DBZ: The Fallen Empire (Chapter 5: Asylum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kire nodded to Koth's request and was willing to help him out with the ship. His eyes then shifted to the sudden force of energy coming from Junior. He narrowed his eyes and listened to Junior's outburst, not liking what he told to Jaz; however, he refused to intervene between the two. He placed his hands into his pockets and watched carefully but he shook his head in a disappointing way.

"Oh boy, that's gonna come back at him..." he sighed.

=====

Jaz was having fun sparring with Junior until the tone in his voice shifted and his attacks seemed more heavy on her body. She started to feel the brunt of his fists even when KABS cuts it in half. It didn't hurt her as much as she thought but pain was still felt. As Junior's attacks got faster and stronger, she did manage to keep up and slip away from a few, showing how far the suit can go. When Junior said his words, Jaz's mind was not thinking about the battle at hand and she took a hit to her side which made her skid across the grass just a couple feet away from Junior. She stared at the floor and balled her hands into fists.

"Oh yeah..?" Her voice was soft at first but it grew into obvious rage. "What about almost getting killed several times just looking for your friend because you were weak? What about getting dragged into a huge mess that you want no part in?!" She quickly stared at Junior's direction. "I didn't asked to be frozen for almost twenty-five years! I didn't ask you to come looking for me! If it was such a big problem to you, then you should've never came and saved us!"

She started to walk in Junior's direction, her fist shaking.

"The girl of your dreams huh..? Glad to know the person you like admitted her feelings to you." Jaz stopped before Junior, her voice even louder than before. "I hope that she's everything you wanted and that she doesn't give you any more pain like I do!" 

Jaz lunged her fist directly at Junior's face but stopped just inches from hitting him. She couldn't bring herself to hit him. The force behind her fist, however, was about ten times stronger than the force she put on Junior at the start of the match. The energy that came out of her fist almost seemed to have a familiar warrior aura almost identical to Junior. The energy felt wasn't from the suit but coming directly from Jaz. The force caused the surrounding ground to shake slightly. Jaz's shoulders quaked while she remained silent but even behind the mask, her pain was obvious. She pushed Junior away from her.

"You're a jerk!" She screamed before running off into the ship.

=====

Kire watched his girl run off and made no attempt to stop her. He pulled out a cigarette and rolled his eyes.

"Alright guys, I think I got enough data." Kire said while looking at the remaining fighters, lighting his cigarette. "Mioi, you can take a break whenever you want, I'm proud at how fast you've learned. Thanks a bunch for giving her a fight, Gogeta." Kire started to walk to Junior with one hand in his pocket and the other fiddling with his smoke. "Koth, you should take everyone inside and begin patching up this ship. I'll help you out as soon as I'm done talking to this kid, in private."

Kire stood just a couple feet from Junior, making sure the wind blew the smoke away from the boy. He didn't seem in any rush and was rather relaxed despite Junior beating and lashing out at Jaz.

Panich's power surged through her, fearing that Junior might let his anger get the better of him. She nearly rushed into the battlefield before feeling his energy disappear. She and the others watched as Jaz retaliated with a strong fist, seeing the gust that she created before rushing away into the ship. Zibarica and Basil's eyes narrowed at Juniors outburst.

"Kire said he's gathered enough data. No need to stick around." Panich instructed them as she made her way to the ship.

Paprika gave Junior an uneasy look as she and Basil followed Panich. Zibarica, however, made his way over to the fusion. He moved Kire out of his way before grabbing onto Juniors collar, holding back the urge to punch him.

"Zibarica!" Basil called to him in a hopeless effort, before sighing as he ignore him.

"You make me sick. You think the whole damn universe revolves around you. Real pain my ass! Don't go throwing yourself a pity party because you screwed up!" The namekians face was inches away from the fusions. "And don't call any of us your friends! Because I'm sure as far as your concerned, we're all just scraps to you! Right, Sellout!?"

----------------------------

Bage followed suit, preparing himself for whatever they would face next.

Mioi flinched at the sudden sensation at her right arm, but she caught movement from her left peripheral field. There! I must complete a field rotation!

Her leg that was further out dug the heel into the dirt, making Mioi lurch forward into a slight crouch as she spun and stuck the other leg out towards to swing out at what had passed by her left side. She was guaranteed at least a glimpse of an extended field of vision, but she caught the outburst between Jaz and Vegetto Jr. 

"Have we missed something?" She asked aloud, holding her hand up in attempt to stop herself from rotating any further and pause the match. The alien seemed relatively oblivious to exactly what went down, in how quickly things took a turn.

Oriko finally found his way out of the ship, looking at the ongoing spar. His jaw dropped, seeing Jaz more or less keeping up with Vegetto Jr.

"Uhh, was I knocked unconscious for another few years? Is this some sort of dream?" He questioned, his jaw dropped.

Appearing in line of sight of where Mioi struck out, Gogeta Jr. grunted and grasped tightly onto her shin, holding it in place.

"Not bad. You didn't even fall for my trick on the other side."

He soon released her leg, however, his attention turning towards the two fighting. His eyes remained narrow, watching on as Jaz stormed back into the ship and Zibarica grasping onto Vegetto Jr.'s collar.

Vegetto Jr. glanced away during the entire outburst from both Jaz and Zibarica, having remained silent with his attention firmly locked into the ground. However, Zi's final words struck at the him, Vegetto Jr. lifting his head back up and meeting Zi's strong glare with one of his own. His aura suddenly flared up once again, black lightning striking violently at the ground around him.

"You will be once I'm done with you!!"

Vegetto Jr. lunged forward, a sudden shift of wind erupting in front of Zibarica. Now standing between the two and having caught Vegetto Jr.'s fist, Gogeta Jr. grunted as he used his shoulder to push Zibarica back a little before facing towards Vegetto Jr.

"Both of you! Cut it out."

Gogeta Jr. blinked, however, caught off guard with Vegetto Jr. rapidly throwing a strong punch into his stomach. The other Saiyan stumbled backwards, nearly collapsing into Zibarica but dropped to one knee before running into him. He clutched his stomach, his eyes wide in confusion as Vegetto Jr. straightened himself upright, his fists still clenched.

"Don't ever touch me again."

Without waiting for a reply, the hybrid suddenly bolted into the sky, soon disappearing into a small purple streak towards space above.

Gogeta Jr. grimaced, rising back up to his feet and descending back down to his normal state.

"Well...great. So that happened."

=============

Kire's Vision Only

"This bodes poorly."

The Dread Saiyan stood a few feet to the side of Kire, his confident smirk strong as he turned to face towards the man with his arms crossed behind his back.

"When he finishes his temper tantrum, he will likely search for the Dragon Balls. Then you know what comes next."

=============

Once the group had fully moved up the stairs, the soon entered into a nearly identical room from the last. Just as the other one, it appeared to be more of an open library more than a combat room, the same voice echoing out in the chamber.

"It seems you proven yourself over the tyrant, who seeks to manipulate the truth and twist it to further his own ends. Tell me, what makes you believe you are any different than him?"

"King Hypo, like certain other members of his kind, have been part of an organization which conquer planets, enslave or wipe out their natural inhabitants and either sell the planet to the highest bidder, conquer it for themselves as to make it a settlement of their own, or destroy it if it has nothing of value for them. We on the other hand live in peaceful co-existence with the inhabitants of the planets we live on and we do not seek universal conquest." Brachi stated, crossing her arms.

Kira looked concerned out of a window where Junior had gone.

---

Solaris thought for a moment. "Because we've learned that friendship is a much, much stronger ability then manipulation. Friendship is what keeps us going. Without our friends, we wouldn't be here. And friends don't lie to each other."

"Look, I know I said I don't like the boy..." He said while taking another breath of his cigarette. "But, I'm not gonna let him turn into you. I'll talk to you once I'm done fixing more important things."

Kire paused for a moment, looking up in the direction of where Junior flew off. He knew he couldn't get the boy back so he thought he might as well start with talking to Jaz. He glanced at Dread and seemed to urge him to follow. He knew he'd talk to him eventually. Kire stepped inside his lab and didn't notice Jaz inside so he attempted to open the room right next to it. It was locked and he knew he found Jaz. 

"Jaz, open the door." Kire sighed, his finger turning into a lock pick. He fiddled with the lock on the door.

"No! Go away!" Jaz yelled from the other side, oblivious to the fact that Kire had already opened the door.

"Now, now, Jaz, that's no way to talk to your father..." Kire said gently. He stared at the circle of boxes Jaz put herself in and smiled. "Think I can come in your castle, Princess Jaz?"

Jaz remained silent but nodded to her father, keeping her back facing him. Kire stepped inside and sat next to his daughter. "What's wrong, cupcake? You usually never get this sad over a boy."

"Junior is such a jerk! He reminded me of his stupid ugly evil self! Why did he have to go and say all that mean stuff?"

"Well, I think Junior's been through a lot while lookin' for us, cupcake. Yeah, he shouldn't have yelled at you, but I don't think callin' him a jerk solved anythin', did it?"

"Not really..." Jaz sighed.

"Y'see Jaz, people aren't exactly on good terms with Junior because they only see the bad he did but fail to see that he's really a hero." Kire stared at Dread, almost as if talking to him too. "Junior did sleep with a hag but if he didn't, they would've never found us. I think what Junior really wants is a bit of appreciation for essentially letting himself get raped. I doubt he's happy about what he did either."

"But he did mostly all of this for the girl of his dreams... I mean, I know he wanted to save his dad and his friends but that one girl really inspired him... She must be somewhere really safe if we've never met her." 

The man stared at his daughter who sniffled slightly under her visor. He tapped on the earpieces to the side and caused the visor to retreat to show a teary Jaz. He cleaned away his daughter's tears and pulled her closer to him, putting one arm around her shoulder. His voice was still gentle.

"Look Jaz, I know you love the boy, but you gotta at least let him explain himself. I think you're the only person he's willing t' talk to, but you gotta give him a chance, Jaz." He ruffled Jaz's hair which caused her to giggle slightly. "But you need t' learn to control your emotions too, Jaz. You can't just go around callin' people jerks."

"I'm sorry..." Jaz frowned. 

"I'm not the one you should be sayin' sorry to, cupcake." Kire smiled. "But I think Junior would really appreciate it, tho'. Sadly, he flew off when he got into a fight with someone. I have no ide--"

"I'll go find him!" Jaz said confidently. She felt better and seem to have her mind set on trying to make things right between her and Junior.

"No, it's too dangerous Jaz." Kire frowned. 

"But daddy, I know I can find him! Besides, I have KABS to protect me!" Jaz rose to her feet. "I know it sounds crazy, but I can sense some energy, especially ones like Junior, Veggie, and the other Saiyans! I can even fly a little bit like them! I don't know where it came from... but I know I'll be able to pin him out and bring him back! Please Daddy!"

Kire stared at Jaz and back at Dread. He did need to talk to Junior but he didn't want Jaz to get herself into a mess. However, after several minutes of thinking, he let out a sigh and scratched his head. 

"Well, okay. Just be careful and don't go around pissin' people off and don't talk to strangers--" Kire was cut off by Jaz kissing his cheek and hugging him tightly before running off like any typical kid would. The man smiled and felt as if he had nothing to worry about and for a second, he forgot he was alone with Dread.

"I see I missed much more than a mere spar." Mioi, commanding the suit to remove her head protection, scratched her head in confusion. "He's gone now and the small one stormed back inside. What caused them to act like that?"

Gogeta Jr. rolled his neck, shrugging his shoulders slightly to catch his bearing.

"It's called love, and it has a nasty habit of always making things worse. Better not to stress about it."

He turned slightly on his heel.

"He's gone at this point, no use trying to go after him. I don't really care if he comes back anymore."

The Saiyan hybrid turned on his heel, Koth lowering his head slightly with a frown before starting to follow after him.

"Hey...I know he deserves it and all. But Junior is still our friend...even if he's made some stupid mistakes."

===========================================

Vegetto Jr.'s eyes remained narrowed, his dark purple aura surging violently around him in his flight towards the depths of space.

I'll just fly back to Earth, and be done with these cursed emotions once and for all. The rest of them can waste their lives fighting, I've had enough of it-

Stopping in mid thought, Vegetto Jr. yelped at the sudden impact on his back, flipping back downwards from the force of the blow. He quickly righted himself in mid air, whirling around to face off against the lone deity floating with his arms crossed behind his back.

"Your battle back at the ship created quite the ruckus. Luckily for you, I managed to finish my meal before you did something stupid."

Beerus kept a stern stare.

"I'm well aware of your future self's path of destruction through his timeline, and given the circumstances with my former attendant's fear of you, I've decided to honor his request in putting an end to your plan. Whether or not it ends in your destruction is your choice."

=============================================

The voice paused at the answers being given, before suddenly flaring up at Brachi's response.

"Peaceful co-existence? Is that why you've answered the call to war at the mention of tyranny whenever it is spoken in your presence? Is that why you led hundreds of ships to their demise, fighting an enemy you had not known from the start? You speak of justice and bringing stability, but in the end, the only things your actions have wrought are chaos and death. Worlds burn for your thirst for vengeance against the tyrannical, peace and stability would've ensured had you not seek to dethrone every tyrant you see and empower subjects who did not want it. Do you feel nothing for the countless lives that have suffered in your wake? For the millions who have died because of your own need for vengeance?"

Vegetto kept his eyes narrowed.

"You've been watching us before we even moved into your sector of the universe, haven't you?"

The voice diminished in its rage slightly.

"We are always watching. Arcann may have stolen decades from your life...but he has stolen far more from the rest of us. So I ask again..."

Vegetto glanced down, having uncrossed his arms and letting them drop to his side while the voice flared up once more.

"Do you feel anything for those who have suffered, while you slept?"

Brachi narrowed her eyes, a tear slipping past her left eye.

"Well, what do you think? Do you really believe that the image of those people did not cross our minds? Well, let me ask you this: what is an utopian state when there are walls around it? If you're afraid and have to be careful with your own opinion? What is the worth of an utopian state where someone who deviates is declared insane? Have you watched us on the moments where we looked after all those other people you've mentioned, saved them from any danger time and time again, and asked for nothing in return? How many lives have those tyrants and/or their subordinates taken without a second thought or remorse? How many worlds have fallen to their might while they had no choice in the matter of being either subjected to their rule or faced with death and destruction of all that they hold dear?" Brachi asked.

"The years taken from us mean nothing compared to what others have lost," Xenest said, taking a more rational route, "we have seen so many battles and witnessed many horrors during those battles... so many lives lost during those incursions and the carnage that came from them... yet we still strive to defend the helpless from all those threats... from intergalactic tyrants to power-hungry instigators and creatures who simply seek destruction of everything... time and again we have defeated our enemies, but we've exacted no retribution... demanded no remuneration... all we wanted is for all those people to see the dawn of a new day, without the danger of being detained by their rulers, where THEY make the decisions in life, not the tyrants. The people shouldn't be afraid of the government, the government should be afraid of the people."

Solaris looked away at the repeat of the question unsure of himself, the doubt forming in his heart, the kind formed not from a revelation that caused one to question himself, but instead the doubt formed from never knowing what you truly were to begin with.

"Kaiser..." He muttered in fury.

"Get real. This is war, not some game on the playground." Zibarica walked ahead, adding in his opinion. "You don't get to pick and chose whose on your team."

Panich came up from behind Koth to agree with his point.

"Yes, but there was no need at all to get him all riled up. you're only fueling his reason to join the other team. This may be war, but you're acting as if it is some sort of game by fighting and trying to get ubder his skin."

Zibarica rolled his eyes and turned to the princess.

"Please, don't lecture me about this, he's the one who wanted to throw us all away-"

"But you've made an even bigger mistake by throwing him away." Panich narrowed her eyes at the namekian and walked passed the group and into the ship, turning to them briefly to finish her thought. "You all should know how this will turn out, because we've turned allies into enemies in the past. Stop thinking about this like an ignorant child and start thinking like a warrior."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Bage stayed quiet while Brachi and Xenest argued their point with the voice, the question asked of them gave him a guilty feeling in the pit of his stomach. 

