Rate The Last Movie You Saw

I also saw Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. Enjoyable from the start to the very end. Loved the way they paid tribute to the late Chadwick Bozeman as well. I have to agree that Angela Bassett did a beautiful job in the film. But didn't like that her character died though. Give this movie a 10/10.

Finally saw Avatar. 4/5. Pretty great movie! Really makes you think. The only criticism I have is that the movie falls into the trap of "white savior", and the Na'vi tribe really didn't have much agency of themselves without the lead of the [white] character. Hopefully the second film avoids this!

Saw the movie "Emancipation". This film focuses on the runaway slave named Peter. Peter fought to regain his freedom in 1800s era Louisiana. The most infamous thing about Peter is the way his back looked when he was still a slave. The scars and burn marks tell the story on its own. Plus Peter enlisted in the Union Army with its Colored Regimen. Overall I give this movie an 8.5/10.

Finally saw Avatar. 4/5. Pretty great movie! Really makes you think. The only criticism I have is that the movie falls into the trap of "white savior", and the Na'vi tribe really didn't have much agency of themselves without the lead of the [white] character. Hopefully the second film avoids this!

Indeed, they managed to avoid this trope by a lot. Loved the film and thought the plot beats, the characters and the overall theme amazing. Avatar 2? 5/5.

Saw Whitney Houston: I Wanna Dance With Somebody. Good film to watch if you're a fan of Whitney Houston. The movie tells how she rose to fame as a singing sensation to her tragic death in 2012. The actress who played Whitney in the movie did a wonderful job as well.

Saw Megan. 5/5

Pretty good movie and found myself thoroughly enjoying it. Definitely think it needs a sequel!

I saw Megan as well. The film had its funny moments too. Really loved the AI doll M3GAN. She was so cool and bad-ass all rolled up into one. I give this movie a thumbs up.

Antman 3. Really solid movie! Kang stole the whole, and the first post credit scene had me rolling. 4/5.

Finally saw Puss in Boots 2. 5/5 easily. Dreamworks went all out in terms of animation in that film. Really hype of they used this style of animation for Kung Fu Panda 4.

Saw Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves. I put this movie in the okay category. Somewhere like a B+ rating. Overall the movie had its fighting scenes in which I loved. Also the movie had its funny moments as well. The cast did really well in their perspective roles.

Oooh, I was planning on seeing the movie this weekend. Would it better to wait it out for Streaming release?

You can wait until the movie comes out on streaming. But I think Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves is still showing in some theaters.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3. 5/5.

I thought the second film was overbearing with the jokes, which weigh down the movie a lot. Thankfully, it didn't hindered the film as much in this one. Honestly, Gunn and all the talented cast did wonders to make this film an wonderful send off. I love everyone's character arcs (although Drax had the less compared to all of them), and the villain was downright frightening. Also, my theater was full of tears lol. Rocket's backstory was soul-crushing.

"YOU'RE NOTHING BUT AN ABOMNINATOIN!! NOTIHNG BUT A STEP IN MY PATH!!" "THERE IS NO GOD!! THAT'S WHY I STEPPED IN!"

The very idea that High Evolutionary was sent to the very edge moment Rocket managed to solved something he couldn't, and it worked on top on it was just *chef's kiss*, excellent. I love me some villains that are just evil and nothing else. No sad backstory. No noble cause. Just completely unhinged, unapologetic and outright cruel (boiling point is when he's mockingly fake cry during Rocket's breakdown over his dead friend). Chukwudi Iwuji was amazing, and his acting is so on point. Makes me want to see his other works from the DC universe (mainly Peacemaker). One of my favorite moments is when his grunts basically had enough of his irrational obessesion with Rocket and turned on him, and High Evolutionary literally let out raw energy and blasted everyone away. Once we returned to that scene, there was a beautiful shot where he just stands there in the room he set ablaze. Thought that, ontop of everything else, was a powerful moment of how far in the deep end he fell. On top of that, the ending where he's on the verge of breakdown, literally shouting at Rocket "NOI" in his ranting. Man, that sent chills--but also gives a good feeling when the Guardians just beat the tard out of him. No quips, no jokes. Just straight up beatdown. Kang is cool, but High Evolutionary sold it as the most "terrifying villain" aspect for me. Mainly because he had connections to the main cast, rather than Kang, who's distant at the moment.

I also found it hilarious when High Evolutionary had to use the step stool to look at High Priestess in the eyes. Mainly because the more meta since Elizabeth Debicki, who plays her, is rocking at 6'3. Giant woman!!!

I thought the fight scenes were excellent and well-choreographed, and the CGI was pretty stellar too! Hallway fight was pretty fucking epic. Adam Warlock didn't get much screentime, but at the same time, the time he was there was great. Can't wait to see what the future holds for him and the new guardians. I think this is the best film since No Way Home and Multiverse of Madness for me.

Phew, this was a long reason for my rating, but who cares! Loved this film lmao.

I saw Guardians of the Galaxy vol.3 as well. Very entertaining indeed. Liked how the movie told the origin of Rocket Racoon's story. So sad and I had tears in my eyes. The movie also had some funny moments in which I loved. Plus I warmed up to Adam Warlock(Wished I had his powers lol). The guy really has a future ahead of him. I give this film a 9/10.

Saw Creed 1 for the first time, and man. 4/5 easily. Going to watch the 2nd one tomorrow, and work my way up to the 3rd on Sunday!

Saw Creed 2. Man, this is a step up from the first. Really loved some parallels drawn in here. At certain point during the final bout, I was expectign a flashback of Apollo appearing over Adonis and give him that boost, but I can see why they didn't go that route 😂 On to Creed 3 tomorrow!

Saw Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse. 6/5. A clear step-up of the previous film (I rated the first one as a 3/5). They vastly improved everything here, and man, I was at the edge of my seat during the critical point of Miles and Miguel. Only one issue. I have to wait until next year to see the conclusion. Loved Spots. Loved the spider-folks (Hobie, Gwen, etc), loved the cameos. Spider-Man fans are eating good with No Way Home, Spider-Verse and Spidey games!!!!

Saw Spiderman: Across The Spider-Verse as well. The animation is visually terrific. Loved how the film introduced us to different varieties of Spider people too. Almost like you see in a TV series, the cliffhanger at the end came as a surprise though. I give this one a 9.5 out of 10.

Saw Barbie. 5/5. Its weird, funny and entertaining from start to finish. No scenes felt dragged on (looking at you Sonic 2). I recommend everyone to give it a watch! The suits, Ken and Barbies antics were my favorite parts. 😂

Saw the Blue Beetle. 4/5. Loved the film, loved Jamie and loved the acting!! Only issue is that I felt is the main heroine was ehhhh. Aside from that, I thought the visuals was awesome; Rudy (George Lopez) was funny as hell. I think I REALLY enjoy the entire family just knows that Jamie is a hero and even joins them in the battle (and still not dragging them down). I wish future films explore that aspect more.

Saw the Blue Beetle movie as well and I thought it was really good. I give it a 8.5/10. Also I saw The Equalizer 3 movie. Denzel Washington did a wonderful job playing his role as Robert McCall in the film. I give this movie a 9/10.

Back
Top Bottom