Appelsider's Art Stuff

Appelsider

Green Jacket
Website
twitter.com
Appelsider_ <------ my Insta for a better overview!

I wanted to make an art thread since the beginning, but was too lazy. Since I finally switched imageshosting site and using my laptop after a hundred years I decided to make it now. :D

BEWARE the pics might be big in size and most drawings will be those 3/4 side profile generic doodles that often miss one eye because I can't draw them evenly.  :shutdown:

there's no chronological order right now, though that'll change when I start posting drawings I make from now on.

OC.. tho ive changed everything about him so actually.. its a random drawing now.
tumblr_ockvy9Spe71vexvv9o1_1280.png

other 2yr old stuff:

tumblr_ockw0paTbC1vexvv9o1_1280.png

tumblr_ockw1qo9qo1vexvv9o1_1280.png

oh and two gifs/animations i made:
tumblr_od6qu89DO11u6cnu6o1_500.gif
tumblr_od6q8vvHoJ1vexvv9o1_500.gif
xD

Tried drawing Alma from DGM:
tumblr_oqqic6MKl91vexvv9o1_1280.jpg

Practiced poses once:
tumblr_oqqic6MKl91vexvv9o2_1280.jpg
tumblr_oqqic6MKl91vexvv9o6_1280.jpg
tumblr_om7dyjwkij1vexvv9o1_1280.jpg

I'll stop with the older art bc then i'd have too many images...

In the next post I'll post the more recent ones.

Last half year stuff:

Painting an eye
tumblr_ort2bk7Z4p1vexvv9o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ort2bk7Z4p1vexvv9o3_1280.jpg

Some more doodles under one spoiler:
tumblr_ot8komzXZD1vexvv9o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_ot8kx9mbyO1vexvv9o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_ot8kx9mbyO1vexvv9o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ot8kx9mbyO1vexvv9o2_1280.jpg

more:
tumblr_ou7xw1Iepb1vexvv9o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_ot8kx9mbyO1vexvv9o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_ot8komzXZD1vexvv9o8_1280.jpg

Ok ok in the last post I'll add the recent digital drawings I've done and then I'll stop spamming. xD

2 orange bois
tumblr_otak6eIhdc1vexvv9o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_otak6eIhdc1vexvv9o2_1280.jpg

One Piece chara's: 
tumblr_otaopc7Bzu1vexvv9o1_1280.jpg

And yesterday I drew Link, but couldnt decide on his face so here are 2 normal ones:
tumblr_p37nvmFRPw1vexvv9o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p37nvmFRPw1vexvv9o2_1280.jpg

And here are the totally serious alternatives xD
tumblr_p37nvrO71p1vexvv9o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p37nvrO71p1vexvv9o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_p37nvrO71p1vexvv9o3_1280.jpg
tumblr_p37nvrO71p1vexvv9o5_1280.jpg

I commend u if u were able to go through these drawings xD 
This was the spam for now so until next time!

You've improved so much since I've last seen your art! I  can't draw guys for my life without drawing the same one over and over  :argh:

My favorite of the alternatives is Buck teef Link

Dang, I think this is the first time I ever saw your artwork! Looks pretty damn good I may say! Cyclops Link made me LEL

Thanks guys! Glad to see you think I'm improving bc i feel like ive got so much more to improve :katcry:

Heres the drawing for the Art Comp: 
I basically started this on my old tablet, but almost redid everything after getting the new tablet where you can draw on screen haha such a pain, I hope I can draw neater lines someday and color better!
Q9unS1T.png

And heres some sketches so I can get used to the tablet:
4sMeaWd.png

well hello here i am again  :kat:

still suck at digital art, especially coloring so god pls help me idk what to do to improve  :katcry:

anyways heres 2 doodles recently made:

wanted to try drawing Sora, then I remembered I cant art to save my life so I bet this will never be finished. xD

vbxcsuZ.jpg

and this one I made today.. still stuck as to find a drawing/coloring style that fits me and my art... so I didnt go all out coloring
324Q6ZD.jpg

tips would be greatly appreciated.. gotta look for some tutorials myself again I guess
i did add a filter to it on insta and it made the drawing look a bit better..maybe i need to start using more filters xD

Ooh, I like the sketch in your last post and your Sanji pic!

To be fair, Sora's design (and arguably many KH designs) are really detailed and probably require multiple drawings just to get used to it... Syn makes it look easy XD so maybe Syn could give you tips on drawing Nomura OCs :lmao:

If you want to work on your coloring and getting used to digital brushes, why don't you try your hand at coloring manga pages? I typically do it by coloring it as usual, but I set my color layers to "multiply" with the manga page as the base layer. You can also play with the layer settings since they can also be used to act like filters in their own way. It's a simple method for if you don't feel like drawing out your own picture just to color it yet.

What program do you use to draw? If it's Painttool SAI I could probably give you way more specific tips  :sweats: Also, if you own a Wacom tablet, I highly suggest you go into your tablet pen's settings and disable "Double Tap" features by turning it off or at zero, since having it on would inexplicably leave weird 'tails' going off the main line I drew as opposed to a clean straight stroke.

Thanks Loopy!

