talk sprites in general! 

I wish I could make some with different expressions without messing up the overall image. What is your process for making them gifs? Mine takes wayy too long and is excessively complicated. ;;

LoopyPanda said:
While I'm not a homestuck fan anymore, I've always liked people's sprites and talk sprites in general! 

I wish I could make some with different expressions without messing up the overall image. What is your process for making them gifs? Mine takes wayy too long and is excessively complicated. ;;

Thank you! What I do is make separate groups for each and EVERY expression, as well as clothes, body poses, etc. It's still super complicated tbh. Then I save them as separate PNGs and animate them in Photoshop. 

I think this tutorial has a simpler process though. 

Animating in GIMP

Xamag's tutorial on making/animating talksprites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom