Languages That You Speak

I've been attempting to learn German ever since a year or two ago in which I've purchased a PC game which was entirely in German. In fact I can pretty much perfectly play said game even considering that it's in German and I've yet to truly understand German at all just yet.

I can speak Urdu (not super good though), Dutch and English. But I can also understand basic German because it has it's similarities with Dutch. And I only know a few things in French but I wouln't count that one. xD

Nope, it's the name of the language they speak in Pakistan. :D and it's very similar to Hindi which they speak in India so I can watch Bollywood movies. B)
But I can't write in either of them. xD

Ploep said:
Nope, it's the name of the language they speak in Pakistan. :D and it's very similar to Hindi which they speak in India so I can watch Bollywood movies. B)
But I can't write in either of them. xD

Wow, that's very interesting. Is Urdu common in other middle eastern countries as well? Or it's similar to that of the Spanish language whereas, they're the same but have different wordings and phrases?

Hmm I'm not super knowledgeable about it but I don't think it's a common language in the middle eastern countries.
India and Pakistan were formerly 1 nation at first, so the verbal language stayed similar even after the nation split, but the written language is different. Just like Bluey said, Urdu's writing seems closer to Arabic (maybe because they're both Islamic countries), and Hindi is just written totally different. xD But there are other languages in India/Pakistan too like Punjabi but let's not go there. xD
I think just as you said Shine, the Hindi and Urdu language are the same, but they might have different wordings and phrases etc. Not that I'd notice I just speak mumbo jumbo whatever comes up in my mind since I never got taught how to read or speak it fluently. xD

It's not a common language outside the Indian subcontinent. Heck, historians and political scientist don't always consider Pakistan part of Arab world. Urdu was probably born when the Persian Empire conquered northern parts of India.

Back
Top Bottom