Phobias

Im fine with all animals except for the centipedes. Those can go extinct for all I care. I have this fear that they will crawl into my ears when I sleep. Though, when I encounter one I often act violently and kill ylthe little ****. Not sure if it's considered a phobia.

I have the fear of getting martied too. My dad is not the best dad cause he is slobby and make my mom mad all the time. Then there are relatives with broken family. 

But my biggest fear is being judged. My mom is a perfectionist and kind of a dictator. Typical Asian mom you know. Nothing I do is perfect to her and I grew up listening to her nagging and complaining about my look. She even tell embarrassing stuff to her friends (sometimes mine). I know she loves me but the way she do it is just verbal abuse. So now I always have the fear that people are judging me behind my back, I always get nervous in social situations and often imagine all the bad things they must be thinking about me. 

And if you wonder why I don't talk to my mom aboyt this. First, in Asian belief, kids are below their parent's level so they cannot have equal conversation or talk back, even when parents are clearly in the wrong. There are modern family with open minded parents but that's not mine. Second, verbal abuse is something Vietnamese parents think as normal. I see countless people who just outright degrade their kids in tge street. I tried telling her sometimes but it's hard to change a much older person's belief. They would just think you are disrespectful or rebellious.

Back
Top Bottom