Port Graham [Original]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ah! That'll be easier than running over there." Construction responded, taking up Dragonfly's offer. "Let's not waste any more time." He offered his hand to Dragonfly.

"Alright." Dragonfly increased his strength to x2 and grabbed Construction's hand. "Take care, Cement." He said then took off into the sky, pulling the other hero along.

Cement nodded and continued his duties of cleaning up Port Graham. "Damn, another grand-scale attack? I just hope no more families are broken this time around, but deaths seem to never be avoided..." 

Dragonfly and Construction have left the area.

Cement raised a brow. "What was that?" He turned his head to the direction where he saw a pile of rocks being moved and went for a closer inspection.

Following the sounds of shifting rubble led to a little boy between the age of four or five years old digging through the broken infrastructure. He was cluthing a torn stuffed dinosaur in one arm while he lifted drywall up with the other. "Mama?" 

His appearance matched that of the boy in the photo that the woman from earlier had given to Cement.

Cement narrowed his eyes upon seeing the boy. "You're!!!!" He picked up the broken infrastructure and reach his hand out to the boy. "Come on, I'll get you out of here and find your mother, okay?"

Cement felt sympathy for the child that grabbed onto his fingers. The chaos that emerged from that battle would leave anyone scared for their lives. "Yeah, I can take you to your mother. First, let's get you out of this mess..." Cement pulled away from the debris and pick up the child with his hands before placing him on the ground. "Can you walk?"

The child nodded after getting the feeling back into his feet. It seemed miraculous that the boy was mostly unharmed save for a few scrapes. "You're strong, mister!" He looked around them curiously. "Where'd everybody go?"

"Hey, you're the strong one here kid. You got nothing by a few bruises!" Cement praises. "Most people are currently being transferred to Hero City City to recovered for their injuries. Though, I think someone that is looking for you is still here and excited to see your well being." Cement smiled as he walk back to where they kept all the people that were rescued.

"Mom's around here!?" The boy looked around excitedly. "Is she okay? She didn't get hurt, did she?"

Some of the crowd standing nearby caught sight of the boy and whispered hurriedly to each other, a few running off to go get someone.

"Your mother is fine, sonny. She's a tough cookie you know. The only thing hurting her is the fact that she was unable to find you. However, you just save her from pain. Now smile with pride when your mother sees you." Cement smiled as he went to the group. "Hey, is the mother of the child around here? I'm sure they didn't start transporting people yet."

"Okay mister. I'll be strong for Momma!" The boy replied with a grin.

Anna weaved through the crowd, who whispered among each other with shock that the boy was found, towards Cement with wide watery eyes. "Danny!? Is that you!?"

"Momma!" The little boy reached for his mother, who took him from Cement's arms. She checked him for any bruises or cuts, but he seemed fine aside from a scraped knee and dust covering his hair. Anna looked up at Cement with tears in her eyes; they were from happiness and gratitude.

"You found my boy. I can't thank you enough... Now there's one less worry on my shoulders." She said in a tone of relief, sniffling and wiping her eyes with a free hand.

"He's super strong, Mommy! I wanna get strong like him so I can protect you from bad stuff too!" Daniel declared, hugging his mother tightly.

"I'm sure you can. But being with you is all I need to feel safe, sweetie. They already found your father, but he's being taken care of by the doctors... we might not be able to see him for a little while, so let's wait for him in the safe zone. We can go get him some flowers."

"Okay! Bye, Mister!" Daniel waved his goodbyes at Cement. "You got lots of work to do cause of all the rocks and stuff, but when everything's fixed, you should come and visit. I'll make sure you get all the pancakes you can eat free from the diner too!" He called over his mother's shoulder as she carried him away back to the waiting area.

Cement smiled as the mother and child were reunited. He was actually feels embarrassed since this the first time he actually ever encountered people in a more personal manner. "So this is what the feeling of a hero is like..." Cement is a hero that only comes after the fallout and usually avoids things like this because he can never say the right thing. Yet, such feeling of their happiness left a mark on Cement. Quickly, he called upon the Heroes Organization to ensure that someone is coming their way to evacuate the people and take them to Hero City City. Though, considered a God Level Threat had appeared in hos complex, transportation might be limited. Regardless, their happiness was not wasted.

"If I can make someone happy by doing this, what's more of being a simple hero that works on construction?" He turns around, seeing all the rubbled, motivating him to do more. "Alright, let's fix this place up then!" Cement went over to the rubbles and double down on his work to clean up the mess faster than before.

Whitney, back from Hero City City, had taken the long way back to Port Graham. Apparently the train tation was closed and crowded full of people, so she decided to just catch a bus and walk the rest of the way. 

"I completely forgot my rent was due today... I guess I'll have to talk to my landlord..." She stopped among the dispersed crowds and piles of rubble. It was less chaotic than she remembered it being when she was transferred out, but it was eerily quiet. Even if there was nothing but rubble for a good part of town, it seemed like the man that attacked the diner was gone, so she figured this was the safest place to be.

"Assuming I can even find my way to my apartment..." Whitney continued wandering along the destruction, using her sights to see if she can catch any glimpse indicating her current location in the town. "Could've sworn the diner was around here... Maybe I walked too far out?"

Cement wipe his forehead and clapped his hands together. "Alright... that should do it. Just need to wait for Construction to come back from that God Threat and we shall get started rebuilding this place." 

======

A few feet away from Whitney's location, a glimpse of a sparkling item appeared in between the rubble.

Whitney caught sight of the sparkling and turned her attention to something in the pile of debris, gingerly walking towards it. "What's that? It sure is shiny.... maybe someone dropped something in the commotion?" Nobody was around, though, so maybe she had to return it to the owner. Whitney peered into the rubble pile for a closer look.

Among the rubble, there was a figurine of a scrawny, but muscular, man flare as the rays of the sunlight was hitting it. It seems to be dirty from the amount of ashes and dirt, but surprisingly has no damage on it.

"Hm? Looks like an action figure. I guess it belongs to one of the kids around here..." Whitney picked it up to examine it out of curiosity. "Never seen a toy like this... maybe it's a new cartoon kids like these days."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom