Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee

[align=center][video=youtube]

New trailer for the Let's Go series (the Japanese version of the trailer has a lot more content than the English trailer, and it looks a like better at the presentation). Seems to be more promising as they should off a ton of stuff. Seems like a fun little game while we wait for the core series (remember, it seems that every generation, it lasts 3-4 years and we're still within the 2 year mark for Generation 7).

Huh... you can customize Pikachu and Eevee. I wonder if that's going to get transfer to the main core games?

There's an interview with Madusa regarding Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eeeve, according to Serebii.

Early excerpts from an interview with Junichi Masuda in the Famitsu magazine have been released. In these excerpts, Masuda reiterates the statement that 2019's Pokémon game on Switch will be more akin to the previous handheld titles. However, in another excerpt when asked if Pokémon from Let's Go will go into the 2019 game, he states that he knows there was a time when players felt bad that they couldn't transfer their Pokémon forward (referring to when Ruby & Sapphire cut compatibility with Gold, Silver & Crystal) and that he is hoping to avoid that. This implies that the games will have some future compatibility with other Pokémon games, but at present is not set in stone and the method is not known.

I wonder if Pokemon Bank will be released for the mobile app in the future? I'm assuming that it will show up on the Nintendo Switch at some point in the future before the 2019 Games gets released.

A interview has been released that details about the conception of Pokemon Let's Go Series and some information regarding Generation 8 games. 

Madusa's Interview regarding Let's Go 

Here's some portions of the interview that are interesting:

Masuda: It was a daunting task we took upon ourselves, for sure. There was considerable debate within the team concerning the absence of wild Pokemon battles. Up until this point I had been steadfast in defending the mechanic as the series director; this time, though, I felt like we should try to change things up a bit. Personally, I’ve always felt that the weakening and capturing mechanic is a bit like fishing – there are people that aren’t fans of that kind of strategy, though. To that end – as I mentioned before – I wanted to make these games more enjoyable for a wider audience of fans. As such, we simplified the mechanics. Until now, catching Pokemon has been vaguely reminiscent of fishing, whereas I’d liken the new mechanic to catching bugs with a net. I have to wonder if people will enjoy that sort of straightforward mechanic more so than the previous mechanic.

Speaking of map encounters, in the footage that was shown off during the Nintendo Treehouse: Live presentation at E3 2018, you could see Pokemon on the map that had both red and blue auras surrounding them. What exactly do those auras mean?

Masuda: Those auras mainly represent the size of the Pokemon! Effectively, the red aura represents a Pokemon on the bigger side, while the blue aura represents a Pokemon on the smaller side. There is a similar size mechanic in Pokemon GO; some people like bigger Pokemon, while others prefer smaller Pokemon – these auras allow trainers to catch whatever size Pokemon they like!

We got a ton of trailers for Pokemon Let's Go series.

The latest trailer has been released for Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee. This trailer reveals more of the Secret Techniques and customization, as well as the new moves. Pikachu has the move Pika Papow, a move only accessible when an icon appears on the battle screen with high happiness. It does more damage based on your friendship. The new move revealed is Splishy Splash

Eevee has a similar move, Veevee Volley as well as three moves. The Fire-type Sizzly Slide, the Water-type Bouncy Bubble which heals Eevee by 50% and Buzzy Buzz, Electric-type which can paralyze. If you get the sign when your Pokémon isn't in battle, it gives you the ability to raise our current active Pokémon's stats. The Secret Techniques are Chop Down and Sea Skim with the new one Sky Dash allowing you to travel to other areas of Kanto like Fly.

Celadon City's Game Corner has shifted to be an arcade. This is to avoid a high rating since the previous Game Corner was a gambling ring.

Big oof to everyone who JUST got a Switch before this model was announced... :lmao:
Now where's my damn pastel Switch Nintendo

And also goodbye Clefairy pachinko slot reel minigame... you were a hypnotic source of joy for the wee radishes of those who played up to FRLG... F

The graphics look pretty darn good though, I'll give it that. Hopefully when you catch a legendary it doesn't reduce your Switch to a toaster when you try to play with it or something.

LoopyPanda said:
Big oof to everyone who JUST got a Switch before this model was announced... :lmao:

Y-Yeah! Major Oof! *Kills Shine in the background*

But in all seriousness, I think the arcade is a pretty neat idea since you can possibly put the Virtual Boy of Pokemon Yellow (Maybe play up to Brock before it starts over?) I also like these new moves, Eevee especially! They are so cute and I plan to get Eevee JUST because of it! The weird balloon move Eevee uses and the Pikachu Surf move is a reference to Pokemon Yellow's Pikachu moves Surf and Fly. Kinda find it funny how they snazzed it up. All in all, I'm excited and can't wait for this game to come out! Gotta save up money...

