The Brotherhood of Black Magic Society

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vincent nodded, heading outside and passing the gate to see the two mages. He almost came to a stop, but heard the driver of the van parked outside yelling for him. Putting a finger up to say one moment, he went over to the van.

“What is it?” The gunner asked.
“Sir, your trap in Cindy, it’s been sprung.” The driver replied, to which Vincent nodded.
“We’ll get these two to the Opera House and then I’ll head there to pick up the cargo.” He remarked, heading back to the mages.

“Apologies gentlemen, some urgent Meeting business that’s been handled. I am Vincent Bloodline, which you may know already. Get in the van and I'll tell you about your new job." He stated the two, who merely nodded and followed after them. The van pulled away from the Society, and vanished through teleportation, disappearing back to Paris.

“What a damn mess.” Tort rubbed his head. “I felt fucking useless out there. That damn snake was handling it while I stood there, frozen like a statue.”

“Don’t beat yourself up, Tort.” Black Shadow tried to comfort him. “I was like that too when I saw him like that. His powers… it doesn’t make sense, but it’s terrifying. We just need to figure out a way to bring him back to normal.”

“Yeah…” Tort shook his head. “Those kids, they didn’t deserve to be involved.”

Faunix remained silent about Shine because he was worried about Z. The entire situation made him both sad and upset. He let out a sigh, knowing that there was nothing they can do about it now other than to alert the higher ups.

"Well, things are grim, but we cannot let it get to our heads." Faunix scratched his arm. "Negative's powers are getting stronger by the second, and he now has the Book of Merlin. What could he be after anyway..?"

All three of them entered the building, but it seems that there was no sight of Ballows.

“It is possible that he’s going after the God of Pure Energy, Suyoi.” Black Shadow answered Faunix’s question. “But we barely have any decent information about to pinpoint what he wants in explicit detail.” Black Shadow looked around to see if Ballows was here. “Khalid mentioned the that Negative had pure energy… but we all saw what he did… this is different…. Way different.” 

Tort nodded. “I agreed that we shouldn’t let it get to our heads. Let’s just find Ballows and explain the situation to her… if we can find her. Where is she?”

“Oh, you guys are finally back?” Ballows just entered the building. She waved to the people that dropped her off. “What’s wrong? Look like you just saw the depths of hell, judging from that expression you’re making.”

"Negative just attacked the Sisterhood and nearly killed Master Z." Faunix said first. "He also took the Staff of Merlin... He left the entire Sisterhood in shambles. Master Z is in critical condition and currently in cryostasis healing. We came to warn you in case Negative decides to show up here in the Brotherhood..."

“What the-“ Ballows stopped midway before finished her sentence. She did not want to use a foul language after hearing what just happened. “Are you serious?”

“Unfortunately, it is true. Negative had appeared and practically treated us like a bunch of novices. We couldn’t even touch him. Even that crazy bastard Lix was practically a puppy to his might.”

Ballows took several steps backward, hitting her back against the door, slowly sliding down to the floor. She was in disbelief. “Did anyone die?”

“Only one death. A group of young adults was also involved with the incident. I don’t know their circumstances or their connection with Master Z, but Negative obliterated on of their comrades. They’re currently on their way to bury them, I think.”

“I told them to come and meet me here once they’re done traveling. I can at least give some formal training. I can sense a thrilling, burning revenge in one of them, especially that girl.” Tort added on.

Ballows grabbed her head. “So, he took the Staff of Merlin… Any reasons why?”

“Something to do with Suyoi, but we don’t have much information about that. We’re honestly lost as the King. All he offered was that we captured Negative and bring him to the King so he might cure his energy.” Black Shadow said. “But… his energy, it’s not chaotic. It’s something completely different.”

Ballows started shaking her head. “First the Solarian, then Negative… what is this world coming too?”

"I believe Negative is after Suyoi, but I have no idea why. Perhaps there is something deeper about this Suyoi character that we know nothing about..." Faunix said. "His energy is far more different than any of the established ones here on Booga. As a matter of fact, it is nothing like Chaotic energy at all, despite how things look. It's actually more... evil. He bent reality like nothing back in the Sisterhood and even killed someone without even lifting a finger..."

Faunix sighed before scratching his head, the situation getting worse for him to handle. He tilted his head when Ballow mentioned someone else besides Negative.

"Solarian? Who's that?"

Ballows nodded. “I just came back from Futuropolis after a discussion session with the Meeting of the Dark. They are essentially a guild in Desolate Lands over there. They discuss a potential problem with a mage from outer space that’s threatening the world right now.” 

“An Alien?” Black Shadow raised a brow.

“Yeah. They called it the Solarian. He attacked Magician Square and hos complex is Empire State. So, our organization and the other guilds are working together to handle this, whatever this alien mage shows up.” 

“I supposed it’s too late to mention Negative to the other guilds, right?” Tort added on.

“I’m afraid that we’re our own on this one.” Ballows let out a sigh. “Any other bad news?”

"A Mage from space? How peculiar." Faunix said. "What would he want with Booga? Man, things just keep getting weirder and weirder..."

Faunix sighed, knowing how bad things are but knew it wasn't the time to mope or cry.

"Look, right now, Negative is keeping a low profile, and I think it's best we keep it like that. If the public were to find out about him, panic would no doubt ensue. He's far too powerful, so let's focus on this Solarian Mage. Black Shadow and I can ask King Khalil for some reinforcements to help stop this mage from doing any more damage."

“I have to agree with Faunix, madam.” Black Shadow said. “If the people found out about Negative, we would have a panic. A power vacuum would be very attractive to those that want his position.” 

Tort seemingly didn’t agree. “Can we actually lie to the public? How many excuses we’re going to make until someone start asking legit questions about the leader of this establishment?”

Ballows rubbed her temple. “You said that Negative is taking a low profile. Meaning, there’s no way we can find him? Not even tracking down his energy?”

“Negative’s energy was different. Searching for that… whatever he has, is out of realm of possibility.” Black Shadow answered.

Ballows went silent for a moment. “I have to agreed with Faunix and Black Shadow. If what they say is true, we have no hope of finding him. We have to shift priority to stop this Solarian mage then focus on finding Shine… erm, Negative.”

"Negative has a new energy type. Apparently, it's untraceable as of now. Perhaps Master Z could find him, but she's in critical condition..." Faunix frowned. "Let's just try to leave Negative alone, for now, it appears he's rather selective on where he shows himself. If we go after him, we will die, no doubt."

"So about this Solarian Mage... What do we know about him? Any special powers or abilities?" Faunix said as he tried to change the topic to a more pressing matter. "Where is he heading to now anyway? Maybe we should investigate his behavior before launching an attack?"

“The Meeting of the Dark is supposedly building a super weapon, and we’re working with other guilds and the Heroes Organization for that matter. So far, we have no information of his whereabouts or when he’s supposed to attack.” Ballows said.

Black Shadow took notice of Faunix’s insistence of changing topics. “Where is the Meeting of the Dark, anyways?”

“They should be somewhere in Desolate Lands… I think Paris Opera House is where they’re residing in.” Ballows rubbed her chin. “We should probably call them and ask for some progression of their weapon.”

"Then we should start there," Faunix said. "Maybe we can help them somehow and learn more about this weapon while we're there."

Faunix nodded to himself before crossing his arms, thinking about the Solarian Mage and what his purpose was. He didn't think that there was another invader threatening Booga, but he grew worried about what the future may hold. He blinked, realizing that Desolate Lands was not exactly the safest place to be right now due to their laws.

"How will we get there anyway? Desolate Lands is not the most... pleasant area."

"Teleportation takes a lot of energy, and I'm sure Black Shadow hasn't mastered it yet." Ballows tried to think. "At best, we just have to go there by boat, if you are that content about meeting with them." 

"The Heroes Organization is probably building their own weapon as we speak. They aren't the best ones that like to work with others..." Tort said.

Black Shadow turns to Faunix. "Do you really want to get involved with the Solarian business? We can leave them to the higher ups..."

"Well, it would be better to study this Solarian Mage in order to gain information on him and hopefully apply it to Negative, however..." Faunix scratched his chin, pondering the thought. "Maybe you're right, Black Shadow, we should leave it to the higher ups. So far, they look like they have things under control. But what do you suggest we do? We can't just sit here and do nothing..."

"Yes... I think leaving to the higher ups is more important. There's still some things we simply don't know right now." Ballows said. "If we can find some information about this weapon and more information about this mage personally, then we might even transferred some knowledge to bring down... Negative." Ballows said. "But at the moment, we have no clarification."

"So what do you want us to do?" Black Shadow asked.

"The best we can do now is simply wait for Negative's next attack, but more importantly, we should keep the good morale around here. If we break down, everyone breaks down." Ballows walked around a bit. "There's something I have been meaning to investigate, but I can't leave this place unattended anymore. So I'm sending Black Shadow over there. Faunix, you may tag along if you wish."

"Well, Black Shadow and I are partners at this point," Faunix smiled. "I'll tag along since we have been through a lot as is. So, what kind of investigation are you doing? Where is it?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom