The Reality Vortex: Shadow Games

Zenta carefully walked to the shack, holding a hand out to touch one of the souvenirs until he heard Reef call him out. Zenta immediately paused and pulled his hand back, respecting Reef’s rule. Although it was rude of Reef to call him a dog, he grumbled under his breath at not being allowed in the shack. Lucifer’s taunting did little to lighten his mood as he let out a low growl.

However, when Reef scolded Lucifer as well, a sly grin appeared on Zenta’s face as he tried to hide his laugh behind his hand.

“Fufu, yes, quite the predicament indeed, Little Lucifer.” Zenta chuckled as he taunted the angel. “Your presence messes with the vibe.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll get you guys something.” Avalon said. “What would you guys like—”

Before Avalon could finish, he felt himself pushed to the side by Spina. Avalon’s eyes narrowed once again as he clenched his hand into a fist before listening to Spina raise his voice and act out. Clark was trying to be nice, and Spina kept tossing him under the bus. Only when Spina was rough handling Reef did Avalon approach the Saiyan and grip his shirt.

“What the hell is your problem?” Avalon said boldly, tightening his grip on Spina’s shirt. “You’ve been out of control recently! What is going on with you, Spina?”

Zenta stared at the conflict between Spina and Avalon. In a way, he wanted to come in between the ninja and Saiyan, knowing that Spina could fatally harm Avalon.

“No one is trying to hurt you, so why are you acting so… strange?!” Avalon grunted. "We're a team here!"

“Oh, hush you,” Lucifer retorted as he stood outside. “Avalon, make sure you pick out something extravagant and expensive. If someone’s willingly to pay for our expenses, I’m going to take full advantage of that.”

Clark’s ears caught Lucifer’s intention. “You don’t have to go that far! I mean—”

The angel waved his finger. “Oh? But I heard you clearly.” Lucifer adjusted his voice to replicate Clark’s, down the mannerism and tone. “Don’t worry about the cost. I’ll pay for everything!”

“Uh, yeah, I did say that, but—” The Kryptonian sweated a bit since

“Good. Avalon, get the most expensive items you can find. Oh, and please pick out a splendid poncho for this noddle machine. Oh, and some gaudy pants for the beast as well. I’d grown tired of seeing him wearing such outlandish pants. Oh, and for the Witch, I’m sure you can find plentiful of gothic attires for her. Especially since she doesn’t seem to mind wearing heavy clothes.”

He paused for a second, eyeing Berserk skimming around the store. “Oh, Berserk, my dear. Please find a fabulous umbrella for the Witch. The summer heat is at its peak today, and we all have watched our skin.” Obviously, Lucifer eyed Vegetto. While he wasn’t in the shop physically, he spotted something that would be great for the Potara. “Oh, Avalon! I just found a perfect fit for our *leader*! Listen closely—”

However, Avalon had rushed off to chase after Spina; completely ignoring his requests. “I’m sure he heard all of that.”

“Probably wasn’t the smartest idea to say that you’ll pay for everything, Kal.” Vortex Man scolded him.

“Hey, uh, mind pinching in?” Clark laughed nervously after pulling out his wallet.

“Nope.”

==

Spina was the quickest to find his attire. He placed them on the checkout counter for Reef. It wasn’t much and certainly not suitable for the summer heat: a grey tank-top, black hoodless cloak, fingerless gloves with spiky armbands, and black leather pants. “That’s it.”

Reef raised an eyebrow at Spina’s taste in fashion. “You sure bro? I mean, it’s hot—”

“That. It.”

“Got it, dude.”

The old Saiyan felt his shirt tugged, facing an angry Avalon. He was silent as his eyes narrowed. Without hesitation, Spina punched the ninja in the stomach hard; a powerful shockwave emitted from the impact that rattled the store. Fortunately, it was not enough to cause any meaningful damage. He’d followed up by striking Avalon in the jaw with a kick, tossing him out of the store.

Spina turned his head slightly to Reef. “You finished?”

“Y-yes!” Reef became nervous. “Clark will take care of it, so uh, you want it in a bag dude?”

Spina grabbed his stuff and headed outside to where Avalon landed. He didn’t even bother using the Spa, despite his critical condition. “I don’t need to explain myself to you or anyone.” The old Saiyan raised his leg and stomped on Avalon’s chest; Spina pointed his finger down at him. “This is your team, not mines. Next time you crossed me, I’ll kill you.” Spina’s right eye shines through the darkness that covered the right side of his face. “Bastards like you are the worst.”

Without waiting for a response, Spina levitated from the ground and flew towards the top of the building.

“Man, someone need to get that guy some candy or something! He gotta get that edge off.” Clark scratches the side of his head. “Out of all the Breakers, its like Bernkastel is the most normal one.”

“Yeah, and that’s the scariest part.” Vortex Man said.

Lucifer approached Avalon. His face was curiosity of what Spina’s sudden change in behavior. No doubt that Spina had changed. In fact, throughout the incident with Detective Goku and the Red King, Spina had drastically changed, and now Avalon took the worst of it. “Oh dear, Avalon.” The angel held Avalon so the ninja could stand. “Now… as I was saying about what you pick in that store. I hope you’re writing this down on your scroll, because I won’t be repeating myself.”

Last edited:
Vegetto's narrowed glare trained onto Spina consistently at the older Saiyan's constant demeaning and damning behavior towards Clark, his arms crossed and pressing into the tattered gi covering his chest. He silently watched Spina throughout the initial exchange; his attention clearly diverted as he ignored Reef recalling the outburst at Reflection City. Yet his eyebrows lifted immediately once the words registered in his mind after a few seconds, and Vegetto quickly glanced towards Clark, wondering if the Kryptonian had seen that broadcast since the news was more wide spread than he had thought.

However, once Clark continued to try and calm down Reef, Vegetto's surprised expression slowly and quietly mellowed back into his focused stare, his eyes shifting back towards Spina. His attention remained diverted, watching Spina push past Zenta and Avalon with little care, along with the others moving into the store. Soon after, Avalon came flying through the front door of the store, the wind and force left in the wake of such a blow ruffling Vegetto's hair and gi, but the Potara fusion stood like stone as the ninja crashed into the ground in front of him.

Vegetto briefly glanced over Avalon; his expression indicating what little concern he had for Avalon in the moment. His eyes shifted back towards Spina who soon exited the store with his items in hand, his eyebrows narrowing. Silently watching the exchange again with a narrowed glare, Vegetto stood by in his thoughts.

This is the second time you've returned from the dead. No one takes hits like that and comes back on their own. The others think you've changed...but they should know better. This is the real you...the only problem is what or whoever is helping you see that.

His eyes snapped to the side, however, watching Lucifer raise Avalon up to his feet and resume the same questioning. Vegetto's glare remained, and soon, he strode up to the pair. With a flick of his wrist, Vegetto shoved Avalon back a few feet; enough care to make sure the ninja didn't fall over, but not enough to be friendly about it.

"Why don't you leave him alone, and tell me what you want to buy instead."

Vegetto kept his stern stare, meeting Lucifer's eyes with neither rage or apathy.

"We'll wear whatever you have in mind."

As Avalon got rag dolled by Spina, and then Vegetto, his eyes slowly opened, and the wave of pain began to settle in. His body curled up as the hit to his stomach had knocked all the wind out of him. Sweat rolled down his face while his eyes glanced up to see Spina fly away. He wanted to go after him to solve the issue he was having, but his body was unable to do so.

What’s up with him…? Is this who he really is?

When Vegetto swatted him away, he landed next to Zenta, who grabbed him by the arm to prevent him from falling. Avalon looked up to see the beast smiling down at him.

“That was not your best idea, Avalon.” Zenta chuckled. “I think you should leave Spina alone. I sense… chaos within him. It was not there before…”

“Ugh… He’s part of the team.” Avalon said, pulling himself to stand. “Teammates are supposed to stick out for each other…” He placed a hand on his stomach, the punch was still taking its tow on his body. “But damn… what a punch.”

“In the meanwhile, did you catch what Lucifer said he wanted?” Zenta smirked before turning his head to the Angel. “We are not allowed inside since we destroy this ‘vibe,’ but I can imagine Clark’s wallet will suffer due to Lucifer’s expensive taste. Knowing Lucifer, he will take advantage of you offering to find him something expensive… You should learn not to say things so…openly in front of this man. Fufufu~.”

“True… Well, can I go to the spa? I’m… kinda hurtin’ right now.” Avalon groaned. “Hey, Reef. Where’s the magical spa place? Can we all go inside and soak?”

“I rather not.” Zenta immediately spoke after Avalon. “Lucifer healed me, so that is enough. No need to get my fur wet…”

Last edited:
“You’re allowing me to chose whatever clothes for everyone here?” Lucifer smile was absolutely delight. “You shouldn’t have, Mr. Leader.” He said with a bit of snark. “I’ll be happy to have everyone dress for success.”

“Uh, you sure about that?” Clark crossed his arms. He thought he felt some bad blood between the two, but perhaps this was his way to do some good for the Breakers. “At least keep it… reasonable?”

“Oh, no. Now that Vegetto volunteer, I’ll make sure its top quality.” Lucifer pressed his hands together. “Listen closely. The noodle bot requested a splendid poncho; throw in a delightful straw hat just to make his outfit complete. For the Witch, she needs something that matches her personality. A black ruffle swimsuit with an umbrella. Her pale skin doesn’t seem to handle direct sunlight.” The angel, unable to enter the store himself, can still see the options within with his eyes. Scanning around, he found more clothing for the Breakers.

“Oh, Bara needs something that matches that personality of hers. Something adorable, yet mature. A sky-blue superb one-piece swimsuit with a bit of ruffle on the waist. For Berserk, she needs something to show off her muscles.” He noticed that Berserk most likely already chose her outfit, so he turns to Avalon and Zenta. “For the ninja gunning for the leadership role—” He became serious. “Give him a speedo and a nice shirt, since he always wants to be front and center in everything. For Zenta… nice sweatpants shall do it.” He paused for a second. “Crocs. Give him crocs.”

He scanned the store with his eyes once more until he spotted something. “Oh my, yes. For you, Vegetto. I have the most perfect outfit.” He raised his finger since it was in plain sight. “A rather pink shirt! It just oozes your personality.” The pink shirt had “Super Badman” on the back. “You must get it for yourself~!”

Clark turned to the pink shirt and pulled from the racks. “Whoa! This does look cool! You gotta wear it, buddy!”

“Oh, it next to the register stand, dude.” Reef pointed to the door that says Relaxing Spa. “Only one-person elf dude. And it only lasts for about one minute. Any longer… um, don’t know what happens after that, but yeah.” After hearing Zenta say he wasn’t entering it, Reef snapped back. “No, no. No dogs. I don’t want to go in there and unclogged your filthy fur!”

“Oh, I’m sure you can make an exception for this. I refused to let the stench invade my nostrils.” Lucifer lifted his finger, causing Zenta to levitate from the ground. “Hold on a second, Avalon. He shall go first.” With a flick of a wrist, Zenta was tossed into the Spa as the door closed shut. The angel turns to Vegetto with a devilish smile. “I think that covers it, fufu~”.

“Leadership role? Huh?” Avalon rolled his eyes at Lucifer’s words. He then tilted his head in confusion, since he did not know what a speedo was. “Speedo? Never heard of it. Bet it’s the latest fashion trend! Sure, I’ll give it a shot! Gimme the best one you got!”

“What are crocs?” Zenta said before finding himself being lifted by Lucifer’s power. Instinctively, he flailed around in the air before grabbing the door frame, digging his nails into it. “Lucifer Morningstar! Don’t. You. Dare!

“H-Hey, Lucifer, maybe you shouldn’t throw Zenta in the Spa and get his fur wet. Reef said—” Before Avalon could finish, Lucifer flung Zenta into the spa, closing the door to prevent Zenta from escaping. “Uh oh…”

A loud splashing noise came from the other side of the door, as well as a panicked yell from Zenta. More splashing noises came from the other side, no doubt from Zenta’s flailing and desperate attempt to escape the water. Things were heard shattering and being tossed around as the splashing continued. Eventually, gurgling noises from Zenta came from the other side.

“Uhh… Sounds like he’s drowning. Zenta knows how to swim, right?” Avalon said with a concerned look. Eventually, scratching noises were heard as Zenta desperately tried to claw his way out of the room. “Well, you should open the door, Reef, I think he’s had enough.”

Reef was panicking when Zenta was tossed into the Spa without warning. “Oh man! Boss is gonna wrecked me if he even finds a slight fur in the floorboard.” He turns to Avalon asking him to open the door. “No can do, dude. Once you’re inside, you’re in there for the entire duration. It will not open no matter what.”

“Quit worrying so much, Avalon. You cannot be a leader if you spent so much time being anxious over the smallest of things.” Lucifer chuckled. “Zenta’s a big boy.” He turns to Vegetto, ensuring that the Potara fusion got everything needed for their big purchase. “You got that? Come on, let’s get moving. I want to see everyone dress for success.”

“That’s…” Clark cleared his throat. “You’re rather knowledgeable in fashion?”

“As you would expect,” Lucifer smirks. “For any situation, I prefer everyone and myself to be in the most pristine condition. Whether in battle or an outing, your presentation is of the upmost importance. Even a brute like Vegetto understands that much. I would rather have you changed your tacky clothes, but something tells me that you will somehow pick an even worse fit.”

“W-wait, what’s wrong with my outfit!? I looked kind of cool, right?” He looks at Vegetto, Cayde and Vortex Man. “Right?”

Vortex Man crossed his arms and lost in thought. He didn’t know Spina that well, aside from maybe occasional quips from Hart and Superman. Yet, just as his feeling that Bernkastel changed, he felt something is off surrounding Spina. He was vicious, quick to anger and off putting in general. He recalled a conversation he had with Hart after the Rouge City incident.

“A monster? Like something from your world?”

“No… I never seen a creature like that.”

“Probably some creature from another world. So many people come into Vortex across different realities.”

“No. What I saw… had no connection to any worlds. It was a native to this world. And that monster is now with him. I believe… Vegetto’s toxicity is triggering him somehow. I don’t think they’re aware of it, but I told him to leave the group. Otherwise… he’ll be in same position as I was…. Deranged, filled with hate, lost.”

“Is… that why you despised Bernkastel?”

“….” Hart became silent. “I think that monster took advantage of my pain. It’ll be hard to move forward and face her. I still have lingering feelings that are not good. I don’t know if it’s from my own will, or the will of that thing. I can’t face her yet.” She looks at Vortex Man. “Imagine what Spina might be going through.”

Vortex Man nodded once.

“Listen, if Vegetto steps out of line… it might be the push… so keep an eye out.”

“Earth to Kal! Hey!” Clark tapped his shoulder.

“Huh? What’s up?” Vortex Man snapped out of it.

“I’m asking if you like my outfit?”

Vortex Man blinked. “Um. Why try asking Berserk? I think she’s into that sort of trendy fashion.”

At the same time, there was a sound that beeps once. The door to the Spa opened, releasing tons of steam. It pushes out Zenta, whom not only his fur is completely clean and dry, but his entire body feels refreshed. Everything around the beast sparkled; his visor glistering when any sort of light hit it.

“Ah, that’s much better!” Lucifer clapped.

Lucifer's genuine delight prompted Vegetto's eyebrows to narrow in frustration, the Potara fusion making little effort to conceal his actual frustration at hearing the angel speak. His narrowed eyes twitched, Lucifer's laundry list of recommendations gradually annoying Vegetto further and further while he scanned the racks. In his frustration, Vegetto rapidly shot his hand out, preparing to yank the shirt Lucifer recommended from the racks only in the notion of simply shortening the amount of the angel's voice he would hear. Yet his arm instantly stopped, his stunned expression remaining in seeing Clark hold the shirt and give his stamp of approval.

Vegetto paused, taking the shirt from the Kryptonian and looking it over thoughtfully for a moment. His lips rose to the side in a small half smirk, scoffing lightly and shaking his head once.

"Tsk...of all things...this blasted shirt made it here."

His expression softened slightly.

It was comfortable...

In the midst of standing in the store, Vegetto promptly reached up and gripped onto both his blue gi top and orange shirt. With little effort, the Potara fusion simply tore off the upper half of his gi and simply tossed it to the floor; his chest littered with scabs from the cuts in the final battle. He quickly slipped his arm into the shirt, slowly pulling it on over his exposed chest and buttoning it up to the neck while the others spoke. Only when Clark questioned the others about his fashion sense did Vegetto perk his head, but the Potara fusion bluntly and nonchalantly looked away without giving Clark a response; a clear indication of what he believed.

However, Cayde emerged from behind the racks shortly after, dawning the poncho and straw hat recommended by Lucifer. The brim lightly bumped a few racks as Cayde peered forward, a genuine thumbs up with his right arm towards Clark while he spoke with a warm mechanical tone in his voice.

"You look great, buddy. Don't listen to the haters."

Vegetto folded his arms across his chest, glancing out towards the exit.

"Get your outfits and let's go already. We'll miss the first fight if you guys take any longer."

"Fashion can only do so much when you're a huge nerd, but ditching the Hawaiian print is a start!" Berserk emerged from a nearby fitting room in a semi-new outfit, having swapped out her skirt for black Tripp pants with bright red accents along the seams and flaps of several pockets going down each leg. The Powerpunk also opted for platform combat boots that made her not only feel taller but put more weight in her steps. "Tank tops aren't my thing so I just got a replacement that's a bit more breathable. If ya want to look super ultra cool Clark, you oughta wear this--" Berserk snatched up a yellow shirt with POSTBOY written in bold letters. "It'll make even cargo pants look a little cooler."

Bernkastel stood outside the shop after having been kicked out by Reef staring up in the direction Spina took off in with narrowed eyes and a slight scowl. The altercation with Avalon prompted a sort of startle reflex, one of her arms having jerked up. Watching Spina's moves intently Bernkastel's arm remained bent at the waist, frozen in position even when it turned out Spina's reaction was ultimately nonlethal. Lowering her gaze, the Witch turned away from the group's conversations.

That was close. If I acted on my misread of the situation... Bernkastel scolded herself. She had no way of knowing if her 'purge' attack would end with Spina's body reverting to a bisected corpse this time around. As if by design, she was between a rock and a hard place in terms of how to handle Spina's increasing aggression. If I'm not careful about this I'll end up with a worse situation than Gogeta on my hands.

"... what a pain," Bernkastel muttered aloud to herself inadvertently after Vegetto motioned for the others to get a move on. Grabbing an umbrella handed to her by Berserk, the Witch used a free hand to engulf her body in a bright magical light as well as the ruffled black jumper from the shack. After several seconds the light dissipated to reveal Bern switched her old clothes with the set on the hanger. "This?"

"As expected of a witchy girl-- not bad, not bad!" Berserk nodded in approval of Lucifer's pick. "Though with how short you are, it reminds me of an old Victorian painting... you even have that haunted look the kids in the paintings have!" she chuckled.

Bernkstel opted for silence at the remark before turning to see Zenta looking clean and refreshed. "Oh, there you are. Now that all that grime is off, your fur is practically snow white. Put me inside the swirling water cube next, it looks fun."

I don't think Zenta found it very fun, Berserk sweated.

“So, something that beats my already cool clothes?” Avalon glanced down at his worn and torn clothes. “Well, I guess an upgrade wouldn’t hurt.”

Avalon stared at the clothes in the shop until he decided to pick out a tight black shirt and some loose black pants. He tightens the ends of the pants around his calves. The pants had many pockets for him to store his Scroll and other ninja tools. He kept his scarf, however.

“This will do for now.” *Avalon dusted his new clothes, fitting him like a charm. His attention then turned to Zenta who came out of the Spa, squeaky clean. “Hey! You look great, Zenta!”

The moment Zenta took a step out of the spa, his fur instantly puffed up, making him a walking fur ball. The beast let out a groan as he desperately tried to smooth his fur out.

“This is… degrading. Utterly humiliating…” Zenta said, completely embarrassed.

“Aw shucks, you look like a giant cotton ball, Zenta!” Avalon joked. “Don’t fret! I got you some new pants, so just change into them when you have the chance.”

Zenta did not wait and instantly yanked the pants from Avalon’s hand. In a swift movement, he ripped off his old pants and put on the new ones. They weren’t much different from the ones he had, they were just a cleaner and not worn out. Even the color was the same.

The beast casually made his way to Bernkastel’s side; however, his attention was entirely focused on Lucifer. His expression was stoic, and he simply gave Lucifer a toothy grin.

“I will promise to repay the favor, Lucifer Morningstar… This deed of yours will not be without its reward…” Zenta snarled.

“Alright, now that we’re all funky fresh, we should probably catch up with the tournament. I think it’ll be a good experience for us. Who knows, maybe we’ll learn something.

Clark’s eyes became watery after Cayde gave his approval of his outfit. “Thank you, Cayde!” Wiping away happy tears, he did agree that perhaps it was time to make a change. Taking Berserk’s suggestion, the Kryptonian removed his current top and replaced it with the POSTBOY shirt. “Wow, this feels so comfortable!” He stretches and flexes his muscles to make sure there were no rips or tears of its fabric. “Just right!” Clark eyed at a blue hat and nabbed it. “And I’m complete! Do I look cool? Uhh, what do they call it? The drip?” Once again, Clark did a pose as his teeth sparkled like diamonds.

“Yeah, you look great, but uh, don’t ever say that again.” Vortex Man felt a little embarrassed. “He somehow looks even worse…”

In the meanwhile, Lucifer was holding himself back from laughing after Zenta’s fur puffed up. “I’m sure you will, Zenta. For now, I’ll take my turn.” Lucifer turned to the Witch in her new outfit. “I was on the mark with your tastes, Bernkastel. I especially loved the umbrella. Just makes you feel whole.”

After hearing Bernkastel wanting a turn, Reef once again objected to the idea. “Wait, you can’t just—”

“Yes, I wish to have a turn as well.” Lucifer waved his finger, forcing Reef to slide to the right and forced his mouth shut. “It’s a few moments; don’t worry, neither Bernkastel nor I will leave behind bad omens.” Lucifer took to the Spa first; few moments later, he exited out feeling completely refreshed.

“Nothing beats a steamy, hot bath. It rejuvenates your pores; cleanse your soul and even gets rid of bad energy.” Lucifer snapped his fingers to change into his new wear. It was a white tropical leisurewear and light blue seersucker swim trunks. To accompany it, he wears a big, white ascot and light blue fancy sandals. After putting on round sunglasses, the angel smirks with bold confidence. “Now we don’t look like a group of rags. Well, most of us, really.” He turns to Reef. “Thank you for providing these services to us. I’ll be sure to leave a favorable review.”

Seeing everyone had their new outfit and taking turns to using the Spa, Clark nodded once. “Right. Let’s make haste! We’re gonna miss the tournament at this rate!”

After paying the extremely high price for the items, Clark headed outside and noticed Spina standing on the building. “Yo! We’re departing and headed to the tournament!”

Spina turned his head slightly. Wearing a hoodless cloak and a grey tank-top that only covered his chest, leaving his abs exposed. He finished his fit with fingerless gloves with spiky armbands and black leather pants. His expression was stoic when Clark said that they were finally leaving. Without a response, he levitated from the ground, ready to leave when they did.

“Alright, let’s go!” Clark said.

U5BOizi.png

The Strongest of the Skies Martial Arts Tournament!

After getting new clothes and a moment of pandering at the Cool Wave Shack, the Kryptonians and the Breakers finally arrived at the tournament. Not surprisingly, the entire was packed with spectators. There were tons of food and souvenir stands that had massive lines. But the main event was the massive arena where the fighters are showing off their fighting prowess.

“Just up ahead! Keep behind me.” Clark said, while people around them stared at the Breakers with suspicion, terror and curiosity. There were few comments among the crowd as the Breakers walked towards the actual tournament arena.

“Hey, is that the Breakers? Uh oh. They’re not here to drag this city to a battle, right?”

“I thought they were fighting rock people?”

“Wow, look at that hottie! What I would do to…”

“Yeah, bro that Witch girl is pretty good—”

“Not her! I’m talking about that purple guy! He’s rocking that black outfit!"

“But what’s up with the other's outfits? They looked so tacky!!”

Finally, they arrived at the front entrance of the tournament. Clark met with the Clerk and paid for all the Breakers’ tickets to spectate the tournament. “Okay… we’re finally here.” The Kryptonite was excited to bring them here. “I know that you guys have your bumps in the roads, and it means a lot that you guys are giving me a chance to right the wrongs.” Clark turns to them. “Let’s have some fun, and don’t worry about food. I hope you guys enjoy the tournament!”

Clark led them inside the arena—and it’s tremendously massive. All the seats across the arena were practically filled to the brim. All the audience cheering on at the ongoing battle between two fighters.

“Bam! What a powerful punch!” The announcer shouted at his mic. He was tall, slim and wore a black suit. He has dark skin and a large, light bouncy afro with white streaks. “Spider-Chaos isn’t backing down at all! How will Michael Myers turn this around?!”

The Breakers missed most of the battle and it’s seemingly heading to its conclusion. The arena was destroyed, riddled with craters from their battle.

On the other side, one contestant struggled to stand on his feet. “Michael Myers is still standing! What a furious display of will power!” The announcer called out his name. Myers is tall and had a medium build. He wears a blue jumpsuit and a white mask.

The other contestant, Spider-Chaos, hopped around with swagger and confidence. He wore a black and white suit that covered his entire body from head to toe; it resembled that of a spider. “This is the most fun battle I had since coming here. Sorry scary dude, but I want that big prize!” Oozing with chaotic energy, he slammed both his fists together and released a powerful burst of energy. Dashing forward, he released webs from his hands; each web line covered in “chaotic energy”.

Myers steadied himself before weaving the webs and slashing the ones he can’t dodge with his dagger. Once Spider-Chaos got close enough, the masked man quickly grabbed hold onto the spider’s shirt and forced him close. The darkness behind Myer’s eyes from the behind seemingly caused Spider-Chaos to become paralyzed in his movements.

“Oh!!! Myers used some strange attack! They say that if you looked into his eyes, you’ll seen an endless void of your worst fears and will leave you paralyzed!” The announcer shouted. “Is this the end of Spider-Chaos.”

Myers tightened his grip on the hilt of his dagger and rushed towards him. A twirl of flames burst around the blade as it headed towards the Spider’s head. At the last possible second, Spider-Chaos dipped down and followed up with a powerful uppercut to the jaw. Myers went flying back and crashed against the ground.

“Whoa! Spider-Chaos somehow managed to move!? How is this possible!!” the announcer asked.

Spider-Chaos turns to the announcer. “Easy! I’m full of CHAOS! Fear is nothing!” He shot two web lines to each corner end of the arena and took several steps back. After some distance, he propelled himself forward to the fallen Myers. “Hey! Are you okay!?”

Myers heard Chaos’ question and attempts to stand, only to be immediately punched rapidly by Spider-Chaos in all directions.

“Can’t respond when you have the FIST OF JUSTICE IN YOUR JAW!” Power gathered into his fists. “HERE’S COME THE BIG ONE! CHAOTIC SPIDER!” After a destructive onslaught of blows, Spider-Chaos kicked Myers flying out from the arena and slammed against the walls. He quickly passed out.

“What a brutal delivery of blows!” Announcer was excited. “Myers is unable to continue, so Spider-Chaos is the winner!!!”

Spider-Chaos leaped in the air as the audience cheered on. “Oh yeah!”

Once Clark found seats for all the Breakers in the middle row of the spectator area, Lucifer took the middle seat. “Oh, Berserk. Sit next to me. This will be a perfect opportunity for your training. Although we did miss most of the fight.” The angel smirks. “But I like what I saw. Especially that spider-costume person. He just oozes chaos.” He voices out his approval. “You don’t see those often.”

“Spider-Chaos will advance to the next stage! Thank you for showing such amazing skill! Please wait in the waiting room with the others.” As the Announcer explained, the destruction across the arena slowly became to regenerated to its original, peak condition. Myers is taken to the emergency room to tend to his injuries. As Spider-Chaos left, the Announcer was ready to call out the next two fighters! “Please give your applause to Asher and Turles!”

Spina raised an eyebrow. “Turles…? Isn’t that a Saiyan name…”

Turles stepped into the ring; he bears a striking resemblance to Detective Goku. “Maybe I’ll get some real challenge.” He turns, waiting for his opponent to step into the ring as well.

==============

Inside the Waiting Room of Other Fighters

"You're Asher, right?" A young man with tore clothes approached him. "Looks like you're... up." He tried his best to make sure he understood his words; speaking slowly so he doesn't sound stuffy. "And, uh, good luck."

Last edited:
As she entered the audience ring for her spot, Bara smiled as she spotted Brachi there as well, moving to her in an instant, while Brachi herself was focused on the arena down in the center of the building.

Unbeknownst to them, in the waiting room, someone the two knew very well was closer to the arena, currently biding her time and waiting patiently for her turn.

"So, they are here as well? Thank goodness.. I wondered if I'd see any familiar faces out here..." she thought to herself, playing a bit with some yellow-colored lightning between her fingers.

Last edited:
Waiting Room of Other Fighters

A youngster was hopping back and forth, ready for the upcoming fight. A young man with short, auburn hair and short, stubby ears threw lightning fast punches. As he moved to warm himself up, his orange and yellow jacket swayed with every move he made. His skin was a dark tan, and he sported a tail that was the same color as his hair. His tail and face had some markings on them that looked vaguely familiar… Finally, he had some cool sunglasses over his eyes, but they seem to be temporary.

“Oh, thanks a bunch!” The next fighter, Asher, replied. “I’m hyped! I can’t wait to see what this opponent has in store!”

Asher lifted his hand to give the other fighter a thumbs up.

“I’ll be sure to win so you and I can fight in the finals!” Asher walked towards his weapon; a deep red rod with steel ends that appeared to be as tall as him. He spun it expertly around his body before stopping it on a dime. “So don’t hold back!”

Finally, Asher walked down the hall and into the bright sun outside, hearing the crowd cheer. He glanced up, waving at the onlookers. To the Breakers, his markings and even his appearance almost reminded them of…someone.

That kid… I swear he reminds me of someone… Avalon pondered.

As Asher approached the arena, he was smiling at Turles before giving him his hand to shake.

“Alright! May the best fighter win!”

Turles smacked Asher’s hand away. “I won’t shake hands with you, because I only acknowledge the strong. I’ll greet you properly if you manage to give me a good fight.” He walked away, heading to his side of the arena.

The announcer tosses his microphone up in the air. Particles of light gathered around the microphone, releasing a powerful energy wave that can be felt across the spectator area. Catching it with his left hand, the announcer’s eyes lit up to match his excitement as the microphone somewhat gave him an energy boost to do so. “Woo! Ladies and Gentlemen! I’m presenting you the next round of fighters!”

The announcer pointed at Turles. “He’s a Saiyan who’s a former leader of some bad group called the Crusher Corps! Now he seeks to test his strength against mighty foes for reasons unknown! He won’t tell me… Meet Turles!”

“Tch…” Turles let out an annoyed grunt.

“On this corner…” The announcer pointed at Asher. “He’s known for his mixed martial arts and his ability to transform into other creatures! A forbidden technique in his world, but entertainment to us! What other hidden abilities does he hold?! Who knows!? Meet Asher!”

“Another Saiyan?” Lucifer showed his disinterest. “Don’t we have enough of those already? And this one looks like that Detective.” His eyes trailed to the other fighter. “Hmm…”

“I expect a show of techniques, power and ability! Don’t hold back you know, because not only the audience will be disappointed…” The announcer tightened gripe on the microphone. “I will cry! Literally cry live! And no one wants to see that!”

After clearing his throat, “Now without further ado…3... 2... 1! READY FIGHT!"

Last edited:
A weak looking old man that has the look of some kind of mage enters the changing room. If one were to look closely one can tell he fairly strong physically and just by looking him his specialty is not apparent.

He goes to the notice bord and looks up wend is his fight going to happen. He finds wend his fight and heads to a seat to wait for is mach.

As Turles slapped his hand away, Asher frowned. He did not take it personally, instead, he thought of Turles’s words and laughed loudly.

“Alrighty then, I’ll show you my strength! You’ll be blown away!” Asher grinned.

As soon as the announcer began the fight, Asher quickly spun his pole, the Ruyi Bang, and pointed it at Turles.

“Ruyi Bang! Extend!”

On command, the pole extended at lightning speed, hitting Turles right in the chest. He then tilted his arm up, and it moved the pole upwards as well, slamming against Turles’s chin and flinging him into the air. It seemed like Asher was able to control the length and width of the pole on command.

“Heh! How’s that, Turles?!”

“Whoa! That kid is pretty cool.” Avalon had his eyes glued to the fight. “Don’t you think so, Zenta?”

Zenta was not paying attention to the fight. Instead, he gazed at the sky. He thought about Cuki and her well-being, wondering if she was okay with her wounds and if her arm had grown back yet. The depression on his face was apparent as he sat silently next to Bernkastel. Normally, he would be excited to see a fight, but today, he wasn’t. He completely disassociated himself with the group, his mind being somewhere else entirely.

“Errm, I’ll get back to you…” Avalon frowned before turning to Berserk. “He looks about as old as you. Is he from your world?”

"Eh? How're we gonna do training if we're sittin' all the way up here in the nosebleed section?" Berserk asked Lucifer after sitting next to him, having already snagged a popcorn bucket and soda from a nearby salesman. She seemed to be in a good mood from having freed her beltline of the inventory bulk and relegating that to pockets.

Bernkastel took a seat by Spina, eyeing the transition between rounds. "These challengers are certainly out of the ordinary, I'll give them that. Could've sworn that fellow down there was Goku though-- what an uncanny resemblance." She also noticed there seemed to be a coincidental abundance of Saiyans in this realm, nearly both her hands' worth off the top of her head. Turles' sour disposition even made her chuckle quietly at the familiarity. Avalon's question going unanswered caused her to pause, shrugging with a shake of her head as he agreed to check up on Zenta later.

Berserk turned to the ninja with a raised brow, sipping her soda loudly and pensively. "Well, we had some pretty weird-looking humans in Vilestown and Chemical Y made me... so anything's possible really. If he is, he sure isn't from Vilestown-- we helped my dad run the town for a long while so I know a lot of faces there pretty well. Never seen that kid before."

"The sea is vast and abyssal after all..." Bernkastel rested her chin on her hand in a relaxed pose, following Asher's movements. Nothing rang a bell to her even though something about him drew her attention. "Lots of Saiyans seem to have gotten lucky getting here. What's a Crusher Corps? Do you know?" The Witch asked the Old Saiyan.

“Whoa! That was so fast that I almost miss it!” The announcer shouted. “What a crazy stick!”

Turles’ head whipped back and sent flying upwards. After a moment, the Saiyan regained his composure and steadied himself. He analyzed Asher and his weapon as he rubbed his chin. It was no ordinary weapon since it managed to change lengths on the whim. “Hmph.”

After spitting out some saliva, Turles tightened his muscles and dashed down. Quickly closing the gap between them, the Saiyan threw a series of fast, light punches at Asher’s torso to push him back. He pressed both hands together, forming a ring of energy in between. “This isn’t enough. Show me more, brat.” He pushed his energy ring forward, hurling towards Asher as it tore through the arena floor.

---

“The important aspect… to your “ascension” is assure that your mental state is stable.” Lucifer eyed the two participants battling it out. “By the end of this tournament, you should be able to detect their movements quite easily regardless of speed. Give it a try and pay attention to their movements.”

When Bernkastel pressed Spina for question, the old Saiyan looked her down with an intense stare. There was uncomfortable amount of silence, before deciding to finally answer the Witch. “I never heard of them. I hardly affiliated with anyone aside from a group here and there, let alone their names.” A story contrary to what Roya claimed.

Asher flew back from the punches to his chest. He grinned as he skidded to a stop before he was flung out of the arena. Asher’s eyes widened as soon as he saw the incoming ring made of energy. Instead of trying to dodge it, Asher ran towards it. The young man jumped and went right through the hole, taking a deep breath and hoping he does not get hurt. His tail got singed, but he continued either way. Asher landed on his feet, rolling closer to Turles, catching him off guard. He flung his foot upwards, kicking Turles on the chin to send him into the air again.

Suddenly, Asher got into a stance that is very familiar to the Breakers; a stance only known by two people.

“Tiger Palm! 16 Strikes!”

Asher’s hands began to glow white as the tips of his fingers began to jab at Turles’s chest and shoulders, hoping to paralyze his arms. The technique was definitely the Tiger Palm, without a doubt, but how did Asher know it? Even as Asher performed the blinding attack on Turles, it was apparent that it was not perfected. As soon as the flurry of jabs ended, Asher flipped away from Turles, laughing.

“You almost got me there!” Asher grinned. “But I’m pretty nimble, y’know!”

Asher started to get carried away and danced in his spot, as if to taunt Turles, albeit unintentionally.

Hold on… did that kid say Tiger Palm…? Avalon thought as he stared at the fight in silence. Something about this young man caught his attention, but he didn’t know what. Who is that kid…? I wish I can see his face, it’d help out.

"Turles isn't even a Saiyan worth mentioning."

Vegetto's condescending dual voice cut through the air, interjecting immediately at Bernkastel's pressing of Spina whether it was wanted or not. His narrowed eyes stared down at the fight, his arms crossed while he leaned back into his seat.

"At least in my universe...he never accomplished anything noteworthy and relied on pathetic trinkets for whatever miserable amount of power he could muster. This battle is a waste of time; let's hope his opponent finishes this pathetic excuse of a fight soon."

Cayde descended down the staircase of steps near the team with his own bucket of popcorn and a soda in his other hand, loudly slurping through his straw momentarily before finding a seat at the end of the row. The android pulled out a small, holographic red packet with Japanese lettering on the front; soon tearing it open and sprinkling the all too familiar spice he clearly used in his ramen onto the popcorn. As soon as he was finished, Cayde scooped a handful of the popcorn and promptly leaned his greasy, ramen spice popcorn covered hand towards Lucifer; a bit of the ooze dripping down onto the angel's shirt.

"Want some?"

Back
Top Bottom