Overwatch Discussion

LoopyPanda said:
Love the changes, though the two mines thing is taking some getting used to.

I love Deathmatch 1v1, it's my new go-to mode for warming up (I tend to use vs AI easy mode to warm back up or the practice range) because there's no pressure if you lose. You just get right back in! I always end up queueing at least three times before getting a game though, so it must either be really popular or really empty when I decide to hop on XD

Very good mode to practice aiming in general.

Man, Junkrat with two mines is probably his best buff yet. Able to knock out squishy that come too close and escape whatever you're in a pickle. Sure, the Rip-Tire being faster is cool and all, but I felt like the mines is definitely a better trade off. 

I also can't wait to try out new Mercy and D.Va as well, so we might get an update with Junkertown next week.

Also, for those who do not own Overwatch, on September 22nd-25th, Overwatch is free.

Junkenstein returns for Halloween Terror 2017!
[video=youtube]
The Halloween Terror 2017 event has gone live since last Tuesday and will stay live until November 1, so be sure to get everything you want before November 1st just to be safe! Arcade Lootboxes will always reset at around 7 p.m. local time every Monday (regardless of when you earned all 3 arcade boxes), so keep it in mind.

This event features last year's event legendary skins at a reduced price, so buy those if you wish for a good deal. New event skins are 3000 G as always.

Here are the new skins for this event (all 3000 credits):
80s Exercise Zarya, Corsair Ana, Jiangshi Mei, Cultist Zenyatta, Viking Torbjorn, Van Helsing McCree, Dragon Symmetra, and Dracula Reaper. (These also have their own icons)
In addition to last year's RIP victory poses, there are now Pumpkin victory poses!

Team Deathmatch and 6v6 have been bumped to allow Endless JR and regular JR to take its place. PVP FFA, 3v3 Lockout, and Mystery Heroes are still available for play. There are some new All Heroes achievement sprays available for the event:
  • THE WITCH: survive 4 bonus rounds of Junkenstein Endless, Expert mode.
  • JUNKENSTEIN'S MONSTER: Win Junkenstein Endless on hard mode with no damage to the door
  • THE REAPER: Win Junkenstein's Revenge on Expert Difficulty.
  • MY CREATIONS: Win Junkenstein Endless with 6 different heroes.
  • THE REAPENING [Poster Spray]: Win JR on Hard mode with no damage to the door.
  • RISE OF THE ZOMNICS: Win JR with 4 different heroes.
  • JUNKENSTEIN'S REVENGE (poster spray): Win JR on hard mode.
  • Pachimari's Halloween Special [poster spray]: Win Junkenstein's Revenge on Legendary difficulty.
https://js41637.github.io/Overwatch-Item-Tracker/#/events/HALLOWEEN

Jesus, it almost feels impossible to get those sprays even at playing hard level. Any good tactics to beat this thing with their flawless aim?  :smoking:

I tried Hard mode and the door broke down about 6 minutes in the game.

For Endless mode, some advise getting a Torb to place the turret on the balcony where the Reaper is, and go Molten Core to destroy Symmetra's shield generator. If you don't, Riptires will be more destructive and everything will be harder to kill.

The bosses are attracted to Turrets, so if you are in Endless, be mindful of using that to your team's advantage. Reaper isn't a problem if you make sure McCree and Ana have their stun and sleep dart ready, he dies easy if everyone groups up to headshot him. Sleep darts and grenades should be ready per boss and especially the Witch.

Soldiers are advised to stay close to Ana seeing as she can't heal herself, and the grenade needs to be uaed more on a Roadhog or multihealing than herself.

I personally consider nearby Zomnics, tires, and Bosses to be my top priority seeing as the former 2 can destroy a door in minutes if in large groups one after the other, the latter can kill you (you can get damage from being near detonating zomnics or Riptures (rip tires can and will one shot you)). Second priority are the long distance zomnics. They aren't problematic up close since they seem sluggish to aim, but at a distance, they can kill you pretty quickly if they are focused on 1 player.

That Halloween mode as fucking dumb on Hard and higher levels. Literally "shit on you" the game.

Am I the only one who thinks the who ultimate thing being instantly used up the moment you press triangle/Q a bit ridiculous? And if you get stun/pinned/hook/etc it completely disappears. 

https://gfycat.com/DistortedPerfumedHusky

McCree's stun grenade is total BS. Did you know it can stop the momentum of D.Va's mech when she self destructs?

And why would physical projectiles disappear upon death AFTER you finish throwing it? It makes zero sense. Some say this is due to the wind-up ultimate animations. If you fail to complete it due to dying, your ult disappears. This animation is first person POV as well, so nobody sees the complete thing in 3rd person.

I wish it didn't drain back to zero, it takes me a long time to actually build ultimates, lol

I did not know that. That should not happen.

I think they change it because OW reddit were bitching left and right of how unfair Genji can still keep his ult after being interrupted. Aside from that, the old system was much, much better.  :smoking:

They need to change it back or at least make it so that projectiles ults don't disappear like that.

Today, Blizzard World and a fuck ton of updates will be out in a few hours. What skins are you guys planning on getting?

Planning on getting Lucio's Capoeira skin, along with Crusader Reinhardt since I play them a lot! But I'm kind of saving up for the CNY event -- hope there's a new Mercy skin coming soon to complement her newest emote!

Sweet!

Speaking of Mercy. Am I the only one who thinks Mercy just looks so damn good in black? The Dynasty Skin is damn near perfection for her.  :goood:

ShineCero said:
Sweet!

Speaking of Mercy. Am I the only one who thinks Mercy just looks so damn good in black? The Dynasty Skin is damn near perfection for her.  :goood:

Ahhh you're not the only one! I LOVE the Seoul Dynasty skins. Black/yellow is a wonderful combo tbh and it's at least not painfully saturated (like Shanghai Dragons........). I also really like the skins for L.A. Gladiators!

I 100% agree, I signed up for the League newsletter JUST so I could get a 2nd skin-- ofc, I spent it on the Seoul Dynasty skin for Mercy. Goth healer FTW. D.Va's Seoul Dynasty skin also looks very good, but I prefer the Carbon Fiber version because she has black hair  :coolcat:  I spent my first 100 credits on Gladiator D.Va.

As for the new update, my sights are on Black Cat D.Va, Pharah's Asp skin, and Lucio's Capoeira. I would have bought Cat D.Va already, but I want to save up for the Lunar Year event too.

Widowmaker's Nova skin also looks cool

Agreed! And yeah, I'm doing the same thing of saving money for the Lunar New Year event, saving up some monies. I just hope the newest Mercy and Junkrat can come so people can quit complaining about it :wagh:

Elio said:
I am..........not looking forward to that new Mercy changes lmao;; I mean sure I just play vs AI all the time but honestly I just wish they can stop nerfing her so much?

Same, but as long the fanboys and the circlejerk keep complaining about her being "must pick, the nerfs will keep on coming until they are satisfied. Personally, I don't think she isn't all that overpowered as people made it out to be, but I hope this latest nerfs is enough to shut everyone up. 

They're better not be touching Junkrat though.

ShineCero said:
Elio said:
I am..........not looking forward to that new Mercy changes lmao;; I mean sure I just play vs AI all the time but honestly I just wish they can stop nerfing her so much?

Same, but as long the fanboys and the circlejerk keep complaining about her being "must pick, the nerfs will keep on coming until they are satisfied. Personally, I don't think she isn't all that overpowered as people made it out to be, but I hope this latest nerfs is enough to shut everyone up. 

God I hope so. I can't imagine being a Mercy player in quick play much less COMPETITIVE. How are you going to expect to go pvp without an effective healer? I mean I'm sorry to say but so far the more effective healers I've played are Mercy, Lucio and Moira (because her healing orb is practically an AOE healing). These whiners complain if you DON'T pick Mercy anyway  :katslam:

Elio said:
ShineCero said:
Elio said:

God I hope so. I can't imagine being a Mercy player in quick play much less COMPETITIVE. How are you going to expect to go pvp without an effective healer? I mean I'm sorry to say but so far the more effective healers I've played are Mercy, Lucio and Moira (because her healing orb is practically an AOE healing). These whiners complain if you DON'T pick Mercy anyway  :katslam:

Irony, isn't it? They complained that Mercy is breaking the game, but they get pretty pissy when a player doesn't choose Mercy for healer lol. I just hope Blizzard doesn't keep bending over backward for these guys because they can't get that one kill. It's one the reason why whenever there isn't a healer on the team when i go competitive, I just pick Zenyetta as healer :maybe:

Also, we have a Talon Offense (Doomfist), Talon Defense (Widowmaker) and Talon Healer (Moira), I guess Hero 27th will be a Talon Tank? :thinks:

ShineCero said:
Irony, isn't it? They complained that Mercy is breaking the game, but they get pretty pissy when a player doesn't choose Mercy for healer lol. I just hope Blizzard doesn't keep bending over backward for these guys because they can't get that one kill. It's one the reason why whenever there isn't a healer on the team when i go competitive, I just pick Zenyetta as healer :maybe:

Also, we have a Talon Offense (Doomfist), Talon Defense (Widowmaker) and Talon Healer (Moira), I guess Hero 27th will be a Talon Tank? :thinks:

Honestly I feel like Blizzard is listening to these players way too much. It makes games just not fun for those that are mainly support mains. And the support mains ALWAYS get the hook if they lose a match. I've been there and I haven't stepped foot in the pvp modes ever since. 

I'm hoping that maybe it'll be another Defense hero or Tank....either Talon or former Overwatch? I'm kind of hoping it'd be a former Overwatch member, or at least someone with ties to Overwatch. Or something like Orisa......maybe even Brigitte 

I am not looking forward to the inevitable Mercy nerf, but they didn't go live with the BlizzardWorld update... so maybe they're going to iron things out a bit more beforehand? I'm trying to stay hopeful. I wish they would find another way to make Mercy's pickrate go down other than nerf her to the ground... It's already bad enough that the nerfs will reduce her to a walking Zenyatta/Orisa ult. lol

But in the meantime, I've been practicing with the other healers.

What angers me the most is that support mains will always get blasted by DPS mains cause "Mercy's so easy n' u suck lol" yet when they do it, they blow ass at playing her and can't even charge her ult lol

Don't bite the hand that heals, binch!!!  :eyeballs:

Don't even get me started on the ones who think she's too hard to play against!! Why don't you like... focus on killing her 3 against one? But DPS mains are usually more concerned with getting PoTG with a quad kill than actually defending/attacking the objective. lol I don't go into Comp for a good reason

LoopyPanda said:
Don't even get me started on the ones who think she's too hard to play against!! Why don't you like... focus on killing her 3 against one? But DPS mains are usually more concerned with getting PoTG with a quad kill than actually defending/attacking the objective. lol I don't go into Comp for a good reason

THIS is exactly why I don't play the pvp modes unless it's event time -- there's SO little team synergy because everyone keeps wanting to chase after the sweet POTG..... like if you don't want to cooperate then don't play comp!!!! Other people want to earn their place in the rankings too!

Back
Top Bottom