News, Updates & Suggestion Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
:think:

I know absolutely nothing about Dungeons and Dragons style. Though judging from your statements, I do not think it would be a good fit for BoogaVerse (it can complicate things) and more so be its own thing if anything. Now, I took a look at Roll20 and it seems pretty interesting, though it definitely takes a lot of time and dedication (hence why I think it should be it's own thing if we were to go with this). That's what I think of the matter anyway. Could be a possible way to bring in members. I'll wait and see other people's thoughts on the matter.

We definitely need more members on the forum. People can invite their friends (by posting the link to the website to their tumblr/dA/etc and encourages people to joined).

While I know nothing of DND, I don't think this will work like how you think it might work. It sounds interesting but I believe this type of RP isn't well suited for everyone unless you know what you're doing.

OC Stats: How would you regulate this? I understand that this can be used to prevent OP characters but that would have to be marked down or regulated somehow because people will forget. Maybe between friends that could work but with new people who know nothing about it... I'm not so sure.

Another thing we have to think about is time, devotion, and dedication from other members. If one member doesn't post it can put the RP in a stand-still, especially when you depend on this character for something.

Maybe I just don't understand it but I don't think that this might be something that Boogaverse might implement anytime soon. Hopefully, in the future, when more members arrive, we might try out your idea to test the waters.

I don't play DnD, but I do know a few friends who hold tabletop RPGs at their house every Friday night. Not sure if they still do it, but they do it physically with pen and paper. From how they describe it to me, it isn't as casual as play-by-post tends to be.

I would be more open to the idea if we had more RP members that were experienced with DnD style games and were active/willing enough to explain the basics out to anyone who wants to try it. We also have to take into account that there currently is no free/good plugin for dice rolling.

At least, it seems more difficult to implement into Boogaverse RP than it is to just be a standalone system in the non-BV subforum.

In a few days, Jaz and I going to be extremely busy for the rest of the week (Loopy and Freak will take over as the main heads). I will still come on and post whenever I can, but it would be limited. So, I'm going to announce a few things of the quick updates for the forum.

• Hagane Colosseum is now complete and updated. Under the new standard, please take and check out the rules of that section and offer any suggestions you might have.
  • Boogaloo Life likewise has been updated. Check it out.
  • Boogaloo YouTube channel had been updated and cleaned out. I'm thinking that we should make an official thread for updated videos.
  • Minor updates on the forum.

Back from Vacation. Updates will start rolling as of today. Will post them when everything is done.

BGL Update 2.0 Rollout

New Boogaloo Staff Management

Staff had been modified. Introducing a new moderation system that is simpler, easier to manage and all of the staff are on the same page in regard to many issues on the forum. With that said and done, with confirmed testing with Ploep and Vegetto (waiting on Syn's testing), Super Moderators will become Moderators, and all Moderators will have “Super Moderator” abilities. It will be Administrators, Moderators, and Advisors.

Sections Revamp

As stated before, sections are getting a new look, better organization and better context of what a section resolves around.

Boogaloo Hall -> Boogaloo Chambers

Questions and Complaints section have integrated into Boogaloo News as “General Website Goofs/Errors”. You can report any problem regards to the site as a whole in that thread and any of the Administrators will handle it. There is a “Question” prefix if you have a specific question towards the website (about a thread, name change, etc).

Boogaloo Showcase is now removed. Competitions/Challenges will still continue through specific sections. 

Junkyard is now only available to Members/Staff.

As stated before, Metroham, Hanage, and Life received revamp and improvements. Check out the new standard of what the section expects.

Proposal: Downtown Boogaloo and Boogaloo Mall to combine as one to house these subforums. 

Proposal
: Sports Bars to be deleted. Inactive forum and most of the thread can be regulated as a singular thread. It can be moved in Boogaloo Life section for sports fans to discuss all things related to a certain “sport”. 

Incoming Challenges/Competitions Proposal

New Challenge that will begin August 28th, 2017. Word-Drawing Competition. It's a team challenge. Something like a team of twos. One writer, one artist. A writer describes something and the artist has to draw based on what the description laid out for them. I guess the best-looking one that gets the closest to the description as possible wins. There will be a set theme. You will have 4 weeks.

OC Drawing Challenge: A singular competition in the Art Section (Z-Fighter's suggestion). Participants must draw an OC from either a selected list provided by one or more users, or draw a random OC from any of the other participants, using references which are being provided by said participants. Date Unknown. 

Pokemon Little Cup League: The Next Pokemon Competition in the Pokemon Section. All participants must use un-evolved and tiny Pokemon to enter the competition in a team of six. The format can either be singles or doubles. August 25th, 2017.

EDIT: Some prefixes have been deleted since there's no need for them in a long run anyways.

The mod thing was a nice touch, now everyone will be on the same page in terms of powers and responsibilities. 

ShineCero said:
Sections Revamp

As stated before, sections are getting a new look, better organization and better context of what a section resolves around.

Boogaloo Hall -> Boogaloo Chambers

Questions and Complaints section have integrated into Boogaloo News as “General Website Goofs/Errors”. You can report any problem regards to the site as a whole in that thread and any of the Administrators will handle it. There is a “Question” prefix if you have a specific question towards the website (about a thread, name change, etc).

This is good for new members to freshen up. Speaking of which, we need to find a way to get some more members to spice up this forum, been pretty quiet for my taste. Any suggestions on that?

ShineCero said:
Boogaloo Showcase is now removed. Competitions/Challenges will still continue through specific sections. 

Junkyard is now only available to Members/Staff.

As stated before, Metroham, Hanage, and Life received revamp and improvements. Check out the new standard of what the section expects.

Proposal: Downtown Boogaloo and Boogaloo Mall to combine as one to house these subforums. 

Proposal
: Sports Bars to be deleted. Inactive forum and most of the thread can be regulated as a singular thread. It can be moved in Boogaloo Life section for sports fans to discuss all things related to a certain “sport”. 

Alright, This can keep the forum looking new and updated as time goes by. Once these sections get big enough and we have more members, we might be able to go back to having separate forums/sections. As for the second proposal, we should have a subsection in BGL Life to better organize Sports Threads and not confuse people.

ShineCero said:
Incoming Challenges/Competitions Proposal

New Challenge that will begin August 28th, 2017. Word-Drawing Competition. It's a team challenge. Something like a team of twos. One writer, one artist. A writer describes something and the artist has to draw based on what the description laid out for them. I guess the best-looking one that gets the closest to the description as possible wins. There will be a set theme. You will have 4 weeks.

OC Drawing Challenge: A singular competition in the Art Section (Z-Fighter's suggestion). Participants must draw an OC from either a selected list provided by one or more users, or draw a random OC from any of the other participants, using references which are being provided by said participants. Date Unknown. 

Pokemon Little Cup League: The Next Pokemon Competition in the Pokemon Section. All participants must use un-evolved and tiny Pokemon to enter the competition in a team of six. The format can either be singles or doubles. August 25th, 2017.

EDIT: Some prefixes have been deleted since there's no need for them in a long run anyways.

I wouldn't mind an OC competition but I would REALLY love the Little Cup Pokemon competition. I've always wanted little cup and I hope a ton of more people will participate this time around. Let's just hope that it goes smoothly like last time.

Welcome back guys.

I agree on these changes so far, can't wait for those competitions to begin though! As an advisor, I DEMAND you get them running sooner!

Proposal: Sports Bars to be deleted. Inactive forum and most of the thread can be regulated as a singular thread. It can be moved in Boogaloo Life section for sports fans to discuss all things related to a certain “sport”. 

Agreed on both proposals. 

As for how we can get more members, Maybe we should make a new thread for it so we can pass around thoughts on the idea without cluttering this one up and getting off topic. Though first and foremost, I need to take time and really think about how to address this. Because I was recently looking into ways I could promote my art and get watchers/followers, so maybe I could find a way to appropriately advertise and draw in people who are looking for a new community to nurture their hobbies.
=========================

Now, I was encouraged to post this idea for all to see in terms of how we'd celebrate our upcoming 2nd anniversary:

In Overwatch's Hollywood map, there are several movie posters all about. I was thinking that each of us who want to could whip up a poster to celebrate the anniversary. Say, you draw a character of yours or a representation of Boogaloo in a poster-style drawing that looks like a movie is about to come out:

tumblr_o8eebwENPq1sch9a2o1_1280.jpg

Let me preface this with that it doesn't have to be limited to people who draw. It can also be done by graphic artists. In fact, those who can't draw or don't have the confidence to do one can request one from artists that are kind enough to lend their time and effort into making one. Of course the image doesn't need to be as big as an actual poster. Xd

@Jaz and LoopyPanda

Activity is definitely one of the biggest issues on the forum. I think as Loopy suggested, that we expand our bases by advertising on other social media sites. I also think that you should be able to invite your friends to the forum as well. Got friends on Tumblr, twitter, dA, etc? Invite them over to Boogaloo. Who knows, what might get a couple of new members to lively up the place. Any other suggestions?

@Jaz

Yeah. If we do get more members to the point that we need to create new sections, then we can do so, but until then, this would work better for the moment. 

@LoopyPanda's Proposal 

I like this! It's a definite way to celebrate Boogaloo by using this.

@Loopy and Shine
 I concur, Ill try to get started on a poster then...

Quick Update. Loopy suggested that the order of the forum to be ABC format. So I'm going to leave the forum like this for a week and see how everyone respond to it. Hopefully, it isn't too much of a change xD

Now I can finally stop searching the forum when I have to do is scroll down to the bottom to find the RP section. :maybe:

New Updates: Some of you are probably already aware of this, but I added some new stuff to make the forum more interactive. I'll announce the incoming changes in the next few days after I sort out all the bugs, errors and things for the theme. For now, here some new shit:

• The ability to mention a member on a thread (and it will alert them)
  • Alert System
  • My Reactions
  • Karma Posting Points

New shit that was added onto the forum to give users a more lively experience:

• Upcoming Events: New Feature. Easier to keep track of events that will appear throughout the entire year.
  • Like System: You have the ability to like a post! However, there is no dislike button.
  • My Reactions: To compensate the above, you are able to add any reaction to any post you encountered.
  • Alert System: This allows you to be alerted when someone replies, quoted, sends you a VM/PM, mentioned you in a thread, etc. You can edit the notifications in the User CP.
  • AutoMentions: This allows to call a user in a thread for any reason and they will be alerted (if they have the option on).
  • Karma Points: A new posting system that awards you some pretty epic stars. Check out the Karma Stars and set out your goal!
I also fixed up several minors issues with all the themes and gave Deluxe Theme small tweaks here and there, while still maintaining the simple and classic look. Hope you guys like the changes.

Well good news and bad news Shine. You used the most cancerous emoticon style known to man.

But on the bright side, they're not Skype emoticons, so I'll take what positives I can get.

Side note: Hate, those, emoticons...

@"Grey Star" 
We're still getting the hang of it and we'll try to put new reactions soon. For now we just want to see if they work correctly (Which they do so far). With the new updates, we can directly call members over to specific threads/posts and react to them as well.

I Hope you enjoy them and stay tuned for more updates soon.

@"~Z~" Looking back a bit, that post does seem a bit whiny. But I do enjoy the new reactions. It's just that I think nearly every emoticon is terrible, and was trying to make light of the situation. I mean, come on, these are leagues better then the Skype emoticons you nerds force me to see.~

@"Grey Star"

Nah, I agree with you. So far let's make do with what we have. However, if you know a good website that hosts free emoticons, don't be shy to post it here. :D

I was told that there was an issue with VM not being shown when you post something on their profile. The issue is now fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom