The Reality Vortex: Shadow Games

Dielec hummed a little as she played a bit with some electric currents between her fingers, the yellow coloring visible for those with sharp eye. As she was designed to have Elektrokinesis, there were certain advantages and disadvantages that came with her, so she knew how to use her powers in a responsible fashion. Having been around certain members of the Breakers made her smile as they had helped a lot in attuning those abilities and even helped her developing new moves altogether from her initial basic set. She was prepared to have a good fight.

Avalon’s eyes widen as Vortex Man approached him. In a way, he felt embarrassed that Vortex Man heard him, but if his ears were as keen as he says they are, then there was no stopping it. Avalon listened intently to what he had to say, silently comparing what Bernkastel said to him earlier. However, as Vortex man spoke, something stuck out to him.

“A painful existence? That kid looks fine tho’…” Avalon frowned slightly as he watched Asher leave the arena. “But if he knows the Tiger Palm, then that means he’s from my universe. And if what you say is true… then everyone from my universe is inside… him?

There was a small pause before Avalon spoke again.

“Bombarded…? By who?”

"Oh, time for what?" Berserk asked, wiping off her clothes carefully with a wet set of paper towels while looking over the merchandise stands for something that was either cool or not stupid-looking. "Are we late for somethin'?"
=====
"Let's see... we could go just outside the stadium since half the town is here watching, and they're probably raiding the concession stands," the woman tapped her chin in thought. Noting the young man seemed even more frazzled about being in crowds. "There's plenty of different places to choose from but you'll want just enough to concentrate without overeating and getting a stomach cramp mid-match. I'm still thinking what I wanna eat... hmm, maybe a veggie sub for some quick carbs? Anyhow you'll have options-- I can take us there and back in a jiffy?"
=====
"Avalon, Zenta, and Cuki are here, so he can't be the exact same as Hart if we assume a total lack of parallelism with the universes. Maybe if Zenta wasn't spacey at the moment, he could've been able to tell..." Bernkastel shrugged. She'd gotten bored of staring down at an empty arena and resigned to mixing together several sodas from a snack salesman into one large cup. "Two separate streams of consciousness is already a pain; more beyond that is just newly engineered insanity. Her choice to use Coin Gauntlets makes sense now..."

The witch stared ahead with dead eyes, pausing for a moment on Avalon's question. "Fears. Desperation. Sadness. Regrets. Hate. The happiness of one is the object of envy by all the others who remain without form. Death is the great equalizer of all these things, because it is the arbiter of nothingness. If she dies, she'll be in a worse-off spot. There is no true finality to death here but in her state..." Although her clinical tone lacked empathy it was strangely devoid of any particular sentiment towards Hart. Bernkastel treated her like a distant acquaintance of no closeness; just a person she was vaguely aware of. "Hm. I see now."

"Well. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. There's a good chance he doesn't know himself after all. The Voice isn't anyone's keeper now. Nobody is," Bern finished morbidly before taking a casual sip of her concoction.

Tournament Souvenir Stands

A cruel smile crossed Lucifer’s face. Berserk wasn’t human in a biological sense. She isn’t from another world like Avalon and the Saiyans to be considered an alien. She wasn’t a supernatural entity in the same vein as Bernkastel and himself. “To be strong, you must seek power.” He uttered those words with grace.

“No, we’re on time.” Lucifer approached Berserk—the difference in height between them was staggering. He arched forward as their eyes met. With a simple rub of his index finger and thumb, a small worm emerged in between. Holding it back its head, the angel spoke slowly as time around them slowed.

“I was reconsidering since I’m not familiar with your biology. I wondered if my attempts to unlock further power could be tampered with.” Lucifer’s eyes glowed with an elegant blue light. “But your resolve of getting stronger and your affiliation with chaos-like mindset… makes me believe that you are compatible.”

He stood up and stared at the worm creature. “You obtained newfound power, your body needs to absorb the Magatama, the one I’m holding.” The angel paused and did not proceed any further. “Once again, I’ll ask. Do you wish to obtain power greater than you can imagine?”

Cayde kept his frown throughout the discussion, dipping his head a bit.

"Now it all makes sense. Whenever I did recon with the Rogues, we had no idea that the Coin Hunter was this deep. We just thought she was the run of the mill psychopath...figured it was a good opportunity for the Breakers to come together and be the heroes of that story once they stopped her..."

The android glanced to the side.

"Maybe if we had just gotten involved with you guys back then...things would be different now."

Cayde stifled a small half chuckle, glancing up to Vortex Man.

"Sorry."

At the apology, however, the seats behind Cayde creaked and shot back up as Vegetto suddenly rose from his seat. The Potara fusion walked away with his back to the team; the Bad Man logo glaringly obvious while he spoke in a flat tone.

"I'm getting food. Tell me if you want anything."

Yet despite offering, Vegetto did not wait for a single person to take him up on the pitch and continued walking down the nearest staircase towards the concession stands. His eyes stared down each step in deep thought, his frown prevalent because while Cayde spoke of the situation, it was ultimately Vegetto's decision to keep Cayde, the Rogues, and himself out of the Coin Hunter fiasco when it began. His eyebrows furrowed slightly in annoyance initially, placing blame elsewhere.

Damnit...this isn't fair. I step back...I give them space...and they are hated because I was supposed to help. But when I act...when I take charge...they push back and hate me more...

Vegetto kept his frown at the prospect, grunting in annoyance at it all. The trajectory of it all went south the moment he chose to step away. Perhaps if he had stepped in like Cuki against Gogeta's first attempt to kill Hart, his power would've made the difference in stopping his fellow fusion's descent into an unhinged warrior bent on doing only what he wanted to do. Perhaps if he hadn't stood by when Spina was dying, the older Saiyan wouldn't be in the predicament he found himself in now. Perhaps if he had simply been the hero Clark instructed him to be, he could've saved both Hart and the Breakers from fighting each other.

Vegetto softened his stare a bit, forcing his mind off things that might or could have been while he joined the massive line. The Potara fusion did his best to ignore the stares; the masses' whispering and dispersal in fear of his arrival a clear indication that his latest rampage was known to the world at large. Yet his stare remained forward; a deadpanned expression on his face as the whispers grew louder, almost as if to bait him.

"Look out, here comes the new Blue Devil."

"Why save a city if you're just gonna blow up another one?"

"What if Doom wasn't the bad guy...what if he was trying to stop the..uhh...Silver Devil?"

"Nah that isn't as catchy as Blue Devils or Breakers...and most of them can't turn their hair silver anyway so-"

Vegetto's eyes remained forward, and as the conversations around him began to muffle in his attempts to detach from the outside noise, he stepped forward. The line continued to move at a snail's pace; the immense crowds gathering making it impossible to even order food in a timely manner let alone receive an order. Yet for all his effective measures at tuning out the words, a civilian conversing with their friends managed to sneak their way through and unravel his efforts as the words stung his core.

"A bad guy trying to be good. Maybe that's why the Breakers are so fucked up; they got scammed by following him as a leader."

In an instant, Vegetto broke from the long line, turning to his left and heading towards the voice that just spoke. His arms left his pockets, brazenly shoving and pushing pedestrians around with small cries and coughs ringing out from the forceful shoves. Once he had arrived to the small gathering of four friends, he promptly grabbed the back of a man's hoodie standing in between Vegetto and his target. Yanking down, Vegetto threw the man to the floor with a thud as he stood tall in front of the other one that spoke; the pedestrian's eyes wide with panic and fear as Vegetto's sharp glare met the man's eyes; his dual voice low while the Potara fusion slipped his hands back into his pockets.

"Say that again. Just the way you said it."

The old man finds some a place to order some food. He thinks "the imp is sitting in the arena." He says, "I would like 6 orders of chilly dogs and 2 french-fries." He gets his orders and sends 3 hot dogs and 1 french-fried to the imp. He finds some were to sit to eat. He starts to eat once he finds a good spot to eat.

-----
The arena

An Imp is juggling fire balls in order to keep its self-entertained as it whites for its master to trade places with it. The imp seeing the food makes the fire balls disappear and start eating.

Waiting Room

“Alright, so we must make some changes since Spider-Chaos left. We’re still going to proceed with the matches.” The announcer explained. “Omegamon and Dielec. You are the next match for this tournament. Come out when I call your names.”

Omegamon nodded. “Understood.” He stared at Dielec before turning away. “Hmph.”

---

“Um, okay… let’s go then.” Daiman agreed. “I am… kind of hungry. Maybe that’ll help me calm down. Lead the way.”

