DBZ: The Fallen Empire (Chapter 5: Asylum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yeesh, why does everyone gotta get so intimidating when making deals?" Kire shrugged. "Anyways, I'll work on your armor as soon as I'm done with my upgrades. In the meanwhile, I'll think about that warning."

Kire turned on his chair and allowed Helga to finish the remainder of his arm. He wiggled his fingers and performed a quick test before moving to the KABS cores and using the same technique he performed on Solaris's armor to the cores. Interactable holograms appeared before the man, and he typed out several things on a keyboard, also a hologram. While he worked, Helga's arms shifted from KABS to Kire's back and fired a little laser around the majority of it, mostly to burn away the layer of skin and peel it away from his mechanical components. 

"Shall I begin adding the programs of the translocators and full body invisibility to your system, Master?" 

"Yeah. By the way, how's the progress on Mioi's new toy?"

"It is coming out wonderfully. I am positive it will better suit Mioi's needs as well as bring out the best in her potential."

"Well, that's the idea..." Kire yawned loudly before turning his attention back to the several holograms branching out before him. "Guess I should hurry up and fix KABS, who knows when we will fight again... In the meanwhile, go and run a diagnostic on that kid's armor and see what is wrong with it. Probably nothin' serious..."

The mechanical parts that were upgrading Kire's arms shifted to Solaris's armor, lifting it up and gently placing it on a nearby workbench. The arms zapped away at some parts, careful not to ruin anything of the armor before running her full scan to see where the problem lied. 

=====

Jaz's eyes widen, the blush over her cheeks darkening as she listened intently on Junior's words. However, she felt safe in his arm, nuzzling her face on the side of his chest as she longed to for several years. A warm sensation filled her up now that she finally got her answer.

"You know Junior..." Jaz leaned her body closer to his. "I felt the same way for a long time. I wish I could've told you sooner."

She paused, staring intently at the stars as she carefully built up her courage. Her heart fluttered, and despite her outspoken personality, she had trouble admitting her true feelings to someone. After a minute, Jaz took a deep breath, assumingly trying to ease her nerves, and cleared her throat. 

"You probably waited 25 years for me to say this..." Jaz turned her gaze from the stars directly to Junior. Her voice turned to a whisper while her green eyes locked with his own.

"I... I love you, Junior."

Gogeta Jr. perked his eyebrows up, his right wrist loudly beeping with a glowing light. He lifted his arm up, tapping on the mechanical keyboard for a few seconds before excitedly turning to Koth, showing the small glowing light on his screen.

"Get these coordinates punched in now."

Koth raised an eyebrow, staring down at the screen for only a second before lifting his head back up.

"Odessan? Why in the world are we heading out there?"

Gogeta Jr. quickly picked up his feet, jogging lightly towards the exit while waving his hand dismissively.

"You'll see Koth: it's all coming together!"

Koth grunted lightly in annoyance after Gogeta Jr. departed the cockpit, Vegetto's narrowed eyes turning from the exit to Koth, who sighed lightly.

"Well...we're still stuck out here anyway until that hyperdrive is fixed."

============

Vegetto Jr. met her eyes with the same warm stare, his smile rising slightly and his cheeks turning red at Jaz's admission.

"I love you too."

He slowly leaned his head down, his eyes beginning to flutter shut only for them to rapidly explode wide open from the sound of the automatic steel doors loudly sliding open. Gogeta Jr. promptly entered the room, catching his breath and grinning slightly.

"Junior, you gotta hear this-"

He blinked in confusion, glancing between the two.

"Oh...am I interrupting something?"

Jaz immediately turned her head to the door only to see Gogeta Jr. In a way, she was relieved it wasn't her father but embarrassed that the boy caught them in a particular moment. Her face turned red, redder than her moment with Junior, and her body shook with anger since Gogeta Jr ruined their moment. She jolted up to her feet and pointed at Gogeta.

"Gogeta you jerk!" Jaz stomped her foot, angrily getting closer to Gogeta, nagging. "Were you raised in a barn or something?! Did no one ever teach you how to knock?! Don't you know how rude it is to just barge in?! I should send you to some faraway planet so that they teach you some damn manners?! Don't you know it's bad to barge in on a lady?! I should tell my dad you were sneaking a peek at me! He'll rip you apart!" Jaz stopped before Gogeta Jr, gripping his shirt and pulling him into a headlock, yanking at his hair, still red from embarrassment. 

"I'mma tell Vegetto to mail you straight to Vaylin so you can replace Junior and be her new toy! I 'outta mail you myself! Hmph! Now tell me, what the hell is so important that you had to interrupt my very important talk with Junior?! And it better be good before I rip your head off, you jerk! Pest! Meanie! Clod! Stupid!"

"Somehow, I don't think peace and quiet will be possible on this ship..." Mioi joked, crossing her arms as she heard the remnants of the outbursts going on nearby. "I was already used to calling people Master back at the Academy anyway, so not using it out of habit feels even stranger. Let us find a more suitable area to spend the time while we wait for the hyperdrive to be repaired. ...Master."

With his armor left to Kire, Solaris left the lab to go help HK-47 and Brach with repairing the hyperdrive. Without his armor, he was left in a close fitting black jacket, pants, and boots covered in Solarian religious iconography. On him was a necklace with an emblem in the form of a seal, and on his back was the silver cape he had been wearing with his armor. Though the Solar Saiyan was limited in technical knowledge, he could still provide a helping hand to the two mechanics.

- - -

The scan on Solaris' armor revealed the near full information of it. It was composed of alloys and crystal formations that would be similar to deep space materials that Kire had come across in limited quantities, the source unknown. Compared to the ones Kire had encountered, it seemed these were improved versions, much better than their closest matches. The metal alloys seemed designed to reflect off or adsorb any attack on them, whether it be slashing, puncturing, or simple impact, so the armor itself would survive and it would pass onto Solaris for himself to tank. Strangely, the crystals had a slight amount of light stored within them, acting as batteries. What could it power? In addition there were a dozen, nearly invisible nodes on the exterior of the armor, and only 2 of them were still functional. Physically speaking the primary problem was a clean slice through one of the arms, just below the shoulder, that was both an added weak spot in the armor, and also disrupted the crystals acting as a complete set of batteries.

The armor had an additional component inside it however. Inside the nodes was the remnants of the code of an AI. Broken and shattered, it seems this was what Solaris had warned about repairing. Thankfully for Kire however, it seems that the language was set to English for his sake. He could most definitely extract anything he wanted out of here, as long as it was intact. From the way it was set up, it seemed the AI was split into several different areas of code. "Functions" which seemed to include unique battle commands as well. "Memory" which was mostly information stored within the AI that could provide information on what it had seen and Solaris' past. "Control" which was mostly related to physically moving Solaris' body via the nearly invisible nodes. There was a fourth section however. Written in a completely different coding language, forced onto the primary AI. In addition, it was written in another language entirely and run through at least a dozen ciphers. Whatever it was, it couldn't be good.

- - -

Kira gave a small laugh in responses to Mioi's joke.

"Keep that wit about you and we'll get along well. As for a suitable area, how about where you were heading to last? Has to be nice enough to train in."

"Argh!!"

Gogeta Jr. yelped as he was pulled into the headlock, fidgetting under Jaz's scolding and squirming to break free. He soon broke the hold, rubbing his neck for a minute after Jaz finished her rant.

"Alright alright, sheesh! Something big has come up...I'll knock next time."

Vegetto Jr. chuckled lightly, leaning his head over the back of the couch and resting his arm on the headrest.

"What's so important for you to barge in like that?"

Gogeta Jr. corrected his clothes, scowling lightly at Jaz for a moment before walking deeper into the room, his head turning to Vegetto Jr.

"It's about Odessan: have you checked your messages?"

Vegetto Jr. shook his head, glancing down at his wrist and lightly tapping on the metal band. He blinked lightly, a couple of dings sounding off before he flicked the side of the band gently, constant flashes of light still illuminating Vegetto Jr's face as he glanced up with wide eyes.

"How many?"

"Over a hundred. Odessan's been over run!"

Vegetto Jr. blinked in confusion, seeing Gogeta Jr's upbeat and ecstatic expression.

"By who? Did Zakuul find us?"

Gogeta Jr rapidly shook his head.

"No! Supporters, all across the universe. We have literally fighters swarming to the base, by the literal thousands from the Empire and the Republic alike!"

Vegetto Jr. raised an eyebrow, watching Gogeta Jr. shut off the light on his own wristband.

"What? How?"

Gogeta Jr. kept a small grin, sitting in the chair across the Vegetto Jr.

"There's footage. On the holonet: what happened on Asylum."

He leaned back in his seat, smirking.

"There's no denying it now, and word has spread across the universe. The former Sith Emperor has returned, and not even Arcann could stop him in full fledged combat. For the first time in over two decades, someone has stood up to Zakuul and won."

=========

Upon arriving in the small, cramped space housing the reactor, HK-47 rose from the floor. He shut the panel leading to a set of circuitry he was repairing, facing towards Brachi and Solaris both.

"Introduction: Greetings, meatbags. I have already stabilized the hyperdrive, as requested by Master Koth. We should arrive on Odessan within two hours upon ignition."

He slowly extended up his left hand, a small rod shooting up from his palm and holding it close to the nearby console.

"Query: shall I provide upgrades to the ship to optimize these parameters? I require permission from a leader of the Alliance."

"I was on my way to the parental unit's lab and inquire about a sleeping area..."  Mioi scratched her head. "I am unsure if Kire has already completed living arrangements for the small one and myself. It is possible we may become the roommates. It is probably noisy in the lab at the moment anyway. We could explore the ship for an empty room?" She asked Kira. The idea of intruding on Kire while he worked on technology she couldn't understand sounded bothersome for both parties. "Maybe some place with a view of the stars?"

Kire hummed a cheerful tune as he carefully worked on the inside of the Jaz's KABS core. He managed to display the last few images recorded from the previous fight and saw Vaylin and all her insanity. He narrowed his eyes, getting a good look at her before closing the holoimage and returning to work. Despite only seeing a still image of the girl, he felt a cold shiver run up his mechanical body. 

This girl is bad news... God, what do my little girl and this crazy bitch see in that Junior kid? Ugh, why couldn't my daughter go after someone who isn't such a big target...

"Master, I have finished my scans, and I believe you might want to see this," Helga said. "This armor is somewhat similar to KABS; however, the metal alloys are not only stronger but can reflect melee attacks. There are also many things you might find very interesting."

Kire groaned before shutting down the holograms he worked on and shoved his wheeled chair to the armor Helga worked on. He performed the same hologram tricks as with KABS and began to see for himself what was so important. The man flipped through all the information Helga managed to gather, each reading taking longer than the last. There was a small pause in the room before Kire's annoyed frown turned to a devious smile. His eyes lit up with joy at the information he was viewing.

"Y'know, maybe workin' on this kid's armor ain't so bad after all." Kire cracked his knuckles, typing away on his holo-keyboard, bringing up and capturing information from the scans. "First things first, think you can copy the property of those metals to KABS? The suit can use more durability after that last fight."

"Certainly Master."

"These batteries can prove useful as storage or decrease power consumption... Maybe I can use the reflective properties and combine it with the Ki absorption so that KABS gets a boost from physical hits as well..." Kire talked silently to himself while he carefully read through the scans. He paused upon noticing something about an A.I. "Hello, what's this?"

"I believe it is an AI program associated with the armor. We shouldn't activate it, Master, Solaris warned us not to. I have yet to discover much about this AI other than 'Functions' and 'Memory'. I have found something deeper... but it poses a bit of a challenge for me to decipher. However, do not forget why Solaris gave you this armor to begin with, Master."

"Oh yeah, he wanted to fix his tacky thing. Alright, lemmie get that done first before I start tinkerin'." Kire grabbed one of Helga's free arms and pulled it down. He pushed a button behind his ear and a transparent welders mask formed over his face. He began to carefully weld any metals together before he worked on the crystal-like batteries. "Also, make sure that all discoveries go to KABS, I have a feeling the battles ahead are gonna be even rougher."

Jaz grumbled to herself and crossed her arms, listening to the conversation and taking a seat next to Junior. She cheered up when she heard how many people were supporting them.

"Well, that's good news for a change. It's about time we catch a bit of a break, to be honest..." Jaz slumped her shoulders, already thinking about relaxing. "Maybe when we rest on this planet, Junior can teach me how to fly and we can finally have a real spar to see who's the better fighter! Besides, Junior and I still need to...talk."

Jaz twiddled her thumbs slightly before glaring at Gogeta Jr., her cheeks red.

"A-And you better not tell anyone what you saw... My dad would kill both of you."

Solaris watched HK move the rod close to the console and shook his head.

"Request denied. Do not continue." He stated before turning to the reactor, approaching towards it. Glancing behind him to Brachi and HK he wondered aloud.

"What if we provided the reactor with some more power?"

- - -

If scanned the welding would show an immediate decrease in the vulnerable point of the armor and a repairing of the connected crystal batteries ability to function together. The properties of the metals and crystals could be copied, but unless Kire could synthesize the exact compositions of the materials it shouldn't be as effective. If he could somehow recreate those materials from another galaxy with his lab, then he might even be able to make a better, augmented version of Solaris' armor.

The AI was in fragments, in pieces. To even make it usable would require lots of repair. What remained still could be useful salvage. The fourth function, written in that cipher, seemed like it was formerly auto-generated, but now stuck in a single form. With enough time and processing, it could be broken into. The effects of that though, are unknown.

- - -

"Empty rooms should be around here, this is a super weapon." Kira replied. "View of the stars would be possible. Would help with things. Better get moving, right?" She suggested before starting to walk, looking around the various doors.

Gogeta Jr. rolled his eyes, leaning back in his seat.

"Right, shall I provide you with a mansion to recuperate for your lessons as well? We can divert resources to make sure the walls are sound proof for your conversation with Junior too: that way, no one can hear you. The sheets will be made of the finest silk; only the most expensive decor for our lovely new couple."

"Hey, don't talk to her like that."

Gogeta Jr. blinked, his head turning at the sound of Vegetto Jr.'s stern tone. He stared back incredously, shaking his head.

"You're not seriously entertaining this bullshit, are you?! We're in the middle of a war, and here this little girl goes on and on about all of her own little fucking problems!"

Vegetto Jr. raised his voice in tandem, raising his right eyebrow.

"So?! We're just taking a break here and she just came out of cryo: what's the problem?!"

Gogeta Jr. scoffed lightly, leaning back against the seat cushion and looking Vegetto Jr. over for a moment.

"Of course, I should have known better."

Vegetto Jr. kept his eyebrow raised.

"What are you talking about now?"

Gogeta Jr. made a sarcastic grunt, gesturing back to Jaz with wide eyes.

"You already let some selfish bitch put the universe to the sword for whatever her petty little wants and desires were once. It's no surprise you're gonna enable it a second time, given your incredible taste in women."

Vegetto Jr. instantly narrowed his eyes into a glare, his muscles tensing as he spoke with a low, threatening tone.

"I did what I had to. I saved everyon-"

"You saved nothing!!"

Gogeta Jr. had already shot up out his seat, the cut off coming out in an angry shout as he angrily swung his fist down with his finger pointing at the floor.

"She was just a stupid, exploitable child throwing a tantrum, and you were supposed to take her down!! That was the plan: the son of the Sith Emperor, rising up to strike out at Zakuul and show the universe we didn't have to fear Arcann!! And what did you do?!"

He suddenly flung the seat he had sat in moments before to the side, the furniture shattering on the room. Vegetto Jr. frowned in response, instinctively shrinking a bit as Gogeta Jr.'s temper continued to flare in his outraged rant.

"You slept with her! You slept with the damn bitch!"

Vegetto Jr. soon found his courage again, raising his head up and narrowing his eyes.

"She was contained, alright?! What do you want me to say?!"

Gogeta Jr. scoffed again, gesturing to Jaz a final time.

"Oh sure, it was only about the universe; you were just trying to help us and her, not your damn self. Is that why you're doing the same thing again, with another simple minded bitch?! Is she a threat to the universe too?! Huh?!"

He sharpened his glare, straightening out his back and letting his arms fall to his side.

"I saw what real heroism is today, and if that hero had been in your place all those years ago, he would've finished the job we needed you to do. But because you decided to 'save everyone '-

His words dripped with venomous sarcasm.

"-instead of doing what's necessary...he's dead."

Vegetto Jr. turned his head down, Gogeta Jr. clenching his fists tightly.

"And when challenged by Arcann himself, your father rose to face him in combat. He didn't try to reason with him, or to make a friend out of an enemy like some spineless cowards we know. He rose to kill the biggest threat to our universe, same as the other heroes of old. He made a decision that inspired hundreds of Imperial and Republic fighters alike to join our cause, while the universe still suffers from yours." 

Gogeta Jr. scoffed again, turning his scowl momentarily to Jaz before steadily walking towards the exit, sarcastically waving his arm dismissively.

"We're going to use this public image to our advantage: the real Sith Emperor will return to be the savior this universe needs. You two want your privacy...fine: you can spend as much time as you want in your new room here. Just stay clear of the real warriors when we go to work."

Vegetto Jr. kept his head down, inhaling deeply at the sound of the doors shutting tightly once Gogeta Jr. had departed. He glanced to the side, a little worried of Jaz's response to the whole outburst and kept quiet in the small awkward silence that hung in the air.

=======================

HK-47 nodded once towards Solaris.

"Acceptance: As you command, master."

He then turned his head to Brachi, his voice ringing out once more.

"Query: Do you agree to the same decision, master? I require both of you to agree on a decision."

Jaz watched the two boys bicker back and forth, pulling back when Gogeta Jr. pointed her childish antics and behavior. In a way, she knew he was right, despite Junior disagreement, and the comparison to Vaylin didn't make things any easier for her. She lowered her gaze to the floor, listening to the door slam behind her as Gogeta left. She didn't say anything for a moment before standing up and taking a step closer to the window, gazing at the stars.

"He's right about me..." She began. "I take you away from the battlefield simply because of my selfish desires... like Vaylin. I can't keep you away from what you need to do for the universe, and that's all I've been doing, even when I was frozen in carbonite. Look, Gogeta is mad about the death of his father, I would be too, but he has a point about us, Junior."

She turned to Junior and gently lifted his head so they can meet eyes. She had her usual bright smile in her attempts to lift his spirits, but there was no doubt she was hurt.

"You are one of the strongest people in this universe, Junior. I think it's about time you showed people why. Gogeta Jr. is your family and he needs you and so does everyone else. I can't keep holding you back from your true potential if the whole universe is at stake. So how about this!" Jaz squished his cheeks slightly. "If you don't put your butt into action and help defend this universe, I won't let you kiss me, let alone date me! Heh, maybe dad will try to have me marry someone on Odessan if he finds out?"

Jaz chuckled before ruffling Junior's hair.

"I'm only kidding. He won't let me marry anyone, so you don't have to worry about competition. Besides, if Gogeta thinks he's gonna get away with calling me a simple-minded bitch, then he's mistaken!" Jaz placed her hands on her hips and scoffed. "I'll train harder than the rest of you! I hope he knows that a Rebbel never backs down! Thanks to his lil' remark, I'm determined to face Arcann all by myself and show him I'm just as strong as you guys! When I beat Arcann and help protect this universe, I bet your cousin won't say all that stuff to my face anymore! Yeah, that'll show him!"

"Master, I believe these metal alloys are quite difficult to copy. Shall I begin to study the components on a molecular level?"

"Sure, as long as you can make a somewhat decent copy, go for it."

Kire finished his welding and Helga finished the last bits of programming on his back. Parts of Kire's body started to turn invisible without him realizing so the upgrades were certainly working. As he gently polished the armor off, he checked the holograms and continued to examine the AI within. It piqued his curiosity and he only wanted to understand what it meant. The man touched his holograms and started to dig in, cracking the first few layers of the hundreds he would have to tread carefully.

A little peek wouldn't hurt, right? I should check what the hell 'Functions' are. It might help me out with KABS if I can learn some properties of this junk.

"I do not think anyone has explored the ship beyond where the lab would be." Mioi said, following Kira and looking all over the place, flinching slightly at the sound of a door tightly shutting after a loud muffled shouting from the other side. "Let's avoid that side of the ship for now..." She managed to pry open a door that looked to be an unused room that gave a good view of the stars. Aside from some discarded piles of random items, it looks fairly undisturbed since the ship was reactivated. "Here we are. This will suffice."

Solaris kept looking to the reactor, nearly placing a hand on it, when he heard Brachi give HK permission. Swiftly turning around, he looked at the two with a confused frown.

"Wait, what? The optimizations he suggested for the hyperdrive will make it's trip to Odessan go well, but at a cost to the engine's performance afterwards. That's not something we can really deal with, having to replace the hyperdrive, again?"

- - -

Kira looked into the room Mioi had found, spending several long moments just staring in, before heading inside and starting to move all the junk to one side of the walls.

"Yep, this will do. A little cleaning can't hurt." She said. "And then we can begin the training."

Vegetto Jr. simply stared back at Jaz with a solemn gaze throughout her entire peppy speech. His frown gave way momentarily at Jaz's confident claim to prove Gogeta Jr. wrong, but his frown soon returned once she finished. Instead of meeting her optimism with the same energy she brought to him, Vegetto Jr. glanced to the side with a frown.

"It's still not fair...Jaz."

He kept his eyes to the ground, sighing heavily.

"You never got to live the life you wanted...and I sure as hell didn't want to fight this stupid war..."

Vegetto Jr.'s eyes narrowed slightly into a small scowl.

"What right does the universe have? I didn't deserve this...you didn't deserve it."

His scowl weakened a bit, his voice a bit weaker.

"And neither did she."

======================

HK-47 stood still, glancing between them both.

"Acknowledgement: this debate must conclude before I am able to complete a specific order, masters. Should you require discussion pointers, I am well versed in educated persuasion techniques."

He paused for a moment, before continuing.

"Advisement: Evisceration works well. Electrocution and blunt trauma also work well, I understand."

Brachi was pondering about this, wondering what the best course of action would be that would ensure the upgrades would be even better.

"If only I had a stash of dilithium with me right now..." She said.

Jaz frowned at Junior's words and knew he was right, especially how the situation is turning out. She didn't know how to really cheer up Junior so she tried to explain her side of the situation in hope that he would understand.

"I know it's not fair, but sometimes, things aren't always the way we want it to be." Jaz let out a sigh, kicking childishly at the ground. "I don't wanna fight in this stupid war, no one does... but if we just sit here and do nothing Arcann and his sister are just going to destroy everything we care about. That's why I'mma fight back! I know I'm not as strong as you and I'm not as smart as your cousin... but I won't sit here and let you guys die."

Jaz crossed her arms.

"You're right when you say this universe sucks right now, but if I have to fight in order to protect everyone I care about, then I will. You've been through so much in the last 25 years, you're right, you didn't deserve it. That's why I want to get stronger and train my butt off so you won't ever have to experience pain like that ever again. I don't want you to be sad about anything or worry about what the future might hold..." Jaz took a hold of Junior's hand and squeezed it tenderly. "I just... I just don't want you to get hurt again, Junior. I don't want you to think that there isn't anything worth fighting for."

The girl lowered her gaze to the ground before gently speaking up.

"Hey, why not try talking to my dad? He's been through these types of situations before, so he should have an idea of how to help you. He might be able to lift your spirit more than I can. Give it a shot!"

"Master, I don't think it is very wise to meddle around with Solaris's armor. I recommend that we just fix it as he asked us to do."

"Yeah... you're right. Besides, I got more important things to mess with. KABS needs a major upgrade and you need to implement those components to KABS. Maybe Solgaris will be more compliant if he sees what a nice job I did with his armor."

Kire stretched his new mechanical arms before turning his attention to working on the KABS cores.

Mioi assisted with cleaning up the room to be more presentable, occasionally pushing out a box into the hallway. "That should suffice for now." To rest, she took a seat on the floor of the room, looking at Kira expectantly. "Ready when you are."

The information Kire had dug through could provide further leads for upgrading KABS. A half-functional AI belonging to an extinct, in one universe, race of space gods who designed a master class super weapon that was supposed to pilot said super weapon. Surely development could help KABS. But Helga was right, Kire had better work on KABS.

And not investigate that strange part of Solaris' code.

- - -

Solaris looked to HK-47 with the fact he needed a compromise. The Solarian visibly flinched at HK's suggestions for persuasion.

"What!? I, I'm not going to hurt my friend! That's just ridiculous as an idea! Why, I went to-" he said before his eyes suddenly went wide, body freezing. Slowly and less stunned he said, "I went to... I, went, to..." He said before grabbing his head. "I, I can't remember... I can't remember anything... Fine, do whatever you want Brachi. I'm, going to go sit by a window." He stated before speed-walking off.

- - -

Kira smiled at all the junk being cleaned up, proud of making a dingy place usable for sacred rituals. Closing the door to provide the two privacy and help block out the sound of whoever was losing their composure in the middle of space, she sat down across from Mioi, pulling out her lightsaber. Placing it inbetween the two, she placed her hands on her legs and closed her eyes, focusing. She began to speak in a way unlike herself, as if from practice rather than emotion.

"The Force is power in the ancient, traditional sense of the word. It exists in every living thing in the universe. Sentient beings like us, plants, animals, even the life-giving stars." She said. "It binds us together across the cosmos. It possess an intelligence, and a will, but that will can be subverted. With the right training, someone can learn to draw upon the Force directly for strength, and increase their connection to it." She lifted up one hand, yellow Ki drawing from her body into it. "Like so. The various Sith Emperors, in recent history, have been some of the people with the strongest connections to the Force. So strong, they go to another level entirely of it. The Force is complex, and it is possible to become lost in trying to understand it. As a result, it has been broken up into four aspects of existence for the Jedi. The Living Force, the energy of living beings and their connection to the Force, such as this energy in my hand." She said before letting the Ki disperse, and placing her hand back on her leg. "The Unifying force, the Force's connection across space and time, and in the future and past, such as visions of the future or memories of the past tied to a place. The Cosmic Force, the gestalt connection of existence through life itself. And the Physical Force, the Force's connection to physical matter." She said, the lightsaber lifting up into the air. "That, is the Force."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom