Samurai Jack [Adult Swim]

Yeah man. Don't know why people are so surprised about the Daughters of Aku (if they actually are his daughters anyways, seems to be just a bunch of cray cray trying to get Aku's attention) being wiped out within two episodes. Samurai Jack always does that, and it always glorious.

I like how Aku is basically a badass, yet generic villain.

Also, I saw this on another site. What do you guys think about this? :maybe:

2017-03-20.png

Imagine if Jack doesn't have his sword for a few more episodes, and when he's finally nearing the point when he'll recover it, Aku gets wind that he doesn't have it

>"The Samurai....Has lost his sword?"
>Moment of silence as he processes the information
>The music picks up and gets ominous as fuck
>Pic related happens as Aku catches up to the idea
>"Then it is time to DIE, SAMURAAAAAAI"
>Aku rockets off, tearing a hole through the pit of hate and probably through whatever poor bastard went to give him the news to get to where Jack is faster
>The entire episode is a mad fucking dash for the sword by Jack as Aku is on his ass like it's fucking judgement day, fifty years of frustration coming down on some true unspeakable evil shit that makes jack and the graveyard look like kiddy shit

He's screwed if Aku finds out that's for sure. I'm not entirely sure that Ashi (the last daughter that Jack fought) is actually dead though as she had a slightly less high fall than Jack did at the end and it appears from the previews he survived lol. Who knows, maybe the other two who were knocked off the cliff also lived.

I really don't get the rage. In previous seasons, we've seen Jack be attracted to female characters on multiple separate occasions. They were at least heavily implied he is one of the accursed Straights. It really isn't that OOC in retrospect if you look at all the hints through previous episodes of season 5.

Anyways, my fries have been salted.

EDIT: I made some memey content for all to enjoy. Two versions for each image for maximum versatility.
dzvlulU.png

Jm0UXwu.png

3HMJssig.png

IkY0cZy.png

I remember there was an episode from the first season where Aku disguised himself as a woman to get Jack off guard and Jack kinda had a thing for girl Aku....that was funny XD. Honestly I think it's kind of interesting that there's such a large variety of reasons people seem bothered by that though. I will admit that the whole bit about him technically being like in his late 60s and her barely being an adult if she even is does seem a tad creepy when you really think about it...kind of an InuYasha and Kagome thing where since he looks young you don't quite realize as much that he's several centuries old and she's 15 :p. The rest seem like PC police or something, didn't really bother me none and basically in any work of fiction where you have at least 1 male and 1 female main character there's like at least a 60% chance of them hooking up at some point so I at least half expected it the whole time lol

Gonna put this here now because for some reason it's now a thing online....it is pretty amusing I admit lol [video=youtube]

There are more people on tumblr mad about JAshi being a thing now due to the fact he isn't the gay that they like to fantasize about in the yaois or something. This common complaint from the Shipping Police probably arose after that viral CN Short from 2005ish where Jack and Johnny Bravo were in a laundromat together. It spawned tons of Jack/Bravo fanart around 2013ish when the clip reemerged in popularity on youtube.

But yeah, if there was any concern I had with regards to that, it would be her age relative to his. Do we have a definite age for her yet, or is it only speculative atm? She seems at least old enough to be an adult, and if she was the leader of the DoA, then she must be the eldest of the septuplets. I'd guesstimate she'd be around 20.

Is that REALLY the spawn of the whole gay Jack thing? I remember that bump, the one where Jack and Blossom's cloths get mixed up and he get's his kimono stained pink? How did they get gay outta that??? For that matter, the mere notion of Johnny Bravo being gay....XD. I mean, if they think JAshi as I guess it's being called is too out of left field I kinda  think Jack running into and hooking up with Johnny Bravo in a dystopian future where humans are seemingly almost gone save a handful is a little weird lmao. 

I'm pretty sure we can only really guess at what her age might be at this point. The daughters of Aku were all about the same age but she was technically the oldest yeah. They really never told much about the daughters of Aku really, including just who the mother really was or anything. I got the sense that they were sent out to kill jack as soon as they were trained enough to do so, so I thought them younger. I was thinking more 16-19 range for Ashi but 20 might be closer.   

One thought I had, if Jack does go back to the past and defeat Aku, that'll effectively erase her won't it?

A lot of fanon comes out of left field on Tumblr honestly. :lmao:

I feel that their mother wouldn't have sent them out while they were still children. She probably wanted to reduce any rebellion or questioning from them as much as possible that would ruin her plan to kill Jack. Reducing that risk would most likely entail training them until they finished their adolescence and would be young adults. Though this is mere speculation and I can't back up my armchair psychology...

I haven't considered what would happen if Jack went back in time. It would erase pretty much anyone born in the Aku timeline as they were. Or at least, they would exist as an entirely different person in the rewritten timeline. Time travel is a messy business so there isn't much certainty in who is affected by it.

LoopyPanda said:
There are more people on tumblr mad about JAshi being a thing now due to the fact he isn't the gay that they like to fantasize about in the yaois or something. This common complaint from the Shipping Police probably arose after that viral CN Short from 2005ish where Jack and Johnny Bravo were in a laundromat together. It spawned tons of Jack/Bravo fanart around 2013ish when the clip reemerged in popularity on youtube.

But yeah, if there was any concern I had with regards to that, it would be her age relative to his. Do we have a definite age for her yet, or is it only speculative atm? She seems at least old enough to be an adult, and if she was the leader of the DoA, then she must be the eldest of the septuplets. I'd guesstimate she'd be around 20.

JamesYTP said:
Is that REALLY the spawn of the whole gay Jack thing? I remember that bump, the one where Jack and Blossom's cloths get mixed up and he get's his kimono stained pink? How did they get gay outta that??? For that matter, the mere notion of Johnny Bravo being gay....XD. I mean, if they think JAshi as I guess it's being called is too out of left field I kinda  think Jack running into and hooking up with Johnny Bravo in a dystopian future where humans are seemingly almost gone save a handful is a little weird lmao. 

I'm pretty sure we can only really guess at what her age might be at this point. The daughters of Aku were all about the same age but she was technically the oldest yeah. They really never told much about the daughters of Aku really, including just who the mother really was or anything. I got the sense that they were sent out to kill jack as soon as they were trained enough to do so, so I thought them younger. I was thinking more 16-19 range for Ashi but 20 might be closer.   

One thought I had, if Jack does go back to the past and defeat Aku, that'll effectively erase her won't it?

Yeah. I don't know how they managed to create this assertion that Samurai Jack is gay from that little bump with Johnny Bravo. Nor how anyone from tumblr forgot that Jack fell in love multiple times throughout the series. You can tell that they never even bother watching previous seasons; otherwise, their attempt to complain would fall flat. I mean, he literally fell in love with the girl that Aku pretended to be way less. 

Never mind the fact that Johnny Bravo and Samurai Jack to two completely different series. Why the ever living hell did tumblr think that would even remotely happen? :wagh:

I also find it odd and jarring that tumblr went up arms about this, yet they are awfully quiet about the KorraxAsami thing. :maybe:

Ashi is an adult. I don't know why people tried to make it seems like Ashi is some kind when we seen the progression of her aging from the first three episodes.

Tumblr is fucking stupid and cancer, and I've long since stopped going there because of it. It's nothing but pain and despair, and political fuckery.

More on topic, I LOVE the new season of Samurai Jack. Ashi x Jack is very interesting, and Seeing Jack fall in love again is great. Also, Aku's new voice is pretty good and he's as hilarious as ever. ^_^ Scaramouche is funny (but also kind of annoying) and good grief, I jut love this whole shebang x3x

Indeed.....anyone else shitting a brick after that last episode tho! Super hyped for the finale!

Yeah man, that last episode tripped me out.

Here's my prediction. Since Ashi is now "Aku" and has the same abilities, theoretically speaking, she can make a time portal herself and send Jack to the past. :maybe:

Ohhhhh I like that prediction. Very interesting yes.  Here's a dark one, Jack is forced to kill Ashi and then finishes Aku lives eternally alone with Scottsman and Ashi dead.

We're both called it!

That finale was so fucking good man. The old Samurai Jack intro was both nostalgic and depressing since it reminded me of Mako. 

All the characters that came out to help Samurai Jack was fun. It killed me when Aku basically massacre everyone. 

That ending though. Even more depressing? Jack still doesn't age. So he's basically going to live on as everyone dies around him :wagh:

It was a satisfying ending. I figured Ashi would have disappeared from existence regardless of whether she was actually a child of Aku or not.

Even more depressing is that even though all of Jack's allies died in the last battle, he fixed the future and they essentially would have no memory of him from the Aku Ruling timeline. That is, if they were the same people and the like. I figured the final scene was him outliving everyone in a distant future. But it was still very touching and emotionally-loaded. I'm happy to have seen Samurai Jack be concluded-- it was well worth the wait.

ShineCero said:
We're both called it!

That finale was so fucking good man. The old Samurai Jack intro was both nostalgic and depressing since it reminded me of Mako. 

The thing I honestly found most depressing about the time thing is that basically that whole world was erased and possibly everyone else who lived it it with it. 
I know right! You were totally on point there though! 

I thought it was a great decision on their part to work Mako Iwamatsu into the finale somehow, classy move on their part IMO. Crazy how almost 11 years after his death it still feels weird that he's gone. 
LoopyPanda said:
It was a satisfying ending. I figured Ashi would have disappeared from existence regardless of whether she was actually a child of Aku or not.

Even more depressing is that even though all of Jack's allies died in the last battle, he fixed the future and they essentially would have no memory of him from the Aku Ruling timeline. That is, if they were the same people and the like. I figured the final scene was him outliving everyone in a distant future. But it was still very touching and emotionally-loaded. I'm happy to have seen Samurai Jack be concluded-- it was well worth the wait.

Yeah, the part I found most harsh there was there's a chance that Aku's future being erased means chances are everyone Jack knew there was erased too. 

I did kinda think that the last few scenes did feel a bit rushed. I was expected a return home to feel a bit bigger or something but it seemed glossed over. Took me a second to catch what they were trying to convey in that very last part too, but overall I am glad it got a chance to be concluded too.

I never got the last ending with the ladybug, might shed some light on that?

I figure that things needed to be glossed over since Genny only had 30 minutes rather than a finale, but I was satisfied with the ending. 

Aku Future being erased from existence is definitely harsh. I wonder how Jack would react that he practically immortal in a sense? Unless defeating Aku somehow restores Jack to age again, Aku technically got the last laugh at the end.

The lady bug, basically was symbolic of the beauty of natural life. what I think they were going for with that was kind of a call back to that scene early in the season when young Ashi looked out of the cave for the first time and saw a life form from the outside for the first time and was taken by it. She sees one again right before she opens herself to the idea that Jack might be right about Aku having destroyed the beautiful world that was. So what I guess they were going for was Jack just going out and admiring what they saved. 

I think what made him immortal was being in a time he didn't belong in...could be wrong though.

Back
Top Bottom