=======

Tournament Arena

Vortex Man felt a sort of abstract distance from Bernkastel’s way of speaking. One of the reasons why he chose to stick with Clark, not just out of safety for him, but assuring that none would go after Hart. Yet, the Witches of Miracles, the sole center of Hart’s entire conflict, seems absent-minded of her. Something must’ve happened to her was the immediate thought for the Kryptonian.

“If you’re that curious, go and meet him once the tournament is over. He’s from your world, right?” Clark jumped in the conversation but bringing some kind of positivity. “Zenta states Cuki supposedly mentored a lot of people, so he’s probably a student of hers.”

That spark of positivity to steer the bleak conversation crashed when Cayde spoke how they purposely did not help the Breakers deal with Hart. Vortex Man, obviously unaware of this, turned to Cayde.

“What?” Vortex Man immediate reaction was facing Clark for confirmation about the matter.

“I don’t know the details since I didn’t pry too much after I came back.” Clark reassured Vortex Man. “I just assumed they just couldn’t find her.”

Vortex Man’s reaction was more of a surprise, Spina’s reaction was a combination of shock, annoyance and utter disgust. This was the first time hearing such information.

Spina’s eyes twitched as if he was processing something separate from the conversation. Apparent veins appeared over his forehead, causing him to hold head in reaction. It was brief, but noticeable, before the sudden pain vanished.

“None of you would’ve made no difference.” Spina shot down Cayde’s offhand apology. “I glad it happened that way, because it shows me how undoubtedly useless in every aspect your little ilk is.”

“Hey, that was uncalled for! He was trying to say they should’ve aided you. They were trying to protect you and make you heroes.” Clark defended Cayde. He noticed Vegetto had stormed off. He wanted to go after him, but wanted to ensure that Spina understood what Cadye was trying to say and wanted to give Vegetto some space.

“Don’t bullshit me.” Spina retorted. “You were killed, and they couldn’t do a damn thing. That bastard leveled an entire city, and they excused as “you should’ve let him kill Hart”. We’re condemned for not being what he expected from us, while he acts like a lunatic in his own damn city of grovelers if someone even looks at him wrong.” His eyes became intense with rage. “I don’t need anyone telling me how I should act. Not from you, not from this scrap heap, and especially not from him.”

Spina turns to Vortex Man. “My only regret is having that bastard fighting you, but I’m glad that you two survived. You two had convictions.” It sounded sincere. “Now I have a chance to fight you at your best without interference when the opportunity comes.” It almost sounded sincere.

“That’s a bit of a gross oversimplification…” Clark thought to himself, but despite the Breakers’ apparent issues, Vegetto and the Rouges had their own problems as well. Instinctively, Clark reached for the back of his neck where the mark is embedded. The Kryptonian was scratching it compulsively.

“This one is a little...” Vortex Man noticed Clark scratching the back of his neck hard. “Hey, are you okay?”

“I don’t know, but my neck itches…” Clark

---

Upon Vegetto pushing down a man and confronted the one that insulted him. Before the fearful man could respond, the mark on the back of Vegetto’s neck shine brightly. Surge of red electricity burst out of it. Like daggers, it left a highly piercing sensation across the Potara Saiyan body. A destructive attack that rendered a body immobile as it attacks the very foundation of one’s soul; his body felt like it was dose in flames. It sucks away energy until they’re exhausted and eats away their muscle mass until they can no longer stand on their feet. Thankfully, it cannot be spread onto others.

Last edited:
Both Brachi and Majin Bara perked up at hearing the names of the next contestants, but clearly recognizing the name 'Dielec'.

"No way..." Bara said.
"She survived as well!?" Brachi asked.

In the waiting room, Dielec smiled at Omegamon.

"Let's make it a good match, once we're called up." She said, being polite and wanting to wish her opponent good luck.

Cayde's eyes followed the group, having initially prepared for a bit of backlash for the revelation. He glanced first between Vortex Man and Clark, receding ever so slightly at the shock from the other Kryptonian. Yet in the fleeting moment, Cayde's eyes found Spina in the momentary show of his emotion. The android furrowed his brows slightly, but upon the older Saiyan's switch in behavior once he started speaking, Cayde narrowed his eyes slightly.

He sat quietly throughout Spina's scathing dismissal of him, yet without fear of the older Saiyan's ruthless stance on the issue. Once it was finished, Cayde tilted his head to the side, closed his eyes and flexed his mechanical eyebrows upwards: an almost nonchalant, but accepting indication of Spina's assessment of him and the Rogues.

Cayde still remained quiet, glancing briefly to the others before turning his attention to Clark, curiously watching his friend scratch the back of his neck.

Vegetto's eyes widened at the sudden sensation, contorting and tightly clutching onto himself as his entire body was covered in the sudden blitz of red lightning. The electricity surging forth prompted the pedestrians and onlookers to take a step back, Vegetto dropping down to the floor with heavy agony in his eyes at the sensation. He twitched violently, groaning in pain while his mind worked to process anything against the attack; the type of damage somewhat known to him, but still very unfamiliar as he writhed in pain.

Yet as he struggled, the group he had pressured looked on in fear. Fear of an oppressor moments ago, but shifting gradually at the sight of their attacker weakened and vulnerable. There was no room for thoughts; a primal urge to survive against an attacking force had kicked in already, and now, the masses that had no strength to stand against the Potara fusion held the upper hand.

Within moments, each pedestrian moved forward, cautiously yet furiously throwing a blow down at the writhing Vegetto. A careful kick, a cautious shove, but once they saw their hits were landing without defense, the mob began to rush in. Blow after blow was hurled in rage and desperation, each pedestrian doing their best to strike out at Vegetto. The Potara fusion writhed, curling into a ball a bit while he was relentlessly struck again and again, the soul draining technique preventing him from defending in the usual manner.

As the unending damage to his body continued, Vegetto retreated inward further; unable to think or process any thoughts. Yet at his core, the danger was real: if this continued, he would die. A purity in that element rose within his subconscious, the world seemingly against him. And in that actualization, Vegetto's soul darkened further, the toxicity on display earlier from Turles building and mounting within him.

Unaware of the development, the crowd continued to batter the wounded and vulnerable Vegetto. Yet as the soul destroying technique lashed out at Vegetto's inner life force directly for his continued rebellion, it was met with an opposing, toxic force of Vegetto's own making. The cage binding Vegetto's soul within began to crack ever so slightly; a resistance against its encompassing power forming as Vegetto's pupils slowly darkened into a deep red.

The Imp sends a message to the old man. Indicating that he was a little early on wend he was going to be on stage. The old man sent back ok and enjoy the food then return. The Imp smiles and dos just that.

The old man finishes the food and heads back to the waiting room.

The Tournament Souvenir Stands

Berserk silently stood attentive, staring back up at Lucifer with a neutral expression. She didn't immediately respond at first, continuing to hold his gaze before taking a step back. Placing her hands on her hip, she tilted her head to smirk up at the angel.

"Heh, what're you saying? Of course I am-- I'm a Plutonium - no, a Powerpunk Girl! Once my mind's set, nothing is an obstacle for very long. It'll take a whole lot more than a worm to get rid of me!" Berserk stood firmly in her place. "I'm not just gonna be the strongest Powerpunk, I'm here to see who can give me a fun battle-- the Breakers won't be in any short supply of challengers like that but I need to step my game up if I want to have any chance of surviving for the long run. Like Grandpa said-- nobody needs dead weight to drag everybody down. So I gotta stay three steps ahead of the game. You're more than happy to help with that ain't ya?"

=======
Tournament Waiting Room

"Alright! We got just enough time for a snack stop. We'll be back in a little bit, Announcer Dude!" The woman placed a hand on Daiman's shoulder. "By the way, the name's Mooli. What's yours?" She asked; in her excitement to have a quick bite Mooli already had placed two fingers to her forehead. Their silhouettes were left behind as after-images upon leaving the fighter lobby.

Not many seconds after the two were outside of the stadium amidst a small plaza with assorted street eats. "Oh, sorry-- I forgot to warn you in case you get motion sick..." She stuck her hand out to shake hands with Daiman. "Whaddo you like to eat? If you have your favorite, maybe it'll help with the jitters."

=======

"Conviction..." Bernkastel mumbled. "I see. Then what would yours be, Spina?" she asked curiously, since he seemed to place it with high importance. Vegetto's sudden departure from the conversation made her pause with mild confusion but she elected to ignore it.

Waiting Room – Small Plaza

“Uh, my name is Daiman---”

Immediately afterwards, Daiman appeared outside of the room and was outside of the stadium. He could barely comprehend what happened and fell to his knees. “W-what…”

He was on the verge of puking but managed to fight against it. “Y-yeah… thanks for the warning…” Daiman regains his composure and shook Mooli’s hand. “Um... I like… burgers.” He held onto his stomach. “What kind of move was that…?”

Tournament Arena

Once the arena was restored to its peak condition, the announcer stepped into the ring beaming with vigor. “Thank you everyone for being so patient! We have a little bit of an issue, but rest assure, the tournament will continue!”

Fist pumping the air, the announcer turns to the large screen that shows all the remaining fighters. “Fighting in this round is Dielec and our favorite returning participant, Omegamon! Everyone, give them a round of applause!”

Omegamon stepped into the arena. The first thing he did was observe the spectator area as if he was looking for someone. “Not here after all…” He expressed disappointment. “For sure I thought I sense Goku among the audience. Was I mistaken?” He thought to himself.

The Digimon eyed the Breakers, instantly recognizing them. “The Breakers are here…?” He turned away from them to see his opponent approach the arena. “I was told that Goku was involved with the Breakers on some case. If they’re here, then surely Goku should still be around, but he’s nowhere to be found?” He was completely lost in thought, barely paying too much attention to his surroundings.

===

Spina turned to Bernkastel when she prompted him with a question. “Isolation.” It was a short, but straight to the point.

“No… something is off.” Clark turned to the direction where Vegetto stormed off. “He’s sure taking his sweet time… I’ll go check on him.”

“I’ll go with you.” Vortex Man didn’t like how Clark’s tone was bit of a downer side.

“Alright. We should all go. He looked pretty upset—”

“Don’t give a shit, I’m watching the fight.” Spina shot down Clark right away and refused to move at all. He had little to no interest in Vegetto’s dilemma.

“Okay…” Clark accepted Spina and didn’t want to protest. His concern for Vegetto was building and the pressure on the back of his neck became much heavier. “Let’s go.” With a simple nod, both Kryptonians flew off with haste.

-----

Tournament Souvenir Stands – Mob Violence

As the Kryptonians flew through the entire stadium park, Clark spotted a crowd of people rushing in to beat on Vegetto. Nothing but panic and fear appeared on Clark’s face. “What the heck are you people doing?!” He shouted on the apparent mob violence that aspired. “Vortex! Back me up, I’m going to disperse the crowd—” A sudden rush of red lightning surges across his body. “Arghh!” He cringed in pain. “What…!? Gosh nabbit! My body…?!” He fell, crashing on a nearby food stand.

“Clark!? What’s wrong?!” Vortex Man shouted at him, but instantaneous pain rendered Clark incapable of speech and incapacitated. The Kryptonian had to deal with Clark later; the focus is ensuring that the people get away from Vegetto and making sure the latter doesn’t blow up the place over it. “Hey! Back off! What the hell are you doing?!” Not giving them a chance to respond, with a wave of his hand, Vortex Man blew them away with strong winds. It wasn’t deadly or anything dangerous, just enough to provide space for the Potara Saiyan.

With the people out of the way, Vortex Man approached Vegetto with caution. “I sense that same toxicity that Hart warned about. Ever since that guy turned into whatever that was…” The Kryptonian balled his hands into fists. “He been an unstable mess from what I heard and seeing it in person… Now he’s trying to fight against that mark Spawn put on him. He’s a damn fool…” He turned his head slightly to Clark struggling to stand on his feet. “Sorry… but I’m not taking chances.” Vortex Man cocked his hand back with full intention of killing Vegetto. “Let’s hope you calm down when you’re a coin. Maybe, just maybe your influence will wane once you’re gone.” His fist glowed brightly as he launched his fist toward the Potara Saiyan.

Mere seconds before impact, Vegetto vanished from Vortex Man’s sight. Punching against the ground and kicking up dirt as consequences, the Kryptonian looked around to see where he had gone. His ears perked, hearing footsteps coming in his direction.

A tall man wearing a long indigo blue trench coat with a dark teal long sleeved button shirt with an extended collar, matching pants with a white belt o his waist and black shoes. “Not only do I hear that Coella is making betting pools in my tournaments again… but the Breakers are present as well?” His tone was rough, harsh and seemingly proud. “Guess luck is on my side today…”

“Kaiba…?” Vortex Man recognized the man who organized the tournament. His eyes trailed over, seeing a card in the man’s hand. He felt an alarming level of toxicity in that card. Using his super-sight to have a closer examination. “V-vegetto?!” Seeing the Saiyan turned into a card.

“I seen enough to know where this is going… I’ve been spying on the Breakers for a while ever since our first encounter.” Kaiba referencing the time Breakers came to his card shop in Metropolis. “I’m not going to let some musclehead turn this place into a desolate wasteland. I already have that in another city, so that just bad business practices.” He turns to the people that participate in the mob beatings. “I can always use some more fodders as well.”

Clark finally managed to stand on his feet and stood next to Vortex Man. “Kaiba…” He already heard everything, but he did not like the idea of someone trapping Vegetto.

“Clark… my favorite participant. I didn’t know you were friends with him.” Kaiba chuckled.

“Kaiba, listen. I think things just got out of hand and people got scared.” Clark took few steps closer to Kaiba. “Let him go so I can talk to him---” Underneath his feet, the entire ground shine so bright that it nearly blinded both Kryptonians.

“Sorry, but I have a worthy opponent to find.” Kaiba smirks. “I activated the trap card!”

Tournament Souvenir Stands – Clothes Shopping

Lucifer nodded. “What a vigorous soul you have, dear Berserk. I have no doubt that you will become something magnificent. Indeed, I’ll gladly help you achieve what you’re aiming for. Now… for your body to absorbed Magatama…” The angel held his right hand up and without warning, stabbed Berserk through the chest. “You must die.” It was a swift blow. He pierced her body as if it was mainly butter. He stood over her with a neutral expression. He pushed her back in between buildings to prevent any passerby from noticing. “You will feel your stamina drop, and your mind going haywire. Your energy levels drop so fast, you won’t even have the strength to fly away. But rest assured…”

Pulling out his bloody hand from Berserk’s chest, Lucifer’s eyes darkened. “This is necessary step as the Magatama feeds on your body in attempts to prevent you from dying and merged with you. From there, the Magatama will test your reason. Your personal journey worth for it to give its power to you.” The angel stared at his bloody hand and simply clean it with a handkerchief. “Do try to convince the Magatama by showing the same vigor you shown me. Then you shall be reborn. Well, figurately speaking.” He chuckled slightly as he dropped the worm into her chest as it worked its way through. “Your mind will no doubt be confronted with vivid images, caused by the demonic power of the Magatama. I suggest you stand strong, so you won’t perish.”

Dielec smiled as she stepped into the arena herself, popping her neck a bit as she got ready, while waving at two members in the audience she spotted, whom in turn waved back at her.

"I'll see you soon, Brachi and Bara..." she said to herself, "first I have this tournament to go through."

She then bowed respectfully towards Omegamon, before going in her battle stance, ready.

“Looks like I’ll have to go diggin’ for more information later… Alter Beings are interesting, to say the least. I have barely any information on them, so maybe I should talk to Hart later when the time arises… If that kid is an Alter Being, I’ll find out…” Avalon said to himself. He looked around and noticed Vegetto, Clark, and Vortex Man gone.

They should’ve been back by now… I doubt Vegetto could have gotten far. Something feels wrong… Crap, I hope Vegetto’s not acting a fool again…

“Hey, I’m going to look for Vegetto, Clark, and Vortex Man. Keep my seat warm, Miss Bernkastel.” Avalon said before turning to Spina. For a moment, he worried about leaving Bernkastel with Spina, but he knew that she would be the only one to handle him. “Right, I’ll be back!”

Avalon rose from his seat and walked out of the seating area. He performed a few hand signs and held out his hand. A small paper sparrow appeared on his palm, chirping. With a single whistle, the sparrow flew into the air, flying in a random direction while Avalon picked the other direction.

Near Lucifer, he would feel someone watching him and an intense feral spirit approach him and Berserk. Between the buildings, a tall figure landed silently behind the two, not even stirring the ground despite being a giant. Two large ears flicked as the person raised his head, staring at Lucifer behind a black, cracked, visor. Lucifer saw his own reflection from the visor, followed by two large tails swaying gracefully behind the person.

“Ah, killing Breakers, are you, Lucifer Morningstar?” The voice was that of Zenta. “I suggest you explain yourself, now, unless you want me to handle this by force.”

As Bernkastel and Spina spoke amongst themselves, someone shuffled between the seats, taking Avalon’s seat next to Bernkastel. He was heard eating some popcorn and a hot dog while slurping on a Big Gulp soda. The man picked up his feet, placing them on the seat in front of him while he watched the next fight with glee.

“Man, I’m hyped! I think this one is gonna be good, I can feel it!”

The voice was very familiar. It was none other than Asher, the young man who lost to Turles. He was already patched up after visiting the medic tent. Up close, Asher had a lot more hair than normal, and his features certainly looked familiar. The young man had markings on his face, that, upon closer inspection, looked almost like the ones Cuki has. He was about as young as Berserk, perhaps a year older, but just as immature. The sunglasses he wore were still cracked, so he took them off. Once those glasses came off, his eyes shined a brilliant rainbow color. There was no doubt he was an Alter Being.

“Hope this seat ain’t taken.” Asher offered Bernkastel and Spina some of his popcorn while he munched on his chili cheese dog, getting some chili on his cheeks. It was obvious how much he liked food. His tail curled around his drink, showing that it acted almost like another arm for him. “I want to be right in front of all the action. It’s so sick seeing all these strong fighters, don’cha think?”

Last edited:
Tournament Arena

Twirling his microphone, the announcer pointed at Dielec. “On this corner, she’s an Android who can utilize lightning! Maybe she can create thunder clouds or shoot lightning bolts from her eyes?! Who knows? Meet Dielec!”

The announcer turns to Omegamon. “And on this corner, a Digimon that was part of an elite group called the Royal Knights from his world! He’s our most returning contestant who has a friendly rivalry with Goku! Meet Omegamon!”

====

In the secluded area with Coella and other gamblers, one of them was particularly eager for this battle. Omegamon was the fan favorite in these tournaments. He displays skill and elegance compared to most fighters. They had no information on Dielec, but he was confident that Omegamon would win easily. “Hmph. Gambling is such a risky… right. Don’t get sour grapes when you lose all those winnings! Omegamon is going to take the win for sure!”

====

After a round of roaring applause from the spectators, Omegamon seems focused now. “Apologies for ignoring you earlier. I was hoping that he’ll be participating in this tournament, but that seems doubtful now.” He looks up at a particular building.

The Digimon circled his arm, then quickly swiped his arm down. In reaction, his right hand transformed into cannon. “I’ll give it my all… I have a reputation you know. Can’t be losing to anyone until I get my true fight. No personal feelings, right?”

The announcer jumped in the air, full of excitement. “Alright! Both fighters, ready…? GO!”

“Garuru Cannon!” Straight way, Omegamon fired a freezing ball of energy ice hurling towards Dielec as it left trails of ice in its wake.

Tournament Souvenir Stands – Clothes Shopping

“Following me, Zenta? You don’t have to sneak around, I won’t bite.” Lucifer wasn’t fazed by Zenta’s sudden appearance. “Force? Oh my. You must at least take me out to dinner first, with some lovely flowers, before you can do that. I’m very delicate, you know?”

The angel crouched down and stared at Berserk’s body. “Berserk asked to become powerful and I’d obliged. Don’t worry, she’ll live as long she maintains her strong will and purpose.”

Dielec hopped into the air to avoid the incoming ice ball, landing on the side of the ice trail and launching first a yellow colored sphere of energy that mysteriously began to bounce around the arena harmlessly, while Dielec herself fired a basic energy wave known as the Arc Blast. While this was like a basic energy wave initially, it did have some electric power into it to increase its damage output, so even if it would be blocked, there would still be a fringe of the electric energy that can be felt, like when someone would be hit with a bolt of static, known as a static shock, or hear the soft crackling sound when pulling off a sweater while the air is sufficiently dry, like it would be during winter.

It was this bouncing orb however that Dielec was using as a distraction, as there was a rather deceptive use to it. At first sight, it appeared to have little use and indeed, it could just fade into nothingness over time as its bouncing got less and less, like how a bouncing ball can eventually stop. However, as the orb landed on the ground directly below Omegamon the orb exploded into a bolt of lightining, inflicting relatively little damage as if he just received a heavy punch or kick, but could also briefly stun the target, making it an effective combo breaker which would let Dielec on her turn recover and renew her assault, or perhaps even recover some ki energy along the way.

In this situation Dielec simply charged in to deliver several punches and kicks for a quick combination attack before charging electricity in her right hand after which she unleashes it forward to her opponent, creating a powerful electric energy burst to send Omegamon flying.

Last edited:
"That's the kind of confidence I like to see!" Coella pointed toward the man dramatically, suddenly full of spunk, unlike her calm demeanor seconds ago. "Bet on Omegamon to your heart's content! As some say, luck is what you make of it! People are lucky because they believe so! And even looking at the stats, Omegamon is a shoo-in, especially knowing all the ins and outs of this tournament from re-entering every time! A royal knight with all the training under his belt can't hope to fail!"

Coella jumped up a small poof from a magic gust and she floated above her table, twisting and twirling on her newly appeared broomstick as she spoke.

"But then there's the newcomer! Dielec, an Android of unknown origins, is only known by the information she relays! Quiet, respectful, and has the entire audience to impress! Who knows what kind of hidden power she possesses? Luck is surely to be on her side if she wins, for it would be a miracle for her to beat such a powerful opponent!"

Once she finished, however, she seemed to calm down and gracefully land back into her seat, the broom shrinking down and poofing into a small pendant before landing in the witch's hat.

"However it goes, winning, losing, coming to a nail-biting draw, I don't like to hold any grudges. Like I said before, the fun is in the gamble. It would be rude of me to blame Lady Luck for a decision she has ordained... But enough of my chatter, let's enjoy the show and see who walks out with deep pockets!" Coella finally laughed and watched the battle, her little cottontail wagging vigorously.

The old man enters the waiting room and sits down where he was the first time. The old man sits down and watches the fight saying nothing.

The old man thinks "I did hear mumblings about a group called the brakers. Are those just a group of local unfortunate brats? As long you don't cross any their bottom lines or poke the too much, they are harmless."

Tournament Arena

Omegamon swiped his left arm down; a grey sword emerged from his left hand. Seeing the attack coming, the Digimon slashed through with relative ease. However, the Digimon cringed from pain with the secondary effects from the attack took hold, forcing him to go down on his knees.

“Omegamon blocked the blast, but he still got shocked!” The announcer analyzed.

“Tch…” Omegamon noticed the ball that Dielec fired earlier landed in front of him. Suddenly, it exploded into bolts of lightning, once again shocking the Digimon. As Dielec dashed forward, the Digimon shook it off and jumped several feet back. Getting proper footing, he dashed forward in swift speeds and tackled Dielec with a shoulder tackle.

Pushing her back, Omegamon continued his assault. “Grey Sword!” With a series of brilliant movements, the Digimon uppercuts Dielec with his blade towards the sky. For several seconds, his blade gathers light until it shines beautifully. “Omega Blast!” The Digimon swings it at her direction, engulfing the android in a huge explosion.

====

“Tch… that attitude… she’s mocking me.” The gambler thought to himself, feeling kind of embarrassed that Coella is clearly in it for the fun of it. “Come on, Omegamon! Show that bucket of bolts that you mean business!”

Tournament Souvenir Stands – Mob Violence

After the bright light cooled down, everyone involved in the mob violence had disappeared, including Vortex Man and Clark. Kaiba, impressed by the haul he gathered, started shuffling through the cards one by one. There were notable people, but his greatest possessions with Vegetto and the Kryptonians. A mere glance of their stats, their abilities and the color of the card stood out from the rest. “With this… there’s no way I’ll lose.” He peered onto Vegetto’s card because there was something different about him. His statement about spying on the Breakers was true—but only to a certain extent. It was destroyed during the events when the Xy’phers invaded Rouge City. Any information afterwards was unknown to him. “No matter, I’ll improvised once I put him in play.”

Kaiba turned towards the tournament with a sneer. “If Vegetto is here, then the rest of the Breakers are watching the battle as well. They should be on their second match now, and I bet that Witch is making a killing with her picks. Heh. Just wait…”

Dielec grunted as she was first hit with the shoulder tackle, then engulfed by the explosion from the Omega Blast. However, while she did receive some damage, she wasn't down for the count just yet. Raising an arm high in the air, she proceeded to summon a number of lighting bolts from the sky to strike at Omegamon, before charging in for a quick combo move with several kicking strikes after which she fires a large electrically charged energy sphere at him, the close range allowing the attack to detonate to send Omegamon flying backwards, before she hopped a bit backwards herself to get some distance in, landing with grace on the arena ground, ready to defend herself against any retaliation while also releasing another of her 'Leaping Thunder' orbs to intercept Omegamon or interrupt his attack at any moment's notice.

Back
Top Bottom