[iOS/Android] Pokémon GO

LoopyPanda

Black Jacket
Website
babyufo.tumblr.com
[video=youtube]

Pokémon GO is a multiplayer, location-based, augmented reality Pokémon game for iOS and Android. The game results from a collaboration between The Pokémon Company, Nintendo, and Niantic, Inc., and is free to download with in-app purchases. It was released in most markets with access to the iOS App Store or Google Play Store on a staggered schedule starting on July 6, 2016. The game was announced at a press conference in Japan on September 10, 2015. Field tests for Pokémon GO were held from March 29, 2016, through June 30, 2016. The game is compatible with the Pokémon GO Plus, a Bluetooth device that allows players to enjoy elements of the game without looking at their phone. Compatibility with the Apple Watch was added in an update on December 22, 2016.
  • Pokémon GO Plus will enable Pokémon GO players to enjoy the game even when they’re not looking at their smartphone. The device connects to the smartphone via Bluetooth and notifies the player about events in the game—such as the appearance of a Pokémon nearby—using an LED and vibration. In addition, players can catch Pokémon or perform other simple actions by pressing the button on the device.Pokémon GO Plus is being developed and manufactured by Nintendo Co., Ltd.
[align=center]
inline-576x240.png

Niantic, Inc. Originally founded by Google Earth co-creator John Hanke as a start-up within Google, Niantic is known for creating Ingress, the augmented reality mobile game that utilizes GPS technology to fuel a sci-fi story encompassing the entire world. Ingress currently has 12 million downloads worldwide. Furthermore, Junichi Masuda of Game Freak Inc., the game director of the Pokémon video game series, is also contributing to the project. He is hard at work ensuring that the fun of Pokémon makes its way into this new project, and is also looking to come up with new kinds of gameplay while thinking of ways to connect this project with the main series of Pokémon video games. Pokémon GO will be available for download at no charge on the App Store and Google Play. In-app purchases will be available.

Important Information

While there isn't a whole lot known yet, what are your thoughts? D you have high expectations of the game? Or will it also turn out to be in a similar (and not as upclose) fashion as Ingress, a game developed under Niantic?

Would you try this app yourself? Or find it to be a silly marketing decision? 

This appears to be a side game, so the next true Pokemon game likely will be announced around the beginning of 2016.

"This game is designed to give you outside and get some fresh air. Where you can throw invisible balls at imaginary monsters that no one else can see and people won't think you're crazy! Trust us, it's fun!"

I was really excited when I first saw the trailer...
It's a fun idea we'll be living the game which is very interesting,
even though it means to go outside home which I don't really like...

I still have many questions, as does everyone I;m sure...
but I'm looking up for it...

Yeah. Though the trailer made it too overhype; it will bring too much expectations out of people xD

I'm curious of how the mechanics even work. Hopefully we get inside gameplays as the incoming months for the game before it's release.

This is gonna be hella expensive I can see it now. All the buyable content is gonna be stuff one would normally need in the game

Here's a recent article updating us on GO!. No official release date it seems, but no new official footage of the app either.

This is the biggest attempt by Nintendo to revolutionize Pokemon gaming into augmented-reality through mobile platforms like iOS and Android devices.

Nintendo has not yet mentioned any official date for the mobile game release but there are speculations that the game will be released sometime in February this year.

It has been said in reports that Nintendo is doing the best they can in developing the game in order to show gamers that "Pokemon GO" is really worth the wait.

The concept of the "Pokemon GO" is to play the game via mobile devices wherever and whenever the player wants. They can go outside the house and walk a few blocks to capture, trade, battle and even train Pokemons. There will be a supporting accessory that the player should have when playing the game. It is the "Pokemon Go Plus." This is a wristwatch-like device that runs via Bluetooth signal to detect Pokemons around. If the device is detecting one, the player can then experience being a Pokemon master.
Players can get very rare Pokemons--which is, of course, very enticing--but these will only be available in selected areas. They can have the option, though, to trade Pokemons with higher, lesser or equal value. There are also training gyms available for Pokemons to level up but going to the gym would need a little effort since it's not that accessible.

Niantic CEO John Hanke has shared their goal during an interview with Venture Beat. He explained, "We had that as a design goal. If we're going to build a game that works with location, it has to be fun for people anywhere to play, in small towns as well as San Francisco," he added, "If we designed something that only worked in San Francisco, it wouldn't be a real success. We wanted it to work globally."

Pokemon gamers will just have to stay tuned for updates about the game's awaited release date.
SOURCE

To summarize, an official release date hasn't appeared yet, and it seems that the wristlet may be required. Gyms are "less accessible" (inb4 you have to find a real gym or something), and pokemon will vary regionally.
Also no listed genre

Edit: No official beta release for testing publicly, so don't go lookin for it. It's mot real ),:

Yeah, that a fake website trying to get you to sign up your card and information. Be careful about those kinds of things!

I wonder if the next Koro-Koro leaks are gonna be about Pokemon Go. I think it might be since I doubt we might get any news about the next Pokemon games for a while.

pokemongo.jpg

In an interview with the Yomiuri Shimbun newspaper, the launch roll-out for Pokémon GO has been revealed. In this interview, Tsunekazu Ishihara, head of the Pokémon Company, says that the app will roll out in Japan, Europe, and North America first and then launch in South America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. No date has been revealed as of yet. In this interview, Mr. Ishihara also stated that they are working on another big project away from Pokémon GO.

Credits goes to Serebii

Hopefully, there some kind of trailer in the future of at least seeing how the game looks and works.

EDIT:

During the South by Southwest convention in Austin, Texas, otherwise known as SXSW, John Hanke of Niantics Lab held a panel on augmented reality gaming and within this panel, it appears that the first footage of Pokémon GO has been shown. During this footage, an overlay of Google maps was shown with a trainer and Ivysaur. This then instigated a battle using augmented reality with the camera to catch an Ivysaur. PokéBalls were thrown before switching to a Master Ball where it was caught. The footage also indicated about the usage of Crystals. The usage of them is not currently known, but we'll provide more details on that, as well as this game, as it comes.

Source

What do you guys think of this? :think:

Well, we didn't get any footage of actually finding said Pokemon, so I won't have a full inpression until then. The appearance is nice, though it seems rather jumpy if the camera moves too far off center.

But I know this: Only a scrub would catch a nonlegend Pokemon with a Masterball. B| XD 

The Crystals might be the ingame kind of currency you could trade in for items or more pokeballs, but that's just a wild guess.

I think the crystals might be some sort of trading thing or some sort of currency. I've seen some other screen shots of the APP and I think you might have a walk just a bit to reach some Pokemon. Then again, I don't think it'll happen but I think it'll be cool to help people walk off some pounds, like me. lol.

I hope we get more info about it soon and let's just hope that everything isn't all worth real money. I hope that's what the crystals are for.

Back
Top Bottom