Pokémon Sword and Shield

ShineCero

The Strongest
ADMINISTRATOR
Pronouns
He/Him
m5lwJ0h.jpg

Considering the new merge of the Pokémon section into the gaming section, I'm deciding to start things off opening discussion regarding the incoming Generation 8 games coming out this year, so let’s make some good, continuous discussion of these games, rather than spurt of the moment. Just because we don’t have any news doesn’t mean discussion stops. Speculations, concepts and the sort, will always, generate new discussions.

Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield has officially been revealed, releasing on November 15th, 2019 worldwide, so here are all important, key information for you:

• As of now, Game Freak stated that not every Pokémon will be transferable to these new series of games. They stated their reasons in E3 interview and Famitsu interview. They already responded to supposed concerns, by stating clearly that Pokémon will returned in the future; just because they aren't in Sword and Shield, does not mean they are gone forever.
  • No, they did not split their staff in half nor stated pull all resources onto Town. Toby Fox, famous for Undertale, flat out stated that the team was small.
  • No, they did not state they’re never going to reuse animations. These are nothing more than opportunists attempting to cash on a faux controversy at best.
  • Pokémon Home is releasing early 2020, meaning, even if you could be able to get all Pokemon, you still would not be able to do it until next year.
  • Be weary of supposed leaks. So far, there is one legitimate leak that seemingly hit all major points so far, provided below and contained under spoilers.
  • All trailers will be updated in the first and second post.

Sword and Shield Announcement

[align=center][video=youtube]

Important Information and Resources

Click at your own risk
S1pSbzw.jpg

All Official Trailers

[video=youtube]

Knowing GameFreak, they would probably tease their fans by showing stuff about Pokemon Go, Detective Pikachu, and maybe a spin off game and then reserve the last 30 seconds to the Gen 8 game. xDD

I'll be crying once I see the new Pokemon game. I just can't wait for this game anymore and tomorrow I get my fix!  :wagh: Shame I got class during the time the Pokemon Direct is showing (9:00 AM my time) and I was TEMPTED to skip class to watch a 7 minute direct... but it's my coding class and I really love that class. 

My speculation is that they will probably introduce the starters and I can't wait for the fans to make ridiculous theories based off of X minutes of the new game.

Guess it was packed with full information regarding the next games, Sword and Shield! No time wasted for this one! Here's the trailer for those who didn't seen the direct this morning (or whatever parts of the world you are):

Galar region is seemingly based off of the United Kingdom from first impressions. And those starters looks so dang cute!

Love the starters, love the mc designs and love how the new region looks!! I'm really excited for this game!!
(Still curious about them invisible feet in the trailer xD )

I expected the graphics to look more different tho since they kept saying its gonna be way better than the 3ds version but oh well it be like that sometimes..
Also seems like invisible encounters are back in the game which is too bad.. thats one thing I liked about Lets Go. XD

But still super hyped about the game! Can't wait for more info.

TEAM SOBBLE FOR ME.

I am totally going to pick Sobble, he looks like he would evolve into a chameleon because he can turn invisible, or rather, camouflage into the background. I love the other starts too! I always start with the water type to 'test the waters' of the game. I am in love with the region! I just KNEW it would be based somewhere in Europe. I thought it would be Spain but I was pretty close! I'm super excited to see what the Galar region will bring! I do have a couple of speculations about the starters, however...

Let's start with the Grass-monkey, Grookey.

IN MY OPINION, I think his final evolution will either be Grass/Dark, Grass/Fairy, or Grass/Fighting.
The Pokedex Entry for Grookey mentions that it's mischievous and curious. Dark Pokemon are often portrayed as mischievous and tricky while Fairy Pokemon can be looked as curious and tricky as well. As for the fighting type, I get vibes that he will become a Grass-Infernape. xDD

Scorbunny's final evolution would probably end up being Fire/Electric, Fire/Fighting, or Fire/Normal.

The Dex says that it is always running about and bursting with energy. Rabbits are usually very fast and electric types are some of the fastest Pokemon in the game. Also, the colors kinda make it look like it could become an electric type or maybe I'm just stretching for that one. I noticed something that Shine brought up and he mentioned that Scorbunny has the same pose as Chimchar.

1200px-Scorbunny.png

187-1875901_chimchar-pokemon-chimchar.png

While this can be pure coincidence (Which it probably is), GameFreak is known for making rather subtle hints in things people tend to overlook. Am I saying Scorbunny will be another Fire/Fighting type? I don't know, we'll just have to wait and see. However, the mark on his nose kinda looks like a bandaid, similar to that of fighters. As for Fire/Normal, I think he would be nice as that type. xDD

Last but not least, we have Sobble. I speculate he will be either a pure water type of a Water/Ghost type. I noticed that his name is SOBble, as in sobbing/crying. The Dex mentions that it's shy so what if it evolves and becomes a crazy swole fighter? (Water/Fighting?) If not, I think him being invisible is something ghost types would do, but then again, I wouldn't know. xD

My boy Grookey gets no respect by the fandom! I’m thinking that he might be Grass/Rock, assuming if they kept the whole thing with “Grass Starters being related to extinct animals” shtick. We’re nearly one step closer to creating a Rainbow Monkey team….

