DBZ: The Fallen Empire (Chapter 5: Asylum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gogeta Jr.'s eyes widened a bit at Kire's explanation of the suits, crossing his arms at the end of Panich's skepticism.

"Well, hopefully it's not exaggerated. In any case, it's better to test them out and see if they can handle their power."

Kire broke out into a small smirk.

"Oh man, a chance to see Junior here finally get his ass handed to him?"

Vegetto Jr. frowned.

"Hey...Vaylin's been doing that for years."

Koth grunted in response, narrowing his eyes slightly.

"More like she handed hers to you."

Vegetto Jr.'s eyes narrowed in response, opening his mouth to respond only for Gogeta Jr. to cut in.

"Alright, stop it. Let's drop it for now, and go see the suits in action."

Vegetto Jr. grunted back in response, following after Jaz and Mioi after they brushed past him with crossed arms and leading the others outside of the ship.

===============

Standing with Gogeta Jr. and the others a few feet away, Koth eagerly tapped onto a small rectangular pad. Holding it up to the three in front, he kept a smirk as he spoke.

"Alright, I got the video online for this. Junior gets his traitor ass beaten, part one!"

Vegetto Jr. grunted in response, turning his head back towards Jaz and Mioi now about twenty meters away from him on the opposite side of the open plain.

"Ok well we should probably do a small energy test first. See if you can absorb some of my energy....how about ten percent to start?"

The hybrid suddenly launched his right arm up, his fingers fully stretched upwards with his thumb in the middle of his palm.

"Big Bang Attack!!"

In an instant, a massive purple energy blast developed in front of Vegetto Jr.'s palm, firing forward and rapidly closing in on Jaz and Mioi.

================

King Hypo snarled, stumbling forward from Brachi and Bage's combined strikes on his back. He managed to whirl around in time for their final strike, however, having launched his right elbow into Bage's stomach before the Saiyan could land his hammer fist down onto him. Bage's arms still smacked the Arcosian however, and bolted backwards across the ground from his fists and Brachi's kicks shortly after.

King Hypo slowly rose to his feet, dusting his shoulder off. The rage filled expression on his face had completely disappeared, breaking out into a strong, confident smirk.

"Not bad, you're a lot stronger than I remember for sure. But a few more Dread Saiyans and a couple of new forms won't be enough. I even have one of my own."

The Arcosian roared, the room shaking violently in response to his suddenly explosion of energy. His normally white skin rapidly darkened into a glossy shade of pitch black, purple lightning surging around his body after completing his transformation in mere seconds.

"Now...die!!"

King Hypo bolted forward, the ground beneath his feet exploding outwards in closing the gap to Brachi, ignoring Bage entirely as he launched a barrage of fists into the Golden Demigod.

===================

Vegetto kept his eyes narrowed, glancing over his shoulder towards Solaris.

"You have to dig deep, the power of a god is within your core. But the ki will never come out on its own...you have to find it and bring it out first."

He turned back towards the fight with a frown.

"It won't be easy...but you just have to look for an energy signature you've never felt before. Once you've found it, use it to power your Super Saiyan transformation and you'll experience a rush you've never felt before."

Golden Demigod Brachi defended herself against the onslaught of sudden fists, before using a Super Explosive Wave to throw King Hypo off.

"You first, fool!" Brachi snarled, before proceeding to charge at him, performing the Meteor Crash to deliver a multitude of punches and kicks against him, before blasting him away using the Double Galick Cannon, intending to buy enough time for Solaris to ascend.

"Yeah, Daddy is super cool and really smart!" Jaz laughed, nodding to Paprika. "He made me using just a drop of his blood back when he was alive. I'mma show you how strong these suits are and how smart my daddy is!" 

Jaz stood, ready on the field looking at Junior.

:: I assure you Madam Mioi, I will not initiate Self-Destruct sequence unless you order me to. Your limbs will also remain in tact. You will remain perfectly safe with me, I am 99.99% sure of this. ::

====

Kire stayed behind for a second and seemed to be typing something away on his computer. Panich's comment made him chuckle but he understood the skepticism she had. Even he knew he made very bold statements.

"I understand your doubt, your highness." Kire said without batting an eye from his work. A beeping noise came from his computer and a small click was heard. Kire opened a nearby hatch and pulled out several tiny black hearing devices. "But I assure you, these suits are impressive. Impressive enough to maybe impress you, m'lady~"

Kire smiled at Panich and bowed his head respectively to the woman. It was rather odd since he was a jerk to Junior and his father. It was obvious that he only singled out the boy and his father but was a pretty nice guy to everyone else. He walked to the door eager to see how well his suits worked.

"C'mon your highness, I would like for you to see the potential of KABS."

====

When Junior fired off his first attack, she didn't know exactly how the suits would work so she instinctively held her arms out to cover her head and face. The diamond centerpiece of the suit blinked once and the same voice from before appeared only for Jaz and Mioi to hear.

:: Ki blast incoming. Initiating permanent Ki absorption. ::

While the blast sped to the girls, it would quickly dissipate and split into two separate tendril-like beams that were sucked up by the suits effortlessly. While the suits finished absorbing the energy, the green 'K' and purple streamlines began to glow. The girls remain unharmed and didn't even feel a thing during the whole moment. KABS would speak once again.

:: Ki absorption successful. ::

====

Kire rushed in to the action only to see the blast absorbed like he predicted. He jumped in the air with a fist held high. He seemed to have an inner child of his own and be thrilled to see how awesome his girls looked and how perfectly KABS worked.

"Yeah! That's what I'm talking about!" Kire cheered. "Jaz, why don't you fight Junior and show 'im what you're made of! Mioi, you should spar with Gogeta's boy and show him your moves as well. Show 'em that you guys can punch as hard as they can!"

Jaz instantly turned her head to Junior and wanted to take out a bit of anger on him. She got in a familiar fighting stance, the same one she did when they first met. Her body disappeared in an instant, far faster than anything Jaz or even Red Mist were naturally capable of. She appeared before Junior with her fist slammed against his stomach. The force caused the grass to fly off in the ground, creating a large gust of wind behind Junior. Jaz was amazed since she didn't even use her full strength but she seemed to use her anger trip against Junior.

"That's for all the times I had to wash your dishes!"

(You have full control over what KABS does and say Loopy. I'll let you know if I need to control both suits. She's all yours!)

Kira blinked watching.

"Abomination..." She muttered.

---

Solaris grunted in reply to Vegetto.

"Analyzing your own state... Yes... The power of the gods is mine! And I will add your's to it!" He exclaimed yellow overlaying on his blue before starting to turn the purple of Dread Saiyan.

"THE POWER OF CREATION IS WITHIN MY VIENS!" He yelled. He was in both forms simutainously, purple being the color of his armor, eyes, and hair. But his veins were blue. And he had both auras.

(Coolio! I'll use the same way you did for her speaking voice then since I tend to bold and italicize Mioi's telepathic dialogue (seems I forgot to the last few posts... oh well!))

"I have no idea how to operate this contraption, so I invite you to come for me, my comrade. If there are limits to what this suit can do, we will find them here." Mioi got in her own stance opposite Gogeta Jr., though she mimicked how the others would pose in previous fights. "KABS, may you track his movements so I may learn them later?"

:: Recording initiated. ::

"Now it is time to really learn how to fight on even grounds." Mioi didn't phrase such a sentinent in arrogance, but was determined to adopt how the others in the group tended to fight. She knew that to be a formidable opponent, she had much more to do than let the suit absorb all the Ki possible. Holding one hand out palm-up, she flicked her fingers in a come-hither motion, nodding once.

Vegetto Jr. hacked heavily, his eyes widened to the brim as he blasted backwards across the grass. Dirt exploded out from around his feet as he slowly slid to a halt a few feet away. His legs shook slightly, the hybrid dropping to one knee and clutching his stomach with his left arm.

"Kami....that hurt. I haven't been hit that hard since...dad..."

He lifted his head, smirking before rising back up to his feet and clenching his fists tightly together.

"Those suits really do the trick like Kire said, amazing! Looks like I won't have to hold back on you then!"

Vegetto Jr.'s muscles tensed heavily, erupting into a thunderous roar as a dark purple aura of violent energy shot up from underneath his boots. Engulfed in the dark ominous glow, he exhaled deeply, sparks of black lightning erupting around his body while his hair had morphed into a strong white flame.

"And this..."

Vegetto Jr. suddenly bolted forward, wind blasting Jaz first before a strong right fist connected to the metal mask covering her cheek.

"Is for having to endure all of those cold nights without the blankets you hogged!"

======================

Gogeta Jr. shook his head once at Kire's suggestion.

"No thanks...I don't really fight too much anymore. It'd be a waste."

Koth kept a grin, pushing on the Saiyan's back.

"Oh c'mon Gogeta, you two are the strongest fighters we have in the rebellion! Zi and I are pretty far off from you two, go test those suits out!"

Gogeta Jr. furrowed his brow, letting out a sigh in defeat in response.

"Alright, fine. Just a little spar though."

The Saiyan turned his attention towards Mioi, his eyes narrowing at her gesture waving him on. Gogeta Jr. roared immediately, the same dark purple aura shooting up from underneath his boots yet his hair only changing into a matching shade of purple in comparison to Junior's flame.  His left arm shot up, a ball of dark purple energy violently surging at the end of his palm.

"Big Bang Attack!"

The blast rapidly shot forward, the wind and ground both tearing away as it approached Mioi. The ground behind behind Mioi trembled slightly, Gogeta Jr.'s body also twitching slightly in appearance.

==========================

King Hypo rocked along with Brachi's blows, sliding across the ground from the impact of her strikes. He grunted, quickly correcting himself shortly afterwards and launched his right fist forward into Brachi's cheek, blasting backwards from the energy shot from her Double Galick Cannon seconds later. He snarled in response, but blinked at the sudden energy output from Solaris, turning his attention towards the newly transformed Saiyan.

Vegetto blinked as well, stepping back slightly.

"That was fast..."

Brachi grunted at the punch, but she recovered swiftly and used the distraction to power an energy shield around her, which would make King Hypo get hurt for the time it was active when he was getting close, before she suddenly fired a sudden energy wave at the Arcrosia, before unleashing a multitute of energy blasts afterwards at him, smiling as she apparently saw each blast making a hit on him.

At the same moment, Xenest moved in with his Alsiel form and fired several Dark Hadoukens at the Acrosian to assist Brachi.

"Atta boy! Give us a good show!" Zibarica chuckled as Gogeta landed on the battle ground.

"Go Jaz and Mioi, Show them what you're made of!" Paprika cheered.

Panich seemed slightly intrigued as she watched Jaz's body suit absorb Junior's big bang attack. She turned to Kire once more, after he convinced Gogeta junior to go test Mioi's suit.

"Is it safe to assume that their suits can also use the absorbed ki against their opponent as blasts?" 

"Yeah, I'd like to see Junior's ass get charred." Zibarica agreed, smirking as the Saiyan princess rolled her eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Bage watched Solaris's transformation in awe and smiled, "Alright Solaris!" 

He then turned back to the battle, pulling his arms back.

"KAMEHAMEHA!" He grunted as the blue energy blast made its way toward King Hypo, at the same moment as Brachi and Xenest's attacks. He hoped that a barrage of all of their blasts combined would be enough to keep him subdued for a few seconds.

Kira not wanting to see any more of this offense to everything she knew walked into the ship.

---

Solaris looked right into Hypo's eyes.

"It was an easy thing to do, to look inside myself and notice something new. Spent years being tortured just to unlock Super Saiyan, this suit tells me everything about myself. Now." He clenched a fist as blue energy shone from within. "I WAS BUILT TO DESTROY YOUR KIND DEMON! THIS IS GAIA'S REVENGE!" He cupped his hands, blue plasma and purple ki pouring into them to create an expanding orb. An orb, where the blue was the sea, and the purple formed the landmasses. He rushed towards the destroyer as the orb grew to be twice his size, hoping that the will and strength of all of the destroyed planets from Freiza's organization were with him in his true task. He flew into the air and fired it downwards, praying for the strength of his masters.

Jaz offered a wave to Paprika's cheer only to get punch across the field by Junior. She growled under her breath while skidding to a stop. She paused for a moment to realize that the punch didn't hurt as much as she thought, especially after Junior powered up. 

"KABS, why didn't his punch hurt so much? He's powered up and he should be hitting a lot harder." Jaz questioned.

:: I have a very dense outer shell. Damage from punches are lowered to about 50% of their usual force. The side of the visor are also padded to lessen any further damage. This effect lasts as long as I am powered up. ::

"That's awesome! Now I can finally give Junior a piece of my mind!"

She managed to glance at Junior once again before dashing towards him, similar to how she did with Vaylin. Her feet were no longer touching the ground when she tackled Junior to the floor, rolling with him. She pinned the man between her legs and gripped at his shirt, pulling him closer to a hard punch she delivered to his face. This was similar to how Junior and Jaz first met and how they fought. 

"Oh yeah?!" Jaz growled. "This is for all the times you ate the last slice of pizza!" Jaz aimed another punch to Junior's face.

====

Kire watched the kids fumble around and it made him chuckle. He thought it was cute seeing them roll around like a pair of angry siblings. He turned his head to Panich and Zibarica. 

"Well, technically yes." Kire nodded but crossed his arms, looking back at Jaz and Junior bickering at each other. "Thing is, it drains a lot of energy from KABS. I still need to find a way to program less energy usage. Shouldn't be too hard once I gather a little bit of the results. But as long as KABS absorbs energy through ki blasts and physical contact, I don't think there should be a big problem."

Kire smacked himself on the forehead, remembering he needed to introduce himself to the Saiyan Princess.

"Pardon my rudeness, I haven't even properly introduced myself to you, m'lady." Kire bowed his head again. "I am Kire Rebbel, father of Jaz Rebbel. Hope I can prove myself useful to you and aid you in battle." He took Panich's hand and kissed the top of it like any gentleman would. "Of course, a beautiful lady like yourself should be able to handle anything that comes her way." 

Kire winked to the princess and straighten himself out. His eyes tracked down everything that Jaz and Mioi were doing but it looks as if he got most of the information he needed. He stayed only to take a bit of pleasure from watching Jaz beat up Junior. The way the two bickered only reminded him of his own arguments with his wife. 

"Show him your moves Jaz!" He called out. "Show him how we Rebbels fight!"

"Down, Tiger. she's married." Zibarica warned.

Panich gave an awkward smile to Kire, she had not been given such treatment since long ago when she worked under Frieza. It was uncomfortable to say the least.

"There's no need to be so formal.." Panich said. "But thank you..."

She turned back to the others to watch them battle, studying the effectiveness of the suit.

Mioi dug her heels into the dirt as the blast was rapidly approaching. 

This is the power I want this suit to test! Mioi's eye narrowed as she commanded the suit, recognizing that signature purple color.

Absorb it. She broke into a sprint towards the blast itself, a fist pulled back as she charged. 

:: Understood. Initiating absorption. :: 

Once the suit began its execution, Mioi came through the blast range with a low leap; her right fist was aimed for Gogeta Jr.'s stomach.

Vegetto Jr. kept a smirk, having caught Jaz's fist in his open palm, creating a small explosion of wind out from the impact.

"You mean the pizza I bought?! With money you never had?!"

The hybrid lifted his upper body off the ground slightly despite being pinned underneath Jaz's legs, soon erupting into another thunderous roar as his grip tightened around Jaz's fist. Vegetto Jr. quickly slung Jaz over his head with only his free arm, slamming her onto the green grass hard enough to crack the hard dirt and rock surface below. Having already readjusted himself, Vegetto Jr. rapidly followed the slam up by spinning on his right hand dug into the ground, both of his legs striking Jaz in her left ribs to send her flying across the ground.

===============

Mioi's fist sailed through Gogeta Jr., revealing the body to be a mere afterimage of the Saiyan who stood there moments before. The sound of his voice came out from where Mioi had originally stood before the firing of the blast, at the exact location of the small tremor on the ground from behind Mioi that occured earlier.

"Not bad, the suit can even absorb the volatile energy of a Dread Saiyan. I had already planned out this move, to either make sure you didn't die if the suit couldn't handle my attack. Or show you that power is only a fraction of winning a fight."

His eyes remained narrowed.

"Did the Jedi not teach you to use all of your senses? If you only rely on your eyes to track me, then you'll leave your brain easily deceived just as you were tricked into attacking a vision of me. Combine your senses, use all of them to predict my movements, and you will be much more capable than a weakling wielding a weapon beyond their control."

================

Koth rubbed his chin, having leaned over towards Kire during the combat between the four.

"So...how much zeni would I need to fork over to get a suit of my own? Purely for...err...fashion reasons, of course."

=================

King Hypo winced slightly, sliding backwards across the ground as he tanked the incoming blasts from Brachi. He swung wildly upwards, slapping away a few of Xenest's dark beams but dropping down to one knee after taking a couple to his back. The smoke along the Arcosian's body continued to billow, the King's eyes widening at the massive beam launched by Solaris striking him head on before violently erupting in the middle of the room. The force of the blasts knocked all combatants in opposite directions, each warrior slamming heavily into the walls before the energy began to die down slowly.

Once the energy had dispersed, the room revealed only a crater of black charred ash where King Hypo had stood moments ago. Vegetto grunted, clutching his side as he stood back up.

"Looks like...we got him."

Kire laughed at Zibarica and waved his hand apologetically. He scratched the back of his head, his infamous carefree laugh bellowed out.

"Trust me, I'm married too! Haha!" He offered a wide smile and a thumbs up. "I just think ladies should be treated with respect, y'know. A woman's charm can be considered to be extremely dangerous. Keep on a girl's good side and you'll live to see another day."

Overhearing Koth's little remark, it made him laugh even harder. He gave the man a friendly punch on his shoulder. The same arm wrapped around his shoulders

"Well, buy me a strong drink and maybe I'll give ya' somethin' that'll fancy ya more than these suits." With the same hand he pointed to the Gravestone and tapped at the gun strapped on his back. "I could help you out with your precious ship and maybe give ya' a more powerful gun if I got some time on my hands, free of charge. How's that sound?"

===

Jaz flew across the field but was quickly back on her feet. The inside of her visor outlined Junior and soon her body disappeared from view. In small bursts, Junior felt a flurry of punches from all angles but Jaz was no where to be seen. She yelled at Junior once again, still driving her anger on him in her childish remarks.

"You mean the money you took from your dad?!" Jaz smirked. "I'mma tell your dad you used up all his credit cards on video games! You're so grounded!"

While Jaz mocked and teased Junior, she appeared in front of him, giving him a hard punch to the face and vanishing to deliver another to his gut and another to his side and back and so on. The punches not only hurt but were also distracting. It was obvious that she seemed to be playing with him, even behind her anger, she still truly cared about him. Even while she mocked him, she still manage to laugh.

"Beginning... Power down sequence... Thank you masters..." Solaris muttered his energy faltering for a second before shaking his head. "I feel like I finally did something for those monsters. A love hate relationship with my dead gods."

Zibarica chuckled at Koth's request. "What, are battle suits the new raging trend?" He teased.

Panich simply watched the sparring between the four, or to Jaz and Junior, venting session. She seemed pleased with the armors ability to withstand such blows from the dread saiyan.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Bage sighed and smiled, "hehe, well that's one! Nice one, Solaris."

Mioi didn't move from her spot, seeming to ponder things over. Then she remembered the vibrations coming from the ground.

Of course! I completely ignored the vibrations from all directions. A beginner's mistake that could have killed me in any other scenario. She dug her heel into the dirt to scold herself silently before returning to the spar at hand. 

"I understand." Mioi looked at the torn-up ground again and dug her heel into it to launch herself forward at a boosted momentum, but her movements were more guarded than before. Having a foot farther forward than the other, she decided to go for Gogeta Jr. directly rather than just use her laser. She was prepared to make a rotation once she landed.

"Eh?" Oriko heard the fighting from inside the ship, prompting him to turn his casual walk into a higher paced "gallop" of sorts. Since he was still recovering from the blast he took, he couldn't quite run or fly yet. "If the others are in trouble, I'll need to help.. guys?!"

Vegetto Jr. grunted, his eyes narrowing slightly in his arms raising up, parrying the blows flying his way. The tension in his arms showed his effort level rising to keep pace, his voice coming out labored.

"Grounded?! Tch..you..really think...I care about...that?"

The hybrid's aura suddenly flared up from underneath his boots, a noticeable rise in the boy's power flaring up suddenly. His tone shifted slightly from the playful banter to one indicating his underlying rage, contained yet starting to break loose. Vegetto Jr. recollected himself, parrying Jaz's last fist strike and using the opening to launch into an offensive flurry of punches, shifting his aim around her sides.

"Try spending twenty five years hunting down your stupid best friend, finding out her stupid recklessness didn't get her killed. Try risking the small scraps and friends you have left in the universe for the love of your life, only to have more than just your hope stolen from you by an evil bitch!"

The aura continued to flare up dramatically, the power and speed behind Vegetto Jr.'s punches escalating steadily beyond visible sight.

"Try waiting most of your life for the girls of your dreams to admit her feelings, then shun you around for the rest of the day because she's just too damn proud to let it finally become more! That...is real pain!"

Vegeto Jr.'s eyes went wide, his dark purple aura suddenly dissipating away as he abruptly stopped his assault and leaving him completely open to a counter attack.

====================

Koth cringed a little at Kire's suddenly punch on his shoulder, uneasily chuckling along with Zibarica and Kire.

"You know the latest trends...beating up people as strong as the Juniors is always in style. I'll have to pass on the gun...but if you can work that sort of magic on this baby..."

He glanced back towards the ship.

"There's no way Arcann would be able to stop us."

Koth's attention then suddenly turned to Vegetto Jr.'s sudden explosion of energy, blinking and standing uneasily at the feeling of the ominous energy surging around him.

===========================================

Gogeta Jr. kept narrowed eyes, studying Mioi as she closed in on him. His arms tensed, the air around the Saiyan exploding outwards. His body visibly leaned forward, but remained stationary in its spot.

As Mioi landed near the Saiyan, a small breeze of wind shot past Mioi's right arm. The ground to Mioi's left, however, denting slightly from an unseen force.

===========================================

Senya kept her arms at her sides, her attention turning to the metal door that suddenly shot up into the ceiling. The robed Scions had disappeared completely from the room, the energy protecting the walls having dissipated away.

"It will only get harder from her. I'll lead us to the next trial."

The woman moved forward, breaking out into a small sprint with Vegetto in tow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom