SYN☆ESTHESIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even have much to say here I'm just so stunned at how nice these pieces of art are.

That said the piece with Xemnas and Terra speaks volumes about the character in what's effectively a, probably using the wrong word here, romanticized portrait? Idealized? Word that means "shows the entire essence of something" or perhaps "shows the entire essence of something in one picture." Regardless it's wonderfully dark, expressive, and illuminating. Awesome work.

Is that a spooky Xion as a vampire? I always have difficulty picking out which KH character is which but if so aaa spooky Xion! Making vampires adorable again!

I hope that last part doesn't get uploaded, what's the harm at hitting "post" at 2AM without checking.

Downright amazing drawings as ever; I really like how you used colors, your drawing style is pleasing and gosh darnit, possibly the best looking KH fan drawings I ever seen. Especially the second set (with Sora?); wow, just wow. Simply amazing.

Grey Star said:
I don't even have much to say here I'm just so stunned at how nice these pieces of art are.

That said the piece with Xemnas and Terra speaks volumes about the character in what's effectively a, probably using the wrong word here, romanticized portrait? Idealized? Word that means "shows the entire essence of something" or perhaps "shows the entire essence of something in one picture." Regardless it's wonderfully dark, expressive, and illuminating. Awesome work.

Is that a spooky Xion as a vampire? I always have difficulty picking out which KH character is which but if so aaa spooky Xion! Making vampires adorable again!

I hope that last part doesn't get uploaded, what's the harm at hitting "post" at 2AM without checking.

Oh geez thank you so much! Means a lot to me that my work gives you those kinds of feelings really -- I'm glad you loved them! 

ShineCero said:
Downright amazing drawings as ever; I really like how you used colors, your drawing style is pleasing and gosh darnit, possibly the best looking KH fan drawings I ever seen. Especially the second set (with Sora?); wow, just wow. Simply amazing.

Ahh thank you Shine!! You're too kind honestly ;0;

God damn, this is pretty good. Is this hand drawn? I think this is the first time I ever seen your traditional drawing (unless you actually did post them and my mind is escaping me at the moment). Nevertheless, Ansem + Rose = KINO  :katlove:

ShineCero said:
God damn, this is pretty good. Is this hand drawn? I think this is the first time I ever seen your traditional drawing (unless you actually did post them and my mind is escaping me at the moment). Nevertheless, Ansem + Rose = KINO  :katlove:

Nah, I've done some traditional ones before (the Sora and Roxas one for example), and they're actually holly -- but thank you!

Grey Star said:
Your coloring skills translate well from digital to traditionally, it's all beautiful.

Thank you Grey!

Also here's a couple of new pieces. I might have just snapped with my recent one. I might have.

The recent one was inspired by this fan animation of Ariana Grande's God is a Woman and I've never seen anything that hits ALL of my aesthetics all at once and I snapped​

Elio said:
ShineCero said:

Nah, I've done some traditional ones before (the Sora and Roxas one for example), and they're actually holly -- but thank you!

No problem! I really like it when artists show off their traditional stuffs; I'm a sucker for hands-on, getting your hands dirty type of art. What type of tools do you use when coloring it? It looks like copic markers, but I'm not sure.

Elio said:
Grey Star said:
Your coloring skills translate well from digital to traditionally, it's all beautiful.

Thank you Grey!

Also here's a couple of new pieces. I might have just snapped with my recent one. I might have.

The recent one was inspired by this fan animation of Ariana Grande's God is a Woman and I've never seen anything that hits ALL of my aesthetics all at once and I snapped

God is a Woman is stunning! I think this is one of my favorite ones so far!​

ShineCero said:
No problem! I really like it when artists show off their traditional stuffs; I'm a sucker for hands-on, getting your hands dirty type of art. What type of tools do you use when coloring it? It looks like copic markers, but I'm not sure.

God is a Woman is stunning! I think this is one of my favorite ones so far!

The skintone's done with copics while almost everything else colored is done with water-based markers! And thank you!!

Grey Star said:
The god is a woman piece shows off really good lighting skills Elio. Good job.

