Pokémon: Festival of Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I don't know who misplaced your shampoo to put you in such a mood, but you ought to be at least a little more well-mannered." Pandaria retorted, putting her hands on her hips, looking Tobias up and down. "And at least have a better taste in fashion..." she muttered under her breath. 

But then she straightened her shoulders out to broaden her torso. "Whatever! I was expecting a few here to be uptight anyway. Notjing to harsh my mellow over. Sweet, Yoshi, you got pizza?" She took one of the boxes he held and ruffled Zoey's hair to try and lighten the mood. Pandaria was rather annoyed by Tobias' rudeness, but she just brushed it aside. I'll rinse that lame hair dye of his out soon enough at any rate. 

Zoe seemed to suddenly drop in spirit and get sad at Tobias's comments. Her lower lip trembled and it looked as if she was going to cry. Blu flew in front of Zoe and tried to cheer her up by tickling her face with her fluffy feathers. Zoe seemed very down and embarrassed. She thought that if she was nice then she would get over her shyness. Sadly, as soon as she attempted to overcome her shyness, she was quickly tumbled down.

"I-I'm sorry..." She whimpered very softly.

"Thanks.." Browns said, continue to dust himself. He was quite worrying when Tobias' response to Zoe. 

Tobias' eyes shifted to that of Pandaria and Dogma. "Sorry, if I was speaking you lots directly, I would've. Since I wasn't, I simply don't care what a bunch of rejects have to say. Although, judging from your quick responses, it's letting me know that you're nothing special. So I suggest you both keep your trap shut unless spoken too. Understand?" Tobias seen an Dragonite showing up with pizzas. He examined for a bit, but he then turned by his face towards Zoe. "Don't care about your apologies either, come back when you're actually worth a damn." 

"Hey man, that's enough. You don't know her." Brown said. 

"Of course I don't, but judging how they react? They're nothing to walk home about." Tobias turned and starts walking away. "I'm going to enjoy crushing you out of this festival, Brown. Maybe your little friends, too, if you lots actually made in within the final founds.."

"Are you still talking? I thought I made it clear I don't associate with weaklings." Dogma says, walking up to Zoe.

"Don't worry about him. Guys like him tend to act that way to try and intimidate stronger opponents so they don't have to battle them. Have some pizza with the rest of us. My treat."

He walks over to Dragonite, nuzzles Pandaria on the cheek and places the pizza on a bench. He rubs Yoshi's stomach and returns the happy Pokemon.

"Well, you're partly right." Pandaria pointed out. "When it comes to talking big and underestimating everyone, you have to put your money where your mouth is! We'll see soon enough if it was just empty words." She said, biting into a slice. "Any battle shouldn't start with underestimating an opponent. Nothing's set in stone either at places like these. Strategy comes on the spot with things like this. If you let people like that get to you, it shows in your performance." 

Then she puffed out her cheeks at Dogma. "Make sure Yoshi takes off his ribbon before battling. I only have that one for him."

Tobias simply waved his hand in the air after Dogma's comment. "I'll re-consider your existence to be worth value something in the battle. Until then, your drivel nonsense spew from your mouth is nothing more than that." He continue to walk. It seems that he was heading to A section." 

Brown sweated a bit. "That guy, always trying to start a fight with someone." He turns to Zoey. "Hey, don't start the waterworks. He always try to bring people down and stuff. He's a incredible trainer, although his attitude definitely needs an improvement." 

An announcement was heard from the speakers. 

"The Festival shall begin in a few. Please attend to your assign sectors that represent your letter!"

After hearing everything Tobias had to say, she couldn't help but cry just a bit. She tried to hide it in front of the older kids so she can play the tough girl act. Deep down inside, she was hurt but she was strong enough to try and keep her composure in front of the others. She cleaned up her tears in no time flat and gave all of them a smile. She didn't want to admit that she was sad only because they didn't care about what Tobias said.

"Well.. just forget about that weirdo." She said sheepishly. "We should get to our spots!"

"Man! I was hoping to eat beforehand, but I guess one slice will do. Don't want to get sick in front of all those people." Pandaria sweated nervously. She didn't like so many eyes on her but staying focused on the battle eased her. "L-let's meet back up around here after this then!"

She looked around nervously and took off for section C. The swimmer didn't want to get to her area too late. "Catch you guys later!"

Brown rubbed his head. "Section B.." Brown stared at his tickets and seen Pandaria run off. "A-alright!" Brown turns to Zoey and Dogma. "Shall we get going as well..?"

Dogma nods and heads towards Section D, taking the pizza with him.

"Let's sweep our way to the finals, then meet back for pizza." he says, waving back.

"Right, let's go." Zoe nodded before rushing off to the A-section. She seemed to feel a little better thanks to her Swablu humming on her head. She seemed to curl up when she noticed how many people were in the section. She only hoped that she never saw Tobias again, or worse, face him.

Brown threw a fist pump into the air. "Yeah! Can't wait to see all of you guys in the next round!" He cheerfully said. It seems that Tobias' words didn't pierce him too much, as if it didn't affect him at all. He somehow managed to find the B Section, observing all the strong trainers. "Whoa.. they all look so intense.." 

As he looked around, he noticed that in the middle, there was an giant ring. "I guess that's where we battle, huh?" Brown said in a whisper. 

Suddenly, a cloud of smoke surrounds the middle of the ring within each section. Then, a spark of light flash across the rooms. Brown covered his face with his arms. "Whoa! Too bright!"

"Ah! Is this part of the opening act?! Not cool!" Pandaria shielded her eyes from the burning light after putting her goggles over them. "Couldn’t have picked something less flashy?!"

Dogma is sitting in his section eating pizza.

"I wonder what the fuss is all about?" ouo

He's facing the wrong way. Dragonite is also eating pizza. o3o

Zoe covered her eyes with her hands and Swablu covered her face with her fluffy feathers. The light was too bright for her and her tiny bird Pokemon. She peered through the cracks of her fingers to see what was happening.

"W-What's going on?"

An giant monitor appeared on the middle of the area in all of the sections. What it appears on the screen was the showcase of major Pokemon battles across the world with the national theme song that constantly plays for Pokemon battles. Afterwards, as the screen grows blaack a single woman appeared. She'd had a large afro, with the colors that matched of that a ultra ball. She'd wore sun dress, but had black spats underneath and black sneakers. With a mircophone in her hand, she began to voice her words onto the crowds and the trainers.

"Welcome to the legendary Festival of Kings!!!" she shouted. "I, Mika Hatsu, will be your host for the entirely of the Festival! Trainers from all over the world have gathered in order to see the fruits of their strength! Those who reached number one, will gained the title, Festival King! A title so exclusive that it rivals to that of Champion in terms of glory!" 

"Whoa..! What a lively person." Brown seems to get pumped when she spoke.

Dogma, having killed his pizza by himself, passed out on his Dragonite, who's actually paying attention and hugging him.

"Whoo?" ouo

"She's really... out there, huh?" Zoe said to Blu who only hummed a reply. "I guess having the title of Festival King sure would be nice. What do you think Blu?"

The Swablu nodded its head and ruffled its fluffy feathers atop of Zoe's head. "Blu~!"

"Yeah, totally! I'm gonna try my best, you do too, okay Blu?"

"Blu~!"

"Now, as your fabulous host for this epic and grand festival, I shall explain the detailed of how the process works!" Mika said. "For starters, we gained lots of more interesting trainers (about 100 trainers each section!) this time around. Therefore, we have to split the festivals into four sections..!" Mika praised. "Therefore, with the four sections that are being placed, we will have three different "rounds" - Preliminary Rounds - Advanced Rounds and finally, Festival Finale."

Brown rubbed his chin. "Preliminary rounds, huh?" 

"The Preliminary Round purpose is to, to put in bluntly, is to weed out those who aren't capable into handling this intense tournament!" Mika pointed her finger onto the crowd. "In other words, if you don't make it into the top 20 within the Preliminary Rounds with 100 people.. sorry but the Festival is too much for you!" Mika chuckled, putting her hand onto her mouth. "Then, the top 20 will advanced into the Advanced Round! This where things get.. a little interesting! Sections will be able to fight one another for the spot of the Festival Rounds!" Mika shouted. "Each section at that point will be about 20 persons, which adds about 80 people! However... only 10 people will advanced to the Festival Finale.!" Mika shouted, and did a "fabulous" pose.  "Think you folks got the guts!?" 

Everyone across the festival, shouted in excitement.

"Now, as for your opponent.. the board will randomized the confirmed number you have against another.." Mika said. "If you see your respective number against another, that will be your opponent!" 

Brown looks at his card. "I'm in the 50s. huh? That's alot of people in my section..! Then, it serves the chance to fight Tobias and the new friends. Man, I'm so pump! I hope my friends will have a blast battling." 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom