Things you hate in video games

When a company takes forever to release a game and it turns out to be a dumpster fire.

When you're approaching the end of a map thinking it's a transitional level,\:
>u come across a bunch of healing item drops
>pass through those enemies and enter a seemingly empty clearing
>your game notifies you it's autosaving and not to turn off/exit the game
tenor.gif

Any enemy that unleashes cheap attacks and can spam them at a moments notice, giving you only a split second to react in defense. I'm specifically looking at the Expert/Raid Bosses in Xenoverse 2 with their unique attacks players can only use in Crystal Raid Battles.

When the matchmaker puts you in deathmatch against people who are literally hundreds of levels above yours while you and your team aren't even silver levels in terms of EXP, so you get your butt kicked each time

And the MMR queues you for 3 matches straight against them

English games getting mistranslated lines and awful dialogue. I wish we have better translators for these kind of things.

Getting respawned at a very distant spot after dying in a boss fight. It gets tiring Hollow Knight. I suck at these type of games  so I die a lottt.. but I really love Hollow Knight so I wont give up though D:

This mostly applies to Super Mario Maker 2. I hate it when someone makes a super hard level with invisible blocks at EVERY jump and a million enemies with 3 GIANT flying Bowsers. Then, when you finally beat it, you download the level and see that the person put a secret exit to upload the level (A Dev exit), leaving the players to play a horrible level because he felt like being a dick.

I have a love/hate relationship with games with multiple branches and routes. So idk I hate them but they give more content so???

When you try to skip a notoriously tedious part of the game and try to take a shortcut by going to the next area that has the item required to resolve the conflict at your previous area, but the game doesn't allow you to take any shortcut because you didn't trigger a specific event within a building inside the previous area that with a dialogue box saying you need the item.

and ONLY then does it let you get the item. Otherwise your path is blocked....

I mean, I get it, but it's like a slow torture if you've played the same game 3 different times

When the final boss doesnt let you go back to grind more levels.. i dont wanna lose so much progress just to go back and grind some more damn it!! XB is so harsh rn   :sob:

Ploep said:
When the final boss doesnt let you go back to grind more levels.. i dont wanna lose so much progress just to go back and grind some more damn it!! XB is so harsh rn   :sob:

Ahhh, that's one of the things I dislike in some rpgs. Grind, grind and more grind just to get enough decent level to challenge the boss :pensive:

PoS grindy battle passes. If it's the only thing to actual progress in, I'm instantly bored of that game.

Back
Top Bottom