News, Updates & Suggestion Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maintenance has concluded for the day. It seems that all thread subscriptions is working as intended. I also did some small other fixes as well. Remember to report any bugs (along with screenshots) if there is an issue on the forum. Thanks, ya'll!

Alright, everything should be up to date now. Here is the list of changes that had taken place over the course of several days.

Anime Section and Regular TV section has been merged into one. I’ve cut down the bloated content and strive for a more quality control section. All things media will take place in the General Lounge, and further in-depth discussion on a specific series will be in the Lounge Bar. Some thread has been purged due to having zero posts or have not been touch since 2017. If there is a thread that been purged, but you want to discuss it, simply make a new one.

The Storage Room has been deleted. The Vault has been moved to be a subsection under News and Information. This will house old threads but will not be deleted. Celebration Box has been moved under Introduction and Commencement, and now open for posting by all users. You can post threads regarding birthdays, holidays and other celebratory events. Got a new job and want to showcase your efforts? That is the section to post in it.

Competition Box has been renamed as Challenge Archives and moved under Art Exhibition. This is to make it easier for users to find all the past challenges done over the years. I’ve purged the original competitions that was made during 2015, early 2016 since they do not reflect our standards today (and it rarely net anything worthwhile).

Streamable is now available for users. Simply use this code: [streamable]*insertstreamablelinkhere*[/streamble}
Emails and PMs notification for subscribed threads, once again, is working and functionable. There are no issues nor errors from the amount of testing.

BGC Art Competition has been renamed as Art Challenges and has been simplified. There will be special events yearly, with the Redraw competition as “Redraw That!”. We will only be focusing on one drawing during a Redraw Challenge and lasts a month. Art Awards will have an overhaul in a sense—but nothing set and stone yet.

Small fixes such as highlighting important thread colors to be more darkner so it doesn't blend with the background in Dark Core.

There will be a very quick maintenance tonight. BoogaVerse and Reality Vortex sections will be updated with some revisions (where BoogaVerse will take on a new name, house everything at once, and will be a hard reboot on BGV threads). Reality Vortex threads will just simply be moved so people don't have to click through several forums to get to the thread.

And no, the forum won't be closed tonight, so don't worry about that.

There will be a 5-hour long maintenance starting at 5 PM PDT on 2/12.

Maintenance will include minor fixes, The Vortex being updated, "small" clean up for several sections (mostly just moving stuff around), and updated new graphics for the current art challenge (and the next one, set for March), including a return of Draw with Me sessions (with 2 or more people).

Around April and May, the website will have a "transition" as the new name was decided from Boogaloo Crews to Cosmic City Crews. There might be a possibility that users might have to update their passwords to log in. Furthermore, they will be a site-wide maintenance over the course of several days. I'm still making the decision on whether or not to send a mass emails to ensure that users can update their passwords when the time comes.

With that said, I'll narrow down a specific date when the move comes.

Starting April 12th, there will be a site-wide maintenance. There are a couple of things that will happen once the maintenance is over.
  1. New domain change: We will go from Boogaloo Crews to Cosmic City Crews.
  2. Obviously, this means a new logo is in order.
  3. The current host we are on has been bought out by another company, but everything is relatively the same. There is a slight possibility that I will upgrade to new services. 
  4. Upgraded plugins installed on the forums to their newest additions.
  5. Core Vortex will officially launch. This is a hard reboot that separate itself from BoogaVerse. BoogaVerse is now officially ended/retired.
  6. Slight fixes on the forum.
  7. Official Twitter such as BGC Twitter will be purged. Instead, all new related content, along with art competitions will simply be handled on my twitter account and/or Instagram. 
  8. MemeFest will officially start on April 12th. For those who want to get an head start, it's officially making drawings of your favorite meme (regardless of origin). For example, you can draw one of your character (or existing character) posing in the same vein as your favorite meme/reaction. 
  9. New emotes will be promptly added, along with the Kirby Dab (by @"Ploep"). If you have any suggestions of emotes to be added, please list them here or contact me via DMs.
Hopefully, everything will be smooth sailing once we make an transition. I've decided to send a mass email to all users, alerting them about the Domain Change, and urged them to change it so they won't be confused. Of course, they will be redirected to the new domain, regardless, but it will help. I'll hold onto the original domain for at least an year, until everything is more or less done.

ShineCero said:
Starting April 12th, there will be a site-wide maintenance. There are a couple of things that will happen once the maintenance is over.
  1. New domain change: We will go from Boogaloo Crews to Cosmic City Crews.
  2. Obviously, this means a new logo is in order.
  3. The current host we are on has been bought out by another company, but everything is relatively the same. There is a slight possibility that I will upgrade to new services. 
  4. Upgraded plugins installed on the forums to their newest additions.
  5. Core Vortex will officially launch. This is a hard reboot that separate itself from BoogaVerse. BoogaVerse is now officially ended/retired.
  6. Slight fixes on the forum.
  7. Official Twitter such as BGC Twitter will be purged. Instead, all new related content, along with art competitions will simply be handled on my twitter account and/or Instagram. 
  8. MemeFest will officially start on April 12th. For those who want to get an head start, it's officially making drawings of your favorite meme (regardless of origin). For example, you can draw one of your character (or existing character) posing in the same vein as your favorite meme/reaction. 
  9. New emotes will be promptly added, along with the Kirby Dab (by @"Ploep"). If you have any suggestions of emotes to be added, please list them here or contact me via DMs.
Hopefully, everything will be smooth sailing once we make an transition. I've decided to send a mass email to all users, alerting them about the Domain Change, and urged them to change it so they won't be confused. Of course, they will be redirected to the new domain, regardless, but it will help. I'll hold onto the original domain for at least an year, until everything is more or less done.

Reminder that tomorrow will be a site-wide maintenance. I cannot detail how long this will be, but it will start around 5 PM tomorrow (since I have a appointment earlier of that day). I recommend posting and/or waiting until the maintenance is done so you won't lose any data.

Maintenance is complete. Everything should be good to go now.

I'll manually seek out issues with the forum, so if there's any problems you encounter, most likely, I'm probably aware of it, but do let me know where you found it. I'll be updating emojis throughout the night and banners tomorrow.

There will be a short maintenance tonight. Improving a few fixes I've encountered, but easy enough to do it in one sitting.

Short Maintenance is done. There will be a longer one, but won't required the website to be locked for the duration. Since the 6th Anniversary is coming up in 3 weeks, I'll be doing a few things to celebrate a milestone (6 years!!).

As I've mentioned before, there will be a new logo. We never "officially" had one, aside from quick-shop ones that I threw together. From now on, this will reflect the entire website as a whole. This will also include a new of "official" mascot for the website as well. Suyoi was more of a stand-in, since I was still battling ideas of how it should formulate. Now with the new forum name, this allowed to do so.
  1. I'll slowly add more "improvements" to the emojis, including the ones I've promised. I'm simply tracking down old emojis so I can increase the size since some emojis looks really small. That way, I can do it all at once.
  2. General cleanup and better organization. 
  3. Drawing Challenges will return in due time in a different direction. Apologies for those interested in it; I was working on it to see a way for challenges to be less demanding, more easy and more active (even if it just Appelsider and I 99.999999999% of the time :joy:) and challenge our skills.
  4. I'll post drawings of the Anniversary in the upcoming weeks. Don't worry about this one; I'll post it in my art thread when it comes.
  5. Improve the writing section.
If there's some weirdness or "changes" on the forum, or a spike of activity, just know that it's simply me doing stuff in the background.

Testing out more smilies. I think some of them might be too big?

:eek:iling: :jerrykek: :comfy: :muscles: :bro:

Friday, there will be a maintenance to upgrade the forum to its latest edition. It'll last a couple of hours.

There will be a emergency updates this Friday. Next week, I'll lay out the details for the upcoming 7th Anniversary of this website. :kirbydab:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom