Port Graham [Original]

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Futuropolis…?” Broly looked at his attire, it seemingly worn out, as if he been into a devastating battle, but seemingly can't recall at the moment, but glimpse of it were returning in his eyes; one particular memory was a strange man in all black clothing, urging him to attack something. “I supposed I do need a change of outfit.” He stuffed his mouth with more tacos, easily consuming them like a vacuum, to ignore that memory. “If they served more food like this, I don’t mind going.”

"It rains here a lot, dude! You'll catch a cold running around half-naked like a wrestler." Whitney said. "But I hear Futuropolis has all kinds of food to try, so we could probably find a whole bunch of stuff you don't see here." After all the tacos were eaten -- mostly by Broly, obviously -- Whitney opened the box containing her souvenir that she bought at the bakery from Hero City City. "Now it's time for dessert! I got a small strawberry cake, but it's still way too much for just me to eat. So I'll just have a couple slices. The icing will get hard since my fridge isn't running, so we'll have to eat it today."

“Strawberry cake…” Broly took a small piece; after eating it, it left a rather delicious taste in his mouth, causing him to crave for more. He took a chunk, using his bare hands, and stuffed in his mouth. “T-this is delicious! To think food like this is capable to exist…”

"Hey, now! You're making a mess!" Whitney scolded, knocking his hand with a fork. "Cake is sticky and makes a mess, so you can't just eat it with your bare hands."

"... even IF strawberry cake is that good." she admitted.

Broly sweated when Whitney knocked his hand with a fork. “I never knew this planet had such luxurious foods.” He grabbed a fork, copying how Whitney used it and took a bite. The explosion of flavors left Broly in awe of how delightful taste.

"Then you'll probably like going up to the big city! They have way more food than this town could dream of..." Whitney said while eating her own slice. "I guess with all the muscle you have, you need to eat a ton of food to keep it that way, huh?" She joked. "My job doesn't pay much, so sometimes I have to live on instant soup for a good week or two after paying out my rent. And now that I probably won't be working until the town's cleaned up..." she trailed off and picked at the icing on her plate with a frown. "I hate avoiding my problems, but leaving town for a bit might keep my mind off things until I figure out how to stay afloat for the next week or so. Speaking of which, where do ya live anyway, Broly? If you can remember, that is."

Broly remained silent when Whitney asked the question. “Home… such a place doesn’t exist in my memory.” He took another bite out of the cake. “It was destroyed a long time ago, for the better.”

Whitney was stunned into silents for a few moments before speaking again. "Wow. That's... depressing." Whitney sweated, laying her head on the table because she didn't know what to say. "I don't know what I'd do if that happened to me... but that means you don't have a place to crash. So we could be roommates for a while! I don't ever have roommates for long since they just stay here until they can move to a place out in the cities. And since you got your memory all jumbled up, I'm the only person you know, and I'd feel really bad if you got lost around Empire State. Even if nobody would pick a fight with you..." She seemed excited about having a new roommate. "If I can help you get your memory back, that'd be even better!"

Broly turns to Whitney and her enthusiasm of wanting a roommate. He didn't smile, but he felt something, a good something. Broly nodded. "Well, hope I won't be a burden then." After finishing his portion of the cake, he stood up and looked out the window. His eyes twitches seeing the destruction outside and gritted his teeth. However, he saw a flash of light from the distance, accompany with large smokes in the air.

"Does your city normally have smokes?" Broly asked.

"Huh?" Whitney stood up and stuck her head into the window to look at what was going on. "That's pretty far from here-" she gasped. "That's where my grandma lives! That's Los Demonios!" Her face paled. "It doesn't usually look like that... something bad must be happening... what if it's the same person that attacked the town? No, that can't be it..."

"Maybe it's on TV..." Whitney scrambled to find the remote and had to mash the button several times with her shaking hands to turn on the small TV situated on the other side of the room. "Oh, grandma, please be okay..."

“Your relative lives over there?” Broly watched Whitney turned on the television to highlight the latest news about the event. 

[I’m here, near Los Demonios, that the city is currently in a massive battle. We have no reports on what’s actually going on, since we cannot close to that horrid city, but it seems that whatever is happening, buildings are collapsing by the dozens. We tried to contact the Heroes Organization about the matter, but it seems that as long it does not affect other cities, they will not turn their heroes to check it out.”]

"Heroes Organization...?" Broly said.

