Pokémon: Festival of Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoe stared at her card and seemed to let out a small sigh of relief knowing that it was high in the 90s. She assumed that she might be one of the last ones called so she seemed to take it a little easy. She was still eager to battle but she hoped that she didn't fight anyone who was too aggressive. However, when Mika mentioned that they are going to weed them out, she instantly started to doubt herself. She looked up at Blu, worried.

"Oh man... we gotta be at the top 20 rounds, Blu. Do you think we stand a chance?" Zoe whispered, looking at the other, more powerful trainers. "There are a lot of more...experienced trainers."

"Blu..." The Swablu gently pecked at Zoe's forehead. "Blu!"

"Huh, I shouldn't be scared because you got my back?"

"Blu~" Swablu ruffled her fluffy feathers.

"Well, we should definitely try our absolute best. I'm sure we can do it, Blu."

"Let's sweep the tournament and cuddle Panda..." Dogma says asleep, earning some laughs nearby. -u-

Yoshi holds him up, paying attention. ouo

"Damn, mine is in the 30s so I might be goong first.... and to top it off, it might be random matchups..." Pandaria groans under her breath.

What a nuisance... oh well, there's nothing I can do about it.

"Oh well. At least that means I don't get time to get nervous over it. Haha."

"As you know, you can only chose three Pokemon for your team! Of course, there's tons of Nurse Joy, so if your Pokemon need some healin' check'em out!" Mika said. "Now.. time for the board to be randomize!"

An board appeared from above, coming down towards the arena. From there, it'd showcase all the numbers within their respective sections. From there, it'd started randomized all the across the board for a few moments. The board had stopped the shuffling and reveal all the numbers that will be fighting each other. It seems that it doesn't showcase the trainers' identity, in order to bring in the surprise. 

Brown looked up, seeing upon the board in his section. "Looks like I'm fighting someone that has number 34. I'm pump! I wonder which numbers my new friends are up against?" Brown wondered.

Zoe checked the board and noticed her number appear. She didn't exactly want to be one of the first to fight but she didn't have much of a choice. She looked up at her Swablu who ruffled her fluffy feathers with confidence.

"Well.. let's give it our absolute best, Blu!" Zoe said while holding her ticket. "I'm sure that we will learn a lot from this battle!"

"Damn, I'm first. Me and my big mouth..." Pandaria said under her breath. "Well! Time to kick everyone's butt so I can go on a date with Dogma." o3o "Hopefully my team's okay with going first."

"I'm fighting a...Panda? Easy first match! Let's do this!" a man yells from the crowd before heading towards the field.

"It seems I could go at any time. Be ready, Yoshi. Chester the Emo Cheetah might be in our division." Dogma points out, rubbing his eyes.

Dragonite adjusts his bowties. ouo

"Yay! I'm going first! I can show everyone how awesome my team is!" Ariel hurried down the stands in Brown's section. "Maybe I'll go against a cute boy~!"

===========

"Easy? Heehee, we'll see! Good luck, buddy." Pandaria stood on her end of the field and stretched her arms. "Alright! You're going up first, Usami!"

She threw her Pokeball and sent out her Azumarill, who bounced onto the field. "Squee!" Usami seemed happy to be leading the match, bouncing on her feet excitedly.

The trainers looked to the screen for their respective battles. Each will entered a field that are designed to have different environment. Some can be used as an advantage for their Pokémon or can be seen as a disadvantage. Thanks to the sheer popularity, the Festival's size is quite enormous amount in comparison of a League; can easily houses several hundred thousands persons. 

"Hmph! Looks like I'm fighting some little girl. Should be a piece of cake.." The man said. He walked towards his field, in his match-up against Zoe. "Hope I don't make her cry! Hahaha!" 

============

"Alright.. let's get this battle up and running." Brown jumped off of his seat and ran towards the field. He's exceptionally pumped for this battle.

Zoe stared at arena and noticed the guy she had to fight. She got nervous but her Swablu comforted her for the most part. Zoe nodded to her fluffy Pokemon and ran into the stage, ready for a battle. She seemed to be confident about her abilities.

"Alright, let's show everyone what we got!"

============

"Looks like I'm fighting someone who looks experienced." Karl said to himself. "I guess I should watch out for any tricks this Dogma man might play. I might learn a thing or two from him."

Karl walked on to the stage and fixed his glasses. He seemed relaxed for the most part and overall, ready to have a nice battle.

"I guess I have an opponent. Let's go, Yoshi." Dogma says, walking into the ring.

He takes the bowtie off and waves him in.

Dragonite steps in, ready to go. ò3ó

Harris takes his spot and sends out his first Pokemon, Cacturne.

"Grass beats water, brah! This match is as easy as mine!" he taunts.

"Hope you're ready to get slammed!" Ariel said confidently. "Don't get too upset if you lose, though~" she threw out her pokeball. "Let's go, Lacey!"

From her pokeball came Braixen, landing on her feet with ease. The Pokemon seemed excited to begin.
===============

"Aqua Jet around it, Usami." Pandaria ordered, not bothering with a rebuttal for him. "He's taking you lightly."

"Zu!" Azumarill pumped herself up before beginning to move in zigzag directions around the Cacturne, using the momentum of the water to touch the floor and increase its own speed. "Zu!" One spot she would appear, but leave it the next. 

If he thinks typing will hand the win over to him, he's dead wrong.

"Heh!" Brown grabbed his Ultra Ball. "You're a cocky one huh? That just makes me even more pump! Alright, Atmos! Let's give it our al-" Before Brown can even send out his "Atmos", a line of energy appeared out of Brown's other Pokéball. As it lands on the arena, an Infernape appeared on the stage, letting out a roar. He'd jumped around back and forth, throwing out punches in the air, then look at Braxien. He gave her a thumbs down, signaling that he'll make this battle easy. 

"B-Blare!? I didn't call you out here yet!" Brown sweated a bit.

"Hmph!" Blare gave out a smirk, suggesting that he'll make quick work out the entire tournament with just him. He turns to Braxien, readied to battle. Brown sigh, but gave out a smile for his enthusiasm; cocky, but he has good sportmanship. 

"Alright, Blare! Let's show them what we got!" 

Blare flexed it's muscle. 

==============================

"Alright kid, time for you to get stomped! Charmeleon! Let's go!!" Axel said. 

Charmeleon landed on the floor. "Rawr!"

"Pleasure to meet you, Dogma." Karl smiled. "I hope we both put forth all our effort. May the best trainer win!"

Karl sent out a Diggersby. The large rabbit landed on the floor and pounded his arm-like ears. It seemed he was ready for battle. Karl seemed to make the first move.

"Alright Diggersby, Use rock slide!" The rabbit let out a roar before tossing an avalanche of rocks to Dragonite. 

==============

Zoe stared at the Charmeleon and shivered by how intimidating it looked. She nodded to Swablu who entered the ring. The fluffy bird was eager to fight.

"Alright Blu'! Let's use Peck!"

Swablu obeyed and flew at Charmeleon with a glowing beak.

"Extremespeed." Dogma says calmly.

Dragonite steps left and disappears to come from Diggersby's right side and clothesline it. ò3ó

"Stop that rabbit in its tracks! Spikes!" Harris yells.

Cacturne releases glowing spikes all around the arena.

"Let's see how fast you move now!"

"Close in..." Pandaria began.

"Zu!" Usami appeared in front of the Cacturne with a gleam in her eyes, arms curled back to deal damage.

"Now Ice Punch." The water rabbit proceeded to deal out its attack with ice covered fists.
==========

"Hm? You sent your fire type out first?" Ariel cocked an eyebrow. "Well, that's alright! Lacey, don't waste time! Psychic!"

"Braixen!" Lacey's eyes glowed blue as did her twig wand, waving it in intricate patterns.

"Blare! Don't let her get the chance to attack! Mach punch!" Brown said.

"Infern!" Blare's fist began to glow as it stomped it left leg onto the ground. Instantly, his body zipped across the arena, about to throw the punch directly at Braixen. 

==============================

"Peck!? You can go better than that, kid! Charmeleon countered it with Dragon Claw!" Axel shouted.

Eenergy formed around Charmeleon's left hand expressed a green-like color that took the shaped of a actual claw, and slammed it onto the peck coing towards him.

The Diggersby took the E-Speed from the Dragonite and he skidded back, holding himself steady with his ears. The Diggersby seemed to have taken heavy damage but he was still able to battle.

"Nice job tanking it, Diggersby! Alright, use Quick Attack!" Karl ordered. He seemed to be truly enjoying his battle with Dogma. 

"Digg!" The rabbit stomped on the floor before rushing at Dragonite at quick speeds. He aimed to inflict heavy damage on Dragonite.

=============

The Swablu rushed at the Charmeleon and attempted to peck it but was hit hard by the Dragon Claw. Swablu flew back and shook off the pain, giving Zoe a nod to show that she's okay. Zoe nodded back to Swablu and she pointed at the Charmeleon.

"Okay Swablu, use Fury Swipes!"

The little bird flew at the lizard with its tiny claws lighting up, ready to swipe at the reptile.

"Dragon Claw." Dogma orders.

Dragonite catches Diggersby when it slams into him. He winces and slams his claw down.

Cacturne flies back and lands on its back. It slowly and shakily gets up.

"Good job! Needle Arm!" Harris orders.

Cacturne slowly makes its way over, arm glowing green.

"Usami, freeze the ground. If you can't move out of the way, tank it." Pandaria orders. With the water puddles left by the Aqua Jet, she figured she could turn the field into an ice rink.

"Zu!" Azumarill slams the ground with another ice covered fist, freezing the puddles left over before getting into a defensive stance should Cacturne get too close. Her brows were furrowed in determination.

========

The Braixen blinked, surprised Infernape could move that quickly. 

"Lacie, don't just stand there! Blast it before it hits you!" Ariel demands.

"Braixeeen!" She waved the stick around to cast the rings of Psychic energy towards Infernape before the punch connected, sending her flying back and hitting the ground with a whine. Lacie rubbed her head in pain before staggering back up.

"Good! Get ready to pick up your speed and hit it again!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom