Samurai Jack [Adult Swim]

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am so HYPED. I've waited for old gen Cartoon Network to come back... and it's Samurai Jack. All that's needed is they add in Original Teen Titans into the mix and I'll be a happy camper.

Haha right? Though since TTG is still massively popular with the children, I don't think it will go away anytime soon.

I'm pump of how Jack got that Shogun looking armor :pimp:

Coming to Adult Swim on Toonami.....that's so cool! Kinda makes me wonder....they got away with a lot of stuff the original series by swapping out guts and gore with wires and oil....but now that they're on Adult Swim and the former is actually an option......will Genndy Tartakovsky actually go there?

tumblr_inline_nyr1lua4ZB1tf0yl3_500.gif

he'll be back and that's all that matters

JamesYTP said:
Coming to Adult Swim on Toonami.....that's so cool! Kinda makes me wonder....they got away with a lot of stuff the original series by swapping out guts and gore with wires and oil....but now that they're on Adult Swim and the former is actually an option......will Genndy Tartakovsky actually go there?

They aired Naruto uncut on Toonami, so I'm sure they'd be okay with that. Either way I'm hella hype

I think Grendy Tarakovsky stated that it would be more darker compare to the original now that it's on Adult Swim, so they can get away with quite a few things. It was a good move for CN to aired it on their Adult block so they can have some liberties.

OMG!!! I'am soooooo happy that my Samurai Jack is coming back!! It's been a long time since I've seen the original on CN. Jack looks sweeeeet in that armor too! Can't wait!! :whoo:

LoopyPanda said:
JamesYTP said:

They aired Naruto uncut on Toonami, so I'm sure they'd be okay with that. Either way I'm hella hype

Well, yeah I'm not concerned at all about whether they'd get away with things or not. They showed Hellsing Ultimate, Black Lagoon and Kill La Kill on Toonami with only a few edits.  I'm just curious lol.

Damn, that sucks man. There's always recording or using the internet to watch the episodes there :pimp:

Can't wait!!!! There are some reviews of the first episode out already and they seem to be well received

Just watched the episode. Man, that was a good opening for the series. Looks like Jack lost his sword somewhere down the line. I also like how they are much more brutal in comparison of the original cartoon.

The Musical Assassin is the highlight of this episode.

That guy was weird! The design reminded me of X9 from the first series, thought that's might've been who it was in the trailers which confused me because he was killed off.

Last weekend's episode was both brutal and reminded me of why I loved Samurai Jack when I was younger. To tell you the truth, I anticipated it to lose its old charm because the show is no longer restricted by its former place as a slot on a network for kids cartoons. I really love that it hadn't lost its touch in the ~10 or so years it's been off the air. I love how well the battle sequences were done.

I almost felt pity for the Daughters of Aku when it turns out they've never really interacted with the outside world, not being able to understand the concept of friendship or love. When a sister is killed by Jack, they move on. They don't stop to mourn her or bury her afaik, they just keep their eyes on the objective. Which makes the mood even more eerie. 

My favorite scene of that episode was when Jack and the wounded wolf holed up in the cave to heal though. It's pretty rare for a cartoon to have more action than dialogue these days, which was something I took for granted with SJ back in the earlier seasons. Glad this hasn't changed. The dialogue is never wasted either.

Also, Aku is a meme now. So there's that.

Back
Top Bottom