Mok's Art Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokaine

Blue Jacket
Hey there! This is where I'll be dumping my sketches and finished drawings alike if they're SFW and worthy of posting c:
Criticism is more than welcome as I'm still learning!

Original:

HAZARD! at Wyvern Academy
tumblr_p337i6gA4A1sbyqi5o1_1280.png
takashishigure_by_mokaine-dc1bgpt.jpg

Miscellaneous
tumblr_p375d8jbc31sbyqi5o1_1280_by_mokaine-dc1a2lj.jpg
tumblr_p2xbxmNLLu1sbyqi5o1_1280.png

tumblr_p2z80xqNgf1sbyqi5o1_1280.png

Fan-art:
tumblr_p2vvg3OuHq1sbyqi5o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_p2sev9XV2Y1sbyqi5o1_1280.png

Everything looks super cool Mok! I personally like the classic Mok you drew and I can't wait until you post some more drawings soon. Keep up the nice work and keep on practicing.

Looking good so far! Your Fallout OC, Nathan, have a semi-realism included with it, which makes the artwork more engaging. :thumbs:

Have you ever planned on making a comic?  :thinking:

ShineCero said:
Looking good so far! Your Fallout OC, Nathan, have a semi-realism included with it, which makes the artwork more engaging. :thumbs:

I've thought about it and that's kindof where the "HAZARD! at Wyvern Academy" comes in because I'm establishing some characters and a canon for myself and then I'll see if I can maintain a comic. I still haven't decided the extent of fantasy elements (in the vein of Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches) or whether it'll just be SoL/comedy style or not, though.

When you do get around to it, I'd love to read it! :D

I have a good list of things to read by some of the members here, but I'm always getting distracted by schoolwork right when I get the chance... lol

But yes, I'd look forward to seeing a comic about your characters, their designs are quite interesting! I have a weakness for academy uniforms hehe

Mokaine said:
ShineCero said:

I've thought about it and that's kindof where the "HAZARD! at Wyvern Academy" comes in because I'm establishing some characters and a canon for myself and then I'll see if I can maintain a comic. I still haven't decided the extent of fantasy elements (in the vein of Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches) or whether it'll just be SoL/comedy style or not, though.

Interesting! Definitely looking forward to your comic whenever you got in the final details. I'm a sucker for fantasy stuff haha.

Grey Star said:
I wish I had a beard and stache half as good as Nathan's, but all my hair keeps itself painfully straight, so I just shave it.

I know how you feel. My hair is black but my beard grows in red and unruly, so I have to shave it.

Akira Nashihara, Mokuba's childhood friend:
tumblr_p39wo2LCWh1sbyqi5o1_1280.jpg

That random portraiture is pretty damn good!  :lordy: Portraits drawings always get me.

Why he gotta be so grumpy?! D:

I like your digital art and your self portrait isn't half bad either! Kinda makes me wanna do my own.

I use Photoshop CC 2017, I get a nice student month-to-month price with it and I'm used to the workflow so it's a good fit for me.

And Mok always looks grumpy because he's a total sourpuss x:

An actual finished piece under the cut, shocking I know:
tumblr_p3g282nkxy1sbyqi5o1_1280.png

Nice and holy shit dude, how the hell did you do that? That looks amazing!  :eek:hdear:

ShineCero said:
Nice and holy shit dude, how the hell did you do that? That looks amazing!  :eek:hdear:

Thanks! I like to think my art is improving steadily!

If you mean how did I do the animation, I created several layers where things were moved slightly or redrawn entirely, and turned them on and off and saved them as individual pictures, then used Photoshop's Timeline Window -> Create Frame Animation option and loaded each picture in as a layer. You can set up how long each frame is on screen and set it up to loop, and then Export -> Save for Web -> GIF 128 (Dithered) when you're satisfied. Depending on how much detail you draw in it doesn't take too long c:

Looks super cool Mok! I wish I can make Gifs and have the patience too. I don't have PS so that kinda hinders me a bit. Other than that, I love it! Keep up the great work Mok, can't wait to see other stuff you have!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom