The Paris Opera House [Original]

Grey Star

Red Jacket
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/CoBhuBT3Lpg/maxresdefault.jpg

76949954_35fe95d824_b.jpg

The Paris Opera House was built many years ago and was a very successful theater on Booga, located in the Desolate Lands not too far from the Crescent Hunter Guild, eventually closing down thanks to a lack of upkeep on the place and a mysterious phantom scaring off most of the producers and customers. After time passed a Solarian hero vanquished the phantom and took up his mask, while covertly establishing an organization within the hidden chambers of the opera house, the Meeting of the Dark.

The Meeting of the Dark was created as a small council of dark empowered heroes willing to take the blame of things and take on missions to preserve the name of heroes, making sure there would always be hope. Though their methods and personal have changed, the mission remains the same.

The Meeting is separated into multiple ranks akin to a ladder. The highest rung is the Leader. They are the final authority on all Meeting business, and act as a director of sorts. The second highest is the Co-Leader. They act as the leader when the above is missing, and are the leader's right hand man. The primary rung is the Operatives, who form the actual core of the Meeting. They are the ones who preform the majority of the Meeting's actions, and vote to appoint the leader. Below the Operatives are the field agents, who report to the Meeting what they see and hear regarding any targets the Meeting might wish to eliminate. The second lowest rung is the Mercenary Captain, who lead groups of mercenaries into battle. The lowest is the hired soldiers of the mercenaries, who serve as brute force and strike team soldiers intended to aid Operatives.

Joining the Meeting involves either presenting an invitation to a mercenary of the Meeting, or asking to join from one. From there the Operatives discuss the new recruit. Operatives are the only thing in demand, for the field agents and mercs are easily bought. The Meeting is always ready to outsource if the needs arises.

The public area is the entrance, the ticket and concession lounge, the main theater seating, and to those willing to pay all but box 8 for private seating. Mercs guard the entrance to both the building and the private boxes as mostly excuses to get paid.

The off public back stage area is where both preparation for the play is held, and various Meeting business. Medical bays, training rooms, shooting yards, and sleeping quarters for the mercs are here. Coffers of money, discarded weapons, magical artifacts, and other spoils of victory are held in storage rooms here. All well guarded mind you.

Underneath the Opera House is a massive chasm with it's own small lake, which possesses an island that serves as the Meeting's true headquarters, only accessible by dark aligned powers calling forth a boat. On the island is a house full of rooms for the operative so, including places to sort current investigations and planned actions, quarters to house members needing to lay low and protected for a while. The main room has a computer that stores all Meeting data ever obtained, and thus is kept under tight lock and key. While traditionally a Meeting is a small council which keeps no records, this one does for knowing a threat on Booga will inevitable resurface.

---

Current Investigations:

The Solarian- After the defeat of the Reliquary of the Damned inside the Opera House, Meeting members received a vision of a robed burning figure, identified as a Solarian. Next step, bringing in Withereds, descendants of Solarians, for questioning.

The Necromancer- A powerful Mage and undead servant are wandering the lands, causing trouble and sometimes wreaking havok. Primary suspect is Jacen Petronov, next step is tag and bag.

Approved for play.

________

Oralie walked into the Opera House, looking around as she entered.

"I wonder if I could get a job here?" She asked herself silently as she walked.

The Dark Gunner walked up to Oralie with Azura watching from a distance.

"That depends. Do you have a knack for acting or, dark abilities under your resume?" The Dark Gunner asked.

Oralie jumped slightly as she heard Dark Gunner's question, not expecting someone to come directly to her.

"Da--dark abilities?" She replied with a slight hush. "I don't know what you're talking about.." She reached for her bow.

"This guy gives me the creeps already.. She thought to herself.

The Dark Gunner sighed, looking down and tapping his foot.

"Darn Vincent and his protocols..." He muttered. He then looked at Oralie.

"Enjoy the theater, I assume you have your tickets already, we don't take kindly to those that sneak in here for free plays. I have, paperwork, to attend to." He said before beginning to walk away.

After the Dark Gunner walked away, Oralie sighed before she walked into the theater, taking a seat.

"What do they even do here? It looks empty and deserted... She thought to herself.

"Uhh... yeah, I guess so..." Oralie spoke quietly while looking at the stage.

Azura appeared on the stage, the workers looking at her and changing to a new task.

"Can't believe that dog and dark man are running this place now. Aliens to replace Vincent! And he was so dreamy..." The the man said behind her.

"So they're the owners of this place? I wonder what happened to that Vincent guy? Maybe father abducted him to give me a last name or something? No, that sounds too silly.. Oralie thought to herself.

"No, she isn't. Why does it matter to you? A voice snapped inside the man's head. Oralie heard it too and spoke softly.

"Eun, please. This man was just trying to be polite!"

"I don't like this man, but as you command. I trust your instincts." Eun hushed herself, appearing in a seat next to Oralie.

The man ran off screaming, the Dark Gunner turning towards the group. In an instant he was there, coming out of a seat in a mass of dark tendrils.

"As one abomination to another, could I ask you to not scare off my patrons?" He asked annoyed.

"You DARE call Oralie an abomination?!" Eun growled as she spoke to the Dark Gunner telepathically.

"Eun, please, stop! You're causing more harm than we need to! Just please.. Stop. I'm-- I'm sorry." Oralie curled up as she spoke, her voice softening even further into a slight whisper.

The Dark Gunner cleared his voice, turning towards Eun.

"Forgive me, I forgot the term was Eldrich abomination. A being that causes fear for the simple knowledge of knowing it. Telepathy and teleportation, combined with the fact by mere appearance you are no ordinary cat. A creature that inspires fear, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hatred." The Dark Gunner Gunner monologued before turning to Oralie.

"I apologize for any harm, but I cannot help but suspect by you and your companion's reactions to word choice that you possess powers that would make you most welcome among the Meeting of the Dark."

"Meeting of.. the Dark? I thought you were shady..." Oralie jumped back a few rows, pulling out her bow and an arrow.

"How dare you call me a cat, you worthless fool!" Eun also jumped back a few rows, preparing her demonic flames.

"So.. Tell me. Are you working with my father?" She pointed her bow at the Dark Gunner.

The Dark Gunner pulled out a revolver and dropped it on the ground.

"I mean you no harm or disrespect. The Meeting of the Dark is a group dedicated to covert ops and intelligence gathering to preserve the reputation of heroes that operate in the public eye. The catch is only those with dark powers are allowed in. No light based ones. And as for Vincent, I'm certain he his lady friend is more of a friend then a girl friend, so unless you are proposing to be his bastard child. Tell me, what's your father's last name?"

"Then if you aren't affiliated with my father, I have no business with you. I was afraid I would have to destroy your group.." She signaled Eun to turn back into her phantom form and she did so. "I'll be taking my leave now, thank you.. sir." She returned to her quiet, shy personality as she walked towards the exit.

"The Prince of Hell.." Oralie replied as she walked out of the Opera House.

Back
Top Bottom