Well I keep switching between Sai and Medibang and I think I prefer medibang for my doodles. So i'll stick with that for now haha. With coloring I think o just need to practice it till i get the hang of it.. but I never get to that point because i scrap all my drawings xD

For now i have this small doodle since it touched my tablet after a 100 years
ZnXrcpi.jpg

And of course the broly drawing for the comp:
VZjmpHK.jpg

Ploep said:
well hello here i am again  :kat:

still suck at digital art, especially coloring so god pls help me idk what to do to improve  :katcry:

anyways heres 2 doodles recently made:

wanted to try drawing Sora, then I remembered I cant art to save my life so I bet this will never be finished. xD

vbxcsuZ.jpg

and this one I made today.. still stuck as to find a drawing/coloring style that fits me and my art... so I didnt go all out coloring
324Q6ZD.jpg

tips would be greatly appreciated.. gotta look for some tutorials myself again I guess
i did add a filter to it on insta and it made the drawing look a bit better..maybe i need to start using more filters xD

Honestly, I think you nailed Sora right there! I definitely can't wait to see your finished version whenever you get to it!

> I suck at Digital Drawing
> Post amazing drawings like this

:thinks:

Ploep said:
Thanks Loopy!

Well I keep switching between Sai and Medibang and I think I prefer medibang for my doodles. So i'll stick with that for now haha. With coloring I think o just need to practice it till i get the hang of it.. but I never get to that point because i scrap all my drawings xD

For now i have this small doodle since it touched my tablet after a 100 years
ZnXrcpi.jpg

And of course the broly drawing for the comp:
VZjmpHK.jpg

Also also, what kind of tablet do you use? And how much does that thing cost? (inb4 it costs an arm and a leg)

Aha thanks Shine, I guess nobody is really ever satisfied with their own art.. such a struggle  :katprone:

As for the tablet!! If you're not a pro pro I'd realllyyy suggest looking at tablets made by Huion its a really good contender for graphic tablets for people who want to practice art without spending too much!

This is a 19inch Huion Kamvas Gt-191 I bought on Amazon, it included a loott of extra stuff (glove, extra nibs, screenprotector etc) and it cost about 400 euros if I recall correctly..made a bit less. They go on sale slmetimes too so you can save extra bucks if the timing is right.

Tho not gonna lie ive been using it more as a monitor for my Nintendo Switch than for drawing.. :heeheee:

Ploep said:
Aha thanks Shine, I guess nobody is really ever satisfied with their own art.. such a struggle  :katprone:

As for the tablet!! If you're not a pro pro I'd realllyyy suggest looking at tablets made by Huion its a really good contender for graphic tablets for people who want to practice art without spending too much!

This is a 19inch Huion Kamvas Gt-191 I bought on Amazon, it included a loott of extra stuff (glove, extra nibs, screenprotector etc) and it cost about 400 euros if I recall correctly..made a bit less. They go on sale slmetimes too so you can save extra bucks if the timing is right.

Tho not gonna lie ive been using it more as a monitor for my Nintendo Switch than for drawing.. :heeheee:

:Farewell:  It's okay, I'm the same way to my own works.

Wow, that's pretty damn cheap! And you can use it as a monitor for Nintendo Switch!? That's pretty fucking wicked. I'll definitively check out whenever it on sale (*crosses fingers for Black Friday sale*).

I thought Waccom had an monopoly on drawing tablets with screens, so I didn't even bother looking elsewhere from different companies xD

Sadly I've gotten too comfy with my tablet monitor/nintendo switch set up and basically havent drawn on the tablet in forever...

For now I just sometimes doodle on my phone
gDj6LwL.png

HZy3l3v.png

Its like I cant bring myself to draw unless I feel 100 % comfortable with the medium I'm gonna use .. and I rarely do. XD kinda kinda saving up for an Ipad pro.. maybe the portableness of it will help me draw more often

Welp I gots an IPad so hopefully I can improve faster art art now. :katstar:

One is a normal doodle i made to get used to the whole device and the other one is a fan art of Law from One Piece!

O3fyb1D.jpg

YGulTXO.jpg

That looks awesome! I didn't know you can draw things on the iPad. Is it easier than any other drawing tablet? :thonk:

I love your art! Looks like your new iPad is working really good in your favor! I love the last drawing you made (Dude with the red shirt). I really love the lines in his hair. I'm a sucker for that. B|

I SAW YOUR HAND!!! YOU CANNOT HIDE ANYMORE!!!

@"ShineCero" yup the  iPad Pro is specifically made to work with the Apple Pencil so it can be used for drawing as well. Procreate is a very good drawing app specially made for the iPad..it can even film the whole drawing process for you! And thanks!

@"Grey Star" Aaah thank you so much that’s like one of the nicest thing someone said about my art!  :katcry:

@Z : ahaha thanks! It’s kinda therapeutic drawing so many lines so I love doing that. Omg you scared me for a sec thinking I posted a wrong pic orsomething.. but it was about the older drawing xD you’ll never see my face muahahaah xD

Most of my doodles are actually really sketchy and colorless and I prefer them that way... but like the Law drawing.. I quickly tried making another one like that for the art competition inb4 I forget to upload anything at all.  
Not super happy with it.. but it’ll have to do for now aha
Actually I’m not even sure if it fits the competition theme but I basically made fan art of the Chinese zodiac character of boar from the anime Juuni Taisen

jflKWoc.jpg

Also if ppl have requests  I might try drawing those since I lack creativity myself haha   :Interesting:

Back
Top Bottom