Sometimes You Still Lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey Star

Red Jacket
P/P http://boogaloocrews.com/showthread.php?tid=767

Registration http://boogaloocrews.com/showthread.php?tid=768

---

Within 2099's version of central park there was a group of people standing in front of a table and woman, many of them barely clothed and looking desperate.

"Thank you all for coming to receive compensation for the appliance failures that utterly destroyed your homes. We will be sorting you all out shortly." The woman said on a loud speaker. A red light started to glow from a tree, for within Mecha R held his cannon, ready to vaporize the entire group. Behind the tree Proto-Jacen stood, the monster holding his sword and ready to become the clean up crew from Mecha's antics. Yet something wasn't quite right in Central Park today, and it wasn't the murder about to be preformed, or time breaking apart, something else was there, a different kind of sinister. Perhaps this outside force, this third player, had a role today.

A figure was on-top of a building, witnessing the gathering of men, women and children. Observing the area, the figure felt that something was off about the situation. He noticed a red glow from afar, becoming rather curious. "Well, that's quite an interesting sighting." He said.

The unknown presence gathered around the man, a deep voice forced its way into his head.

You can save them, you know. I'm certain you have a friend or a friend of a friend in that crowd, right above death's doorstep.

"!!?" He looked back and forth but couldn't see the person. He concluded that he must be speaking to him directly within his mind. "Who is this? Save...? Perhaps so, but what have to do with you?"

You have three seconds to disrupt that cannon before those people are dead. And Victor, I am the Black Kaiser, I have taken an interest in, disposing of the ruler here. The voice replied. Mecha R's cannon was fulled charged and about to fire. Some peopled stared into the glow in shock and awe.

He turns his attention to the area where the group was preparing to fired the cannon. "Three seconds? There's a possibility that I won't be able to prevent the blast from firing under that time condition" He stated as he dashed towards the ground, running towards the direction of the group located in the tree. "Based on the quick observation, it should be easy for me to disperse however.." He lifted his arm up and pointed his hands towards the tree as he stood in front of the gathering of people, firing a tons of casting bolts of eldritch energy towards it.

The cannon fired, but the laser exploded upon contact with the energy, harmlessly dispersing in the air.

Good Victor. I'd watch out for the prototype.

"Guwah!" It was then Proto-Jacen leapt at Doom, a sword raised in mid air to prevent the energy from harming him.

Doom turns his attention to the figure that leapt towards him, taking notice of the sword. "Persistent" He thought. He'd jumped backwards with his left hand gathering energy, as he attempts to catch the blade with his right hand.

I doubt this is the person who fired the blast.. Doom thought in his head. He held his left hand towards the ground near the figure, firing it to create an explosion. He turns his head midway. "Why are you fools standing there? Get away from this place!"

"!?" Doom jumped back away form the fireballs; however one of them managed to land a hit on the right side of his torso. He was staggered a bit. "Created against magic users? This is simply no task for the likes of me when I'm capable beyond the magical abilities." Doom stood up and wave his arms around, a beam of light swirls from his hands. Then he leaped into the air and flew with the jets activated. He flew straight across the area in attempt to use the magical energy stored within his hands and connected with a punch to the face.

Proto-Jacen flew back into a tree from the attack, and growled before teleporting off.

A laser blast pierced through Doom, doing damage but nowhere near deadly.

The robotic soldier. Uncle never did fight fair.

"There's only enough room for one metal man in this town." Mecha R said a fair distance behind Doom.

"How the hell?" Dr Doom turns to his attention to the stranger as he place his hand onto the area that was pierce. "Nothing of notable damage I see." He said. "I'm impressed that you managed to stuck in a attack without me noticing." Doom observed his body. "This is one who seems that tried to fired the cannon onto the crowd."  Doom thought. "May I ask, what's your objective here with the people?"

Mecha R smirked, putting the Bison laser pistol down and looked at Doom.

"My boss ran a little prediction test and figured out all the people most likely working to take him down. A few civilian causilities could be afforded." The robot said.

"Boss? So there's more of this group.. could it be possible that he's have some ties to the Black Kaiser?" Doom stared at the figure, continue observing the foundation of it's body and the weapons it holds. "Prediction test? Aimlessly killing those who don't have the means to defend yourselves? Such pathetic tactic this "boss" of yours concluded to be a "stable plan." Doom responded. "Sorry, but the blood won't be spilled around this time while I'm here. I recommend taking your leave immediately while you have the chance. Unless you don't mind being a spawn of mines?"

I do have ties to them, just not in a way you would expect. Don't hesitate to kill them, if given the chance. Not that death matters for them anyway.

"It's a good thing you chose me to be chatty with, Proto-Jacen has been a mute for, what, a hundred years? Give or take a decade. I hope that the weapons production line in the Brooklyn base isn't suffering. Anyway, I think I'll take you up on the whole escape right now offer." Mecha R replied, pulling out the Cow Mangler and activating the charge shot, aiming almost directly down, and firing, launching himself at an incredible speed far away.

Doubtless we'll see them again. So Victor, do you wish to take down their leader? Jacen Petronov, CEO of Alchemx, and the one responsible for the city you see today.

"Interesting." Doom thought as he saw Mecha R disappeared over the horizon. "I suppose that's the end of that for now.." Doom turned his head slightly to the right. "Well, I have my own motives.." Doom said. "However, for now, I'll concede with helping your mission of taking down this "Jacen", Black Kaiser." Doom responded. "Although, you seem to have extreme knowledge of that group and me as well.."

You'll have to trust me Victor. Though you may refer to me as Kaiser. Something is weakening the reality of this place. I suspect the answers will be in a particular building in Brooklyn, the one that Mecha R mentioned. Some sort of foreign magic is from Jacen's base there. Also, thank you for saving those civilians.

Doom stood there for a second. He was thinking that whether or not it's the right choice to trust such a thing. However, since it hasn't presented itself as a thread. "Alright. It's the building in Brooklyn correct? I'll investigate to gather more clues of Jacen."  Doom said. "It's nothing sort to speak volume of." Doom responded to Kaiser's compliment of saving the people. "Anything else I should know about this building?" Doom asked as he leap onto a nearby building and began hoping from one to another from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom