[iOS/Android] Pokémon GO

Pokemon Go Beta Test was released in Japan. it seems to be a mess.

Pokemon-GO-Leaks_03-29-16.jpg

• Players will create and customize their own character. You can join three teams: Red, Blue, and Yellow.
  • There are no wild Pokemon battles. To catch a Pokemon, touch the Poke Ball with the touch screen and throw it.
  • Pokemon have natures: Stoic, Assassin, Guardian, Raider, Protector, Sentry, and Champion.
  • Pokemon have CP values. It is not yet known that this means, but there is speculation that it might be “Capture Points.” The higher the Capture Points, the more difficult it is to capture.
  • There are normal, legendary, and mythical Pokemon. All Pokemon types, including Fairy, are present in the game.
  • You evolve Pokemon via Evolution Shards obtained from wild Pokemon. Once you obtain enough Shards, you’ll receive an Evolution Stone.
  • There doesn’t appear to be status ailments like paralysis and burn since all moves in the game cause damage.
  • There are 137 movements programmed into the game, as well as 95 “fast” versions of those movements.
  • There are seven categories of items in the game: Poke Balls, Potions, Revives, Battle Items, Food, and Camera. The field test only features the following items: Poke Ball, Great Ball, Ultra Ball, Master Ball, Potion, Super Potion, Hyper Potion, Max potion, Max Revive, X Attack, X Defense, X Miracle, Razz Berry, Bluk Berry, Nanab Berry, Wepear Berry, Pinap Berry and Special Camera.
  • During gym battles, it seems that Pokemon only have two moves. Each gym will have a level of prestige. You’ll get points in the gym, but their purpose is unknown.
  • The following rankings exist: Novice (level 5), Trainer (level 10), Leader (level 25), and Professor (level 50). By the time you reach level 50, you can store up to 500 Pokemon and 1,000 items.
  • Medals will function as achievements, and will be awarded to you when you’ve captured a certain number of Pokemon, walked a certain amount of steps, participated in a certain amount of gym battles, etc.
  • You can buy packages including items and gems with real-world money.
  • There will be a day-night cycle.
  • The Android version is 47.97 MB. There are references to Google Cardboard within the game data.
  • The field test only features the first generation of Pokemon and does not give players a starter Pokemon. There is no indication of Mega Evolutions yet.

So far, I'm not very impressed. I've seen a small trailer/sneak peak or someone showing off the first 5 minutes of the game. I hope this is all just testing the waters and they fix up any and all bugs in this game. I doubt it'll be a major thing but let's just hope that they make some major changes in the future before it is released.

I know it's beta but it looks basic as hell

1. Your avatar looks nothing like the Pokemon humman model. Looks like they stick in bootleged Sims renderings. Very limited options as well.
2. I was expecting the map to actually be tucked away into the corner of your screen as you walked and could just click on it to expand the map. Not watch your character walk on top of a shoddily drawn map like some kind of Sims Godzilla.
3. If this works like the other Ingress apps, people who live in rural areas or towns of small populations are probably screwed in the variety department.

Overall, the testing footage did not impress me, but tbh what could you possibly expect from a free Pokemon mobile app? Not too much. It's a freemium so you can't expect as much effort to be put in as an actual game, but if it's going to remain this underwhelming, I don't forsee using it.

And I hope nobody attempts to use this near moving traffic or while crossing the street. Hun, your safety is more important than that Pidgey hopping along.

LoopyPanda said:
I know it's beta but it looks basic as hell

1. Your avatar looks nothing like the Pokemon humman model. Looks like they stick in bootleged Sims renderings. Very limited options as well.
2. I was expecting the map to actually be tucked away into the corner of your screen as you walked and could just click on it to expand the map. Not watch your character walk on top of a shoddily drawn map like some kind of Sims Godzilla.
3. If this works like the other Ingress apps, people who live in rural areas or towns of small populations are probably screwed in the variety department.

Overall, the testing footage did not impress me, but tbh what could you possibly expect from a free Pokemon mobile app? Not too much. It's a freemium so you can't expect as much effort to be put in as an actual game, but if it's going to remain this underwhelming, I don't forsee using it.

And I hope nobody attempts to use this near moving traffic or while crossing the street. Hun, your safety is more important than that Pidgey hopping along.

Complete agreed. It's one of the problems when you hype a game too much and the result didn't quite meet the expectations. Hopefully, if this does flop, it will tease gaming developers that they need to stick to console/handheld gaming, then focusing on mobile.

The purpose of Pokemon is to introduce new Pokemon and new features that set them apart from last generation. Then, the core is how it made it to be Pokemon. Taking away the core to replace something that's literally a watered down version of it, leaves a rather bad taste in my mouth.

Yeah, I'm hoping that they either delayed the game so it can have some massive overhaul to better improve some areas, or take consideration of things into question. Avatars need to be more reminiscent of Pokemon style (I noticed that despite saying it would connect to the main games, they act like Go doesn't exist...) and bring back to what's makes Pokemon, Pokemon. Otherwise, it would be another fail mobile game.

Got a rapidash on my first day(Yesterday the 7th/16) my local gamestop is the city gym and my local park is a pokestop. Thats pretty freakin cool

SPINAL said:
Got a rapidash on my first day(Yesterday the 7th/16) my local gamestop is the city gym and my local park is a pokestop. Thats pretty freakin cool

Damn dude! My Pokestop is around the corner of my house (it's apparently on the statue of a military cannon tank). I haven't found anything Pokemon around my neighborhood yet, since the game keeps dropping out.

ShineCero said:
SPINAL said:

Damn dude! My Pokestop is around the corner of my house (it's apparently on the statue of a military cannon tank). I haven't found anything Pokemon around my neighborhood yet, since the game keeps dropping out.

My gym location moved to a church(weird) but when I tried to challenge the leader the fight refused to load. Its a shame cuz I knew I was gonna wipe the floor with his ass.
Also why do people have an issue with a 22 year old walking around a park on his cellphone(me) F*ck those ppl man they act like they own the place. When I want my damn cubone i'm gonna get it(still haven't got it).

Haha! That sucks dude. I literally experience the same thing with I was about to caught a Growlithe, but the game frozed. I did managed to caught a Cubone on my street though xD. Ha, forget them man, it's all about catching Pokemon and be the very best! 

They really need to fix the server issues and fast before people lose interest. :think:

ShineCero said:
Haha! That sucks dude. I literally experience the same thing with I was about to caught a Growlithe, but the game frozed. I did managed to caught a Cubone on my street though xD. Ha, forget them man, it's all about catching Pokemon and be the very best! 

They really need to fix the server issues and fast before people lose interest. :think:

Seriously!
also finally challenged the gym.
I had no idea pokemon battles were real time. You have to manually dodge while attacking at the same time...and dude because of this rattata is the pokemon to go for. His attacks are quick and he dodges super easily.

Buuuuut the battle disconnected and I was forced to close the app. Damn it all man One of these days i'm going to try it at my local mall and see where it goes from there. until then I just gotta keep farming the same pokemon to make them stronger....which also suggests that starters are useless.

I don't like game mechanics, because I can't play it "anywhere".

Cannot play it in home/work, because you need to walk there and there.
And I cannot play it outside, because it freaking needs nonstop internet connection, and there is no wifi outside (except some places).

To workaround these problems, I've tried to "fake GPS", but the game was able to recognize such hack and no pokes appeared.
Later today I've read a discussion where people were doing all kind of gps spoofing and location hacking, but (because app needs internet+gps) their servers are able to recognize such activity. And in some cases they ban you, or just ruin your game experience.

I would not need to "hack" if the game would allow me to sit down and hunt/train pokes.
Also if the game would be able to run offline, then I would have a reason for a walk outside.
But nope, it's 2016 and they are not able to implement offline capabilities. Really sucks.

Not to mention "how do I fight this poke" situations when you don't want to capture it, but train your existing ones. Not intuitive.

Oh, and my first feeling was "how can I move? Clicking doesn't work, c mon. How do I get there..." :)

Eruner said:

And I cannot play it outside, because it freaking needs nonstop internet connection, and there is no wifi outside (except some places).

To workaround these problems, I've tried to "fake GPS", but the game was able to recognize such hack and no pokes appeared.
Later today I've read a discussion where people were doing all kind of gps spoofing and location hacking, but (because app needs internet+gps) their servers are able to recognize such activity. And in some cases they ban you, or just ruin your game experience.

I would not need to "hack" if the game would allow me to sit down and hunt/train pokes.
Also if the game would be able to run offline, then I would have a reason for a walk outside.
But nope, it's 2016 and they are not able to implement offline capabilities. Really sucks.

Not to mention "how do I fight this poke" situations when you don't want to capture it, but train your existing ones. Not intuitive.

Oh, and my first feeling was "how can I move? Clicking doesn't work, c mon. How do I get there..." :)

I think the game can be run solely on 3G and 4G without the need of wifi. 

Yeah, there are reports that anything hacking related will net you permanently banned. So if you want to catch Pokes, going outside is the only option.

Speaking of that, I caught a snake when I was outside catching Pokemon. I should really paid more attention to my surroundings. There isn't a gym for miles in my place lol.

ShineCero said:
Eruner said:

I think the game can be run solely on 3G and 4G without the need of wifi. 

Yeah, there are reports that anything hacking related will net you permanently banned. So if you want to catch Pokes, going outside is the only option.

Speaking of that, I caught a snake when I was outside catching Pokemon. I should really paid more attention to my surroundings. There isn't a gym for miles in my place lol.
Well that sucks
And did you hear about the guy who tried to play pokemon go by setting the gps link on his drone and turning ar off? Didn't go so well.

There was a guy who used a drone to use GPS? Imma need that link, broham!

It is possible to catch Pokemon around your home/within your neighborhood's vicinity but it often is pretty spontaneous. I have better luck catching things in my room at night.

Unfortunately if you have limited or no data whatsoever, it would be easier to use it within a free wifi area. I have caught plenty at the supermarket lol

I have alsl caught things whilst in a moving vehicle, but Pokestops and gyms don't load. I don't have any pokemon gyms near me either that don't require a drive around town.

I hope to use this when I start going to school again since I prefer to walk there alone rather than random areas. Nice for when you're out running errands though. 

Whoever goes on 3 a.m. jogs around town though are nuts. That's askin for trouble xD

To be honest, unless you do NOTHING but nonstop Pokemon GO, you won't drain that much data. Over the past week, playing for an average of approximately 2-3 hours outside each time, (I have a pretty damn good battery pack, so my phone is Pokemon GO-proof XD) I have used up a whopping 65.3 MB of data (compared to 105 MB on the GODDAMN NEWS APP). The smallest data plan I've seen is 5 GB from AT&T, so once again, data shouldn't be much of a concern, unless you're that kind of person that watches Youtube on the go, for whatever reason.... With limited data... Yeah...

On another note, my GO journey has been really nice to me. I recently hatched a Bulbasaur (super rare, since starters [including Pikachu] only hatch from 2km eggs, which is full of common-ass pokemon) and found an Onyx as well as a Growlithe. I also have a CP 661 Pidgeot, which is my most powerful Pokemon at the moment, followed by a 554 Weepinbell and 514 Jolteon. I've seen 1200+ Vaporeons around tho, so I'm not sure I can take it. Maybe if I'm careful enough, just maybe...

Ha! That's hilarious.

But it shouldn't be a big deal because Pokemon are randomly generated. This is just a case of bad coincidences.

Back
Top Bottom