I do not personally subscribe to the zodiac theory regarding the starters, but it is pretty damn awesome that we’re getting a fire bunny! I am thinking that he might be fire/electric or fire/steel, depending on the theme they are going for.

Scorbunny and Chimcar having similar poses is just too good for not to be a coincidence. Wouldn’t be surprised if this is a hint towards Generation 4 remakes coming down in the line in the distant future.

Also, be weary of fakes, rumors and bullshit spreading about in regard to the game. Although, I heard that supposedly armored evolutions coming to the game—which is this generation gimmick. I do think GameFreak will add a new mechanic, but another method of evolving… hmm.

I watched the trailer again and I noticed the invisible footsteps that Pinkeyy pointed out where Scobble/Grookey left. Plus, another wolf-like Pokemon appeared again in the Pokemon-League arena (?) as a mascot logo.

I love this. @"fullblue" 

They turned her into a rough, housing brit xD

Looks like we have some information regarding Sword and Shield

Nintendo America just put out a minor bit of new Pokémon Sword & Shield information. With this information, they have confirmed once and for all that the Stadium-like building scattered across the Galar Region are Gyms. This had been theorised but has now finally been confirmed. With this, a new element was introduced. Rather than Gym Leaders, the Gyms in Galar have got Gym Masters.
I wonder what the heck is a Gym Master? Perhaps is no different than Gym Leaders, but master is a curious change.

New Pokémon Sw/Sh Direct on June 5 at 6 a.m. PT! It’s gonna be 15min long! Super excited!
There’s also a Pokémon conference being held on 28th of May.

[video=youtube]

The Rotom Dex also makes an reappearance as "The Rotom Phone". It is a phone inhabited by a Rotom which contains your Pokédex.

Guess most of the rumors, including amoured evolution, wasn't exactly true (if Dynamx Battles is the main gimmick of the games). But it's definitely a shout out to Pokemon Go Raid Battles, so it'll be interesting to see how this developed. It's also a great way to get Go Players to jumped in the main series.

After looking at the trailer some more (I probably looked at this trailer more than any human should) I simply cannot wait for November 15. I read some of the stuff on the official Pokemon Website and I find just a few things kinda interesting.

Another characteristic part of Galarian culture is the way Pokémon battles are regarded as the most popular form of entertainment across the whole region.

This particular line really interests me because I think that the battle mechanics will change more than just Dynamaxing. Maybe different ways to IV train or perhaps a Battle Frontier type of area? I think that the A.I are more intelligent and we need to use strategy in battling rather than stupidly raise the level of everything (Which does nothing if the AI is too stupid to think for itself)

Another thing I've noticed was the song they played during the Pokemon SW/SH trailer. Now, I'm not confirming that it's the main title theme, but if it is, it will be the first one with lyrics. I like that! And speaking of lyrics... I never once saw a box dialogue within the trailer. Could this mean that text boxes have been replaced with actual voice actors? Only time will tell. 

Max Raid Battles is something I see myself doing all the time because I never had a raid battle in Pokemon Go. I'm super excited to finally take a part of it and see the twist SW/SH makes. It looks super interesting.

~ Z ~ said:
After looking at the trailer some more (I probably looked at this trailer more than any human should) I simply cannot wait for November 15. I read some of the stuff on the official Pokemon Website and I find just a few things kinda interesting.

Another characteristic part of Galarian culture is the way Pokémon battles are regarded as the most popular form of entertainment across the whole region.

This particular line really interests me because I think that the battle mechanics will change more than just Dynamaxing. Maybe different ways to IV train or perhaps a Battle Frontier type of area? I think that the A.I are more intelligent and we need to use strategy in battling rather than stupidly raise the level of everything (Which does nothing if the AI is too stupid to think for itself)

Another thing I've noticed was the song they played during the Pokemon SW/SH trailer. Now, I'm not confirming that it's the main title theme, but if it is, it will be the first one with lyrics. I like that! And speaking of lyrics... I never once saw a box dialogue within the trailer. Could this mean that text boxes have been replaced with actual voice actors? Only time will tell. 

Max Raid Battles is something I see myself doing all the time because I never had a raid battle in Pokemon Go. I'm super excited to finally take a part of it and see the twist SW/SH makes. It looks super interesting.

Interesting take on whether or not there will be voicing acting in these games, something I came to initially think as well. However, judging from the gameplay showcase, I think voice acting won’t appeared for this game (perhaps in Generation 9) for now. Pokémon Masters (a gacha mobile game) might be a steppingstone for giving voices for game characters.

There were rounds of people claiming that Masuda’s comments on transferring Pokémon is a mistranslation, but it seemingly not. If certain Pokémon species aren’t in the Galar Pokédex, they cannot be transferred. Disappointing? Tremendously, but I understand the issue with Game Freak with this. It seems that they weren’t too happy with that as well, but we can just assume they can easily patch it in through updates. Hopefully, they can just delay Pokémon Home app until they worked out all the textures and animations. If people can wait for Bank, they can wait for home.

People’s anger is understandable, since they want to play with their mons they had for decades, but it’s not the end of the world. 

We also had two new Pokémon revealed during E3 (it wasn’t announced but it was seen), a Yamper, an electric corgi, and Impidimp, an Imp-like creature. Yamper has an ability called Ball-Fetch, which brings back failed PokéBall throw on the first turn. 
They also show that a Max Raid Dynamax battle last 10 turns. The battle will end if it isn’t defeated during that time (or when four Pokémon of you guys have been KO). Interesting take, especially when they will activate a barrier if their HP falls below half which prevents damage until it is destroyed. 

I thought there will be frame-rate issues, but it so damn smooth! I also like how Pokemon can chased you down. One thing I noticed from the website is how they described certain Pokemon as “this really strong-looking Pokemon…”
Perhaps, that’s an indication of good IVs?

One thing I have noticed is that Chairman Rose and Marnie have the same eyes. Maybe Marnie is Rose's daughter? That would explain the crazy fanbase (Team Yell).

Overall, I'm HYPED about this new trailer and even more hyped about Pokemon SW/SH. I literally can't contain myself.

Galarian Weezing is so posh, I love it! xDD He looks like he's about to tell me about the good old days. It's also interesting to note that G-Zigzagoon is actually the original Zigzagoon. The Hoenn variant is actually an invasive species that mellowed out as time went on. I can't wait to see more of these forms!

~ Z ~ said:
One thing I have noticed is that Chairman Rose and Marnie have the same eyes. Maybe Marnie is Rose's daughter? That would explain the crazy fanbase (Team Yell).

Overall, I'm HYPED about this new trailer and even more hyped about Pokemon SW/SH. I literally can't contain myself.

Galarian Weezing is so posh, I love it! xDD He looks like he's about to tell me about the good old days. It's also interesting to note that G-Zigzagoon is actually the original Zigzagoon. The Hoenn variant is actually an invasive species that mellowed out as time went on. I can't wait to see more of these forms!

I agreed completely! 

Galarian Weezing is becoming a fast favorite of mines and earned a instant spot on my team. I wonder if Arbok will get a Galarian evolution? It's funny how Weezing is getting one after Jessie and James was looking for Alola forms of Koffing and Ekans in the anime. I wonder that was a sly hint to the upcoming games?

Right? It make sense too. I'm really curious about the move Obstruct... it seems like a combination between taunt and counter. What did you think about the hoothoot look?

Screenshot right here:
lpJBAHY.png

Huh! Looks like an interesting Hoothoot form, but then again, it could just be the typical "smart owl" trope thing. I seriously hope it's a new form tho', I really love Hoothoot and Noctowl but I never really get a chance to really use them. 

I agree with Galarian Weezing. He's so British, it hurts. xDD

As for the move Obstruct, I think it's a great move. It mixes taunt and Counter, meaning you will always get back double the damage you initially gave. Add a focus sash on that 'Goon, hope that the move has priority, and this thing can be a wall breaker or a sweep breaker.

Yeah, you could be right! But if it is a Galarian Hoothoot... Psychic/Flying please. Or a brand new owl-type Pokemon? Owl are pretty common in the UK right?

I'm naming him Nigel and no one is going to stop me :wagh:

Oooh, I like that. He also has the ability Reckless or Guts... and the fact that he has access to Extreme Speed... that's gotta back a punch, me thinks :think:

I can see its potential competitive scene based upon its own move pool with new moves to flesh it out.

If he gets E-Speed (which I'm pretty sure he will since Linoon gets it), I imagine the set for this guy.

Max Att, Max Speed
Guts ability
Protect, (stab)E-Speed, Obstruct, ???
Toxic orb

Sweep.

If you name him Nigel, I will end you. Call him Walter. OR MONEYBAGS!

Flying/Psychic? I would like Flying/Dark since Owls usually hunt at night, but I wouldn't mind either one!

Oooh, that's a nice set. 

Reckless increased the power of recoil moves, right? Life Orb + Double Edge can be a think as well, depending on the attack stat. Choice-Band might be a popular set for the Guts Extremespeed set. Flying/Dark is good too. I think Psychic/Flying makes more sense since knowledge=psychic in these case.

No no... Dim Dimmadome! 

klKy0DP.png

These memes are on point, I'm loving it.

I also noticed how Galarian Wheezing and Alolan Muk are essentially good for the environment and cleaning up the mess as opposed to their Kanto versions that, well, bad for the environment. Really makes sense in perspective in lore for the world of Pokemon. I wonder what his other ability will be?

And I say (no pun intended), these new animation is amazing. I really like how Wheezing's top hat shoots up steam whenever he attacks, the facial expression he makes when he'd idle and more (just like other Pokemon). Dusion even got an updated animation, his body becoming jiggling this time around.

Back
Top Bottom