A Personality in Anime You Dislike?

@"ShineCero" will know what I mean when I say the trope Myne from Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero falls under.. xD and just plain bad miscommunication

When the character have a point in their argument, but the characters completely dismissed it without a sound argument.

I personally hate characters that are 'insane.' Their definition of insane is spewing nonsense and shock factor to 'scare' the viewer or convince them into thinking 'Wow, this guy is nuts!' when in reality they are the funniest and ridiculous character in the entire story. It's so over the top and dramatic that I can't help but laugh. Here is an example of what I mean. How anyone can sit there and take this guy seriously is beyond me. 

[video=youtube]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTPr71wM77M[/video]

Another trope I hate is the 'licking a girl's cheek to prove I'm a bad guy/rapist' despite doing horrible stuff to begin with.
You're telling me that you killing millions of people wasn't enough to tell me you're a bad guy, but the second you lick the waifu's cheek, that's crossing the line? c'mon, really? Where are the priorities?!  :wagh:

I really don't like when 'smart characters' state the obvious to prove how smart they are. They also have a habit of knowing everything their opponent does but never tell their teammates and are shocked when someone dies. Just because a character says a couple big words doesn't mean he's smart, it means they are pretentious.

Characters that refer to themselves by third person to present themselves as either childish or cutesy and use this very grating high pitched voice. Maybe the intent is to make them annoying, but God it is just annoyingly unnecessary. I actually prefer it when dubs make them use "I" instead of their name and their voices are much more tolerable (except they kept that for Buu because haha Fat Buu haha fkgkfktkrk)

It's cringe in real life, it's cringe in anime and I hate it!!!!

Whenever a character is pouring out his emotions to another character, they say, in response, by saying their name sympathetically. Something like "Main-Kun....." in a whisper.

Drives me nuts.

Animes that feel unoriginal or copy and pasted. We get it you went to another world with some kind of stipulation, we get it the main character is OP from the start, we get it our main character was randomly chosen for the events of the series. i could droll on and on and on with this one

The treatment of female characters in a lot of shows. I'm not even talking about the fanservice this time. 
Their role is almost always supportive or their struggles are always related to sexual harrassment or other very sexist type of struggles, idk it rubs me the wrong way after seeing one too many of these type of shows lol.

Characters that have too much energy annoy me from time to time. Like the character themselves is probably fine, but i can't deal with them literally shouting every word they say.

*Serious moment in the anime*

"You know what will be great in this? Big ol jiggly honkers"

@Z , dude Betelguese in Re:Zero scared the heck out  of me, so i think his chara worked pretty well for me xD. Also check out the Caster from Fate/Zero he was scary in the exact same way, maybe even more xD

I hate characters that never explain to others the reason for their controversial behaviour. Just COMMUNICATE for the love of god. XD

59WIPRD.jpg

Harems. All variation of it.

"I just transferred to this class."

"My parents are away on a business trip, so I'm in this house by myself."

*Falls over girl, grabs boobies* Haha, funny, haha girl slaps, haha real fucking funny.

"She's my sister, but we're not blood related, so it's okay to do the boom boom and the bam bam."

Tsunderes

"MC-Kun... I lov-"
*something interrupted them*
Haha... nothing.

Children with a couple years of training beating adults with decades of experience.

Beach Episodes.
Field Trip Episodes. Bonus Points if Field Trip Episodes leads to death/tragedy/stuck in a blizzard/forest/whatever. Bonus Bonus Points if the teacher is a pervert.
School Festival Episodes.
Training Episodes.
Hot Springs Episodes.

Comedy Relief Character that is loud and never shuts up. 

Those cicadas stock sound that goes ENNNNN EN-EN-EN-ENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNnn every damn second.

Female Characters having the biggest boobies in the world.

Ordinary High School Boy. Suddenly, he's important now.

Popular Female Character that nobody talks too. As soon MC talks to her, she's constantly inches away from his ding dong.

MC talks to a girl, all the men in his school now and had assaulted him for it.

Two characters have guns and are mere inches away from each other. Bullets hits the ground instead.

Main Villain is literally strangeling the MC with his bare hand and has a sword on the other. Throws him to a wall instead.

hPm8859.png

Post-apocalyptic style setting and the MC is the most friendly being on the planet despite there being chaos and mayhem all around them and gets surprised that there are bad people and traitors in such hard times.

Simulation-type animes where if people die in 'said game/simulation/arena', they die in real life. Everyone who makes an intelligent choice is dead meanwhile the MC fights for his harem/fwends, forgive the bad guy and mindlessly risks the life of his friends so he can look good. nah son.

Bad guys that talk too much.
Good guys that talk even more.

Generic 'New transfer student' chosen one.

MC has amazing skills, very smart, and the second coming of Christ. No one notices him until he wins a fight or does a backflip.

And I especially despise when an anime has absolutely... NO CONSEQUENCES for anyone's actions!!! I friggin hate it so much! Not everything is so black and white!

I33EbOJ.png

> scene happens and MC goes to a alleyway, doubles if the MC is the girl
> suddenly surrounded by 3 bad guys that always one tall dude, one fat dude, and one short dude that wants to rob, assault, kill MC for whatever reason.

Back
Top Bottom