Favorite Video Game Quotes?

HK-47:
"Explanation: It's just that...you have all these squishy parts, master. And all that water! How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea."

My favorite line though from this amazing droid was on Tat when you were talking to the Sand People Chief.

HK-47:
"Translation: He requires proof of good faith. We must make a contribution to his people that shows we are not a threat. Shall I blast him now, master?"

"...I am Caim." 

This is a quote by the main protagonist of the game, Drakengard.

For context, Caim remained mute throughout the duration of the game, giving up his ability to speak in exchange for power when forming a pact with a Dragon. Despite their history and journey together, in one of the endings, Caim and his dragon, Angelus, are forced into a battle. Angelus wished to bring forth the world of Dragons, as Caim stand against her path. Their pact now broken, you clearly see the agony of both of these characters after they all went through.

At the end, Caim stood firm, held strong despite his conflicting emotions and shout out his name, his first words he'd spoke in the entire game aside from the beginning. "I am Caim." Proclaiming his own identity and own being, and also a declaration to Angelus as they battle for one last time.

"Shiver in fear from my blood curdling howl! System Shock!"

- Volk, Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits

"I shall not rest until both my subjects and you humans enjoy a level of freedom you have only dreamed about, for this is the true nature of things. Chaos is the true nature of the world! The stronger, more beautiful creatures survive and continue to reproduce, naturally bettering all that live. The cycle of rebirth and destruction will continue unfettered for all eternity, improving life for all until the end of time."

- Lucifer, Shin Megami Tensei I

"See you around, officer!"
- CJ to the deceased Frank Tenpenny in GTA San Andreas.

"We have destroyed many of them, but although their weaponry is primitive, we greatly underestimated the strength of their numbers!"
- Martian leading an ill-fated vanguard of their invasion of Earth in Jeff Wayne's The War of the Worlds.

Back
Top Bottom