No More Heroes Anarchy - Prologue

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'll take my chances." Gio said coldly to Morisa. He then glanced over at Nessa and gave a quick nod. "Likewise, I'll be just a sec." He put his hands in his pockets as he followed the rest. No turning back now..

Morisa did not muster a response after Marlene and Giovani went off their way regardless of her threat. She sat down and stared at the ceiling as Susie, Nessa and Ray prepared for those to come with them.

One person entered the room, that one particular person that made an outburst during Susie’s introduction on the stage earlier.

“Morisa… you’re going to let them go? Just like that?”

“Of course not.” Morisa lowered her head with a smile on her face. 

----------

Susie was packing away boxes in the auditorium and she saw all the damages Naolyn had done during her outbursts. “Such raw strength this child possessed. Psychic users are perhaps the rarest type of power among the Specials… and there’s a good reason for that.” She wondered if the Center is attempting to maximize her potential considering her condition.

“Anything wrong?” Nessa approached Susie from behind.

“Nothing. Is everyone ready?” 

“Almost. I told them to meet us outside once they’re done getting all their personal items. I didn’t want to check their rooms after seeing what I saw for some of them.” Nessa narrowed her eyes. “I took some photos and saved them onto my cloud service. You know, in case they decided to wipe my harddrive or something.”

Susie nodded. “Okay, you’ll go on ahead with Ray, I’ll meet up with you guys in a second.” For some reason, she felt a sudden sense of dread coming down her spine. She turned around, coming from the direction of Morisa’s office.

Ray says to Susie "your on the mark this dos seem like a setup; so do take care not to fall for any traps." Ray thinks as he dos as Susie asked him to do "time to see your next move Chuckles."

Marlene made her way to her living quarters, trying to keep herself from practically radiating her excitement at the prospects of finally leaving this hellish institution. She did regret that no extravagant rebellion had taken place, but at the same time, it was best to relish quiet victories like this. 

Still, I wonder who it was that managed to tip them off in the first place?... 

Marlene threw what few outfits she had into a duffel bag, including a few Polaroid photos she had from her last days interacting with the outside world. "It feels almost too easy though," she muttered to herself as she dug underneath the mattress to pull out two worn-out books whose pages were yellowed from age; she had read them endlessly in her free time to distract herself and keep her mind occupied. "But I'd better get going before that witch changes her mind and tries to lasso us back in."
Quickly, she slung the bag over her shoulder and hurried her way through the halls to meet the Busters outside. She kept her gaze forward and avoided looking anyone else in the eye, fearing what potential attention she might draw to herself.

Gio entered his room and packed the few things he had. A couple of outfits, a photo, and a pack of cigarettes.

Finally I’m free from this place. I still have some unfinished business out there.

Gio let out a sigh as he grabbed his bag and went out to the Busters.

I still can’t shake the feeling that this could backfire..

Marlene and Giovani walked through the halls as other Specials were hanging around. They were curious about the fact that Busters managed to get a few people out of the center and join their organization; a chance to revamp their image. All of them were staring intensely at her composure. 

“Hey, don’t you think it’s a little bit unfair? How come we’re not getting picked out here?” One of them whispered to the others. “Look at them,  walking away to witnessed freedom while we get stuck with this bullshit.” 

“Yeah… isn’t that just sweet? Out of all the Specials here… the Busters picked the ones with an awful track record. One of them was literally about to attack Morisa too…” Another spoke out.

“I’m going to do something about this.” One of them said loudly and approached Marlene and Giovani. “Hey!” He shouted, grabbing Giovani by the shoulder, getting in his face. “How come we folks have to stay here while you get to run along?!”

Susie stood up, seeing Marlene and Giovani being confronted by someone. “Hey, don’t bother them...”

“Shut up.” The man said. “You’re practically damned us to hell while these guys get the taste of heaven out there.”

=====

Nessa was outside, waiting for Susie and the others to come out. She checked on Naolyn. “Hey, wake up kid… Ray must’ve really knocked you out cold.”

Ray says in a nice and professional tone to the man "Sir you need to have faith more people will be saved form this place." Trying to install a since of hope to those suck in the center. 

Ray says to Marlene and Giovani "Keep your heads or you may inherently prove Moirsa right." Ray thinks "one needs to be logical in hells like these."

Marlene furrowed her eyebrows, nervous about the sudden brashness of the Special that approached them.

"M-Mr. Ray is right! It's not like we intend to leave everyone else behind..." She said, hoping that reasoning would calm them down. "We can't expect something like the law to be overturned in the span of a few hours, so the most the Busters can do is take a few of us at a time. Please try to understand them..." 

I won't need to blow my cover yet, but there's no way that Giovanni guy is gonna keep a cool head! Marlene sweated nervously as her eyes scanned the room. And without the warden here, anything could happen. This isn't good...

Gio's eyes widened slightly as he felt the grasp on his shoulder. He immediately grabbed the other special's arm and pushed him away

"So you just like going around touching people, huh?" Gio said as he now walked up to him. By the look on his face he was fuming. "You don't like how things turn out well boohoo. Bad luck, hermano."

His fists clenched ready to pull a punch but Gio let out a deep breath and narrowed his eyes as he scanned the room looking at everyone watching.

"Anyone else? Or we can just move on." he said as he crossed his arms looking over at Susie to defuse things.

“Faith…? I don’t want to hear that shit, especially when these two buffoons are getting out of here while we must endure this shit. And the only thing you can say is have some goddamn faith!?” The special felt pressured on his arm—he tried to pull his arm away, but he was pushed to the ground. He looked up, seeing Giovani standing over him. Sweats dripped down from his temple to his cheeks, then the ground, seeing that this man tossed him away like he was nothing. 

“Ah, it’s gotta be like that…” He mumbled under his breath and stood up. He looked at Giovani was anger, and went over to him, seeing that his attention focused on Susie. Using this as an opportunity, he threw a punch at Giovani’s jaw, punching it with great force, launching him towards Marlene and Ray. “Fuck you!” 

The other specials narrowed their eyes seeing the altercations escalating. All of them were shouting, cheering on the special taking those leaving the center.

Susie’s eyes widened at the punch. “Hey! Stop! Don’t fight!” She shouted as she rushed to Givovani.

“The guy ain’t going to do shit… he’s nothing more than a pussy… but then again, El coñísimo de la maldita madre…” The special smirked.

Ray thinks "the fact alone we are able to get 10 people out shooed been seen as a good sine for every one hear. The man is either a plant and/or Chuckles is far worst than some of the people i helped over the years."

Ray says as a matter of fact "I well aware logic in the hell you must be facing maters but should be more hopeful that 10 people got out. If we keep at it we can save more you."

Ray says to Geo "Don't retaliate because." Points right at a security camera and says "If this man is a plant he wants you to punch him and with some editing you look like the bad guy."

Gio stepped back a bit into Susie from the surprise blow. He rubbed his face and kept staring over at the other special.

"You have some cojones, hermano. I'll remember you when I get back."

He pulled out a cigarette from his pocket and lit it using a small flame formed on his finger. 

"Besides, why would these Busters want a pussy on their team."

Gio blew out a large puff of smoke over at the special's direction. He crossed his arms with his annoyed gaze looking back at Susie.

"Let's leave right now before I turn this maricón into ashes."

Marlene was almost knocked over from the weight of Gio nearly colliding into her with Susie, but she quickly got up and tried to keep Susie out of the offending Special's line of sight. "Don't get close to them here, they're itching to get a hit onto you too," she warned the Busters before turning to look at him with a hardened glare. 

She wasn't sure what she could say that could console any of them into not throwing any more fists, but Marlene was certain she couldn't let them try and do any other damage. Furrowing her brows, she took a free hand and made it look like she was just tucking back her long hair on the side of her head, though she discreetly yanked off the earring she wore to draw some blood out.

Ray is right that we can't retaliate, but if he tries to swing again, I can restrain him without outright violence.

Marlene chuckled, placing her hands in her pockets. "I guess I'd feel the same way if I were you... It isn't really us you're angry at anyway. You can keep throwing punches all you'd like, but it won't change anything. The system was designed for us to cannibalize each other instead. Nothing more, nothing less." She smiled with pity. "Better us than you anyway-- we probably will get punched and insulted way more often out there than in here. It'll be a pain I hope nobody else will need to face once we get you out. Now if we're done here, excuse us..."

Susie nodded at the suggestion Marlene and Giovani gave on leaving quickly before things escalate further. “Ray is right… the fact that we managed to get ten of you out of here should be evident that there is hope. We will help you out of this mess, but please, hang it there a little bit longer.”

Without wasting more explanation, she made gesture to Ray, Marlene and Giovani on leaving. She packed all the items in the box and decorates and headed to the exit.

Swinging his hand up in the way to clear away the smokes that blasted his face, Tame was not amused. He listen to their reasonings, he listen to their refusal to fight, but he was not satisfied with none of it. He his back at them and walked away without any response. The other two that was with him, didn’t felt the need to escalate either. It was clear, considering that Ray pointed out the cameras, that things would get bad.

Tame stop midway through the door, the other two trailing him behind, before slightly turning his head to Susie and the others. “Yeah, it won’t change anything if I do this fist fights nonsense.” He turned around instantly, energy building up onto his fingertips, his eyes narrowed focused on Marlene and Giovani. “But this… if you can’t help us get out, then we will.”

He right hand whipped back, releasing a powerful force of energy towards all of them, the other two jumping out of the way, in shock of his actions. Susie narrowed her eyes, leaping over to Marlene and Giovani, pushing them down on the floor to dodge the beam. It smash through the concrete walls like butter, resulting a powerful explosion. “Ray!” She shouted.

----

Nessa stared at Naolyn, seeing all the scars visible to her. “You’re a complete wreck, kid.” Nessa whipped her head forward after the explosion, sounds so loud, it caused a flock of birds, miles away, depart. “What the!?”

----

Tame walked slowly towards the group; there something clearly off from this individual something different compared to rest of the reserved specials.

Ray jumped out the way of the blast and says "I am alive." Ray thinks "if a rout were to kick off because this than this may be a chance to get confirmed dirt on chuckles. So this is how round 3 starts."

Giovani shielded himself from the blast and looked up at Tame.

"Can't let it go, huh?"

He stood up immediately with flames engulfing his hands and made them into fists.

"Fight me, marica."

Marlene stared at the damage wrought behind them with wide eyes, breaking out into a cold sweat. Holy shit! This guy's off his fuckin' rocker! This is just great...

"Any ideas?... I'd really like to not die before the end of lunchtime..." She whispered over at Ray and Susie. There was no way she could subdue Tame from the front, but she thought there was no way Giovani could come close enough for her to take advantage of a distraction. Then her eyes widened with an idea, inching forward to whisper into Gio's ear. "Fighting this guy is on you, but if you can trigger the fire alarm doing it..." It was a crazy idea, but she could feel this could end badly if nobody were to intervene in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom