A Personality in Anime You Dislike?

Character A explains what's happening

Character B: "Huh? I don't get it."

Character A takes half an episode to explain it

BI every time

W2jERt9.jpg

The final form of a cool monster is basically a sexy dude in armor.
Whenever the show want to show how evil the villain is, they will make them do crazy face, giggling, tongue sticking out, fisheye lens, eyes narrowed, and over the top insanity talk.
Whenever there's an story that's slightly dark, the first thing included in the first chapter/episode is rape to show how "dark it is".
"I will have to use THAT" on a cliffhanger episode.
"If I use this, I'll die", they never do.
Character uses a move but it failed against that particular enemy: that move is never seen again.
"If you use this power, you will never be a fighter again..." they get better after a chapter or two.
Characters bullying a "loner" character that is clearly capable of toppling mountains and/or knew of their past.
The main character's entire movesets is just an small variations of the same move.
Entire plot comes to a screeching halt because it needed to spent time on ecchi moments.
Cool premise gets drowned out by boobs (Food Wars).
Children that only got 10 days of training is stronger than a dude with decades of training. 
Nearly all romance revolving gay characters is fetishized (Yuri on Ice is a notable example of recent memory)
Main Character is the weakest in the anime, everyone disrespect him, treats him like bottom tier, but his power is able to alter reality by will, so...?
Someone makes a parody of existing shows. It's automatically "edgy" and "deconstruction".
The show introduce an fairly powerful villain anything this show has ever come across, and would takes several episode. Gets taken out in the same episode it's introduced and done in the most uninspired way. Oh and that "villain" is never seen again.

iKHO9fr.png

Insane character saying some dumb cringe shit like "MY BRAIN ITCHES HEHEHAHAYEEKEKEK!!!"
Character is insane because of the 'small pupils and downwards camera angle' moment.
All insane characters apparently are bipolar and constantly on a trigger.
Insane laughter is high pitched and childish.
Crazy character acts like a child and thinks he did nothing wrong as he kills someone.
Smearing blood on their face with a BIG INSANE SMILE.
Insane character playing with the victim/dead FOR FUN.
Insane characters are usually almost always stupid and don't have any smarts other than "I KILL YOU. HEEHEE. FUN!"
Crazy character usually has a straightjacket, but is still able to run and fight WITH IT ON.
"I'm a psycho! What do you expect?! HAHA!"

The reason this bothers me so much is because I spent years studying criminal behavior and psychology for my certificate and for fun. Usually people who claim to be psychopaths or sociopaths have no idea what they are. Two, they don't know the difference between them, and three, they make it as if they are bipolar and do things THEY consider crazy. Guess what? Not all psychopaths kill. Not all sociopaths have bipolar breakouts. Not all killers laugh like school girls. Thank you Hollywood and anime for making these two dangerous afflictions funny and not at all serious.

It's so CRINGE.

Characters that are completely useless in everything in the series. Especially if they're the main characters. I don't know what the hell happen, but I would've expect some kind of decent from the creators of Death Note. Yet, Platinum End (viewing the anime) is such a bored, edgy cringefest, that I questioned myself if Death Note was any good in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom