Mighty Number 9

ShineCero said:
Frenzied Shadow said:
ShineCero said:
Frenzied Shadow said:
The game sucks. There's only one power in the game that's really worthwhile using regardless if it's the weakness of other bosses or not. Crappy framerates, it's just baaaaad.

A-atleast the story is alright.. right?

*insert actual story here* Realistically there's nothing going on. Or something... I dunno. It feels super linear with no idea what's supposed to be happening.

I mean regardless, it's pretty straightforward. Defeat the numbers, and find out who wants to take over the world. Voila, 4 million dollars down the drain.

What a god damn shame. All that potential, wasted. Future Developers will have to take a good look at this and don't end up becoming the travesty. Or simply don't rely on kickstarter for video games. Or trying to shoenhorn it to every damn console available. 

250px-Beckisgonnabebig.jpg

I don't mind if game developers are relying on kickstarters, but if we're gonna donate we have to see progress. The only thing we saw before this was what could've been. And it looked amazing. It really did. Now we have this shitshow. Keiji Inafune knows better than to have not shown progress. That's why Koji Igarashi has so much praise right now because he's showing us every little thing regarding his progress on Bloodstained. And it looks incredible, you know what I mean?

Frenzied Shadow said:
I don't mind if game developers are relying on kickstarters, but if we're gonna donate we have to see progress. The only thing we saw before this was what could've been. And it looked amazing. It really did. Now we have this shitshow. Keiji Inafune knows better than to have not shown progress. That's why Koji Igarashi has so much praise right now because he's showing us every little thing regarding his progress on Bloodstained. And it looks incredible, you know what I mean?

True. I just think, the way they did it with Mighty No. 9, was horrible done and managed. It might give people a little bit with uncertainty to invest money in brand new company trying to make a name for themselves. Especially with all the drama it accumulated in the early production (something about SJWs trying to shove their beliefs into the project). When I see a kickstarter, as you said, we normally see progression, updates, videos and the sort. I wasn't too invested in it, but I have yet to see many videos for it. It was just "promises" after "promises", screen shots here and there and that was it and whelp, look how that turned out XD

As someone who owns the game, it's not that bad. I will say I think they wasted a LOT of time trying to put it on so many platforms and trying to make its multiplayer viable on its own.

Gameplay wise, I can honestly say I enjoy it. It feels a lot like a Megaman game. My biggest issues are that certain puzzles are impossible to pass if you don't figure them out within seconds and every boss has about 3 attacks. I know that's more than the original 72 Robot Masters, but the X, Zero and ZX series all gave us a higher standard than that. Hell, even Megaman 8/& Bass had more versatile bosses than that!

The bosses are obnoxiously difficult the first time you fight them, but you can learn their patterns and that makes them child play.

The underwater level is almost unplayable. Either my my eyes have already crapped out on me or my screen really hates that level, because I couldn't see a damn thing for the first half of it.

Overall though, despite the minor frustrations, I am still enjoying this game. I'm glad I spent the money, but I hope he sees this as a lesson for the future.

Back
Top Bottom