Overwatch Discussion

LoopyPanda said:
Don't even get me started on the ones who think she's too hard to play against!! Why don't you like... focus on killing her 3 against one? But DPS mains are usually more concerned with getting PoTG with a quad kill than actually defending/attacking the objective. lol I don't go into Comp for a good reason

:lordy: This so much. I think the primary reason that they complained about Mercy because she undo their kills; which again, it's all about getting good... but they do not care unless they get the play of the game instead of communicating with their teammates. Honestly, the only good thing about competitive is the gold weapons and the occasional bickering you hear when they don't get their way...

You have Overwatch for the PS4, Elio?  :thinking:

I'd say the only huge difference between the two is probably Widowmaker/Ana's playability.

Widowmaker's tracking and aiming/headshot rate is probably far higher on PC than console. Ana's a bit easier to use thanks to aim assist

Ah! I don't think my laptop can even handle Overwatch lol, and I'm pretty shit at sniping... so Widowmaker, Ana, and Hanzo is out of the question  :gglife:

LoopyPanda said:
Do they still intend on unlocking ALL cosmetics on top of the new releases? If so, the loot pool just got a lot bigger.
:eek:hdear:

Get ready for the abundance of blue sprays and icons! :maybe:

Today marks the end of the anniversary event... got some good shit, but not enough shit (Still wanting that Doomfist skin... but I guess I'll just wait for Next Year).

I'm looking forward to the Symmerta rework. It looks pretty damn insane from what I seen.

I couldn't cough up the dough for the stuff I wanted, so I decided to just grind for one last box and buy whatever other cheap event items I could get. 

The Summer Games should hopefully be next, since I really want Winged Glory and Suburban Dad 76

LoopyPanda said:
I couldn't cough up the dough for the stuff I wanted, so I decided to just grind for one last box and buy whatever other cheap event items I could get. 

The Summer Games should hopefully be next, since I really want Winged Glory and Suburban Dad 76

We definitely got to go into Lucio Ball Competitive. You, Jaz and I are unstoppable :wagh:

So it's been a couple days since Hammond/Wrecking Ball has been released, I got home recently to play and experience all the new changes (including Symmetra in full). Won't hurt to post my opinion about the changes--

WRECKING BALL

He's very cute, I'll give them that (not a huge fan of most of his skins though. I like the Wooden skin at least). I tried him out in the Practice Area, he's a little difficult to get used to if you lack hand-eye coordination (i.e. ME LOL). Haven't figured out how to do that Ground Pound thing he does from midair yet, but I'll figure it out in no time.

His ultimate is really useful for when the payload is on overtime, since it will force any low health heroes off the area or force them to clear it out. If you're feeling like a risk-taker, a Dva bomb can easily clear them all out with no casualties to your own team in addition to finishing off any nearby opponents who took too much comfort in the Minefield. A great high mobility hero, but is able to be headshotted as easily as Dva is if you're a skilled Widow or McCree. Missiles take down quite a chunk of his health in no time, but he definitely isn't a hero you can 1v1. If he's surrounded though, you could probably take him down with one big rush. Seems to have high durability in Total Mayhem.

Overall, I like him a lot, he is a big game changer in terms of securing objectives and team fights. Both a great ally, and an enemy who you could more than likely deal with if you approach him with the right mindset/strategy. (Aka, don't rush him if he's swinging off an edge where you cannot recover to)

SOMBRA CHANGES

Whoo nelly! If you thought she was S Tier in Total Mayhem, she's probably SS tier now! With her now infinite camouflage and infinite duration on translocator, she is a much bigger threat across the board now. She is one of Hammond's greatest enemies haha

I also like that you can cancel and re-place the translocator-- before, you had to wait out the timer that felt like eternity in order to replace it with a better position. This is a double edged sword, however-- your poor positioning can now be punished by the enemy either destroying your One Way out of a team fight when things get heated, OR stand there and wait until you use it thinking you're in the clear and jump you like the cold blooded killers they are. So, now Sombra comes with a requirement for having a better sense of positioning.

I think it's a good tradeoff to get infinite camouflage in exchange for a lowered walking speed (one that is still faster than a lot of heroes) and inability to push payloads/contest objectives. Of course, you could probably use this to your advantage and pop out your ult on an unsuspecting team who captured the point if you make sure your group can serve as a distraction from the front.

Overall: Very good, Sombra is much more threatening vs old Sombra I think. 

========

Mercy's healing rate got reduced, but I don't really notice it. Instead, I just zip around the map to avoid enemies from trying to ambush me and pop Valykrie when I have a lot of people to heal at once. group up people!!!! I also noticed some of the maps got updated and look way cooler now! Sweet

Overall, good update, 9/10

Bumping this thread to add that while the Summer Games are coming to a close (Aug 30), they started a new event called the Nano Cola Challenge, running from Aug 28 to September 10:

Source
0SB59RQT4KAE1535143905428.png

D.Va’s Nano Cola Challenge Twitch Drops will be available August 28 - September 10 on select Twitch broadcaster channels—see the full list of participating channels below. Tune in during the highlighted dates and times to support a specific broadcaster, or watch their streams at any point during the campaign to unlock these rewards. For more information on Twitch Drops, click here.

Broadcaster Spotlight Date / Time Channel
Seagull August 28 / (11:00 - 16:00 PDT) /
Mirage August 29 / 04:00 - 11:00 PDT) /
Fran August 30 (12:00 - 17:00 PDT) / 
Anak August 31 (07:00 - 15:00 PDT) / 

Afiz September 1 (07:00 - 13:00 PDT) /
Tyr0din September  2 (16:00 PDT) / https://www.twitch.tv/tyr0din
Zondalol September 3 (00:00 - 7:00 PDT) / https://www.twitch.tv/zondalol
Cooruja September 4 (05:00 - 9:00 PDT) / https://www.twitch.tv/cooruja
Kimjaewon September 5 (02:00 - 8:00 PDT) / https://www.twitch.tv/jaewon4915
esl_degun September 6 (09:00 - 15:00 PDT) / https://www.twitch.tv/esl_degun
NadiaCala September 7 (11:00 - 16:00 PDT) / https://www.twitch.tv/nadiacala
Kephrii September 8 (17:00 - 23:00 PDT) / https://www.twitch.tv/kephrii
Valkia September 9 (05:00 - 13:00 PDT) / https://www.twitch.tv/valkia
AimBotCalvin September 10 (16:00 – 22:00 PDT) / https://www.twitch.tv/aimbotcalvin

We’re bringing the excitement of the action-packed animated “Shooting Star” short into Overwatch by making some of the special content in the short available to unlock in-game. Your wins in Quick Play, Competitive Play, or Arcade will all earn you additional limited-time D.Va sprays, a player icon, and a new epic skin: NANO COLA D.VA!
RHGXY69KMMW41535137540423.png

So we need to win 9 games in a row (or just in general) to get her skin? :think:

ShineCero said:
So we need to win 9 games in a row (or just in general) to get her skin? :think:

I think it works the same way as the weekly lootbox Arcade -- except you can do it with wins outside of Arcade modes.

Now I'm not sure how it keeps track of Twitch watchtime if you're on console and have it linked...

Ah, well, Twitch is probably something out of my league I supposed. But if that's how to get the skin by doing wins, time to get on Overwatch and get that skin! Hope you're up for it later on Loopy :wagh:

Maybe, but probably only a little bit tonight since I'm trying to fix my sleeping schedule ;)

I found a better explanation for the twitch requirement:
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.8)][font=Arial, sans-serif]IMPORTANT:[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]To be eligible to receive these Twitch Drops you must first link your Blizzard account to your Twitch account. Visit the Twitch Connections page to log in and complete the link now.
Sounds easy enough, I could probably just leave a tab open for someone's stream and just mute the tab in Chrome XD

LoopyPanda said:
Maybe, but probably only a little bit tonight since I'm trying to fix my sleeping schedule ;)

I found a better explanation for the twitch requirement:
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.8)][font=Arial, sans-serif]IMPORTANT:[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]To be eligible to receive these Twitch Drops you must first link your Blizzard account to your Twitch account. Visit the Twitch Connections page to log in and complete the link now.
Sounds easy enough, I could probably just leave a tab open for someone's stream and just mute the tab in Chrome XD

:maybe: we'll try! @"~ Z ~" is going to school tomorrow as well, so it might be a few hours at best.

Yeah, that sounds easy enough. I might as well do it since I have a Blizzard account when i got the Police Dva skin xD

Okay, so Shine and I confirmed the following (for any lurkers out there):
  1. You can link your Twitch account to your Blizzard account on your computer by going to your Twitch's settings > Connections before connecting your Blizz acct to it
  2. You do NOT have to view the approved Twitch streamers on your console if you are on PS4: you can do so on your laptop, but it's not certain if Twitch Mobile Apps keep an accurate track of your viewing time.
  3. If you don't regularly use Twitch, simply find a streamer who is online according to the listed Nano Cola Drop time, click "Mute Tab/Site" and simply complete whatever else you wish to do while waiting for the awards to come in. You don't even need to stay on that tab for it to count, you can open new ones and stay on those.
  4. Twitch will notify you when you receive a drop! That's it!
If you have stuff to do, I recommend leaving your computer with the sleep mode timers disabled if it's plugged in-- I don't think Twitch will count the watch time if your computer goes into sleep mode.

Is it weird I found this more fun/engaging versus the usual event of mindlessly grinding for lootboxes? Must be a new event model they're trying out.

Nah, it isn't weird at all. It's a lot better than grinding for lootboxes; if anything, that's a good way to get around the gambling concept for the most part. Make cosmetics as mission base to bring in more viewers for the Overwatch League, Twitch and create a sense of community for new players to form groups in order to get the skin.

I wouldn't want it to be a one time type of deal, because if they add in a little elbow grease, it would be a fine way to bring in events every month or so for new skins. At the same time though, I highly doubt they would give up the lootbox system since it's raking them tons and tons of cash.

Haven't touch Overwatch in a while since I was busy playing Spider-Man and Pokken, but looks like a new update shown up (looks like they updated their site to add in some aesthetics stuff to the updates): New Patch

Here's some highlights I pulled from the site:
  • Developer Comments We’ve given Earthshatter a complete overhaul to combat inconsistencies with its performance. These changes will make Earthshatter’s behavior more predictable and effective.
  • Now consistently hits enemies near walls
  • No longer hits enemies that enter the damage cone after the “wave” has passed that area
  • No longer damages enemies behind barriers blocking it, even if the barrier is later dropped or destroyed
  • Always travels up inclines and around the payload
  • New Map: Busan, South Korea, is out.
  • Allies can now be visible through walls (big deal for healers!)

Back
Top Bottom