===

Cement wiped the sweats off his head. “There, all done. Looks like this place is up for restoration…”

"What!? They're just gonna stand there and let the place get wrecked with people in it!?" Whitney struck her fist against the counter. "Even if Los Demonios is full of bad people, they gotta DO something! Grandma isn't a bad person!" Her anger quickly subsided before she slumped in her seat. "But if they're not gonna do anything right now, who will? Why are they gonna wait until more bad stuff happens first?" Whitney scowled. "And we can't do anything because it's dangerous to go over there. They don't let people in there or out of it."

The reaction Whitney gave upon hearing the news of the Heroes Organization’s inability to act on it confused Broly.

[Ah, we have a special message from the Heroes Organization regarding the matter: 

“Los Demonios is one city that we have absolute no reason to send our members in unless it is an absolute threat to other cities; we are currently placing more focus on the mysterious attacks on Port Graham and hos Complex, a much higher priority on the list than a city of the most dangerous criminals in the planet. We will send an investigation team once the situation dies down.”

Looks like we just have to wait until everything cools down; for now, if you are in a neighboring city, make sure too lock their doors. We advise going to this city because of the dangers. We will update you as we can.
]

Broly narrowed his eyes, grabbing onto his head. "Arrrgh.... We should... head over there..." He suddenly remembering a familiar voice that rings his head. "and kill anything if you want to find that relative of yours..." 

======

"Excuse me..." A man in a hoodie said. 

"Hmm? You can't be here sir." Cement said. "We're currently about to rebuild this place. You have to go to Hero City City...." Cement narrows his eyes. "O-oh! I'm sorry! I didn't see your rank on your clothing. I was notified that there's another hero coming over here." 

"Yes... I'm currently... looking for something."

"But how are we gonna get there? It's too far to make it on foot unless we fly or something." Whitney asked. "And even if we do, no hurting people unless they try to hurt us first! Otherwise that doesn't make us any better than the guys that got locked up in there to begin with." She looked back at the broadcast before taking a few minutes to think. "But I'd rather do anything than let Grandma get hurt anymore. We can take her somewhere else. I wonder how quickly we can make it there if we run really fast... no, that won't work..." she muttered. "Geez, it'd be way faster if I could just fly there or somethin'."

Broly did not respond; instead, he opted to levitate off the ground. "I think this solves that issue of yours." He offered his hand to Whitney. “Just tell me where to go and I’ll get there instantly.”

Whitney stared at Broly and then the floor, noticing his feet weren't planted on the carpet. She did this multiple times before reeling back in shock. "Y-you can do that!? Wow!" Her eyes were wide in awe. "Just like a real hero... except more helpful!" She stuck her tongue out at the TV before taking his hand. Whitney pointed to the smoke plumes out in the distance. "Let's go to Los Demonios, but out on the outskirts. We definitely don't want to be in the middle of the city with all those buildings falling." She reached over and grabbed her jacket before nodding her head determinedly. "Ready!"

Broly nodded. “Noted…” There was a quick glance of disappointment on his face when he could not check out exactly what is going on in Los Demonios, his energy flare for a split second in excitement for facing a powerful opponent(s). Eyeing the direction Whitney pointed out, Broly places the young girl on his back, he'd assumed the young woman knows to grabbed hold to him tightly; otherwise, she'll fall off. 

He stepped outside and took off towards Los Demonios; leaving Port Graham.

===

“So you lost your Mysterious Figurine, huh?” Cement said. “That’s a pain in the ass, but you cannot be losing those things. I haven’t seen anything like that… though I do remember seeing a light… a while back. Sorry I wasn’t in any help in your search, Edge-Man.”

“It’s…” Edge-Man paused for a second, placing his hand over his head, flipping the single bang covering his head. “It is quite alright... I just have to keep searching. Good luck on this project.” He turned around and walked off. “Damn, I heard people claim Broly appeared here, but I can’t find the damn thing anywhere. My hands are shaking with anger… but I must remain calm….” He looks up to the sky, viewing the clouds. He tried to imagine them as plentiful of weapons in order to ease his mind a bit. Suddenly, he sent a man, Broly, soaring through the air with a young woman, Whitney, riding on his back. 

Edge-Man’s eyes widened, seeing that they are heading towards Los Demonios. “That’s him… my evil eyes never lies. I have to follow them quickly… that woman… she has Broly!”

(Now that the thread is freed up of players and the town can get fixed up, I will be closing this thread and moving it to the Museum! Please stay tuned for the clean and spiffy new version of Port Graham coming soon!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom