Pokémon: Heart of the Champion

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Man, you sure ran fast Tan.” Brown was slouching trying to keep up with Tan. He wiped the sweat off his temple upon entering the laboratory. “Hey Professor…” 

“You kids are sure hyper today.” Oak gave out a heartily laugh. “Good morning to you Juniper. Looks like Clefable still watching over you, eh? You know what they say, a mother knows best.” Oak gently rubbed Clefable’s head. 

Professor Oak looked at each of them, examining their overall appearance “You guys look like bona fide trainers.” He had a gentle smile on his face as his eyes glittered.

“You’re okay, Oak?” Brown asked.

”Rest assure, Brown. I’m not just okay. I’m excited to see young trainers with such determination in their eyes. You guys remain me of my youth.” He looked at the ceiling. “Oh, how Agatha was quite a handful back in my day…” He shook his head. “Well, never mind the past… I’m sure you’re just eager to get your first Pokémon, eh?”

"Totally! I already know who I want too! ...But I'll let Juni pick first! I bet Clefable would love to see the newest addition to the family. Besides, I want Juni to get a head start too!"

Tan nodded to herself as she stood next to Juni and put her hand on her shoulder. She gave the girl a smile. She was still patient enough to wait for Professor Oak to show them their first partners and despite her overexcitement, she was still able to keep her manners. This was just a day she was anticipating all her life. Sh urged Brown to stand next to her as well, to show that the group was ready to listen to anything Professor Oak had to say.

"Pippi!" Clefable cheered, twitching its little wings.

Juni looked over at Tan and smiled modestly. "Aw, shucks you guys... Okay, I'll go first!" She turned to Oak, bouncing in place with excitement. "So who do we have ready to pick from today? I bet they're all super cuuuuute!~"

“Eh? I thought I was going to go first…” Brown crossed his arms. Despite his comments, he wasn’t annoyed or disappointed. Just wanted to go first at choosing his first Pokémon.

“You know the saying goes, Brown. Ladies first!” Oak turned around. “Follow me, my assistant had already prepared your Pokémon.”
Professor Oak led the three of them to another room of the Laboratory. There, there was a table with three Pokéballs on a box with a cushion. Next to the table was the young assistant. Her hair was red-orange; long but curly. She fixed her glasses as everyone entered the room.

“Hello, nice to meet you. My name is Redwood. I’m an intern shadowing Professor Oak.” She did a bow as a greeting for Brown, Tan and Juniper. “Professor Oak told me much about you three.”

“Whoa… such red hair.” Brown took noticed of her curls.

Her hair is so pretty. Tan thought to herself as she followed Professor Oak. 

"It's nice to meet you, Redwood. I bet Professor Oak told you that I'm going to be the next Pokemon sensation! I'm going to see every Pokemon out there! All in one huge adventure!" Tan giggled. "And yeah, where are your manners, Brown? Ladies first! Go ahead Juni, I bet you're super excited."

Tan was curious to see the Pokemon they will pick. She had an idea of what the Kanto starters were like, but she was eager to see if she will be able to bond with them. Despite her happy-go-lucky personality, she seemed a bit nervous about being rejected by her partner Pokemon.

What a pretty lady! I wonder what she puts in her hair... Juniper thought.

"Yeah, ladies first!" She stuck her tongue out to tease Brown. "Don't worry, I probably won't pick the one you want anyway by a 77% chance." Juni turned to Redwood. "Nice to meet you too! I'm not sure what I want to do in my Trainer career yet... but I definitely want to explore all kinds of places with my Pokemon!" She said, a bit shy about the fact her mind wasn't very made up yet. Battling seemed fun just like any other kid would find them, but Juni liked watching Sinnohan Contest battles more often than the traditional form.

“Yes, Professor Oak did say that you guys are the liveliest bunch he ever met.” Redwood examined each of them one by one. “And judging by your reactions and excitement, I feel Oak was underestimating such levels. Your trainer career is important, but most don’t have a solid focus until a few years later. Hence why most trainers tackle the league before they figure things out.”

Brown was fascinated about Redwood's hair, especially the way it curves. “You said you were an intern, right? Where are you from? You don’t seem to be from around here.”

“Good eye.” Redwood responded. “I’m from the Unova region. I was lucky to able to shadow Professor Oak—his internship is one of the hardest things to get in due to the high competition from all regions.”

“Yeah! For some reason, I have folks from all over trying to be my intern. It’s quite tiresome for this old coot!” Oak laughed.

She turned to Oak for a second, letting a small smirk before continuing. “Anyways, Professor Oak decided that I’ll be the one that will give you some information and starter Pokémon for your journey.” 

Redwood walked over towards the table and focused her attention on Juniper. “You’re the first one up, right? Come and pick your starter. You have an option of picking three different types of Pokémon: Bulbasaur, a grass-type Pokémon. Charmander, a fire-type Pokémon; and Squirtle, a water-type Pokémon.” Each Pokéball has a symbol near the release button that represent each Pokemon's type: a leafy symbol, a flame symbol and a water drop symbol.

Brown listened to her explanation. “The Kanto Starters… they’re trainers’ first Pokémon before their journey. They will be the factor of one’s team, so they have to chose wisely, especially when entering the Pokémon league.” He was in deep thought. He turned to Juniper, waiting to see what she would choose.

"Whoa, this is it... We finally get our starters! H-Heh, I just can't wait. I've been waiting for such a long time for this!"

Tan stood behind Juniper, waiting eagerly to pick out her first Pokemon, her first partner, after waiting so many years. She has a little experience being around Pokemon, particularly the few that roam Pallet Town, occasionally helping out a few with food scraps. However, this was different, she was going to own and take care for an actual Pokemon not found in Pallet Town, however, she did study a bit on what each type likes and dislikes.

"Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle... I wonder who Juni will pick?" Tan scratched her chin. "Either way, I bet Juni and her new partner will get along great!"

"Let's see..." Juniper approached the table and closely examined the three pokeballs, thinking over each type carefully. Charmander certainly wouldn't be a good fit judging by how they were typically hyperactive kinds of Pokemon and Juni was more laidback and timid in comparison. Fire type isn't for me. She thought with a slight shake of her head.

She stepped away from the Charmander's Pokeball and shifted her gaze between Bulbasaur and Squirtle's. Both were also very cute from what she's seen of them, but which type spoke to her more? It looked like she was staring off at nothing, but she was intensely mulling things over in her own mind. After a few moments passed, she smiled and pointed at the water-type PokeBall.

"I pick Squirtle!" Juni declared confidently. "I'll wait to let it out until you guys pick yours," she said as she took the pokeball gently into her hands.

“Looks like you thought this through.” Redwood commented on Juniper’s examination of the starters. “Squirtle, in terms of training, isn’t too difficult, but isn’t easy either.” She looks at both Brown and Tan. “Ready to pick your Pokémon?”

“I’ll go…” Brown examined the two remaining Pokéballs for his choice. Bulbasaur is well rounded and have a lot of defensive moves. Charmander is more of an offense variety, and if raised well, can potentially become a powerful ally. “I made my decision. I choose Charmander.” He pointed at the fire-symbol Pokéball.

“Charmander… they are the most difficult to train compared to the other starters. They often have a rebellious stage once they evolved.” Redwood commented. 

“No worries, it won’t be a problem…” Brown said with confidence.

“Well, that leaves Bulbasaur to you, Tan. “ Redwood said. “Take your Pokémon.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom