Status
Not open for further replies.

ShineCero

The Strongest
ADMINISTRATOR
Pronouns
He/Him
maxresdefault.jpg

The Bob Ross Competition is intended to draw out the maximum potential of artists of all media. Exclusive to the Art Garden section, any artists, whether you do traditional, painting, digital, etc., is able to jump into Bob Ross Competition series and showcase their artwork, win cool awards, badges, along with exploring out of your artistic comfort zone. Each Bob Ross Competition differs from one another with their own set of rules and tasks, designed to add variety, generate consistent interests and bring in new dynamics. Thus, you will be able to participate in different kinds of competition that suits your needs or if you’re feeling you want to test your skill, join a competition to push you to the utmost limit. 

Each Competition will not be decided by polling from members. Instead, the winner will be decided by two-three anonymous people who did not participate in the competition. They will be able to provide any comments or feedback (provided by the administrator) along with their votes of the best artwork as follow by the rules of the competition.

It's Valentine Day and it's a day of love and passion! Draw the character you'd want to be a Valentine (a waifu/husbando is a character from an established franchise). You can pick 2 characters to draw together or just 1 favorite character you've always liked and drawn them with something that incorporates a romantic theme into it. It has to be safe-for-work. Are you capable of making your Valentine feel extra special!?

Waifu-Husbando Event will begin on a Thursday, February 1st start at 10:00 AM and ends Saturday, March 3rd at 12:00 AM PDT. You MUST provide your own original content. In other words, do not steal artwork from other artists, recolors are not considered artwork and make sure they are safe-for-work. Please USE IMGUR when posting your artwork. 

Rules
  • You can pick 1-2 characters (any medium and regardless of gender) for this event.
  • It MUST have romantic elements (whether it hearts, beautiful scenery, etc)
  • You can submit the character(s) you wished to draw on this page before the February 17th 12:00 AM PDT (use official art, not fan art).
  • You can use any medium in arts for this competition. 
Awards for Waifu-Husbando Event
  • Artist Badge: Participation in the Bob Ross Competition!
  • The Romantic Artist Badge: Win the Valentine Event!
  • Michelangelo Badge: Win Bob Ross Regular Competition!
  • Mioi Badge: Win Bob Ross Regular Competition 2 times!
  • Da Vinci Badge: Win Bob Ross Regular Competition 3 times!
  • Bob Ross Award: Win 6 Bob Ross Competition (3 Regulars and 3 Special Events)

Does this mean I can finally draw my cat waifu Bernkastel in a romantic tea party/dinner while she reminds me how insignificant I am in the world?  :goood:

I'm willing to participate in this. Maybe I can practice drawing frills since I tend to avoid them. I'm going to draw my favorite cat waifu Bernkastel from Umineko.

latest

Let's just hope I can get her dress down.

Going to be tackling Pharah! (I had too many characters I want to draw... but I decided to go out of my comfort zone for this one!)

latest

Ill take a go at Holo (Horo?) the wise wolf!

d6Vih1i.png

Ooh so many contestants! I wanna join in!  :awesome:
I'll try drawing Sanji from One Piece! 
sanjionepiece-e1468017404801.jpg
or maybe Ace from the same series...

Wowza! That's a lot of participants! I've extended the entry to about 1 week, ending at Feb 17 (you still have until March 3rd to turned in your work). Those that still want to join, can join!

I can't wait for everyone submission!  :nom:

Reminder: The Waifu/Husbando Event will end next Saturday! It's the final push! get those drawings in and make the best out of your Waifu/Husbando!  :toocool:

my first pick is Loopy, then ShineCero, then Ploep
For ShineCero: I hope you don't mind the criticism but I would have picked yours first if you had colors on. I think you did great with the POV and the details with Pharah.

Loopy's was great too, the effects were what got me the most. She really has a good grasp at lighting and colors too

Ploep's is okay. She just needs to be more confident with color choices!

I thought Z's was fine but I feel like she could venture into adding something in the background. Like not full on BGs but maybe something like what Loopy, you and Ploep did: little hearts or sparkles in the bg, just to at least make the image stand out more!

I think Nick could do with brushing up on his anatomy! I also felt like he didn't exactly follow the theme of the competition. Like it's about showing love to your fave characters! I felt like he only just gave us a picture of Holo and that's it

Z-Fighter's work is also good but like Nick he could use some more practice with anatomy, and also could use the same things Z needs -- a little bit more in the background. I'm just kind of not feeling the mood that was established in it.

Ploep: All-in-all, everything looks good. The background is an especially nice touch, and the proportions look good. What I’m not a fan of, however, are the fingers. They feel too.. Angular, I suppose. Not very natural. I’m not too familiar with the art style of OP, however, so it could just be me. (2nd pick)

~Z~: Very fair drawing. While there is no background, the inclusion of the Omnipencil drawing a heart made for a rather humorous touch. While I don’t know much about Bernkastel as a character, what little I do know seems to match with her reaction. The right sleeve seems a tad small in comparison to the left, but that could just be a perspective issue.  (3rd pick)

Nick: Very fair drawing for a newbie. I would suggest work on the eyes though. They look either a) demonic or b) extremely bloodshot. The proportion on the hands also seem really off. They look like baby hands. The tail also looks like it’s just sticking out, something I would attribute to a cat rather than a wolf.

Z-Fighter: The background adds a nice romantic touch, and the hair rather fits the style of DBZ from what I can recall from it. Just like Ploep, however, there are some parts that seem a little angular. I would perhaps suggest adding a small amount of blur to those lines to make them less jagged and appear more organic.

LoopyPanda: Honestly the best hair of all the other entries (not to discourage the other contestants, as all of the entries were good). The linework around the shoulders is a tad jagged looking, but not very noticeable. The background is pretty awesome but I especially love the inclusion of gifts in the foreground. Hibiki’s expression is absolutely priceless though, it really helps to match the valentines theme, especially with the colors and gifts. (1st pick)

ShineCero: As with the others, the inclusion of hearts and gifts are a plus. Pharah’s hand feels a little off with the way she has it over her heart. It looks pretty painful on the wrist. The use of more angular shapes can be forgiven due to the fact that she’s wearing armor that, in and of itself, is angular. A solid drawing, and definitely props for using pencil on it.

The results are in!
The contestant who won the majority vote from the judges' panel is...​

tumblr_p51m5lMJfN1wpmha2o1_r1_1280.png

LoopyPanda!
:superkat: Congratulations on winning the Waifu-Husbando Event! :superkat: 
Wear Your Badge with Honor and Glory!

I hope all the entrants enjoyed this Competition, all the entries were wonderful! :D
If you didn't win this competition, don't get discouraged! We will have future Bob Ross competitions! Stay tuned.
As always, I thank you all for your participation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom