The Sisterhood of White Magic Society

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vox says "At this point we all need the rest and the chance to take stock." Vox takes the medicine offered. It did little because his body was mostly recovered.

“Yuck! This medicine taste awful!” Liza let out her tongue. It did make her feel better, but it had such a bitter taste to her.

“Really? I thought it taste delicious.” Bob said. "Vox doesn't seems to mind either."

Liza raised an eyebrow at Vox and Bob’s questionable tastes. “It’s… fine…we just need to rest… and analyzed what the heck just happen in these past few hours. What the hell happened to ShineCero? He didn’t look like that from what I remember.” 

“Yeah… and what’s up with that magic he used? It was Black or White Magic… it wasn’t Pure, from what I studied, and it definitely wasn’t chaotic.” Bob continued Liza’s questioning. 

Black Shadow eyed at the new group she never seen before and decided to approach them. She was feeling uneasy, since she’d normally had ShineCero do the questions, while she sit at the sidelines, but he’s no longer himself. “I think… you guys should rest up. Negative’s stuff… doesn’t have much to do with you lots…” She turned to Faunix before turning back to the group. “We should’ve been here earlier…” She griped her fist as she seen a pool of blood in the middle of the floor, with bits of guts. She knew that someone had died. “I’m… sorry for what had happened.” She was trying to be blunt because she didn’t want them to be involved… but seeing that a death had occurred… she’s afraid that they might not want to hear that.

Vox says "Citrus-man is back and we have Negative who is taping in to a type of magic that we don't have the counter to. I think that sums up it all very well."

Vox says to Black Shadow Nicely "The first part we were planning on doing and thanks for your concerned for our fallen ally."

Asuza grimaced at the bitter taste of the medicine but made no verbal protest other than sticking out her tongue. She wrapped herself in the blanket and propped her head on her knees she hugged together.

"Two genocidal maniacs each got rid of one of our groupmates." She said with narrowed eyes. "And we're somehow supposed to walk away from that even though we're the only ones that know what's going to happen next?" Angrily, she jabbed a finger at the spot, although the dose of the medicine made her words slur together. "I can't accept that! I.. won't..." Asuza clutched her forehead and slowly sank down on one of the beds. "But I don't know what to do now..."

"Your best interest is to rest for a little while~" The Z-Nurse spoke to the group, particularly Asuza. 

"Yeah 'Suza, besides, we can always fix Mr. One-Eye and that awesome Red Dragon. They look kinda similar to one of the toys Mama lets me play with," Nicori scratched his head. "Uhh, what were they called again? Mega figures? Manga Figures?"

"You mean the Mysterious Figures?" Lix slithered by Nicori's side and grabbed his cast to sign it. "I didn't know your weird friends owned such powerful items."

"Yeah! We got Mr. One-Eye and a super cool Red Dragon! Errm.. but One-Eye broke during our fight with Citrus Man. We don't know how to fix him. I thought Mama would be able to use her magic to patch him back up, but since she's resting, I don't know how to fix them until Mama wakes up."

"You should take your Mysterious Figures to a place called The Big Apple. It's in Empire State and the main place you go to fix any Mysterious Figures." Lix said before turning to the group. "You should stay here, Nicori, your friends are too weak to protect themselves, let alone you. Hmph, I should fix your Mysterious Figures considering that your friends are already giving up."

"No way, Lix!" Nicori yanked his ear. "I trust 'Suza and all her friends! I gotta protect them! I'm gonna be a hero when I grow up, remember? I have to start protecting 'Suza and the others." 

"But they couldn't stop Citrus Man, how strong can they be?"

"Quit being such a meanie, Lix. Citrus Man cheated and stole Mama's power! He was cheating every step! Besides, Citrus Man had a ton of goonies and my friends manage to scare them away! They're totally strong!"

"Ah, it appears my little Nicori praises you guys~" Z-Nurse chuckled. "Very well, I suppose there is no harm in letting Nicori stay with them~ I believe they are all capable of defending him and themselves~"

"But what about Nicori?! His arm! They failed to protect a child! They're weak! Pathetic! Give Nicori to me!" Lix snarled. 

"No, they were simply outclassed~ Citrus Man is the most wanted man in all Booga, his powers rival that of me and Shine~ They are not weak, they simply found themselves in a fight beyond their current skills~ As unfortunate as it is, they were all very brave to stand up against Citrus Man and rescue Nicori to their best abilities~ Most people would have ran, leaving poor Nicori alone to suffer~" The Z-Nurse would wiggle her OmniPencil in the air to disperse a cooling mist on the group. The healing process would begin to speed up. "For such bravery, I must reward you all graciously~ You all may stay here if you need to plan any next moves, but I recommend you fix your Mysterious Figures in the Big Apple~ I can supply a portal~ Those Mysterious Figures can help you greatly during your next battle, use them wisely~!"

"Yeah..." Faunix frowned upon seeing the remains of Iceik. "That must have been the new magic Shine has been trying to create. I don't know what happened to him but it appears that he was corrupted? But how..? Perhaps he miscalculated something in his research... But how odd, especially given his status as Grand Sorcerer. Surely, they must be a way to turn him back to normal."

Faunix turned to Black Shadow. 

"Perhaps we should try to track down Shine somehow?"

“How are we supposed to do that?” Black Shadow turned to Faunix. “He instantly disappeared, and we can’t sense his energy unless he’s doing something destructive.” She heard Asuza’s cry, and because she’s not well equipped of dealing with this type of situations, she didn’t know how to respond properly.

Tort woke up after Z-nurses fed him the medicine. It healed his injuries as if nothing happened. Of course, he spat out due to the bitter taste. He eyes darted around for a moment, until it sunk in that Negative is no where to be found. “Black Shadow… and Faunix. What are you doing here?” He looks around and noticed a pool of blood, then a group of people he’s not really familiar with. “Did someone die?” He noticed the Z-nurses roaming around, seeing a little monster boy with an injured arm and the outright destruction of the place. “Don’t tell me… Grand Sorceress Z…”

“We came to help to stop Negative, but we were too late… we couldn’t do a thing. Now he has the Merlin’s Staff.” Black Shadow answered. “Yes… it seems that one of their friends perished; Z, however, is alive. Thank the heavens that she didn’t get killed.” She pointed to the group, Asuza and the others. 

Tort had an angry expression on his face, looking down on the floor. “So, it is true… ShineCero had become a monster. I was too weak to do anything because my respect for him held me back.” He turns to the others, Liza, Asuza, Bob and Vox, feeling a bit sorry for them before turning his eyes back at Black Shadow. “You need to return to the Brotherhood and explain this to Ballows to plan our next move.” He looks back at Z. “This is a huge blow for the magic societies.” 

Black Shadow nodded. “For now, I think the best course of action is give your friend a proper burial before heading off to the Big Apple.”

===

Liza dusted herself off and turns to Asuza. “So… what do you want to do, Asuza? It is your call.” She asked Asuza about her decision regarding the Mysterious Figurines. 

“You’re going to continue traveling with them?” Bob asked.

“Sure, why not? We been traveling together for a while anyways, so… it’ll be weird if we separated. Besides, that monster gives me the creeps.” She pointed at Lix. “And Black Shadow is right… we should give him a proper burial.”

Vox says reminding bob "We do need to split the loot(What ever they did looted form Citrus-Man) and if we the car parts I chop shopped if they were not used for gathering the intel on were Nicori was being held dos need to returned to Liza."

Vox says "But diving loot can happen after we rest and for those who wants to offer respects for the dead to do just that."

Asuza audibly scoffed and turned over in her cot, handwaving Lix's objections with a lazy hand. "I don't need to be lectured by some know-nothing overgrown slug. If you want to get yourself turnt to mincemeat by those maniacs, then be my guest." She said defiantly before leaning over and putting her face in her hands to think for a minute. "Just lemme think here..."

She could just leave this alone and walk away with it since she fulfilled her main objective of rescuing Nicori, but it felt wrong to do so. Even if they were outclassed, leaving Z to deal with the aftermath in her state would be even worse since she and her group are the only ones who have full knowledge of what's happening in Los Demonios and Paradice. There was also One-Eye's wish to get even with LEMONs, but as far as she knew, Citrus Man destroyed him before he could carry out what it was. 

"After we bury Iceik," Asuza said his name with a shaky voice. "We go to the Big Apple and fix the statues, especially One-Eye and the Dragon since we need them the most. I can't walk away from this in good conscience so that's my plan of action... training myself wouldn't hurt either. Sound good?" She asked Bob, Vox, and Liza. "Come to think of it... who's going to keep face for the Sisterhood while Sorceress Z is recovering? There's a lot of mages around here who won't have any leadership right now."

Lyrik, with the help of his healing music, healed a lot faster than he anticipated. He rose to his feet and trailed over to where Iceik perished. He was careful not to step on any blood when he noticed Iceik's axe on the ground, untouched by Negative's magic. He picked it up and stared at it, frowning at Iceik's cruel death. He turned to Asuza and Nicori and let out a sigh before walking over to the two and gently placed the axe by Asuza's side.

"We should hold on to his axe for when we bury him," Lyrik frowned.

Nicori huffed before swiping the pen from Lix's hand and wrote down Iceik's name on his cast. He kept by Asuza's side, scribbling a small drawing of Iceik's face on his arm cast.

"'Suza's right! Who's going to take care of the girls here now that the Sisterhood is ruined? Mama isn't exactly in the best condition..."

"Well, we do have a back-up~" Z-Nurse spoke up. "I believe Aquario will take Z's place~ He is currently the strongest wizard in the Sisterhood~ He's training a young girl, brand new to the Sisterhood, but I'm sure he'll be back soon~ I'll be sure to let him know of the news~"

"What about the repairs? It'll take forever to fix the place up, even with your second in command." Lyrik questioned. "Negative really messed this place up."

"No worries, our special...carpenter will fix this place up in no time~ No one can mend a web like she can~"

Nicori, once finished with the drawing of Iceik, handed the pen to Lyrik so he can sign his cast. Lyrik took the pen and still felt very sad about what happened to Iceik. He signed Nicori's cast and wondered how he could still be smiling after what had happened. Two of his friends perished, his mother is in critical condition, and his home turned to ruins.

"Hey Kiddo, why are you so happy?" Lyrik knelt down by Nicori. "Something bad happened and we're all kinda stuck in a pickle. You okay?"

"I'm fine," Nicori faced Lyrik. "Well... I'm sad that Mr. Iceik is gone, but Mama told me something really cool when I used to feel really sad. She said that when bad things happen, they bring us closer together. Sometimes, looking at your darkest moment can empower you to make a brighter future. I know it stinks... but crying isn't going to bring Mr. Iceik back, right?" Nicori childishly kicked at the ground. "Besides, if we find a way to stop Negative or Citrus-Man, I bet that'll make Iceik super happy, don't you think?"

"Heh, you're mom taught you a lot of stuff, huh?"

"Yeah! Mama may be super lazy, but she's wise!"

Faunix smiled at Nicori, happy knowing that his spirits were still high.

He's still a child, yet, he speaks like an adult... I wonder when he started taking his own steps. For being such a brat at times, his heart is definitely in the right place. Oh, Nicori...

Faunix cleaned a tear from his eye and turned to Black Shadow. 

"Both magic societies have been hit pretty hard. Now with both Master Shine and Master Z out of commission, there is no one capable of holding their role... I think we should leave this group to their own path, they appear to be set on a direction. You, Me, and Tort should report back to the Brotherhood and report this to Ballows..."

“Aquario… I heard hew as pretty tough around this place. He was even considered to be part of the Black Magic Guard once by ShineCero himself.” Liza thought.

“Well, I guess we have nothing to do here… let’s give this dog a proper burial then. If Liza is willingly to come along, then I’ll come too. You guys make things interesting, and there’s a lot of stuff I can come across.” Bob turns to Vox on sharing the loot. “Yeah, we definitely need to split up the loot we got from that city. Who knows what kind of stuff they have hoarding in there?” 

“Well, where are we going to bury him at?” Liza asked Asuza.

===

Tort decided to approach Asuza, due to her fiery appearance. “It seems that you’re a fire-based mage. I don’t have much memory since I was knocked out during this, but your group needs to return back here after you finished off your little ventures.” He said without waiting for a reply. “I expect to see you lots soon. Anyways, let’s get a move on.”

Black Shadow nodded. “Let’s not waste any time.” Black Shadow, Tort and Faunix left the Sisterhood of White Magic and headed to Brotherhood of Black Magic.

Vox says to bob "Lest hope we looted some practical gear for our party."

Vox says to Liza, Bob, Asuza, Lyrik and Nicori "I gest we are now a party."

"I'm pretty sure he lived up in the Snowy Mountains since that was where we first met." Asuza said while looking at the axe and running her finger along its blade. "We're headed to Empire State anyway, so it's not too out of the way of our next place to go." It made her wonder if he had a family or lived by himself. "Anywhere else would just be wrong."

After Tort dismissed himself, Asuza rubbed her chin. "I guess coming back here makes the most sense. Looks like we are a party for a good while, huh? But if we're going to be heading out with Nicori, he has to promise not to wander off." She said sternly to the little monster. "We're on a time-sensitive mission, so we have to get it done asap. Now let me sign your cast." Once Lyrik was done signing, she took the pen and made her signature on it, with a heart around her name.

"D'aww.. alright 'Suza." Nicori whined playfully. "I'll make sure to stick by your side."

"You better stay by her side, young man~" Z-Nurse said harshly. "You are in no condition to cause any more problems~ These brave people put their lives on the line to save you, Nicori~ Behave yourself or else I won't let you travel anymore~"

"Aww, but Mooooom!"

"No buts~ You've caused enough trouble, next time you won't be so lucky~"

Nicori frowned, knowing his mother was right. "Okay... I promise to listen to 'Suza and the others, especially with that Citrus-Loser running around. I'll be extra careful!"

Z-Nurse let out a sigh of relief. "Good~ Just don't give them a hard time, Nicori~"

Nicori nodded to the Z-Nurse and giggled when the nurse patted his head affectionately. He rose his cast in the air when Asuza was done scribbling her name and wiggled his fingers with joy. He overheard Vox talking about how they were an official party between friends.

"Yeah! A party! Like one of those JRPGs! We all leveled up too! We still got a while to go before we fight the mega boss!" Nicori babbled on.

"Alright kiddo, we get it." Lyrik laughed. "But I'm starting to feel a lot better now that we got a set course ready. Hell, I'm even ready to head out!"

"Please wait~" Z-Nurse spoke. "Please take this with you~"

Z-Nurse drew a portal with her pencil and dug her hand inside of it before pulling out a small action figure. It was the same one that attacked the Sisterhood earlier, Wrath. She floated by the group, holding the figure by its foot.

"This is a being I trapped inside a toy~ He was trying to destroy the Sisterhood earlier, but he failed~ He calls himself Wrath and he will aid you on your travels as well as protect Nicori~" Z-Nurse handed Nicori the figure. "He has powers of his own but the toy I sealed him in is a weapon so he's not completely useless~"

“I guess since we been traveling together, we might as well be considered a party now. Those are pretty rare these days. Most people usually either join a guild, have few people or simply go solo.” Bob added onto Vox’s comment.  

“Snowy Mountains… that’s where we found that weird machine.” Liza remembered their encounter with it. “Alright, that’s our destination; let’s hope his people aren’t the aggressive types.” She remarked. “Monsters are pretty unpredictable and often attack travelers. Especially the ones that live in areas with extreme temperatures.”

“As long we explained the situation to them, since Iceik can walked around and speak, I’m sure they would understand. I hope.”

“Huh? Now I’m being paired up with a kid?” Wrath thought to himself in his head. “Shit, my mission is now under flames because of this. Pride is going to have my ass if I don’t figure something out. Maybe I can take advantage of this for a while until I can get out of this situation.”

Liza raised a brow. “Huh, thanks? Whatever that makes that kid quiet for a good hot minute.” She didn't want to sign the cast; she'd simply turns to Asuza instead after she finished writing on it. “Ready to go?”

Vox says "Its a little sad that the classic party has been replaced with the unit. I will say these kids will get to see one the best parts of being in a party splitting the Loot."

"You aren't totally wrong about them being a bit on the aggressive side..." Asuza recalled the way they had met was Iceik and another monster tried to corner her when she was lost in the mountains. "But as long as I can melt some snow, I don't think we'll have any problems getting them to stand down long enough to hear us out." She sighed audibly and rubbed her neck morosely. "I hope it doesn't have to come down to that anyway. Let's just get it over with before anything else happens." Asuza stood up from her cot and dusted herself off.

"Cool, a new toy!" Nicori wiggled Wrath and tugged at his arms. "What can he do?"

"That is up for him to decide~" Z-Nurse chuckled. "But I believe it is time for you brave fighters to set out on your quest~"

Z-Nurse turned to Iceik's axe and drew a circle around it. The Axe began to glow until it shrank into a crystal with the axe inside. 

"This will make it easier to carry~ I assume a large axe like that will be difficult to carry around~ It will return to normal size when you squeeze it~"

"Alright, let's give Mr. Iceik the best snowy burial ever. I bet he'll be super happy to know he's back home!" 

"Yeah, we should head back, the sooner we leave, the sooner we can bury Iceik and fix Mr. One-Eye." Lyrik nodded. 

"Indeed, please be careful and keep an eye on my little Nicori~ I'm sure you guys are capable to overcome anything that stands in your way~"

Liza bowed to the Z-Nurse and turned to the others after Asuza received the crystallized axe. “It’ll be better if we go on foot, rather than trying to go there by portal. It’ll attract plentiful of monsters that way.”

“Good idea.” Bob checked out the look and placed them in the bag. “We can split the loot amongst us once we arrived at the Big Apple, now that we’re an official party.”

“If there’s nothing else, let’s move.” Liza left the building and waited for the others to leave. Bob followed suit.

Asuza took hold of the crystal and turned on her heel to make her way out of the Sisterhood with the others. "I'll do my best to make sure he gets home safe," she promised in a quiet voice on her way out. Although she didn't say it, she felt somewhere between alone and defeated because now nobody from her original group remained, even if she was part of a party now, and Asuza couldn't stop thinking about her helplessness about it all. She hoped things would look up for them all at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom