Phobias

~ Z ~

Black Jacket
There are some things that people are really scared of. These fears can turn to extreme cases and can has a very drastic effect on the person who witnesses them. Some people are scared naturally of some things while other people have a much more personal reason attached to it. These phobias are no laughing matter but some of us have learned to overcome these phobias. If you have advice about overcoming a phobia, express them all here! Let us know what you have a phobia of. Why are you scared of this particular thing? If you don't know where to start, consider the following and even add your own ideas!
  • What are you truly scared of?
  • Are you scared of it naturally or was it traumatic?
  • How long have you been scared of this thing?
  • What do you feel when you think about it?
  • Have you gotten better or worse at dealing with it?
  • Have you had professional help?
Keep in mind that we are here to help you overcome your fears but you should always seek professional help if things become too hard for you to handle. Anyone who has overcome a fear can share their knowledge of what they did. Do not be ashamed about admitting your fears, we are all scared of something. Sometimes telling people what you are scared of can be the first step to overcoming it. Tell us your stories about what you are scared of and why? What do you plan to do about it? Let us know here

Please do not show any pictures of any sorts of phobias in this thread. Any pictures depicting phobias will be removed, even if it has been hidden in the spoiler button. Please do not mock anyone about their certain fear.

My phobia is blood. Jesus, I'll run out of the room the moment I see guts and organs flying out. However, it seems to be more gear towards reality stuff. Fictional stuff doesn't seem to "phase" me as much (unless it's guro, yeah I'm running for the hills).

Heights
snakes
and anything related to stage freight

Spiders. All of em. And any buzzing kind of bug. I always have had this problem thinking that if I don't squish a buzzing bug or normal spider, that it'll either crawl in my ear or in my bed. I have found a spider in my bed before so I live in constant fear of finding one reaching for anything between my bed and the wall.

Having a boyfriend and getting married. I was hurt and mistreated a lot. For instance: Not only I was bullied in school, I was maltreated by my stepdad - who even said mean things about my mom behind my back - and his younger neighbors, my dad got my now-stepmom pregnant when he and my mom were still in a relationship, my Auntie Yvette and Uncle CJ were getting into huge fights a lot, my other Uncle Freddie screamed at me on some occasions, my now-former Uncle not only cheated on my mom, he also tried to control me, and my now-former dA/Facebook friend tried to emotionally abuse and manipulate me especially by falsely accusing me of siding with the now-former mutual friend. One of my former classmates and his younger brother harassed me into being the former's girlfriend which I did not want to do.

Misua Cat said:
Having a boyfriend and getting married. I was hurt and mistreated a lot. For instance: Not only I was bullied in school, I was maltreated by my stepdad - who even said mean things about my mom behind my back - and his younger neighbors, my dad got my now-stepmom pregnant when he and my mom were still in a relationship, my Auntie Yvette and Uncle CJ were getting into huge fights a lot, my other Uncle Freddie screamed at me on some occasions, my now-former Uncle not only cheated on my mom, he also tried to control me, and my now-former dA/Facebook friend tried to emotionally abuse and manipulate me especially by falsely accusing me of siding with the now-former mutual friend. One of my former classmates and his younger brother harassed me into being the former's girlfriend which I did not want to do.

Sheesh that sounds rough. Sorry that had to happen to ya.

Misua Cat said:

Jesus christ.. I'm sorry that happen to you.

I have a horrible fear of dogs/animals in general. When I was young in Honduras, we had two big dogs which protected our little farm of chickens, goats, and rabbits. One night I had to use the bathroom and go outside (We didn't exactly have a bathroom). When I came back, I was attacked by the male dog (They were trained to attack anyone who enters my grandma's farm.) in the middle of the night. I didn't even see it coming but it bit down on the back of my leg and pulled me to the floor, shaking me like a doll.

My mom and grandma had to get him off of me. I never felt so scared in my entire life but I also know where I stand on the food chain. The next morning, the dog acted like nothing happened and returned to his friendly nature. I don't blame the dog because he was trained to attack but I never ever went near dogs, or any animal, ever again. My mom was worried that the dog got rabies, since he never got vaccinated. Luckily he didn't have rabies. I know not to mess with animals but I am not scared to attack them if I am attacked. I literally freeze when I see a dog, specifically big ones.

Back
Top Bottom