Sometimes You Still Lose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sensing a chill down his spine. He didn't like what was about to happen, whatever it's going to happen. He rushes towards him once more, sending more demons spawn at him in order to push him away. He'd remember his fight with "proto-Jacen". "If it has come down to this.."

Jacen disappeared, an illusion. An overly real illusion torn away.

The real Jacen was bringing his claymore down behind Doom, but it hadn't yet hit, there was still time to sense and move away.

Doom took noticed of Jacen appearing behind him. "You're going to need more than simple mind games to confused the limitless mind of Doom!" Doom's force field activate as Jacen got closed, forming a barrier around him and shocking anything that lands a touch on it.

Jacen shocked himself from Doom's field, falling onto his knees, boiling in anger. His energy was near drained.

"WHY!? WHY IS IT I CAN'T KILL YOU!? YOU ARE EVEN MORE OF A MONSTER THEN I AM!"

Doom turns around, lowering his force field down. He stared down the man, chuckling a bit. "Unlike you, Jacen, I'm a monster that's capable of reasoning and self thought. You're nothing more than a tool serve for someone else greater benefit. Now, are we done with this childless game?" Doom placed his hands over Jacen's face. "Any regrets?"

"Compare to this? That won't be a bad place to go to, Jacen." Doom fired off his energy blasts toward him.

"So, are you done with this game?" Doom questioned. "You said that you're going to rule the "multiverse"; yet from what I see, is nothing more than wild goose chase for your instant gratification."

The Black Kaiser sighed. "This was a test to see how Jacen would preform against someone of your caliber. You've sen the end result. But as for the multiverse." He placed a hand on Doom's chest. Doing so allowed him to sense the multiverse, or at least a part of it. Endless variations of the same world.

Doom pushed himself away from Black Kaiser's hands. Within seconds, he saw variation of worlds flowing within within him. "What.. What the heck was that!?"

"I am a multiversal death God in the most literal sense." The Black Kaiser said. Two translucent images appeared at his sides. Two different versions of Jacen, both smirking.

"Though, we have some issues. Reality here is, unstable. Not long from now, this city, both now, and in the past, will be decimated."

Doom narrowed his eyes, seeing the two Jacen appearing on each side of Black Kaiser. He looked around, feeling the farbic of relaity was being tored away. "Then, let me ask you one final question. Why did you chose me? You could have easily have another person, even an average joe, to do your bidding - and with your 'powers', you can make sure they don't die within seconds."

The Black Kaiser laughed as the Jacens dissipated.

"I have made enemies of a god of darkness, of a Saiyan half-breed with the powers of our gods, of a reality warping duo of Leviathans, of an empire dedicated to opposing mine, and of Saiyans responsible for multiversal creation. I cannot easily destroy them all. I need armies. And for those armies I need generals. Generals with strength. Though I doubt you would serve me, for my conquest spills the blood of any who opposes me. For you, that means I snap the necks of innocents."

"Saiyan..?" Doom was confused of the man's words. "I don't know what kind of nonsense you're spewing out. Yet, I understand that. Obviously, the course of complete rule, you need folks. Folks that you probably won't trust, but someone that can easily handle any enemies that are thrown at you." Doom said. "However, there's simply a error of that plan of yours, Kaiser."

"You're not the first of many, that I've encountered among my travels, Kasier.." Doom began to walked by and forth. "I figure that something like this.. would occurred. Figure that you aren't just an ordinary being.. capable beyond anything." Doom stopped for a second and turns to Kaiser. "You're not the first person, I've encountered with some 'multiversal' essence. Thus, I took the time and effort to .. study these "portals" that were appearing around the city. I wonder what would happen if I tap into the power to it's full effect?" Doom said.

The Black Kaiser glanced to the still running, last primary portal to the past, and without hesitation destroyed it with a blast of explosive energy. He seemed quite pleased.

"Don't let this conversation lead where I think it will lead. I am not here to bring this universe pain, unlike many others. Though I've changed the timeline, damage to reality still litters. With my power I can repair that. No strings attached." He then smirked.

"For the record, I've killed a thousand of your heroic incarnations. A little power boost is nothing to me."

"Oh? Quite an overreaction we got there, Kaiser?" Doom said. He'd opened his arms wide. "If you can simply do this, why bother dragging me to your little squabbles? Your words says one thing, but your actions wing another. Bring more pain? You practically organized this entire thing as your benefit. Had I not been there to protect the people protesting, are you saying you would stop it? Or let them die?"

"Like I said, I need generals." The Black Kaiser retorted. "But I would like to think of you, for lack of a better term, as a friend. As for these people, I would've found another hero or two to attempt to foil Jacen. Their lives depended upon who I brought." He took a few steps towards Doom.

"Forgive me for my brashness Victor, people's reactions can be hard to judge. It's difficult to tell sometimes if the human brain here responds to the same stimuli in the same way as the countless other universes I've been to. So what do you intend to do with your power?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom