Not open for further replies.

ShineCero

The Strongest
ADMINISTRATOR
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon: Heart of the Champion

Premise

Pokémon: Heart of the Champion is a simple, straight-forward adventure RP based on the Pokémon franchise. It centers around three friends with different viewpoints that embark their journey throughout the Kanto region. They will go through many hurdles that test their bonds with their Pokémon and each other, while encountering dangerous foes that gets in your way of becoming Champion. How would this journey have an impact on their views of the world and each other?

Quick Information
  • Only 151 of the Kanto Pokémon (with exception) are catchable in this story. All Eevee Evolutions, Pre-Evolutions and Cross Evolutions are included.
  • Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves are available. They will be addressed in the story proper.
  • Pokémon Eggs are available. Professor Oak will give you one Pokémon egg after the fourth gym badge—they can be any Pokémon aside from legendaries.
  • Legendaries are not catchable.
  • Your starters will be fully evolved throughout the journey. For all other Pokémon, it is up to you to evolve them.
  • You can nickname your Pokémon.
Introduction

"Hello there! Welcome to the world of Pokémon! My name is Oak! People call me the Pokémon Professor! This world is inhabited by creatures called Pokémon! For some people, Pokémon are pets. Other, known as Pokémon Trainers, use them for fights in a highly competitive sport called Pokémon Battles! Trainers all over the Kanto region come together to join the Pokémon League and become the next Champion of Kanto! Me? Well, I study Pokémon as a profession to understand the complexity of the relationship between Humans and Pokémon. Right, you are now at the age to become Pokémon Trainers… meaning you can go out the world and explore the Kanto region to the fullest.  You and your two friends is about to embark on a life-changing journey. A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits! Let’s go!”

It was another, average quiet morning in the small countryside of Pallet Town. A flock of Pidgey soared the air for their daily flight; the small group of Goldeen are leaping in and out of the small pond near the town. A pack of Rattata hunted in the small grass for any potential foods or leftovers scraps that people often leave behind. There was a man fixing on the main welcome sign of the city since it was often vandalized by children. He wiped the sweat off his temple as a young lady walked next to him with a cup of lemonade and towel.

A middle-aged woman was sitting a tree stump near her home, sketching out the scenery of the town. She always draws something different every day, whatever catches her eye, she notched it down. She dig out of her pocket, pulling out her watch to figured out the time. “He should be coming home later on tonight; I’ll make him my special pancakes for his hard work.”

It was a typical morning for the people and Pokémon of Pallet town, doing their rounds and activities at the start of the day until dawn, before heading home to rest. But for the next three trainers, this morning marks a brand-new beginning that will change their lives.

----------

A young boy was looking at the mirror, trying to figure out his attire to wear. “Yeah, this should do it. Now I just need my gloves.” Brown, a young boy who just turned 14, said. He looked around the room, trying to find his gloves. “Hey Dad! Have you seen my gloves?”

“They’re downstairs, Brown! Come on and hurrying it up. You don’t want to keep your friends and Professor Oak to hold on any longer, do you?” Brown’s Father said in a firm, but calm manner.

“Right…” Brown responded. He checked the mirror once more, before heading downstairs. His father was sitting down, packing all the items in a small bag. He left the gloves out on the table for Brown.

“You look like a strong young man.” His father praised. “It was only yesterday that you’re a small little one, but now, you’re off to your Pokémon journey.”

Brown smiled, feeling a bit flustered. “Yeah… so you got all my stuff in? You didn’t have to do that.” He puts on his finger-less gloves on.

“No, no. I wanted to do this.” His father smiled. “You’ll be gone a long time. So, I wanted to help you one last time before you go.” He hold the bag for Brown and made a sign for a hug.

“Thanks, Dad.” Brown grabbed his backpack and hug his father tightly. “I’ll make sure to call, alright?”

“No worries son. Now, your friends and Professor Oak is waiting for you.”

Brown nodded. “Later, Dad.” He walked outside.

Tan was finishing up her waffles and orange juice. She felt her mother grab her cheek to clean off some extra syrup caught on her lip before smiling towards her daughter.

"Looks like today is your big day, Tan," Tan's mother giggled. "but you can't leave looking like that."

"Mooooom..!" Tan grumbled. "Oooh, you worry too much. I've been waiting forever for this day! I even studied on all the Pokemon types and watched all the newest battles from the Indigo League!"

"I know sweetie, but you aren't in their shoes. You're just a rookie and all rookies start off the same."

"Aww, I know. But I know that Brown and Juni are just as excited as I am. I bet the three of us together are unstoppable!"

"Possibly, but remember, all three of you have your own unique skills. Never put yourself above the others, Tan, you never know when their skills will come up to help you."

"Yeah, you're right mom."

Tan placed the dish in the sink and ran to the dining table, putting on her pink and black hat and her trainer's belt. Her eyes then trailed back to her mom and her concerned smile before running up to her and giving her a hug. The two laughed before Tan's mother handed her daughter her backpack.

"I put some extra snacks in your backpack, make sure to share with the others. Just remember to be careful and never push your Pokemon too hard, honey."

"Alright, Mom." Tan childishly rolled her eyes at her mother. "I'll be careful."

Tan's mother kissed her daughter's cheek before watching her enthusiastic Tan run off with her backpack through the door. She shook her head as she could only imagine what her child could do in the world of Pokemon. Tan, already outside, was rushing over to Brown's house, fixing her jacket slightly as she hurried.

"Are you ready to go, dear?" Juniper's mother called from the living room as she entered the kitchen. 

"Almost..."

Juniper was sitting at the table eating eggs and fruit sandwiches her mother made, while a Clefable was helping water the windowsill plants. She noticed the time and in a hurry, shoved the remainder of her eggs into her mouth. "I just need to get my shoes and... my bag! Where is it!?"

Her mother gave her a sigh and a smile before holding up her Sentret backpack. "You left it on the couch. Goodness, you'll probably forget your head if it weren't screwed on your shoulders," she teased. Juni pouted.

"N-no I wouldn't! I'm just nervous about today is all... and I won't have you and Pops around all the time anymore for a while."

"But you won't be alone! You've got your friends by your side and you'll make plenty of new ones when you travel! That's the beauty of being a Trainer." Her mother booped her on the nose before taking Juni's plate to the sink for her. "Who said it would be easy anyhow? The bruises and scrapes we get are just part of life, and all you need to do is to get back up. Now go and get your things, we wouldn't want to keep your friends waiting on you!"

"I know..." Juniper cleared off the table and did one last once-over before putting on her hat and put on her brown topsider boots. She checked that everything she needed was in her backpack. "And three fruit sandwiches for the trip." She made her way to the door and looked over her shoulder hesitantly at her mom, who hugged her one last time with a forehead kiss.

"Write me lots of letters, okay? Why don't you have Clefable walk you kids over one last time, too? She'll miss chasing you around town, you know."

Juni giggled softly as her mother's Clefable followed close behind. "Sure thing. Let's get going then!" She hopped off the front porch and made a sprint for the neighbors' house. "Bye mom!" She waved as she ran.

Brown covered his eyes after exiting his house. “Man, the sun is really bright today. I wonder that’s the sign…” He turned his head slightly to the right, seeing Tan rushing to him. “Hey now, don’t try to trip.” He made a light joke based on her trying to fix her jacket while running. 

Behind her, he saw a giant pink Pokémon near a smaller young girl, instantly knew their identities. “Juniper and Clefable as well…” 

“You guys are up super early. I thought I’ll be the one to sleep in today.” Brown laughed.

"Heya Brown!" Tan said while she continued to struggle to put on her jacket. "How can you sleep in on such an important day like this?!"

Tan realized she put her jacket on backward and grumbled to herself as she began to put it on as it should be worn. She noticed Juniper and Clefable walking towards them and gave the two a wave. 

"Hey, Juni! Looks like Clefable wants to stick with you a bit longer, huh?" Tan giggled, finally putting her jacket on properly. "I bet she's just as excited to see you get your first Pokemon as you are! Oh, what are we waiting for! We should get going or else we're going to be late!"

"Pippi!" Clefable chirped her greetings with a wave in return.

"G'Morning! You know how she is... she's basically another mom," Juni laughed in response to Tan. "I always sleep in, so I set 4 alarms to make sure I wouldn't be rolling out of bed last-minute. If we get our Pokemon early, we can probably make it to Pewter City before nightfall! That forest gets a little creepy at night, I hear..."

Brown sweated a bit at Tan’s hyperactive nature. “You’re right. Sleeping in a day like this…” He clenched his hand, balling it into a fist and ump the air once. “Yeah! Let’s not waste any time and get our Pokémon! That way, we don’t have to worry too much about the nightfall. Hope you guys packed some extra garments.” He joked.  

He couldn’t barely hold his excitement of getting to Professor Oak’s lab quickly. “Let’s go!” Brown dashed off towards the Pokémon Laboratory, leading the others to follow him.

The middle-aged woman was watching the three children and the Clefable expressing such positivity and excitement. She pulled out a sketchbook, drawing them carefully to match the scenery. “The beauty of Youth always gives me blissful happiness.”

----------

In the Pokémon Laboratory, Professor Oak was looking through a microscope to examine a strange material. “Interesting. Willow really does give me some interesting items throughout his adventures.”

“Professor, today is the day that marks three children to become Pokémon Trainers.” An assistant approached him. She had red hair, a white coat and wearing thick glasses. “I have prepared the Pokéballs for them.”

Oak turned to face the young assistant. “Ah yes. Today is the day.” He smiled. “Brown, Tan and Juniper…” He paused for a moment, looking back at the strange material he was examining before turning to the assistant. “Alright, let’s tidy this place up a bit before they arrived.”

"Yeah, we should get going."

Tan fixed her hat and dashed off after Brown, waving to Juniper to follow after them. She was obviously excited to see which Pokemon would be her starter and couldn't wait to get on with her adventure. 

"C'mon Juni, we're gonna be late!"

Tan, clearly having a bit of a race with Brown, tried to reach the Lab before he did. She barely made it before him and opened the door in a hurry, tripping over her own feet in the process. She groaned slightly, cheeks red from embarrassment. The girl rose to her feet, rubbing her head and dusting herself off.

That was embarrassing... I should take it down a notch. 

"We're here, Professor!"

Juniper was the last of the three to make it since she wasn't a very good runner.

"You guys... are too fast... y'know?..." She stopped at the entrance to catch her breath and rubbed the muscle of her aching legs.

"Pippi," Clefable chirped and rubbed Juniper's head, sounding like she was trying to console her for her lack of athletic ability. "Pip!"

"Thanks, Clefable..." Juni stood up straight. "Morning, Professor Oak," She greeted politely.

“Man, you sure ran fast Tan.” Brown was slouching trying to keep up with Tan. He wiped the sweat off his temple upon entering the laboratory. “Hey Professor…” 

“You kids are sure hyper today.” Oak gave out a heartily laugh. “Good morning to you Juniper. Looks like Clefable still watching over you, eh? You know what they say, a mother knows best.” Oak gently rubbed Clefable’s head. 

Professor Oak looked at each of them, examining their overall appearance “You guys look like bona fide trainers.” He had a gentle smile on his face as his eyes glittered.

“You’re okay, Oak?” Brown asked.

”Rest assure, Brown. I’m not just okay. I’m excited to see young trainers with such determination in their eyes. You guys remain me of my youth.” He looked at the ceiling. “Oh, how Agatha was quite a handful back in my day…” He shook his head. “Well, never mind the past… I’m sure you’re just eager to get your first Pokémon, eh?”

"Totally! I already know who I want too! ...But I'll let Juni pick first! I bet Clefable would love to see the newest addition to the family. Besides, I want Juni to get a head start too!"

Tan nodded to herself as she stood next to Juni and put her hand on her shoulder. She gave the girl a smile. She was still patient enough to wait for Professor Oak to show them their first partners and despite her overexcitement, she was still able to keep her manners. This was just a day she was anticipating all her life. Sh urged Brown to stand next to her as well, to show that the group was ready to listen to anything Professor Oak had to say.

"Pippi!" Clefable cheered, twitching its little wings.

Juni looked over at Tan and smiled modestly. "Aw, shucks you guys... Okay, I'll go first!" She turned to Oak, bouncing in place with excitement. "So who do we have ready to pick from today? I bet they're all super cuuuuute!~"

“Eh? I thought I was going to go first…” Brown crossed his arms. Despite his comments, he wasn’t annoyed or disappointed. Just wanted to go first at choosing his first Pokémon.

“You know the saying goes, Brown. Ladies first!” Oak turned around. “Follow me, my assistant had already prepared your Pokémon.”
Professor Oak led the three of them to another room of the Laboratory. There, there was a table with three Pokéballs on a box with a cushion. Next to the table was the young assistant. Her hair was red-orange; long but curly. She fixed her glasses as everyone entered the room.

“Hello, nice to meet you. My name is Redwood. I’m an intern shadowing Professor Oak.” She did a bow as a greeting for Brown, Tan and Juniper. “Professor Oak told me much about you three.”

“Whoa… such red hair.” Brown took noticed of her curls.

Her hair is so pretty. Tan thought to herself as she followed Professor Oak. 

"It's nice to meet you, Redwood. I bet Professor Oak told you that I'm going to be the next Pokemon sensation! I'm going to see every Pokemon out there! All in one huge adventure!" Tan giggled. "And yeah, where are your manners, Brown? Ladies first! Go ahead Juni, I bet you're super excited."

Tan was curious to see the Pokemon they will pick. She had an idea of what the Kanto starters were like, but she was eager to see if she will be able to bond with them. Despite her happy-go-lucky personality, she seemed a bit nervous about being rejected by her partner Pokemon.

What a pretty lady! I wonder what she puts in her hair... Juniper thought.

"Yeah, ladies first!" She stuck her tongue out to tease Brown. "Don't worry, I probably won't pick the one you want anyway by a 77% chance." Juni turned to Redwood. "Nice to meet you too! I'm not sure what I want to do in my Trainer career yet... but I definitely want to explore all kinds of places with my Pokemon!" She said, a bit shy about the fact her mind wasn't very made up yet. Battling seemed fun just like any other kid would find them, but Juni liked watching Sinnohan Contest battles more often than the traditional form.

“Yes, Professor Oak did say that you guys are the liveliest bunch he ever met.” Redwood examined each of them one by one. “And judging by your reactions and excitement, I feel Oak was underestimating such levels. Your trainer career is important, but most don’t have a solid focus until a few years later. Hence why most trainers tackle the league before they figure things out.”

Brown was fascinated about Redwood's hair, especially the way it curves. “You said you were an intern, right? Where are you from? You don’t seem to be from around here.”

“Good eye.” Redwood responded. “I’m from the Unova region. I was lucky to able to shadow Professor Oak—his internship is one of the hardest things to get in due to the high competition from all regions.”

“Yeah! For some reason, I have folks from all over trying to be my intern. It’s quite tiresome for this old coot!” Oak laughed.

She turned to Oak for a second, letting a small smirk before continuing. “Anyways, Professor Oak decided that I’ll be the one that will give you some information and starter Pokémon for your journey.” 

Redwood walked over towards the table and focused her attention on Juniper. “You’re the first one up, right? Come and pick your starter. You have an option of picking three different types of Pokémon: Bulbasaur, a grass-type Pokémon. Charmander, a fire-type Pokémon; and Squirtle, a water-type Pokémon.” Each Pokéball has a symbol near the release button that represent each Pokemon's type: a leafy symbol, a flame symbol and a water drop symbol.

Brown listened to her explanation. “The Kanto Starters… they’re trainers’ first Pokémon before their journey. They will be the factor of one’s team, so they have to chose wisely, especially when entering the Pokémon league.” He was in deep thought. He turned to Juniper, waiting to see what she would choose.

"Whoa, this is it... We finally get our starters! H-Heh, I just can't wait. I've been waiting for such a long time for this!"

Tan stood behind Juniper, waiting eagerly to pick out her first Pokemon, her first partner, after waiting so many years. She has a little experience being around Pokemon, particularly the few that roam Pallet Town, occasionally helping out a few with food scraps. However, this was different, she was going to own and take care for an actual Pokemon not found in Pallet Town, however, she did study a bit on what each type likes and dislikes.

"Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle... I wonder who Juni will pick?" Tan scratched her chin. "Either way, I bet Juni and her new partner will get along great!"

"Let's see..." Juniper approached the table and closely examined the three pokeballs, thinking over each type carefully. Charmander certainly wouldn't be a good fit judging by how they were typically hyperactive kinds of Pokemon and Juni was more laidback and timid in comparison. Fire type isn't for me. She thought with a slight shake of her head.

She stepped away from the Charmander's Pokeball and shifted her gaze between Bulbasaur and Squirtle's. Both were also very cute from what she's seen of them, but which type spoke to her more? It looked like she was staring off at nothing, but she was intensely mulling things over in her own mind. After a few moments passed, she smiled and pointed at the water-type PokeBall.

"I pick Squirtle!" Juni declared confidently. "I'll wait to let it out until you guys pick yours," she said as she took the pokeball gently into her hands.

“Looks like you thought this through.” Redwood commented on Juniper’s examination of the starters. “Squirtle, in terms of training, isn’t too difficult, but isn’t easy either.” She looks at both Brown and Tan. “Ready to pick your Pokémon?”

“I’ll go…” Brown examined the two remaining Pokéballs for his choice. Bulbasaur is well rounded and have a lot of defensive moves. Charmander is more of an offense variety, and if raised well, can potentially become a powerful ally. “I made my decision. I choose Charmander.” He pointed at the fire-symbol Pokéball.

“Charmander… they are the most difficult to train compared to the other starters. They often have a rebellious stage once they evolved.” Redwood commented. 

“No worries, it won’t be a problem…” Brown said with confidence.

“Well, that leaves Bulbasaur to you, Tan. “ Redwood said. “Take your Pokémon.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom