Mok's Art Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mokaine said:
ShineCero said:
Nice and holy shit dude, how the hell did you do that? That looks amazing!  :eek:hdear:

Thanks! I like to think my art is improving steadily!

If you mean how did I do the animation, I created several layers where things were moved slightly or redrawn entirely, and turned them on and off and saved them as individual pictures, then used Photoshop's Timeline Window -> Create Frame Animation option and loaded each picture in as a layer. You can set up how long each frame is on screen and set it up to loop, and then Export -> Save for Web -> GIF 128 (Dithered) when you're satisfied. Depending on how much detail you draw in it doesn't take too long c:

Interesting! Since you mentioned being an art student, do you draw on a tablet with a screen? Or is it one of those wacom tablets?

I draw with a normal tablet at home, and I usually opt to use those in class over the graphics monitors. The hand-eye coordination thing is just something I'm used to.

Drew Z's character, Shiro, and experimented with some new coloring techniques. Thanks to her for letting me!
tumblr_p3ieye4Bnk1sbyqi5o1_1280.png

My blue haired baby!!! Ah, reminds us of the good ol' days... I LOVE HER! I DEMAND MORE! j/k. Love the colors, so vibrant! She's literally perfect. xDD

100/10. Thank mah bro.  :zamasuhug:

Mokaine said:
I draw with a normal tablet at home, and I usually opt to use those in class over the graphics monitors. The hand-eye coordination thing is just something I'm used to.

Drew Z's character, Shiro, and experimented with some new coloring techniques. Thanks to her for letting me!

Please.....share your coloring knowledge with us....

I'm really loving the colors on this honestly! Your other works are great too, and it's honestly cool to see someone else animating with Photoshop!!

~ Z ~ said:
My blue haired baby!!! Ah, reminds us of the good ol' days... I LOVE HER! I DEMAND MORE! j/k. Love the colors, so vibrant! She's literally perfect. xDD

100/10. Thank mah bro.  :zamasuhug:

I was happy to draw her so no thanks necessary! Glad you like how she turned out!   

Elio said:
Mokaine said:

Please.....share your coloring knowledge with us....

I'm really loving the colors on this honestly! Your other works are great too, and it's honestly cool to see someone else animating with Photoshop!!

The secret is in the pudding :D I begin by laying down the flats as my lightest colors, then use gradually warmer or cooler tones based on the local color of the object, first with midtones and then even further hue shift for shadows. Then for effect I do a magenta shadow with a clipping layer on top, and a yellow highlight on the opposite side same deal, both set to overlay and with low opacity.

Path through the Trees:

tumblr_p3k71k66gG1sbyqi5o1_1280.png

Trying to force myself to draw and paint backgrounds lol;

I love all the updates! I'm very slow with updating my own art thread cause I just work really slow on my tablet  :sweats: And it's always nice to hear people's processes too! I need all the tips I can get, rather than go off on my own instincts XD

I only use PS to do my graphics, my tablet really doesn't like when I use Photoshop, it loses pen pressure for some reason. But my copy is very old too :p

Backgrounds are my natural enemy too, your forest painting came out really well tho!

LoopyPanda said:
I love all the updates! I'm very slow with updating my own art thread cause I just work really slow on my tablet  :sweats: And it's always nice to hear people's processes too! I need all the tips I can get, rather than go off on my own instincts XD

I only use PS to do my graphics, my tablet really doesn't like when I use Photoshop, it loses pen pressure for some reason. But my copy is very old too :p

Backgrounds are my natural enemy too, your forest painting came out really well tho!

I'm the type of person who has to work fast or I lose my mojo lol, which brings me to a shocking development: a piece I've spent all day on!
tumblr_p3nhfjZ7Au1sbyqi5o1_1280.png

A nice outdoors-y piece I did for digital art class. Approx. 5 hours of work.

tumblr_p3r8a7vKw51sbyqi5o1_1280.png

Looking real good! Nice work Mok. Was there really a circle of mushrooms? (If it were me I'd eat them since I love mushrooms) I think that has a certain name, Fairy Circles if I'm not mistaken. It kinda reminds me of a fantasy world.

It's not any particular place, but yes it is a fairy ring. I wanted to convey a magical sense. c: And thanks! I think I'm improving at backgrounds.

Whoa! Amazing backgrounds! 

Backgrounds are generally one of the hardest things that often plague artists because it focuses a lot of perspective, detail and pure technical techniques. The fact that you were able to do this as a digital drawing is even more impressive. Keep up the good work!

(mfw I have clip studio paint, but my tablet is crap :wagh:)

ShineCero said:
Whoa! Amazing backgrounds! 

Backgrounds are generally one of the hardest things that often plague artists because it focuses a lot of perspective, detail and pure technical techniques. The fact that you were able to do this as a digital drawing is even more impressive. Keep up the good work!

(mfw I have clip studio paint, but my tablet is crap :wagh:)

I've been getting by on a 70 dollar Intous Draw until today, just received my Intous Pro M c: very pleased with it. And is Clip Studio Paint as good as they say? I've heard a lot of praise about it, especially for comic making.

And thanks for the kind words! Glad to see my background practice is paying off.

Haha, Mok would definitely fit right in Dragon Ball. Nice work! Your digital drawings always amazed me :wagh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom