A Personality in Anime You Dislike?

Fillers, wimps like the dude from Evangelion, and women in anim who constantly pull the whole "Don't underestimate me cuz im a girl, or how dare you hit a girl".

Made me happy to see goku gave no f**ks about that in dragon ball.

Copouts like making the villain seemingly forget their own motivations in the first place and never adequately explaining to the audience through flashbacks or actions of the villain. Worst copout you could ever pull esp. if you've built up the whole plot in anticipation for confronting the villain.

SPINAL said:
Tsunderes annoy he hell outta me and I really hate it when female characters make so many gasping sounds all at once its almost like they are taking it from behind.

OMFG. xDDD

But you have a point! I also agree, I don't like yandares more tho'.

Syn said:
Excessive, unnecessary fanservice. SERIOUSLY no one needs to have a sudden eyeful of panties covering the entire screen for no reason.

The biggest thing is this. Other than that I hate too oblivious characters and those characters that are too shy.
(+ When they change a perfectly good anime opening xD)

When the opening is a complete lie or the exact opposite of the actual anime! (I'm looking at YOU, Tomoko...)

Ploep said:
Syn said:
Excessive, unnecessary fanservice. SERIOUSLY no one needs to have a sudden eyeful of panties covering the entire screen for no reason.

The biggest thing is this.  Other than that I hate too oblivious characters and those characters that are too shy.
(+ When they change a perfectly good anime opening xD)

This is me when they changed Food Wars' awesome opening with low tier song B|

I also hate how the anime dips in quality because it's restricted to 12 episode limit and rushed the fuck out of it.

When an anime makes a new set of characters to focus on even though you only really wanna see the main characters (LogHorizon s2)

When the animators take turns animating, forgot to keep a character's design consistent, and this happens

tumblr_inline_n0rcn4P8GI1rubv71.gif

(Naruto's face was my exact reaction to this)

and the hair length changes every other frame for the duration of the episode

When they praise the main character way too much in the series while he doesnt even deserve it (looking at you Days =_= )

1. More or less any and every dere character. Fuck them all, especially Yanderes and Tsunderes.
2. When an anime, harem or not, includes much more fanservice than it needs to have.
3. When every character has a horribly edgy past (I'm looking at you, AoT and God Eater)
4. hand-in-hand with #2, panty shots.
5. When the logical choice is passed over in favor of the dumbass choice for the sake of plot.
6. Deus-ex-machina.
7. When the titular character of the anime in question has little to nothing to do with the anime (I'm ESPECIALLY looking at the piece of shit movie titled Date A Live: Mayuri Judgement)
8. When they have some cringey "bring forth the end of humanity for the advancement of humanity" kind of character.
9. When damage from a fight gets repaired in > 1 day. Extreme cases go to a few hours on this one.
10. When the anime takes a tangent off the source content that breaks continuity.
11-. Much, much more that isn't popping up from the top of my head.

I REALLY hate dumb characters. When I mean dumb, I mean some that make you scream: "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!"

Ploep said:
Very very overpowered characters and those scenes like in naruto where they basically keep syke-ing each other.

I want to build on this, Overpowered characters that are meant to be OP as that is their character (Saitama) are great, characters that magically are OP for no good reason because they just pull litterally everything out of their arse then it isnt any good and needs to be burned in hellfire.

I think sometimes if super OP characters are the way they are for comedic purposes it can be okay (like Saitama for example)

^ I agree with you both. If the story is about being overpowering (OPM) then I dont mind.
I had Bleach in mind when I wrote that. xD

Yeah, Overpowered Characters works if used for comedic effects. Doesn't translate well in a series proper (in the case of Bleach, Naruto, etc..)

I really hate when a potentially good anime turns to absolute shit in the second season or so. Example: Attack On Titan.

I really can't stand when characters pretty much explain what's happening as if the audience is too stupid to understand what's going on as it happens. I guess it's okay for shows based off a game where kids wouldn't understand it too much if they didn't actually play it themselves but that's the one exception to that particular annoyance.

Back
Top Bottom