"No..." Bage finally answered, turning to them. "As much as it hurts me to admit it, we're wrong. We haven't been feeling anything for them at all up until this point... Everyone in the universe has been suffering because of us. We feel the need to fight every chaotic being that comes our way, and others are powerless against the aftermath. we fight and fight without any thoughts of neutrality in mind or even how our actions may affect others. I know we fight for peace and all, but we need to open our eyes to how much is at risk."

His eyes softened as he continued, "Our emotions our so tied up with our current battles, that we rarely think about any of what our mess has left behind until after it's are over and done with. And then we rely on the dragon balls to wish back any go back to the endless cycle of fighting any enemy that comes our way. So no. we haven't felt anything for them... But I hope it's not too late to start..."

Jaz rushed out the ship in a fast pace, almost as if she was in a hurry. She noticed Gogeta and Koth and jumped over their heads in one jump before taking an uneasy flight into the air. She wobbled for a couple moments but remembered what Junior and Dread told her about flying and using her energy. She focused her energy to release from her feet and balanced herself in midair. She turned to Gogeta Jr. and Koth, waving at them.

"Go-cheeta, Kothy! Take care of daddy please! I'mma bring back Junior!" Jaz smiled at the two before hiding behind the visor and flying off in the same direction Junior went. She wasn't as fast as the others but she gradually increased her speed as she flew out of sight.

Jaz kept her attention set on a familiar energy signature very far away from her. Every once in a while, she would slow down or even drop because she wasn't used to flying nor had exact control of her energy yet. She kept her focus on Junior's faint energy and often struggled to fly while trying to remain focus on him. She grew tired after staying afloat and searching for what felt like hours. She grew worried since the sun was close to setting and she didn't know how long she could last with KABS. She focused her sights in a direction and flew off as fast as she could towards Junior.

=========

Kire let out a sigh before snapping himself out of his emotional ties with Jaz. He left the room and rushed to his lab for a moment. He typed away a code and his computer started to download something. He fiddled around the back of his head and pulled out what looked to be a small chip and inserted it into his laptop. He smiled to himself and only typed out the name: Helga.

He left his lab and started to whistle a tune to himself. He seemed happy at whatever he began to download on his computer. He seemed to have more plans in store.

"Now, time to work on this bad girl." He said tapping the wall of the ship. "Might need Koth's help for this one."

Both Gogeta Jr. and Koth glanced away at Panich's scolding, the Junior holding a stern expression while Koth frowned in his guilt. Their attention both turned up at the sound of Jaz's voice, watching her bolt off into the sky without a response.

Gogeta Jr. collected himself first, nodding towards the ship.

"Well, you heard her. We'd best get inside anyway and get to work fixing this ship up: the sooner we can leave, the better."

===================================

Vegetto Jr. grunted, his hand tightly caught in Beerus' palm, twitching heavily in his transformed state. The God of Destruction had both of the hybrid's arms locked down using only his left arm, grasping at both of Vegetto Jr.'s wrists. He slowly raised his own right hand, an open palm inches from Vegetto Jr.'s face.

"Your death will be quick, in respect towards your father."

Vegetto Jr.'s eyes widened, watching on as a small pulse of purple energy shook the atmosphere of the planet in its entirety.

"Hakai."

====================================-

The voice had remained silent, Vegetto having kept his head bowed before it flared up once again at the end of the comments, directing its wrath at Brachi and Xenest.

"Then you truly have no direction of your self righteous justice. You claim you want nothing, demand nothing, but your aim is clear. You seek to arm the incompetent masses with power better suited in the hands of those who could make a better life for all. As our immortal Emperor has crafted an empire of peace and prosperity, while you constantly seek to wage war for reasons you don't even comprehend."

The voice scoffed.

"All because of your own personal vendettas, of seeing too many wield that power irresponsibly. But you have not thought it through: how many of those simple citizens have shown the competence to make decisions for all? How many of those normal people, who want nothing more than to live in peace and prosper, know how to benefit their fellow man? When they do nothing but think of themselves, desperate to be saved by the good will of others."