Thanks so much!! I was pretty surprised by myself when I did that, but I guess that's what great inspiration does to you!

Here's some choice pieces for the month!

DrZGljrVYAEF8r-.jpg

(comic 1)
DrqT6UAVYAA1Qv8.jpg

DrqT70YVAAAGhPB.jpg

DrqT8xPV4AATfUc.jpg

DrqT-JeU0AA1l3-.jpg

(comic 2)

Dr-3i7zVAAACcSr.jpg

Dr-3kOfVAAAVdYK.jpg

I also have been drawing a zine piece but I'll show that when I'm allowed to!

New posts for 2019. Some Tytania AU stuff, since I'm pretty much rewriting the whole thing 

And some stuff from December!

k_da_organization_by_heliosdraws_dcvdz51-fullview.jpg

I really like the KDA piece, especially the colors and designs you picked for the characters from what I can peep! Xemnas' is my favorite one (that outfit looks really good on him actually)... clawz n' shade

I also really like Brinja's design because it's not a variant of Goku or Vegeta and has a distinct design while being easy on the eyes in terms of color scheme. I also like the silhouette being formed by the cape in place of the other arm. Makes me wonder how losing a limb like an arm affects the warrior class on a social level and the physical level, since to my knowledge the most I've seen of the Saiyan Warriors is maybe an eyepatch or a scar for a blinded eye (and an occasional tail that gets removed). I really like the design in general but that might be my bias toward white/grayish haired characters talking  :p

LoopyPanda said:
I really like the KDA piece, especially the colors and designs you picked for the characters from what I can peep! Xemnas' is my favorite one (that outfit looks really good on him actually)... clawz n' shade

I also really like Brinja's design because it's not a variant of Goku or Vegeta and has a distinct design while being easy on the eyes in terms of color scheme. I also like the silhouette being formed by the cape in place of the other arm. Makes me wonder how losing a limb like an arm affects the warrior class on a social level and the physical level, since to my knowledge the most I've seen of the Saiyan Warriors is maybe an eyepatch or a scar for a blinded eye (and an occasional tail that gets removed). I really like the design in general but that might be my bias toward white/grayish haired characters talking  :p

Thank you!! Honestly I sort of based Brinja on Xemnas. Just a tiny bit. And they probably would make up for that lost arm somehow, but I haven't thought of that yet. 

Here's a new piece! 

Goku, what does the scouter say about his fashion level?

Crushes scouter.

It’s over 9,000!

Really love the Vegeta pieces. Linework, coloring. Facial expressions especially. All very nice.
I dunno what KDA means for an Organization 13 crossover, but internally I’m fanboying at the punkish designs. The sorta “sheen” over the piece also looks wonderful.
Brinja looks really cool! And a lot unlike other Saiyan designs, which is highly refreshing. Also, the hair. It’s so cool!

Grey Star said:
Goku, what does the scouter say about his fashion level?

Crushes scouter.

It’s over 9,000!

Really love the Vegeta pieces. Linework, coloring. Facial expressions especially. All very nice.
I dunno what KDA means for an Organization 13 crossover, but internally I’m fanboying at the punkish designs. The sorta “sheen” over the piece also looks wonderful.
Brinja looks really cool! And a lot unlike other Saiyan designs, which is highly refreshing. Also, the hair. It’s so cool!

Thanks Grey! That KDA piece was challenging but I'm happy with how it turned out! 

Anyway. Yeets some choice pieces here

D2C23zuUgAAEodc

D1T1gPrU4AEZLad

D2maPBcUcAAYwT4

It may be a whole lotta gay. But gay is good.

Xemnas and Xigbar just work together as a neat couple. The teal background of the first makes for an interesting contrast of Xigbar and Xemnas' predominately white with secondary black image. I can't help but feel like the colors imply a connection there, beyond the obvious part of the image of "gay couple." I really like the gold accents in the second image, they're very eye catching that draws me into different parts of the character designs. I don't know how to describe the third image as anything other than cool. An easy to see blue blackground, with an awesome character design, topped with a very emotive expression that says a lot about the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom