Mob Psycho 100

Appelsider

Green Jacket
Website
twitter.com
80356l.jpg

Kageyama Shigeo (a.k.a. "Mob") is a 8th grader with psychic abilities. He could bend spoons and lift objects with his mind from a young age, but he slowly began to withhold from using his abilities in public due to the negative attention he kept receiving. Now, the only thing he wants is to become friends with a girl in his class, Tsubomi. With his psychic "mentor" (who has no psychic powers), he continues his daily life, attempting to realize his purpose in life.

Pretty sure at least some of you guys are gonna watch this one. *cough Shine cough*xD

Very nice first ep! Animation it top notch and I like the OP song.

I watched the first episode Thursday! I really liked it, and hope to make a review post for each episode once I finish drafting the first episode. :p

I really like the animation and characters so far. On one hand, I feel bad for Mob basically being tricked into a con artist's Exorcism service but on the other, ghosts are legit creepin around and he doesn't seem to be a bad guy. So hating the guy he works ...for? is kinda hard. lol

Mob is adorable even if he's rather an introvert though. I thought his shyness towards his classmate crush was a cute scene.

I watched both episodes. Mob Psycho 100 has glorious animation and mein god, the opening is intense. Best opening I've seen in this summer season, lol. 

Mob is pretty much a adorable kid. I like that he wanted to joined the Body Builder Club so he can impressed that girl he likes. I also like all the One-Punch Man references that get thrown in there xD

I saw both episodes too and I really like it! I like the animation style despite some people saying it looks 'unfinished and  poorly drawn'. To be honest, I think it fits the style of the anime very well. I like the fact that the anime gets right down to ONE's style and is very traditional with it. That's not something you see everyday and it's something that should be looked up upon. 

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE MUSIC. The music, is, by far, some of the best I've heard and it absolutely fits the battle scenes, funny scenes, and the anime in general. I already have the theme song downloaded to my ipod. xDD

The story has a very nice pacing and I think it might last for only 12 episodes. But I think it'll be as epic as OPM and its 12 episodes. I cannot wait to see how the things will unfold for Mob and what more there is to come.

Agreed, the opening is a Banger (see I use urban dictionary)

I never felt too bothered about the animation though and I'm a total snob about visuals lmao

It probably looks unfinished given that it seems to be a flat shading and gives a kind of cartoon feel for much of the normal scenes I think. Helps add to the lightheartedness of the non-serious parts. Though, I find it to be much more expressive and emotive than the OPM adaptation. Perhaps it's because the moods between the two main pairs are very different-- both Genos and Saitama tend to not be super expressive.

It gives me a good laugh with how crazy the faces can be drawn in detail (and some of Mob' faces too!). Unfortunately I haven't seen the newer eps, since I got tied up in taking screencaps for a future review post... whoops!

Third episode is out.

Man, the animation continues to be excellent and the music, my god. I'm hype for the OST to be release soon. 

Do we know how many episodes this will have?

I like that they're switching the chapters from the manga around to slowly build up Mob's character for the anime adaption. Definitely a nice touch. Felt bad that Mob felt like he's constantly in the way of people's fun because he thinks he'll explode.

Love that third episode! Mob's expression and 100% mode were way past what I expected! I love his reason for not really showing his emotions and I also love what happens when he does. Dimples was crazy but I guess you can say he wasn't as crazy as some other bad guys. I love how Dimples came back as a Booger and Mob got an instant 20% to his explosive meter. xDD

Also, dat opening...

giphy.gif

But Mob's face at 100% mode... It's amazing.

ICBooBZ.png

Syn said:
Is this by the same person who did One Punch Man? Because the style looks a bit like it. I might give it a watch!

Yup. ONE created both OPM and Mob Psycho. You'll see OPM references in Mob Psycho here and there (but it's a more blink and you'll miss it kind of deal). 

I highly recommended it! I personally enjoy it even more than OPM and I'm a huge OPM fan xD

And its over! It was a quite enjoyable show. :D
Also it was a nice touch giving the last moments of the anime the original art style.

Just watched the 12th episode of Mob Psycho 100. 

What a great way to end the series—with a cliffhanger to the boot. For those who are curious and wondering if Mob Psycho 100 is worth watching it—give it a try—it has a very structured plot that does not fall into the typical trope (where it leans on the edge). The animation of ONE’s original style is captured very well—I like the cartoony aspects—which makes the animation more fluid than most modern animes as of late. 
Musical Score is god damn amazing, I would love to get my hands on it (the full opening is finally out).

Quite honestly, this is one of the best seasons the Summer Animes has to offer, if not the best. The animation, the story and the characters were amazing at every turn. ONE is truly capable of creating wonderful stories. Those that are fans of ONE’s other work, you might find yourself liking Mob Psycho 100 better.

Since I'm on break week, I was able to sit down and binge-watch up to episode 6 today! Seriously I cry almost each episode because of how gutwrenchingly close some of the themes in each individual episode hits home sometimes... mostly I just get kicked in the guts because I love Mob so much!! I wanna protect the egg boy...

For those who have already finished the anime and read ONE's manga for MP100, where exactly does the final episode leave end on (like which chapter)? As much as I'd like to read the manga from the start after this, I'm very impatient and might not do so if there isn't drastic differences between the anime and the source material.

Mob Psycho 100 anime ends around chapter 50 of the manga. The anime changes a few things around in comparison of the manga (moved the chapters earlier than expected), but it's relatively the same.

Yup! Most of them are short-stories, so they don't necessarily contribute much to the plot overall. And as of now, Mob Psycho 100 is only about 98 chapters long. So you'll definitely be up to speed in less than a week :lmao:

[align=center][video=youtube]

The second PV of Mob Psycho 100 is now live; courtesy that it's subtitle :pimp:

I'm so hype that they're going to adapt the Mogami Arc.

First episode of Mob Psycho 100 Season 2 is out and my god, the quality did not dip at all. You can tell bONEs is putting their all in this fun little series. 

Mob continues to be best boy; I was feeling it for him when Emi asked him if he can't have his own opinions. This is a running theme from the first season, where Mob never truly expresses himself. 

The music composition for that scene was raw and emotional, the moment he restored her ripped novel was heart-warming and sweet. This is a stark contrast of the first episode of season 1, giving Mob more agency this time around.

I can't wait for episode 2!

Whoa I cant believe MP100 first aired three years ago. Didnt feel that long at all!

The first ep of s2 was nice! I liked the small flashbacks to s1 which helped jog my memory. Kageyama is such a sweet kid I hope he doesnt suffer too much this season. XD

Wow, it's been three years? Time flies.

Yeah, Mob is such a wonderful kid. I always love how the Body Improvement Club are such total bros to Mob, I'm getting diabetes of how sweet it is  :katsalute:

Back
Top Bottom