Vegetto lifted his chin, his attention turning to the growing power on the opposite end of the room.

"As you always answer their glaring call, never once attempting to break free of the cycle you alone are responsible for. Wanting to empower those who are incompetent to create change best for everyone. You may not share the intention of those evil tyrants that you disdain so heavily, but you share their failures. You, who have seen the universe through only one pair of eyes: your own."

Senya tensed at the sight of the figure moving forward, watching the slender purple tail land on the floor calmly. The familiar glare of the monster locked specifically onto Brachi, Vegetto quickly clenching his fists together.

"Look upon your creation with the same hatred he has for you. Share in his own emotions, and finally realize that you and him are one in the same. Selfish and destructive, wanting only their own beliefs to champion out at the expense of others."

=====================

Boss Battle

latest

Janembuu, Pawn of the Masters

Powers: Absorbed the direct power of Dread Master Bestia, capable of outclassing the strongest Saiyan transformations. No exploitable weakness, capable of regeneration and absorbing targets. Originally defeated by only the combined might of the Z-Fighters and the Dread Masters, Janembuu retains all of his former power in this encounter and is nearly indestructible.

Personality/Focus: Extensive history with Vegetto normally determines his focus, but imbued with power of the mysterious Scions, Janembuu's new focus is in extreme prejudicial hatred of Brachi. Will occasionally switch targets based on damage received, but chance is rare. 

Rules of Engagement: AUTOWOUNDING AND AUTOHITS WITH POWERFUL ENERGY ATTACKS ARE ALLOWED, BUT NO CHAIN COMBOS PER SINGLE PLAYER. One turn per character; multiple posts can be made for characters controlled by a single player for variety. Chain combos through coordinated attacks with other players are allowed, but each character involved must be controlled by a different player.

Success Chance: 15%

Brachi narrowed her eyes at the comments, before spotting Janembuu, making her growl, but then she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Easy, Brachi. You shouldn't let your hatred guide your actions. I know you have a bone to pick with him because of what he did to you years ago, but you have to keep your focus. At times it's better to just... let it go, no matter how hard it is." Xenest said.

Brachi remained silent as she looked at her husband.

"Please, do it for yourself... for me... for our children." He said.

Brachi nodded, popping her neck as she regained her focus, her gaze moving to Janembuu, her power spiking up as she got in a defensive stance.

"Alright what the heck was that?" Kira asked walking down to infront of Koth and group concerned by the power she sensed and the shockwaves.

---

Solaris looked at the monster across from him, going back to full power.

"What's the plan Vegetto?" He asked.

Jaz was getting very tired and out of breath due to how much energy she used in order to fly. She obviously used more energy than she needed to but she was still new to the whole energy thing. She managed to see two small beings in the distance and knew that it had to be Junior. She took a deep breath and used all the energy she had left to rush towards them as fast as she could. For just a split second, there was a light purple aura surrounding her, similar to how the Saiyans get when they fly at fast speeds.

Behind her visor, she squinted her eyes and let out a yell identical to what Vegetto did when he powers up. To Junior and Beerus, they would just see a little dot getting bigger and bigger with no intentions of stopping. Jaz's speed got faster the closer she got to the two but it was obvious that she didn't know how to slow herself down. She started to spin out of control and her courageous battle cry from earlier turned into one of worry. 

"KABS, Help me out!" Jaz cried to the suit.

::I am afraid that I have no control of mid-air travel. Your power is beyond my current capabilities, Lady Jaz. I recommend preparing for impact in the next 5 seconds while I enhance your shields.::

Jaz's eyes widen upon viewing how close and fast she was heading to the two warriors. She held her arms out in front of her to try and soften the blow for whoever she crashed on to. Her voice was able to be heard.

"Mayday! Mayday! Mayday!"

====

Kire walked to what he assumed to be the main control room and took in a deep breath. 

"Smells like this bad girl needs some repairs." Kire smirked. "Good thing ya' boy is here, eh?"

Kire didn't wait for Koth any longer and began to work on one of the control panels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom