Overwatch Discussion

ShineCero

The Strongest
ADMINISTRATOR
Pronouns
He/Him
250px-Overwatch_cover_art_%28PC%29.jpg

Overwatch is a multiplayer first-person shooter video game developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment. Unveiled at BlizzCon 2014, the game emphasizes cooperative gameplay using a cast of various "heroes", each with their own abilities and roles within a team. The game entered closed beta in North America and Europe in October 2015, with plans to bring the beta to Asia at a later date. The final closed beta weekend began in April 2016 and primarily served as a stress test for Overwatch's servers, lasting 36 hours.[1] The game was released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One worldwide in May 2016.

========================================

Anyone got this game? :awesome:

I'm gonna wait on it. Its definitely a must have game but with no story mode and it being multiplayer only I'm going to wait for a price drop.

Yeah, it's a pretty cool game. It's definitely based on teamwork for the most part. I don't think it should be 60 dollars though for a game that doesn't have a storymode. I thought that was pretty ridiculous. But, it's all fun and would definitely want to see more potential and maybe more characters in the future.

BUMP.

I personally like this game. I do have some complaints tho'.

I think the game should have a story mode since it's heavy with lure and story already. I don't think they should keep the story out of the game and on their official website or something. I see it as a wasted potential and a cheap way to take 60 bucks. It just reminds me of FNAF. The story is very interesting and really does show the beauty of each character.

Another issue I have is that it's a rather small game to me. Few maps to really play on and you eventually get bored with seeing the same scenery all the time. I think there should be more types of modes like capture the flag, Plant the bomb, hide and seek, and more since each map can be entirely different.

I think that's changing with the introduction of Sombra and new levels to play it. So they are definitely expanding more concept -- and they are free! I wouldn't be surprised if they added a story mode in there one day. :think:

Speaking of that, I hope the new patch comes soon. I really want to try out all these new stuff they have in store for us :wagh:

So I got the game for 20 bucks a few months ago after trading in battleborn. I like it. Just wish it had an actual story like battleborn did. I wanted to unlock everybody in that game but farming story missions without a full party in that game is easily tiresome. In Overwatch the main multiplayer focus is what saved it. Anything an happen during a game. You could lose horribly. you could catch up at the last possible second. My problem with battleborn is simply the fact that NOBODY FREAKING PLAYS IT! Lobbies are never full...ever.
Overwatch has a huge player base and with regular updates and events that are always popping up I can't help but hop on at least 1 time a week. I hope the game lasts a long life cycle. Adding a co-op story would easily increase my love for the game.

(I miss battleborn I really do but it is just no fun without people being able to drop in sessions. I miss its animated cut-scenes and its characters....but I think I made the right choice by getting overwatch)

I guess Overwatch literally killed their "competitor" before it even started lol. Pity that they never got the chance to shine due to the massive popularity of Overwatch.

I heard that a Christmas theme is coming to Overwatch... so hype about the content they'll bring.

inb4 Santa Roadhog or Reinhardt. 

Speaking of Overwatch, I've made an Overwatch Playlist on the BGL Youtube channel.

During skirmishes, I like to be Junkrat and go up to the enemy lobby room and throw bombs while they're still in there trying to get out and attack me.

If that doesn't work, I throw down bear traps and mines before detonating them. They die pretty quick, and when they do, I make Junkrat yell "Have a nice day!"

I feel diabolical but... it feels so good.

[align=center][video=youtube]

It's been stated that the new update will arrived everywhere on 6/20/17.

Happy about the new maps we got from the event + upcoming map

But I'm  :salt: af over the terribad luck we all had where most of us only managed to get 1 event skin and 1020394939 gold plated icons of the hero

Yeah. I really hope they allowed some kind of way of getting those event-exclusive items again in the future, instead of waiting an entire year for them. :think:

For those who don't know already, the Summer Games 2017 event began on August 8, and is anticipated to end on August 29 PST.

Summer Games 2017 Breakdown:
  • The total number of items for this event is 168, featuring 7 new legendary skins (3,000 Credits each). The old Summer Games (2016) skins are able to be purchased for 250 credits (Epics) and 1,000 (old legendaries). To purchase ALL Summer Games content, you need 38,075 credits (good luck with that).
  • Lucioball is back, including a Competitive mode!
  • Redditor-made checklists are available for printing. Link to a clickable checklist is here to track your progress. Use these to see the full list of season items.

Here's this gif to either crush your dreams or motivate you to level up at insane rates to achieve this level of luck

8/10 Developer Update: SOLO/TEAM DEATHMATCH MODE IS COMING TO ARCADE (+ Widowmaker hinted content on the new map)
[video=youtube]

This is a step in the right direction for OW I think in terms of diversifying its content. Now, the next proposal I hope will come to fruition eventually, is including a story mode or campaign-- Personally, I am not involved in competitive scenes whatsoever. I would really enjoy OW a lot more if we got a campaign of some sort. Perhaps not a fullblown game in itself, but maybe campaigns that explore certain parts of the Overwatch world. For example, a campaign where you play as Sombra, a new addition to Talon. Or maybe as Genji or Hanzo. Plenty of FPS games have a Campaign, why not Overwatch? The story as it is currently set up should be flexible to do mini campaigns. Perhaps it could be called Mission Mode?

> Three Legendaries

that feeling that it will never happen to you...

Also, Overwatch Deathmatch? That sounds friggin badass! Can't wait to try it out, along with the Junkrat buffs :maybe:

Blizzard stated that something is new coming up in Gamescon. So watch out for news around that :wagh:

I hope they release a new animated short at the con, people have been asking for a new one (Lucio's english VA hinted at it before in an interview that they make him record random lines of dialogue for something coming up). Or they at least reveal something in terms of game content. OR maybe a new character? ;o

I know there was a recent PTR datamine for Athena announcing the match at Junkertown came out on Tumblr. Jeff confirmed the Chateau Guilliard map in the Death match announcement.

Patch for PS4/Xbone is live

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]New Deathmatch and new deathmatch map(s) are live. Here are the hero updates that went live as well;[/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hero Updates[/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Junkrat[/font]
  • Concussion Mine
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Junkrat can now hold two mines[/font]
  • RIP-Tire
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Tire’s movement speed has been increased by 30% There is no longer a time limit when wall climbing[/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=small]Developer Comments: Giving the Junkrat the ability to store two concussion mines adds some much-needed flexibility and versatility to his kit, particularly when using the mines for mobility. RIP-Tire’s damage has always been very good, but it was often difficult to steer the tire into position before it was destroyed. Increasing its speed will allow players to effectively detonate the tire more often and decrease the amount of time that Junkrat is vulnerable while controlling it.[/font][/size]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Orisa[/font]
  • Fusion Driver
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Projectile speed increased by 20%[/font]
  • Protective Barrier
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Barrier size increase by 20%[/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Barrier shape has been changed to allow for more coverage from enemies that are below the barrier[/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=small]Developer Comments: The projectile speed increase helps Orisa’s consistency, especially at medium ranges (or further). Her barrier size has been increased to better protect her team, and the new shape makes the shield more effective when it’s used on slopes or on top of objects (such as a payload).[/font][/size]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Roadhog[/font]
  • Take a Breather
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Can now be used while moving Damage taken while healing has been reduced by 50%[/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=small]Developer Comments: These changes help Roadhog be much more aggressive when looking for hook targets or blocking for his team. The combination of these effects significantly increases Roadhog’s sustainability and survivability.[/font][/size]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Widowmaker[/font]
  • Grappling Hook
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Cooldown has been reduced from 12 seconds to 8[/font]
  • Venom Mine
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Affected targets are now visible through walls (to you as Widowmaker only)[/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=small]Developer Comments: Widowmaker is extremely powerful in the right hands, but her abilities often felt a little weak. The Grappling Hook cooldown reduction means she is more likely to have it available when she needs to escape. Venom Mine is intended to be an early warning system, uncovering enemies that are attempting to flank her or her team. With this change, she can see enemies when they trigger the mine, even if they’re on the other side of a wall.[/font][/size]

Love the changes, though the two mines thing is taking some getting used to.

I love Deathmatch 1v1, it's my new go-to mode for warming up (I tend to use vs AI easy mode to warm back up or the practice range) because there's no pressure if you lose. You just get right back in! I always end up queueing at least three times before getting a game though, so it must either be really popular or really empty when I decide to hop on XD

Very good mode to practice aiming in general.

Back
Top Bottom