Considering the new merge of the Pokémon section into the gaming section, I'm deciding to start things off opening discussion regarding the incoming Generation 8 games coming out this year, so let’s make some good, continuous discussion of these games, rather than spurt of the moment. Just because we don’t have any news doesn’t mean discussion stops. Speculations, concepts and the sort, will always, generate new discussions.
Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield has officially been revealed, releasing on November 15th, 2019 worldwide, so here are all important, key information for you:
- As of now, Game Freak stated that not every Pokémon will be transferable to these new series of games. They stated their reasons in E3 interview and Famitsu interview. They already responded to supposed concerns, by stating clearly that Pokémon will returned in the future; just because they aren't in Sword and Shield, does not mean they are gone forever.
- No, they did not split their staff in half nor stated pull all resources onto Town. Toby Fox, famous for Undertale, flat out stated that the team was small.
- No, they did not state they’re never going to reuse animations. These are nothing more than opportunists attempting to cash on a faux controversy at best.
- Pokémon Home is releasing early 2020, meaning, even if you could be able to get all Pokemon, you still would not be able to do it until next year.
- Be weary of supposed leaks. So far, there is one legitimate leak that seemingly hit all major points so far, provided below and contained under spoilers.
- All trailers will be updated in the first and second post.
Sword and Shield Announcement
Important Information and Resources
- An Developer weighs in on gaming development and difficult task of making and animating different models for the game
- Keep being updated on news by following Serebii.NET
Click at your own risk