Overwatch Discussion

ShineCero

The Strongest
ADMINISTRATOR
Pronouns
He/Him
250px-Overwatch_cover_art_%28PC%29.jpg

Overwatch is a multiplayer first-person shooter video game developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment. Unveiled at BlizzCon 2014, the game emphasizes cooperative gameplay using a cast of various "heroes", each with their own abilities and roles within a team. The game entered closed beta in North America and Europe in October 2015, with plans to bring the beta to Asia at a later date. The final closed beta weekend began in April 2016 and primarily served as a stress test for Overwatch's servers, lasting 36 hours.[1] The game was released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One worldwide in May 2016.

========================================

Anyone got this game? :awesome:

I'm gonna wait on it. Its definitely a must have game but with no story mode and it being multiplayer only I'm going to wait for a price drop.

Yeah, it's a pretty cool game. It's definitely based on teamwork for the most part. I don't think it should be 60 dollars though for a game that doesn't have a storymode. I thought that was pretty ridiculous. But, it's all fun and would definitely want to see more potential and maybe more characters in the future.

BUMP.

I personally like this game. I do have some complaints tho'.

I think the game should have a story mode since it's heavy with lure and story already. I don't think they should keep the story out of the game and on their official website or something. I see it as a wasted potential and a cheap way to take 60 bucks. It just reminds me of FNAF. The story is very interesting and really does show the beauty of each character.

Another issue I have is that it's a rather small game to me. Few maps to really play on and you eventually get bored with seeing the same scenery all the time. I think there should be more types of modes like capture the flag, Plant the bomb, hide and seek, and more since each map can be entirely different.

I think that's changing with the introduction of Sombra and new levels to play it. So they are definitely expanding more concept -- and they are free! I wouldn't be surprised if they added a story mode in there one day. :think:

Speaking of that, I hope the new patch comes soon. I really want to try out all these new stuff they have in store for us :wagh:

So I got the game for 20 bucks a few months ago after trading in battleborn. I like it. Just wish it had an actual story like battleborn did. I wanted to unlock everybody in that game but farming story missions without a full party in that game is easily tiresome. In Overwatch the main multiplayer focus is what saved it. Anything an happen during a game. You could lose horribly. you could catch up at the last possible second. My problem with battleborn is simply the fact that NOBODY FREAKING PLAYS IT! Lobbies are never full...ever.
Overwatch has a huge player base and with regular updates and events that are always popping up I can't help but hop on at least 1 time a week. I hope the game lasts a long life cycle. Adding a co-op story would easily increase my love for the game.

(I miss battleborn I really do but it is just no fun without people being able to drop in sessions. I miss its animated cut-scenes and its characters....but I think I made the right choice by getting overwatch)

I guess Overwatch literally killed their "competitor" before it even started lol. Pity that they never got the chance to shine due to the massive popularity of Overwatch.

I heard that a Christmas theme is coming to Overwatch... so hype about the content they'll bring.

inb4 Santa Roadhog or Reinhardt. 

Speaking of Overwatch, I've made an Overwatch Playlist on the BGL Youtube channel.

During skirmishes, I like to be Junkrat and go up to the enemy lobby room and throw bombs while they're still in there trying to get out and attack me.

If that doesn't work, I throw down bear traps and mines before detonating them. They die pretty quick, and when they do, I make Junkrat yell "Have a nice day!"

I feel diabolical but... it feels so good.

Back
Top Bottom