~ Z ~ said:
LoopyPanda said:

Y-Yeah! Major Oof! *Kills Shine in the background*

But in all seriousness, I think the arcade is a pretty neat idea since you can possibly put the Virtual Boy of Pokemon Yellow (Maybe play up to Brock before it starts over?) I also like these new moves, Eevee especially! They are so cute and I plan to get Eevee JUST because of it! The weird balloon move Eevee uses and the Pikachu Surf move is a reference to Pokemon Yellow's Pikachu moves Surf and Fly. Kinda find it funny how they snazzed it up. All in all, I'm excited and can't wait for this game to come out! Gotta save up money...

Now that's a pretty neat idea for GameFreak to do. Add in the little easter egg as a nod to the original as they experience a more touched-up version. 

The best part is the complete removal of Hidden Moves... literally no one is going to miss them. No. One.

After speculation, it seems that we got a "sneak peak" of a new Pokemon that appeared in Pokemon Go. It was datamine by a user named Chrales, on twitter, and discovered the new Pokemon (originally, Kecleon was supposed to show up, but it seems that they fucked up somewhere and accidentally uploaded a new Pokemon). 

Here's what the new Pokemon looks like:

DnmGclRUcAEZPty.png

After the reveal in the network traffic, when Community Day ended in Asia Pacific, Oceania, many Pokémon turned into the brand new Pokémon shown. However, when captured, it immediately turned into a Ditto and sometimes Chikorita and other Pokémon. At present it's not clear why this is happening but we'll provide updates as and when it comes
Edit @ 07:28: Niantic's head of marketing for Pokémon GO in Japan, Kento Suga, has started tweeting about this indicating that it is a tease and not a mistake.
Edit @ 07:35: The Pokémon then changed into a Kecleon in spawns and then has now disappeared. At present there is no further information over this unusual turn of events

So for those playing the Community event in the Americas, see if you can encounter this thing!

@"Freak" @"Ploep"

post the GIFs of this Voltnut boi (idk its name but I'm calling this little guy Volnut okay)

It's a very odd series of events though... especially if it transforms into Ditto/other pokes before not even showing up at all! Wonder what they're playing at...

LoopyPanda said:
post the GIFs of this Voltnut boi (idk its name but I'm calling this little guy Volnut okay)

It's a very odd series of events though... especially if it transforms into Ditto/other pokes before not even showing up at all! Wonder what they're playing at...

Ba4bOUe.gif
LYNr7Ja.gif

Here's little Nutto! It's so freaking adorable. And for extra fun, it's been 808 days since Pokemon Go's first release and this thing is presumably the 808th Pokemon.  :thinks: so I really think they planned this, just didn't expect for it to be datamine that quickly.

I still think it looks like a mix between castform and unown xD or that klinklong pokemon.. im not even sure thats the right name xD

Ploep said:
I still think it looks like a mix between castform and unown xD or that klinklong pokemon.. im not even sure thats the right name xD

It's actually Klinklang! You're just need to replace the "O" xD

It was kind of weird when I first saw it; the whole "it's a placeholder" meme exploded everywhere (Serebii or Joe remained firm on his stance that it was a real Pokemon, someone even bet their entire YouTube channel to deletion to prove that it was a placeholder), but after seeing it moved around and its unique cry, it's just starting to become adorable. 

I think the fact that it's so simple like, makes it pretty good.

The Nut Pokemon is now live in the Americas, only for a half an hour.

Here's some photos I've posted:

CIcGpTx.png

PVbC8Ax.png

ttDmivb.png

Nut-Chan is officially revealed as Meltan and seems to be a Mythical Pokemon. :wagh:

Official artwork:

pokemon-lets-go-0925-update-169-en.jpg

On Serebii, he was invited to play Pokemon Let's Go on a special event and got the footage from Nintendo/TPCi. You can check out tons of gameplay videos in this link here: https://www.serebii.net/letsgopikachueevee/videos.shtml

Lots of interesting tidbits in the game. I noticed that Pokemon spawn out randomly and even go off the grass. I wonder if the Pokemon actually catches you?

I'll be getting it a few weeks later to buy it as a gift that I can play together with my nephew!

I was also wondering why people buy both editions? Because you can just trade the exclusives right? Or is it because people want to have both Eevee and Pikachu as pet? XD

Blue will you also be getting that pokeball controller?

I'm getting the Pikachu Version.

@"Ploep" People buy both versions as part of the idea to get "every single Pokemon game". That and they want version exclusives without relying on their friends to trade xD

Dang! Lucky for me, @"~ Z ~" is getting the Eevee one xD

New trailer of Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee.

It reveals Meltan's evolution and states that it can only be evolable in Pokemon GO (by catching 400 Meltan candies...). Guess it;s time to whip out the good ol' Pokemon Go for the first time..... xD

Back
Top Bottom