Things you hate in video games

When you're playing a non-racing game and they make you race against the computer that somehow cuts impossible corners

Mokaine said:
When you're playing a non-racing game and they make you race against the computer that somehow cuts impossible corners

Fucking this!

Burnout 3: Showdown had a huge problem when the opponent gets ahead of you, it's practically impossible to catch up with them and forced to start over.

When the new level you opened up is 'optional' but you decide to go in because they recommended it and you die because the level of difficulty of the dungeon is beyond your current ability for some odd reason

Also, when you run out of bullets.

Boss fights which can kill you in one shot D: and the whole unskippable cutscenes that happen because of that haha

Ploep said:
Boss fights which can kill you in one shot D: and the whole unskippable cutscenes that happen because of that haha

Don't forget boss fights that you clearly kicked their asses, but the cutscene after that doesn't acknowledge it, and you get beat anyways. What's the point of letting you fight them if you're gonna lose anyway? :wagh:

I think I've finally found my biggest pet peeve in games.. it's basically wrong translations of dialogue which can change the way you perceive certain characters. I get localization and adaptation to other languages, but it shouldnt totally change the implications of the dialogues its soo infuriating!!! I'm especially noticing this in BotW.

Ploep said:
I think I've finally found my biggest pet peeve in games.. it's basically wrong translations of dialogue which can change the way you perceive certain characters. I get localization and adaptation to other languages, but it shouldnt totally change the implications of the dialogues its soo infuriating!!! I'm especially noticing this in BotW.

Dragon Ball Fighterz has a HUGE problem with this. It felt like the translators was done by TFS.

Don't know why we can't have faithful translations.

^ Makes me so sad.. and kinda glad I can atleast understand some of what the japanese dub says. xD

Also stealth missions are going to be the death of me. I literally cannot take the suspense. D:

When you fail a quest and you have to basically reload to the last save point if you don't want to attempt the mission again in NG+ difficulty. 
Also hate when games introduce new mechanics to you and don't fully explain them, so you keep dying to the same boss because no resources will properly explain the mechanic outside of your own usage of the same mechanic. :fry:

When the game cheats like a motherfucker and causes you to lose in the game.

^ lemme guess, Mario Kart xD

When games have skippable cutscenes but suddenly they decide to not make it usable when you reach a boss fight that will take a lot of do overs...

Wonky controls... or maybe I'm just bad, but damn, Red Dead, you gotta be precise when you shoot :wagh:

When you get to the final boss fight. You're all prepared (stocked up on health, lives, etc.) And ONE attack from said boss does a massive amount of damage, that your prep work seems like nothing.

-squints- Lookin' at you, Ape Escape 2

Seeing that everyone is getting a shiny, but you haven't encountered a single one yet :gglife:

The fact your characters can permanently die in certain games... I spent like an hour doing one battle and lost two characters.. so I have to do that battle over again cuz i dont wanna lose any. And also I didnt even manage to finish the battle even with the casualties I suffered.  :katcry: 
But dang Valkyria Chronicles is a pretty awesome game !

I personally hate a 'limit' in your inventory. I understand you can't carry everything in your bag, but it doesn't make it better when you NEED to gather ingredients to synthesize on a time limit and everything you DO takes up time! I mean, can't I just make myself a bigger bag?! Give me a break!

Back
Top Bottom